PDA

View Full Version : So... Rich. About the books...

Alysar
2007-07-02, 07:45 PM
Any plans for future books composed entirely of comics that have never appeared on the website?

SoD was perfect.

You succeeded in making Xykon absolutely, irredeemably, unsympathetically evil, as you intended. And at the same time I understood what a horrible position Redcloak is in.And I'd love to see more of what you can do when you have more than two or three days to churn out the next comic.

Porthos
2007-07-02, 10:49 PM
Any plans for future books composed entirely of comics that have never appeared on the website?

SoD was perfect.

You succeeded in making Xykon absolutely, irredeemably, unsympathetically evil, as you intended. And at the same time I understood what a horrible position Redcloak is in.And I'd love to see more of what you can do when you have more than two or three days to churn out the next comic.

In the last commentary in No Cure for the Paladin Blues, Rich stated that he had at least one more "all new" book planned beyond the Xykon/Redcloak book. He didn't give any clue whatsoever about what the book would be about, however.

Personally, I'm hoping for an "Order of the Rift" book. Other people have been clamoring for a Linear Guild backstory book. And, even if it wouldn't be as cool as an OotR book, I'd be looking forward to an Origins of the Guild style book as well. :smallsmile:

Ithekro
2007-07-02, 11:11 PM
I'd think we wouldn't see an Order of the Scribble Book until we see at least something on the fates of the last two members of that Adventurig Party in the regular comic. We have no real knowledge of Girard or Serini after they started putting their gates in order some 60 years before events of the Order of the Stick. Serini could be adventuring still on her own, and Girard could be using illusions to appear young while watching over his gate from some nearby town.

Of course there could be a book on the gods: "Thor: De Four Pantheons".

Alysar
2007-07-02, 11:35 PM
I don't know about anyone else, but if we see a book about the origin of the gates, I wouldn't want to see the whole thing done as crayon art. It's fine for short segments like in 'The Crayons of Time' or the segment in the middle of 'Start of Darkness'. But I just think that an entire book about the First Order should be done in regular stick art.

Spiky
2007-07-02, 11:36 PM
Ooh, how about....Origins of Unseen NPCs? You know, the ones that only get a finger or half a leg onscreen. Their stories are important, even if seeing their faces isn't.

Gundato
2007-07-02, 11:38 PM
If there is ever a book that is truly about what happened (and not just the lore that various religions have in regards to it), it would probably be stick figure. The way I see it, the crayons are to distinguish that it is less sharp, less precise. Whereas the usual art involves sharp vector-art and the like, the crayons are a natural and fluid art, which suggests the vagaries associated with religion itself.

Chronos
2007-07-03, 12:03 AM
There are also a bunch of strips which originally appeared in Dragon magazine, which have never been seen online. He's said that he originally planned to collect them into a book when there were enough of them, but since Dragon is ending, that might not happen, so he's going to have to figure out some other way to distribute them.