PDA

View Full Version : In what areas/which beast do you find negative levels?

Sornjss Lichdom
2007-07-02, 08:47 PM
well i was wondering were ur most likly to find a person that will kill you with negative lvls. i went through the list and i could only rly think of undead, any other things i should be worryed about, like greater undead or even jsut places ur should be more wary, like a lich's castle. ok hit me.

PaladinBoy
2007-07-02, 08:51 PM
An enemy wizard with enervation could kill you with negative levels, if you give him enough time and/or metamagic.

The Negative Energy Plane also can give you negative levels if you fail a Fort save, IIRC. Any other plane with the major negative-dominant trait will do the same.

Diggorian
2007-07-02, 08:52 PM
Look here (http://www.d20srd.org/), do a search on energy drain in Monsters, handy for searching other abilities too.

Dhavaer
2007-07-02, 08:57 PM
Wights, Spectres and Vampires are big with negative levels.

Sornjss Lichdom
2007-07-02, 09:01 PM
Thanks, but any particular area that u find said wrights vampires etc. mostly in FR

Diggorian
2007-07-02, 09:07 PM
I dont know FR.

Really anyplace the base creature would live (for templates) will do. I'd place them anyplace with a magic or legend steeped history. Alot of these Undead used to be adventures.

Living monsters with this power will be where their environment listing says.

PinkysBrain
2007-07-02, 09:15 PM
Ignoring the 3.0 BoVD prestige class which name eludes me, a NPC with a Life-Drinker would be one of the most dangerous negative level dealing opponents.

Feralgeist
2007-07-02, 09:48 PM
You're thinking of Soul Eater. Pretty good for negative level kills.

Also, a succubus, if she can get the grapple on or charm them

Sornjss Lichdom
2007-07-02, 09:54 PM
oh ya thank you, im also askin this because im DMing a game and i want some nice exotic monsters. these willl do nicely.