PDA

View Full Version : Optimization Channeling spells/powers through other creatures

sleepyphoenixx
2016-07-13, 05:42 PM
So i've been looking at options for a hidden caster to cast spells without giving away your position - ideally by not being there at all.
The things i've found so far:

Any manifester with a psicrystal at level 15 can channel a power through his psicrystal. 1 mile range, no LoS/LoE required.
A Knight of the Raven 7 can channel spells through his raven harrier. Requires LoS and lengthens casting time.
Arcane Hierophants can channel spells through animals and plants. Restricted uses/day, needs LoS and LoE.
Deceptive Spell feat lets you have your spells originate from somewhere else. +1 metamagic, can't circumvent cover, give a bonus to hit or otherwise give a mechanical or numerical advantage. Presumably also needs LoS/LoE.
Trickery Devotion lets you see through it at level 10 and cast spells originating from the image at level 15. Limited duration, needs LoE.
Project Image also lets you see through it and cast spells originating from the image. Rounds/level duration, needs LoE, ends if LoE is broken.

Now the psicrystal option is obviously the best of the lot - no extra costs, no limits beyond the 1 mile range, always available, no need for LoE or LoS.
It's limited to powers though. Is there any option to get something similar for a familiar, animal companion or other minion?

daremetoidareyo
2016-07-14, 01:11 AM
Take a look at the channeling celestials guide in my sig below. channel celestial + share spells + planar ally of the celestial you want.

Zsaber0
2016-07-14, 08:19 AM
There is the metamagic feat Deceptive Spell from Cityscape which makes it so anyone who did not actively observe you casting the spell can not tell it was you who cast it and the actual spell seems to come from anywhere you designate, no skill checks or saving throws. There is also Invisible Spell Metamagic which is rather self explanatory.