PDA

View Full Version : Let's Build! - A God slayer!

MatchesMalone
2016-07-13, 09:01 PM
Hey, everyone!

So I've been holding off for a while now, probably too long, to try to bring this build project forward. What the basic idea behind it is that each week, or even bi-weekly, together as a community we build a character. Since I'm currently in a 5e game, 5e is the rule set for this build. I will most-likely be bringing this to Pathfinder as well, but we'll pay the Troll toll when we get to that bridge to cross.

That said, we'll be doing a build from level 8, however, we'll also be doing a SECOND build as well. That's right, we're getting a two-for-one out of this build. So why two? Specifically here with the character I've chosen, he has something special about him, he cannot truly die. With this character, if he dies, he goes into a stasis until he's found and released. Now, when this happen, he returns as a different person, hence the second build. This character has 'died' in the campaign I'm currently playing in, however, he could be returning soon in one form or the other.

Let's begin with the form he died in. Stats and character information are as follows:

Name: Varyx Galliot
Race: Human
Class: Fighter - Eldritch Knight
Level: 8
Background: Soldier
Alignment: Neutral Good
Height: 6'4"
Weight: 257 lbs.
Eyes: Black w/ Red insets

Stats
Strength: 20
Dexterity: 20
Constitution: 20
Intelligence: 17
Wisdom: 17
Charisma: 16

Proficiency Bonus: +3

Saving Throws
*Strength: +8
Dexterity: +5
*Constitution: +8
Intelligence: +3
Wisdom: +3
Charisma: +3

Skills:
*Acrobatics: +8
Animal Handling: +3
Arcana: +3
*Athletics: +8
Deception: +3
History:+3
Insight: +3
*Intimidation: +6
Investigation: +[3
Medicine: +3
Nature: +3
*Perception: +6
Performance: +3
Persuasion: +3
Religion: +3
Sleight of Hand: +5
Stealth: +5
Survival: +3

Passive Wisdom (Perception): 16

Armor Class: 17
Initiative: +5
Speed: 30 ft.
Hit Points: 97

Weapons & Armor: 2 Longswords 2 Scimitars, Longbow, 2 handaxes, studded leather

Feats & Traits:
Two-Weapon Fighting
Second Wind
Proficiency with all armor and shields
Action Surge
Martial Archetype - Eldritch Knight
Attacks x3
War Magic - Cantrip + Melee attack

Spells:
Spellcasting Ability: +4
Spell Save DC: 15
Spell Attack Bonus: +7

Cantrips: Fire Bolt, Ray of Frost

Level 1 Spells: Magic Missile, Shield, Chromatic Orb, Witch Bolt, Detect Magic, Burning Hands
Level 2 Spells: Shatter, Scorching Ray

For the other form, there will be some differences and I'd like to build him from level 1 all the way up to level 8.

Name: Cristof Enialis Galanodel-Pendragon
Race: Wood Elf
Class: Fighter - Eldritch Knight
Level: Level 1, Building to 8, and continuing forward
Background: Soldier
Alignment: Neutral Good
Height: 6'2"
Weight: 203 lbs.
Eyes: Black w/ Red insets

Stats
Strength: 18
Dexterity: 20
Constitution: 17
Intelligence: 15
Wisdom: 16
Charisma: 15

Proficiency Bonus: +2

Saving Throws
*Strength: +6
Dexterity: +5
*Constitution: +5
Intelligence: +2
Wisdom: +3
Charisma: +2

Skills:
*Acrobatics: +7
Animal Handling: +3
Arcana: +2
*Athletics: +6
Deception: +2
History:+2
Insight: +3
*Intimidation: +4
Investigation: +2
Medicine: +3
Nature: +2
*Perception: +5
Performance: +2
Persuasion: +2
Religion: +2
Sleight of Hand: +5
Stealth: +5
*Survival: +5

Passive Wisdom (Perception): 13

Armor Class: 20
Initiative: +5
Speed: 35 ft.
Hit Points: 13

Weapons & Armor: 2 katanas 2 wakazashis, Longbow, 2 elven curve blades, half-plate armor

Feats & Traits:
Two-Weapon Fighting
Second Wind
Elven Weapon Training
Fleet of Foot
Mask of the Wild
Darkvision
Keen Senses
Fey Ancestry
Trance

Now then, let's let the building begin!

MatchesMalone
2016-07-14, 04:14 PM
Is this thing on? *taps keyboard*

CantigThimble
2016-07-14, 04:19 PM
I have absolutely no clue what I'm supposed to do to participate or what the limitations or rules are.

MatchesMalone
2016-07-14, 04:48 PM
I have absolutely no clue what I'm supposed to do to participate or what the limitations or rules are.

We're just building a character thst could defeat or be an extremely heavy-hitter against a God character. You're just to throw in suggestions to make him strong enough to stand against one.

CantigThimble
2016-07-14, 04:50 PM
The God of knowledge? The God of storms? Archery? War? I'd approach each of them very differently.

Is unearthed arcana allowed? How do I generate ability scores? Am I allowed to have magic items?

Morcleon
2016-07-14, 07:45 PM
Regardless of what your build is, your weapon should always be Wave, the legendary sentient trident. It deals +50% of the target's max HP on a crit. Combine with Champion Fighter for a 48% chance of getting at least one crit in a turn (72% if you manage to get advantage on all of your attacks).

MatchesMalone
2016-07-14, 09:17 PM
The God of knowledge? The God of storms? Archery? War? I'd approach each of them very differently.

Is unearthed arcana allowed? How do I generate ability scores? Am I allowed to have magic items?
Let's go with Tiamat. Unearthed Arcana is allowed. Utilize the above scores provided. Yes, to magic items.

Regardless of what your build is, your weapon should always be Wave, the legendary sentient trident. It deals +50% of the target's max HP on a crit. Combine with Champion Fighter for a 48% chance of getting at least one crit in a turn (72% if you manage to get advantage on all of your attacks).

The alternate form as a Champion sounds awesome. The Trident sounds bad-ass!

MatchesMalone
2016-07-16, 07:13 PM

What book is Wave in?

MaxWilson
2016-07-16, 07:27 PM
what book is wave in?

DMG, if I recall correctly.