PDA

View Full Version : Monte Cook's World of Darkness: Is there any more?

inuyasha
2016-07-14, 05:02 PM
I am a big fan of MCWoD, and I think this is the correct place to post about it. If not, I'll get the thread moved.

Now, I've never actually played it, but me and some friends have contemplated playing/DMing it at times. I know, some of it's not balanced and whatnot, but that's not the point at hand.

What I want to know is, do any of you guys know of any homebrew or fan-made supplements that were made for it that are in a usable state of completion? I found one a while ago, but it was so incomplete that I don't think I could have used it.

This system is just too interesting to only have one book and no fan content...

inuyasha
2016-07-15, 12:00 PM
BUMP

Does anyone know of any other content for this fun system?

Gildedragon
2016-07-15, 12:09 PM
Nope. But I've been tinkering with binders, spirit shamans, and meldshapers for something Geistlike

inuyasha
2016-07-15, 02:36 PM
Well, on one hand that's sad, because seeing more content for this game would be fun, on the other I'm really glad that someone else is trying to do stuff with it too!

Vertharrad
2016-07-16, 06:04 PM
Well someone (https://forum.rpg.net/showthread.php?352893-MCWoD-New-Splats) started on a Players Companion...but didn't finish.

Pyromancer999
2016-07-16, 08:08 PM
This would probably be better for the Other Systems subforum, as it is not based on D&D 3rd edition or Pathfinder.

That said, there is a homebrew supplement for Dragons, created by One Tin Soldier:

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?404998-nWoD-fansplat-Dragon-the-Inheritance

I'm not an expert on the system, but looks good to me.

RedWarlock
2016-07-16, 08:28 PM
This would probably be better for the Other Systems subforum, as it is not based on D&D 3rd edition or Pathfinder.
Actually, Monte Cook's WoD IS based on 3e, it's a d20-system adaptation of the vague concepts of WoD, except the tone is more like an apocalyptic action/horror movie than the subtle, hidden underworld of main-line WoD.

Vampire, Mage, and Werewolf are presented as 20-level classes. It's been forever since I read it, but it was rather intriguing, if VERY different.

BWR
2016-07-17, 12:04 AM
Actually, Monte Cook's WoD IS based on 3e, it's a d20-system adaptation of the vague concepts of WoD, except the tone is more like an apocalyptic action/horror movie than the subtle, hidden underworld of main-line WoD.

Vampire, Mage, and Werewolf are presented as 20-level classes. It's been forever since I read it, but it was rather intriguing, if VERY different.

"Subtle" is not a word I ever thought I'd hear used to describe WoD.

inuyasha
2016-07-17, 12:49 AM
"Subtle" is not a word I ever thought I'd hear used to describe WoD.

I think they meant subtle in the sense that the general public doesn't know what's going on. Kinda like most of the people in Sunnydale don't know during Buffy. Of course, I could be wrong, I've never even touched a book for any of the storyteller games.