PDA

View Full Version : The people on this forum

ShirAhn
2016-07-14, 05:44 AM
I just wanted to thank you all, I have never experienced such a helpful lot of people than on this forum.
I'm new to whole DMing thing and the advice I get on this forum has made the overal experience for me and my players allot better. Thank you..

hymer
2016-07-14, 05:48 AM
May your campaigns be long and your arguments few. :smallwink:

JNAProductions
2016-07-14, 06:31 AM
I just wanted to thank you all, I have never experienced such a helpful lot of people than on this forum.
I'm new to whole DMing thing and the advice I get on this forum has made the overal experience for me and my players allot better. Thank you..

We're on the same forum, right? :P

Yeah, there's some fantastic people here. While sometimes we all get bogged down in arguments over dumb stuff, overall this is a nice place. Glad you like it!

Klorox
2016-07-14, 06:37 AM
I agree wholeheartedly with the OP. The snark is lower here than anyplace else I've been looking for D&D discussions.

And if you want to discuss optimization, it isn't looked down upon here.

WickerNipple
2016-07-14, 08:39 AM

Welcome aboard! :smallsmile:

Falcon X
2016-07-14, 03:21 PM
I was a long time lurker before I finally joined the forums here. I chose this because the playground consistently had the most helpful and willing people who tried to help you in the way you wanted to be helped.
Not much has changed in the few years since then except an even more diverse group of people.

I think it's great!

Alejandro
2016-07-14, 03:33 PM

Yeah, there's some fantastic people here. While sometimes we all get bogged down in arguments over dumb stuff, overall this is a nice place. Glad you like it!

Dumb Stuff is one of the most OP forum discussion builds. Shows how much you know, troglodyte.

/humor

Pont
2016-07-14, 03:33 PM
I can only say "ditto". Its my go-to site for D&D (and other RP games), and I have been inspired by various posts countless times. Also the "worst DM /Player / Adventure threads are hilarious! :)

2016-07-14, 03:42 PM
This community is collectively awesome! Some individuals are less so.

GlenSmash!
2016-07-14, 05:57 PM
I lurked here, and later joined for much the same reason. People here are very helpful. As a 5e player I was pretty well terrified of DMing. Now i do it almost exclusively (i still prefer to play, but it's easier to get my friends together if I volunteer to DM.)

I've found a lot of good advice and inspiration on these boards, and a lot of good humor too.

Fightmaster
2016-07-15, 12:55 PM
This forum is great, people answer promptly and effectively. The stuff I've learned here has helped me both as a player and a DM. :smallbiggrin:

2D8HP
2016-07-16, 06:34 AM
Most of the folks on this Forum are real nice.
Some are really, really, very funny!
And a couple are both.
:wink:

krugaan
2016-07-16, 06:49 AM
This community is collectively awesome! Some individuals are less so.

Lol, i didn't know I was ninja'ed until i clicked reply.

Well done, sir.

Anonymouswizard
2016-07-16, 07:17 AM

We're the only forum where you can get into a 20 page argument over if x=2, or if x=2. Occasionally we'll also have arguments over whether x=2 or x=3, or sometimes if x=2 or y=3.

I agree wholeheartedly with the OP. The snark is lower here than anyplace else I've been looking for D&D discussions.

And if you want to discuss optimization, it isn't looked down upon here.

Yeah, we try to be welcoming and support most playstyles. We do have a bit of a culture of 'you must optimise X much to be viable', but that's due to the fact that a good number of us play in games where that's true, and we generally agree that required optimisation varies a lot depending on the group.

On the snark front, we also have a tendency towards good natured and inclusive snark, instead of exclusive snark. If you look a lot of snark is directed at rules, or is just a friendly joke.

Oh, and people are generally very welcoming to you expressing an interest in a system that they don't like. I think the only thing the Playground really agrees on is 'don't use D&D to play nonfantasy games (although you can use the engine for your own game', on almost everything else it seems to be good natured.

Plus, we have the Things I may no longer do while playing threads, which can occasionally be hilarious.

hymer
2016-07-16, 08:01 AM
We're the only forum where you can get into a 20 page argument over if x=2, or if x=2.

Come, come! We never argue that. I might be persuaded that we sometimes argue whether 2=x or 2=x, though.

Baptor
2016-07-16, 05:50 PM
In total agreement. This is the most civilized D&D forum on the Internet.

Submortimer
2016-07-16, 06:48 PM
in total agreement. This is the most civilized d&d forum on the internet.

the fighter sucks, the ranger sucks, wizards doesn't know anything about game design, and you're an a$$h01e for arguing with me!

2D8HP
2016-07-16, 07:57 PM
the fighter.....But how do you really feel?

:wink:

JackPhoenix
2016-07-28, 06:56 PM
In total agreement. This is the most civilized D&D forum on the Internet.

I've seen people on 4chan /tg/ come to the same conclusion. Even though there was a feeling that GiantitP focuses too much on optimalization and rule arguments and is a little less creative than /tg/, general agreement was that there's no better forum for D&D related needs.