PDA

View Full Version : What would you Wish for?

Cauchy
2007-07-02, 09:45 PM
So, one day you're walking back home, and you see a glint coming from a storm drain. Surprised, you go and look and you see a nice-looking man's ring set with three rubies. "What a lucky find!" you think, as you put it on and take it home.

Later on, as you're getting ready for a D&D session, you open your PhB, and notice a funny-looking ring. Could it be... yes... it is... a Ring of Three Wishes!

So... what do you wish for?

http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/wish.htm

Emperor Tippy
2007-07-02, 09:51 PM
25,000 GP 3 times.

50 GP per pound means that I get 500 pounds of gold per wish. Or 1,500 pounds of gold total. Thats 24,000 ounces of gold.

Gold closed today at $657 per ounce.

So I would get $15,768,000 dollars.

The % return on my investment portfolio is just over 11% this year and averages about 10% over the past 5 years.

So I take my new found 15 million and invest it.

PinkysBrain
2007-07-02, 10:01 PM
If you just want money PAOing a block of metal into gold would be far more lucrative.

HidaTsuzua
2007-07-02, 10:03 PM
A candle of invocation. I know how this works!

Emperor Tippy
2007-07-02, 10:04 PM
If you just want money PAOing a block of metal into gold would be far more lucrative.
PAO can't create materials of great intrinsic value, such as gold.

PinkysBrain
2007-07-02, 10:07 PM
Oops ... oh well, best save one for a clone anyway ;)

Dawgas
2007-07-02, 10:11 PM
A ring of three wishes. Wash, rinse, repeat, then after, say, a few thousand, cash them in for ability scores/moneys/magic equipment... or just keep on going :P

Gralamin
2007-07-02, 10:15 PM
Odins Ring.
Its a magical item that splits into 7 other rings. each of them are worth 1,000,000 gold pieces.
I think I can live comfortably with that.

TheLogman
2007-07-02, 10:21 PM
Wish 1: That new rules would be set in place that make jerkery limited on the internet. These rules would include, but not be limited to: People not being aloud to exaggerate their real-world stats or class, to claim total superiority to others, namecalling, insulting any particular person, game system, book, movie, TV series, state of mind, ect. Special conditions would be made to allow for polite criticizing, but only of intellectual work. Blatant insulting will not be tolerated.

Wish 2: +1 bonus to Intelligence (To help me through High School, College, and maybe even Law School)

Wish 3: That my Warcraft II, Tides of Darkness Cd would install and work on my computer, so that I could finally test all the Maps I want to create and Edit.

Nothing great, no riches, no power. I'm a simple guy.

Oh Jeez thought this was in General, sorry everyone.

Wish 1: Ring of Three Wishes

Wish 2: Contingency for undoing misfortune

Wish 3: The Staff of Ilithids (Or Whatever) (Psionic Handbook) It is kick awesome power, and I have always loved Mind Flayers. It would help me crush groups of powerful young people that set aside their differences, and would let me bring Mind Flayers to kill the surface dwellers, for a NEW AGE!

Emperor Tippy
2007-07-02, 10:24 PM
Hmm.

Yeah I'll give up 1 wishes worth of money to make every idiot in the world evaporate instantly.

There goes all overcrowding concerns.

Kizara
2007-07-02, 10:34 PM
You need to put in your OP things like "you cant wish for/get more wishes".

1) The ability to use a Vampire's Dominate Person ability, as written in their entry.

2) The winning numbers to the 2 largest lottos I have access too. 2 is stupidly lucky, more then that and they'd never believe you didn't somehow cheat.

3) Kept for an emergency, in case I ever needed to duplicate a lvl 7-8 spell of some variety.

Cruiser1
2007-07-02, 10:36 PM
If you're still young, wishing for 3 intrinsic Intelligence bonuses might help you earn more money over your lifetime than if you just take a lump sum of 75000 gold right away. An extra +3 INT of course has other advantages too.

Since a Wish can duplicate spells, you can basically cast three spells in the real world. There's a lot of good you can do with that, that's worth more than a mere 15 million. For example, cast Scry to find the location of Osama Bin Laden, then cast Greater Teleport to jump to his location with a bunch of friends, grab him, then cast Greater Teleport to jump to CNN headquarters. Have fun explaining to the media and government how you managed to catch him. :smallwink:

Creating magic items would be a very interesting choice, since it could prove to the scientific world that magic exists. However since wishing for magic items takes extra XP from you, that might be hazardous. How much XP do I have in the real world to spare?

Personally, my biggest issue would be not what to Wish for, but how did a working D&D magical item get into the real world in the first place? I'd be more inclined to Scry or whatever to find out where the ring came from, and if it's possible to find any more rings or other magical items. For example, if a portal has been opened to a D&D plane, that may be a serious national security issue, especially if there's invisible Balors or whatever walking around accidentally dropping magic rings down drainpipes. :smallwink:

Yechezkiel
2007-07-02, 10:40 PM
I'd Wish to know the rules of THIS game (real life) IC.

I'd Wish away propriety.

The third would probably be to bail me out of one of the first two.

Kyace
2007-07-02, 10:45 PM
25,000 GP 3 times.

50 GP per pound means that I get 500 pounds of gold per wish. Or 1,500 pounds of gold total. Thats 24,000 ounces of gold.

The % return on my investment portfolio is just over 11% this year and averages about 10% over the past 5 years.

So I take my new found 15 million and invest it.
Have fun explaining that 15 mill to the IRS. :P

I'm sure someone with money might be willing to pay more than 5 million to raise a dead friend/family member.

Or maybe a demand (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/demand.htm) to Bill Gates (or whichever rich person you pefer) suggesting that he gives you all his money/stocks/bonds/whatever.

Want power?
Wish 1: Symbol of Persuasion.
Wish 2: Permanency.
Take a trip to Washington.
???
Win.

The_Werebear
2007-07-02, 10:57 PM
Hrmm

1- I would wish to inherit rulership of Saudi Arabia through a byzantine, but unquestionable legal loophole.

2- I would wish for a Permanent Contingent Gate(Set to Solar) whenever someone with serious intent to harm or kill me enters within 2 miles of my location.

3- I would wish that the oil of my new domain will not run out until at least 200 years after my death.

Damionte
2007-07-02, 11:16 PM
I'd wish to win the itnerstate lottery this week. Then I'd save the other two wishes for a rainy day.

Maybe spending a wish to get the body back that I had at 21. Man was I "hawt!" now a days I have to settle for simply "dead sexy!"

Quietus
2007-07-02, 11:26 PM
Save'em, then win a giant lottery. Sit on the other two for a rainy day, or for when the world goes to pot - I can be a little altruistic.

I'd wish that I were able to make things from my imagination real, but that'd cause just as much harm as good.

asqwasqw
2007-07-03, 12:02 AM
Hmm.

Yeah I'll give up 1 wishes worth of money to make every idiot in the world evaporate instantly.

There goes all overcrowding concerns.

What happens if you evaporate? All in jest, of course.

"If you're still young, wishing for 3 intrinsic Intelligence bonuses might help you earn more money over your lifetime than if you just take a lump sum of 75000 gold right away. An extra +3 INT of course has other advantages too."

Int /= wealth.

I wish, I wish for another fish!

Emperor Tippy
2007-07-03, 12:22 AM
What happens if you evaporate? All in jest, of course.

"I wish for everyone that I would term an idiot to evaporate into thin air" :smallwink:

That better?

Dervag
2007-07-03, 12:25 AM
I would definitely reserve one or possibly two of them.

My first wish would probably be for the ability to read people better. I'm not talking superhuman powers here; I don't want mind control or anything like it because I'd never be able to look myself in the mirror if I were doing that kind of thing to people. It's not decent.

But reading people is definitely one of my weaker suits, and I think I'd be a much happier person if I were better at perceiving people's emotions and knowing how not to make a stressful situation worse.

So I guess you could say I'd wish for Charisma or Wisdom; I'm not sure which.

If I had to cast the wish in terms that make sense in the rules of D&D, I would probably wish for wisdom.

If you're still young, wishing for 3 intrinsic Intelligence bonuses might help you earn more money over your lifetime than if you just take a lump sum of 75000 gold right away. An extra +3 INT of course has other advantages too.Gold is really valuable; and that is three quarters of a ton of gold right there.

"I wish for everyone that I would term an idiot to evaporate into thin air" :smallwink:

That better?Are you sure you've never said anything along the lines of "I'm an idiot?"

I don't know about you, but I would not make any wishes that had even a remote chance of causing me to blink out of existence due to an incautious statement on my own part.

Anxe
2007-07-03, 12:30 AM
25,000 GP 3 times.

So I take my new found 15 million and invest it.Only 11%? Are you just buying Nasdaq?

Well my munchkiny wishes would be 2 rings. One of +5 to Str and the other +5 to Cha. Final wish would be for the 5000 XP from it to go to me, gain 2 and a half levels.

My reality wishes would be for a wife that would love me forever. As many children as we wanted. And a house that we would never have to move out of.

Gralamin
2007-07-03, 12:34 AM
Well From more sane, I'd wish for an efreeti who I've captured.
I'd then put away the ring for a rainy day, and talk business with the Efreeti. I'd tell him that I'll let him have whatever he wants for a wish, provided it's in reason, in exchange for my rude summoning.
My two wishes from here would be simple
I wish for an Item that allows me to cast Detect Thoughts, Locate Object, Greater Scrying, and Moment of Prensience. I would then wish that my Lottery ticket was this weeks winning ticket for the same lottery, and I'd let him have what he wanted.

With that ring, I should be safe for a long time.

Emperor Tippy
2007-07-03, 12:36 AM
Are you sure you've never said anything along the lines of "I'm an idiot?"

I don't know about you, but I would not make any wishes that had even a remote chance of causing me to blink out of existence due to an incautious statement on my own part.

I have called my self an idiot. I've also called pretty much everyone I know an idiot at one point or another. That doesn't mean that I consider them or myself to be an idiot.

Only 11%? Are you just buying Nasdaq?

No. I'm 18 and still learning. I took a hit on some currency trading about a week back and that cost me about 2%.

So long as I show a profit and it keeps going up I'm not to worried.

Anxe
2007-07-03, 12:40 AM
I have called my self an idiot. I've also called pretty much everyone I know an idiot at one point or another. That doesn't mean that I consider them or myself to be an idiot.

No. I'm 18 and still learning. I took a hit on some currency trading about a week back and that cost me about 2%.

So long as I show a profit and it keeps going up I'm not to worried.

Oh. Well then my advice to you is to buy Apple. The affect of the I-phone still hasn't come around yet.

On a side note, I get to gloat that I'm 16 and got a 100% return this year, my first year of trading ever.

terror_drone
2007-07-03, 12:45 AM
1) Deific Rank 0

I win.

Alleine
2007-07-03, 12:45 AM
*obligatory pony wish*

Hmm, thats pretty tough really. I have no idea what I'd wish for. Sure, everyone wishes for money, or smarts, but what might that do to you? Thinking practically, I'd probably just keep the ring until I had something impossible to deal with.

Emperor Tippy
2007-07-03, 12:56 AM
Oh. Well then my advice to you is to buy Apple. The affect of the I-phone still hasn't come around yet.

I already have a ton. Plan on dumping it wensdayish. Before everyone starts learning about all the bugs that you know will be in the iPhone.

On a side note, I get to gloat that I'm 16 and got a 100% return this year, my first year of trading ever.

My first year was the year Google came out. 800% return on those shares (and I got a lot of them). I sold them and turned the dollars into Euros, which gained 8 cents on the dollar in a month.

That was a very good year.

Setra
2007-07-03, 01:01 AM
Wish one

Use it to replicate PAO to shift me into an ideal body.

Wish two

Symbol of Persuasion

Wish three

Permanancy

Thanks to Kyace for the idea of the last two :smalltongue:

Tor the Fallen
2007-07-03, 01:03 AM
PAO can't create materials of great intrinsic value, such as gold.

In that case, my first wish is for a fully functioning radiation suit, the second is for a way to sell several thousand cubic feet of weapons grade plutonium at market price, and my third is PAO lead to weapons grade plutonium.

Callos_DeTerran
2007-07-03, 01:03 AM
Since a Wish can duplicate spells, you can basically cast three spells in the real world. There's a lot of good you can do with that, that's worth more than a mere 15 million. For example, cast Scry to find the location of Osama Bin Laden, then cast Greater Teleport to jump to his location with a bunch of friends, grab him, then cast Greater Teleport to jump to CNN headquarters. Have fun explaining to the media and government how you managed to catch him. :smallwink:

Or theres a lot of evil you can do! (And I do so deliciously love evil. :smallwink: )

Wish One: I wish a minor artifact to appear in front of me in a situation that will not result in it harming me or itself.

Wish Two: I wish for an Apoclypse from the Sky spell with a CL of 40

Wish Three: I wish a portal to the Far Realm would open above Australia and remain open until such a time as there is no longer a difference between my plane of reality and said Far Realm and that it will not 'eventually be able to revert back if the portal closes'.

...And I wonder why my friends fear the day I get political power. <.<

EDIT: Or for a sensible pony wish...

Wish One: I wish I had a pony.

Wish Two: I wish the pony will regenerate any amount of mass cut away from it in a day, with out the original removed mass disappearing.

Wish Three: I wish the pony was made of gold!

Anxe
2007-07-03, 01:11 AM
My first year was the year Google came out. 800% return on those shares (and I got a lot of them). I sold them and turned the dollars into Euros, which gained 8 cents on the dollar in a month.

That was a very good year.

AHAHAAHA! Google is awesome! I don't do currency trading myself. Too much actual knowledge needed. Macroeconomics is confusing. Right now the boom stock is Research in Motion. I bought it last week and soared 30% on Friday and the weekend.

Emperor Tippy
2007-07-03, 01:16 AM
AHAHAAHA! Google is awesome! I don't do currency trading myself. Too much actual knowledge needed. Macroeconomics is confusing. Right now the boom stock is Research in Motion. I bought it last week and soared 30% on Friday and the weekend.

I dumped them during the whole patent case. Manged to make a nice return (it's stop price rose and fell an outrageous amount in a very short time during that case).

If I can keep up my current returns for another 7 years I will be able to retire at 25.

AtomicKitKat
2007-07-03, 01:23 AM
Wasn't the bounty on Osama somewhere around US$20 million? That would be worth more than the 15 for the gold.

Wish 1: I can duplicate myself at will, and reabsorb the duplicates(ie, Multiple Man (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jamie_Madrox)'s powers)

Wish 2: Mystique (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mystique_%28comics%29)'s powers. Seriously.

Wish 3: The "photographic muscle memory" power of that guy that trains H.Y.D.R.A agents. He can basically duplicate any physical feat after seeing it just once.

Edit: Found him (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taskmaster).

Aquillion
2007-07-03, 03:39 AM
A candle of invocation. I know how this works!

A ring of three wishes. Wash, rinse, repeat, then after, say, a few thousand, cash them in for ability scores/moneys/magic equipment... or just keep on going :P
These don't work. While Wish can create magic items, the rules state:

When a wish creates or improves a magic item, you must pay twice the normal XP cost for crafting or improving the item, plus an additional 5,000 XP.While the rules for magic items state that an item's cost will include any XP costs required for the spells it can cast. The XP cost listed for creating a Ring of Three Wishes doesn't cover anything beyond the basic 5000, so it is unlikely that it can create any magic items that require XP costs to create (i.e. any at all), or produce any spell-effects that would cost you more than 5000 xp.

The candle of invocation trick works because something else is casting the Wish spell, not the candle itself. It doesn't work with a ring (not even to get it started by asking for a candle.)

On the other hand, note that Wish covers the cost of any spell with a material component costing 10,000 gp or less, so if you want to use one of your wishes for a Resurrection, you can do so without paying anything else.

...another provision worth considering is the "transport travelers" clause. This can take you anywhere instantly, on any plane, and since it is within Wish's 'normal' effects, your wish won't get twisted the way many of the other ideas here might be. You could just wish to be taken someplace safe and secure where you will be taught all the secrets of arcane magic at no cost to yourself and with nothing that you would consider an unexpected drawback, or you could wish to be taken to a plane exactly like your current one in all respects, except that by being there you, personally, have all the powers of a deity.

...or, come to think of it. Spend your first wish to be teleported to the location of at least two unowned and unattended rings of three wishes, which you can take without danger to yourself or any later drawbacks. Lather, rinse, repeat (subject to the number of pairs of unowned and unattended rings of three wishes present in all of the planes.) You could use this to get a candle of invocation instead, if you want to play it a bit safer... there's probably at least one forgotten candle somewhere you can get.

LotharBot
2007-07-03, 04:00 AM
Spend your first wish to be teleported to the location of at least two unowned and unattended rings of three wishes, which you can take without danger to yourself or any later drawbacks. Lather, rinse, repeat (subject to the number of pairs of unowned and unattended rings of three wishes present in all of the planes.)

Subject to the number of unowned, unattended, and SAFE FOR YOU TO PICK UP rings. Which might not be very many. Might not be any, unless you first wish yourself water breathing (at least.)

Perhaps that would be a smooth LAST wish, though, after wishing yourself some buffs (maybe intrinsic ability to go without breathing?)

-----

I think I'd use a wish on a luckstone. +1 bonus to all skill checks, ability checks, and saves. Doesn't actually make you stronger or smarter or healthier, but it has the same practical effect. If I could combine two wishes to get 50k worth of items, I might get a luckstone and one of those +1 competence ioun stones, 50k total gold worth and the equivalent of a +2 bonus on everything (well, only +1 to attack.)

lukelightning
2007-07-03, 07:10 AM
Why do you need oil when you could have a Solar-powered car?

Hrmm

1- I would wish to inherit rulership of Saudi Arabia through a byzantine, but unquestionable legal loophole.

2- I would wish for a Permanent Contingent Gate(Set to Solar) whenever someone with serious intent to harm or kill me enters within 2 miles of my location.

3- I would wish that the oil of my new domain will not run out until at least 200 years after my death.

lukelightning
2007-07-03, 07:11 AM
Wasn't the bounty on Osama somewhere around US$20 million? That would be worth more than the 15 for the gold.

Capturing Osama would make you the target of crazy psycho assassins.

Rama_Lei
2007-07-03, 07:16 AM
1. Something Personal
2. Something Altruistic
3. Reversing the damages caused by the first two wishes.

ZeroNumerous
2007-07-03, 07:48 AM
Wish #1: I wish that no wishes can be granted, have been granted, or will be granted.

My second and third wish don't exist, as I have now created a magical paradox.

AtomicKitKat
2007-07-03, 08:53 AM
Capturing Osama would make you the target of crazy psycho assassins.

I probably wouldn't have bothered teleporting to Osama. Instead, I would scry, teleport Osama to me, and use the third wish for Mystique's powers, so that I can break up the reward to multiple bank accounts, and become essentially untraceable. Alternatively, I would use the Mystique wish first, so he can't even identify the right person who captured him. But that's less fun than my actual list(see above).

The_Werebear
2007-07-03, 09:17 AM
Why do you need oil when you could have a Solar-powered car?

If I could sell lots of oil at reasonable prices, Solar cars wouldn't matter, as people will tend towards the easiest solution, ie, cheap oil.

technomancer
2007-07-03, 09:46 AM
I think it would be much easier to hide the source of the money by getting something that sells for 5 million dollars rather than 5 million dollars worth of gold. Oh look, I went skin diving in florida and found this emerald necklace from a sunken spanish treasure ship...

5 million dollars would be more than enough for me, so I'd only use one wish on wealth. After that, I'd probably keep the two extra wishes as a 'just in case' scenario. If I could get magic items out of it (up to 15k gp in value, as many houserules seem to suggest), I would take a Ring of Feather Falling (and go skydiving all the time), and maybe a Heward's Handy Haversack, because I love being well-prepared (I have a very stuffed backpack).

Nad
2007-07-03, 10:39 AM
1. Soundtrack to my life that only I can hear with the ability to mute it
2. My own character sheet to see my stats and watch my progression
3. Cubic gate

Lavidor
2007-07-03, 11:19 AM
Step 1 (Ring Wish): Be taught all the secrets of arcane magic, with no drawback, inability of use, mental or health penalty. (Equivalent to 50th level wizard spellcasting).
Step 2 (Ring Wish): World peace on Earth, with no penalty to self-defence.
Step 3 (Ring Wish): As many XP as I can wish for, with no drawback, inability of use, mental or health penalty.
Step 4 (Cast Wish): An "idiot-deterant" ie: wondrous item which stops anyone I deem an idiot from entering a 1 mile radius around me.
Step 5: Research a spell that lets me go to a D&D style world so that I can go earn XP.
Step 6: Go earn XP.
Step 7 (Cast Wish): For every natural suply to be inexhaustible, with no drawback, inability of use, mental or health penalty.
Step 8: Cast Mordenkaine's Magnificent Mansion and Permanency.

Bliss in 8 steps!

BelFire
2007-07-03, 11:26 AM
(1) I'm digging the Vampires Dominance ability as stated by another fellow,
But I think higher then that I would want to have the Possesion ability of a 40 HD (20 if I have too) Demon. It would place my body in stasis and I'd probably travel the world as a "Ghost" for a while. Plus, why make money when other people are happy to give it too you while you cruise around in their fleshsuit?
(2) Hmmmm....nope still just need Demonic Possesion.......lol
(3) I'm sure something would go horribly wrong so I'll stick to my brothers on this page, save to fix issues.

puppyavenger
2007-07-03, 12:04 PM
1. complete knoledge and control of the spacetime and everything in it
2. complete control and knoledge of everything outside the space timme
3. the ability to never get bored.

yep that should cover it:smallsmile:

lukelightning
2007-07-03, 12:09 PM
Whatever you do, don't wish for a 12 inch pianist. Your pants won't fit you afterwards.

Renx
2007-07-03, 12:20 PM
1) The ability to instantly and safely teleport myself and/or any amount of mass unchanged in any place I can detect or know it's there or am aware of.

2) The ability to be aware of and monitor safely any place I know/can reason out exists.

3a) The passive ability to comfortably and quickly heal, including but not limited to any damage I might suffer (including regenerating lost limbs and curing any disease) and to prevent indefinitely the erosion of cells and the decline of the human body.

3b) (alternate) Eternal good health, including but not limited to whatever I said in 3a.

Okay, so now I live forever comfortably, I can find out pretty much anything and go anywhere and take anything anywhere. Do you have any idea how much I can make just by transporting stuff around?

Emperor Tippy
2007-07-03, 12:33 PM
You all realize that the wish spell has listed constraints, correct?

Renx
2007-07-03, 12:40 PM
You all realize that the wish spell has listed constraints, correct?

Details schmetails.

Telonius
2007-07-03, 12:46 PM
1. "Remove Affliction" on myself, to get rid of my tinnitis.
2 & 3 - 50,000 gp worth of nonmagical, tax-deductible, items.

LotharBot
2007-07-03, 03:47 PM
I've rethought my previous wishes.

Wish #1 and 2: Add 5000 XP worth of Cleric levels to my commoner / expert levels. (I would specify the deity in the wish.) Do the same for my wife, but with wizard levels. This should be at least one level, since I seriously doubt either of us is level 5 yet. Now we have access to magical healing and lots of other nifty stuff.

Wish #3: the following magical items:
Lesser strand of prayer beads: 9,600 gp (allows me to cast cure serious wounds or remove disease or remove blindness/deafness, and bless. I'd probably start by healing my dad, and then go hang out in the cancer ward or become a missionary to Africa or something.) Phylactery of Faithfulness x2: 2,000 gp (keeps us in good standing with the aforementioned deity.) Rings of sustenance x2: 5,000 gp (no longer need to eat, and can take just short naps each day.) Headband of INT+2 for her, Periapt of WIS+2 for me: 8,000 gp. And 400 gp worth of diamonds (about $80,000 if a previous poster was correct in his calculations.)

Within the bounds of what you can normally get from Wish, I think this is about the best I can do. Caster level 1 is a huge thing, and 1/day magic healing from a strand of prayer beads is about the best thing I can do for the world at large. If I wasn't allowed to use a wish for my wife, I'd instead get a luckstone (+1 on all checks, which is a VERY significant bonus -- the equivalent of years of training in every sport, every academic field, and so on) and use some of the remaining gold on something like a Decanter of Endless Water and then I'd become a missionary to some drought-stricken part of Africa.

PlasticSoldier
2007-07-23, 09:29 PM
1) I wish to have all the abilities and meet all the prerequisites of a demilich.

2) I wish i still had all the abilities of a normal human.

3) Permanent symbol of persuasion.

I would then go conquer the world and then the universe.

Zel
2007-07-23, 09:42 PM
1) I wish I had the ability to recreate my reality in any way that I see fit, unless it violates my ability/desire to have a coherent world that I am unable to mess up to the point in which it becomes no fun.

2) A menagire of eternally youthful, beautiful women in cages that pander to my every desire.

3) Save for later use

Cybren
2007-07-23, 09:51 PM
Wish one; a magical item that gives me as high a bonus to UMD as I can get.
Wish two; A scroll of shapechange
Wish three; a scroll of dominate monster

damn i need more to get to pun-pun

Raiser Blade
2007-07-23, 09:54 PM
wish 1: wish for the powers of molecule man
wish 2: wish for the powers of the flash
wish 3: wish for the power to travel through time

All set i can create any thing i want and move faster than the average human can think
not to mention i can go back in time to fix my mistakes all two of them:smallamused:

Deepblue706
2007-07-23, 09:57 PM
Wish One: That all wishes made before mine are retroactively undone.

Wish Two: That I was the world's Rock Paper Scissors Champion.

Wish Three: That nobody can ever have another wish granted again.

Cybren
2007-07-23, 09:58 PM
Wish One: That all wishes made before mine are retroactively undone.

Wish Two: That I was the world's Rock Paper Scissors Champion.

Wish Three: That nobody can ever have another wish granted again.

Those will come with great cost considering that they're beyond the parameters of the spell.

Prince_of_Blades
2007-07-23, 09:59 PM
1.) I wish the following wish would come true.

2.) I wish the previous wish would not come true.

The third wish would be saved for emergency situations, such as repairing the time-stream if something went wrong, like some kind of magical paradox causing the destruction of the universe.

But what are the odds of that? :biggrin:

Deepblue706
2007-07-23, 10:05 PM
Those will come with great cost considering that they're beyond the parameters of the spell.

Your mother.

Zarrexaij
2007-07-23, 10:08 PM
If I was a player, and I wanted to be a butthead:

I'd say "I'd wish all these bloody things were dead" in an intense fight, especially if my character didn't realize the sometimes very unfortunate consequences of a Wish.

I read that as on a Last Words list and I've been tittering over it ever since.

Then I'd wish them back to life, and save the other, and probably use it up in a similar fashion and scenario as one.

Cybren
2007-07-23, 10:08 PM
Okay, revised plan for attaining (nigh)infinite power:

1) Presupposing that given I have a Dungeons and Dragons item, I should be able to find a Dungeons and Dragons Campaign Setting, I cast Plane Shift to go to Toril
2) 25,000 GP
3) 25,000 GP

I buy an item that boosts UMD, and many, many scrolls of shape-change and dominate monster.

Belteshazzar
2007-07-23, 10:45 PM
1. A stable Planar Gate to Ebberon

2. As many Kobold eggs as I can wish for.

3. Reserve last wish in case something goes wrong with my interplanar conquest through the superior firepower of loyal imprinted Kobold Commandos with modern tech.

Stormzen
2007-07-23, 11:32 PM
1. The knowledge of how to create more rings.

2. An endless supply of materials and tools to make said rings.

3. That I could create items without expending XP.

Then I would have all the wishes I would want. I know these are outside the parameters of the spell, but I'm too lazy to go and get my PHB.

bugsysservant
2007-07-23, 11:40 PM
Step one: Wait till WoTC revises D&D and stops completely ruining the Wish spell.

Step two: Post a topics on various gamer forums asking about an undeniably legal way to get infinite wishes using only a ring of three wishes.

Step Three: use said wishes.

But if I had to use the wishes now, I would just wish for a widened, permanent symbol of persuasion cast at a CL as high as the wish spell will permit by a wizard with an intelligence as high as the spell will permit. Since I'm using all three wishes the saving throw and duration should be incredible, pretty much unbeatable by normal humans. I then walk into crowded places (think times square at new years) and ask that they give their good buddy some money. After a few times I will be rich beyond imagining, at which point I can walk into the US senate/house of reps. and have them make me king. Or I can gain access to the UN building and have them make me the leader of the world. Any country that objects can send a team of diplomats to discuss the terms in person with me. I can then fulfill a paranoid life of happiness and wealth for the rest of my days. And since I would be the ruler of the world, I can declare an end to war/poverty/famine at my whims, doing far more good than any other use of the ring I have heard so far.

ClericofPhwarrr
2007-07-24, 12:32 AM
1) Instantaneously learn the correct knowledge of every way to abuse the Wish spell for maximum gain, with no harm to myself or others.
2, 3) Use said knowledge.

Admittedly, the Wizards OP boards could give you the same result without expending a wish, but this way you'd know that there wasn't a hidden catch. The first wish isn't terribly unreasonable in and of itself, either.

Quietus
2007-07-24, 01:11 AM
I doubt it'd be entirely legal, given the nature of my imagination, but...

1) Wish that I were capable of all the things I imagine.

2) ????

3) Profit!

For a little while, the walls in my house would have to watch out for ki blasts. Beyond that, I'd be slightly faster, slightly stronger, the equivalent of full BAB, and effectively have DR 10/magic. Probably use Wish #2 to become half-dragon.

After I've accepted that I am the epitome of cool in my own head, I would head out and start fixing things - that might actually be a good third wish. The ability to see the repercussions of my actions for as far into the future as the wish will allow.

CockroachTeaParty
2007-07-24, 01:54 AM
Wish #1: The box I lost during my move a few months ago would appear next to me, with all of its contents intact.

Wish #2: The ability to teleport wherever I so desired.

Wish #3: The creation of a helmet that when donned, would display to anyone I chose exactly what was going through my imagination, so I could finally show someone what goes on inside my brain while I listen to music.

Bosh
2007-07-24, 01:54 AM
Permanency and Tongues. Being a universal translator would be damn cool.
Save the last for a pinch...

ClericofPhwarrr
2007-07-24, 01:56 AM
Permanency and Tongues. Being a universal translator would be damn cool.
Save the last for a pinch...

That initially appealed to me, but putting all my years of Spanish education to waste would make me cry deep inside. :smallwink:

Bosh
2007-07-24, 02:03 AM
Hmmm, no wait, wait until I'm a level 7 expert/commoner and Polymorph Any Object myself into a freaking silver dragon wrymling. They have alternate form so I could still look like myself and it'd last forever (so I could live a damn long time) and I'd be a freaking dragon.

Randel
2007-07-24, 04:00 AM
Step 1: Wish for the minor artifact Everfull Purse and a single gold piece (If the DM doesn't let you get gold with it then go buy a gold piece somewhere).

Step 2: Place gold piece in everfull purse and get 25 in the morning. If these new gold pieces look different than the one put in then try melting them down or something before selling the gold to avoid questions.

Step 3: repeat step 2 while reading through all the DnD books like Spell Compenium and Ebberron campaign Setting for more ideas.

Step 4: Once a sizable amount of gold is collected, write up a character sheet for a Warforged character of some kind and Wish yourself placed into the Ebbereon campaign setting along with your Everfull Purse, the gold you collected, and all the Source Material you can carry.

Step 5: Now that you are in a world where you have practically all the time in the world, an easy source of infinite money that you can spend relatively easily, the actual books that tell you what to expect in this life, and the potential to advance in power to extents no mortal on Earth could hope for... find a party of adventurers you can live with and help them kill stuff for XP. Preferably taking ranks in Wizard while you go (feel free to multiclass to avoid death).

Step 6: Keep the last Wish in reserve in case you have some in-DnD reason to use it, or Wish yourself back home. Note that you may not want to be flouting your Everfull purse and ring of wishes around too much.

Step 8: Once you are powerful enough to cast Plane Shift, feel free to check and see how Earth is doing.

Step 7: ???

Step 8: Profit!

Guinaur
2007-07-24, 05:03 AM
Step 1: Cast Darkvision with the Ring

Step 2: Cast Permanency with the Ring

Step 3: Look for a nice pet (Or go to a park here in south africa and find a lion) and cast Awaken on it from the Ring.

The darkness will forever be my friend (hehe)... ^_^

Tokiko Mima
2007-07-24, 05:24 AM
Who needs 3 wishes? "I wish I was omnipotent." There, now you don't need the ring anymore. Let someone else use the last two wishes if they like.

Roderick_BR
2007-07-24, 06:25 AM

That better?
And remember to never say "damn, I'm such an idiot..."

Hmmm.. 3 wishes...
1) Maybe get hid of some physical, mental, psychological flaws (Fix some bad teeth, get a better body, get hid of some old traumas, and get hit of my incapacitating shyness). Yes, I'm that vain.
2) Ask to gain the knowledge to how to legally and morally earn enough money to get rich during the next 10 years.
3) Ask to gain the knowledge to how to legally and morally fix most of earth's problems, during the next 10 or so generations, and write it all down, and send copies to every place, so governs wouldn't be able to hide it.

Eldritch_Ent
2007-07-24, 07:34 AM
Okay guys, since this is a ring of three wishes and not an Aladdin's Lamp or something, I'm pretty sure these were meant to be within the constraints of an actual "Wish" spell as listed in the PHB. (Plus I'm having a bit of a giggle imagining the "Perversions" of all the impossible/lame wishes.)

I wouldn't wish for a Candle of Evocation or an Efreeti or the like- I doubt I could make the neccesary checks and rolls to keep it from breaking free and slaying me on the spot. O_o

Immortality/ultimate power is right out.

More wishes would cost me more XP than I'd have, since it's 5000 each spell emulated. :( I'd be losing levels (and con points) faster than I would dying and coming back, I'd think. (Especially with "Wish" being a mean sucker.)

Some viable choices might be-

For Expansionists-
1: Transport to some uninhabited-yet-habitable sub plane.
2: (quickly) wish for a "Genesis" spell to be implemented.
3: Wish for a Permanent Gate between the developing plane and, say, above the Bermuda Triangle. :D

For Escapists-
1: Take up bids from various Media Corporations saying you'll open up a permanent gate between that world, and a location of the media Corporation's choice- to the highest bidder. Sure it'll probably end up going to Pokeworld or Disneyland or something, but you'll make way more than 15 million dollars doing so, most likely. (Or just offer it to whatever corporation owns the TV show or Comic Book Series or such you like most.)

Now since you're probably filthy rich, find out what the exchange rate is on the other side, and retire there if you like, saving the other two wishes for emergencies. Some good ideas are-

*:Polymorph Any Object yourself into some powerful or notable thing from said series, like Mewtwo or Mickey Mouse or something. (Make sure to get a Duration factor of 9! ) Sure you don't get all the powers, but at least you'll *look* the part.
*:Barring that, ask for all of your current levels to be replaced with a single level of Sorceror. I'd allow it as a DM, but not sure if this would work with an actual ring. (If it does, level-grind to 20 and get yourself the actual Wish spell! Shapechange makes a great 2nd spell.)

For the Min-maxer-
Or, if wishing for XP is allowed, use all three wishes to gain 15000 XP points in Sorceror. (NOT wizard- you don't want to be cheated out of new spells by the fact you can't research the things.), then proceed to enjoy your 3rd level spellcasting... Assuming your CHA is high enough. You remembered not to make it your dump stat, right? :smallamused: If you did, wish for a mere 5000 xp in Sorceror, 5000 in Cleric for someone else (So they can kill and Raise Dead you so you can ditch your levels in Commoner and Expert) and a +1 Charisma bonus.

Or just use it to cast some 8-or-less spells that have a permanent or instant duration. I'm not sure. Is wishing for XP even allowed? :smallconfused:

Wraithy
2007-07-24, 08:24 AM
Have fun explaining that 15 mill to the IRS. :P

you could come to the UK, and have the money in an account of your significant other who lives overseas. damn you labour and your love of money!

as for my own wishes:
1 - mage hand on something unimportant
2 - prestigidation
3 - permenancy

olaf
2007-07-24, 08:33 AM
My reality wishes would be for a wife that would love me forever. As many children as we wanted. And a house that we would never have to move out of.

Ahh ... you left a loop hole on that first one ... what if you don't love her forever?

A couple of years ago I saw a hilarious student film based on just this premise: guy gets a wish (from a monster in his closet for the price of a human life) and wishes for a girlfriend who will love him forever. However, after a couple of months he gets annoyed with her and dumps her. But she never stops loving him and goes all stalker crazy on him.

The movie's climax involves the great line "I AM YOUR GOD, B*TCH!!" and the girl (who was created by a wish) chucking the guy into the monster's closet and making her own wish.

Ahh ... good times.

LotharBot
2007-07-24, 02:06 PM
if wishing for XP is allowed, use all three wishes to gain 15000 XP points in Sorceror.

If you have a high enough WIS score, IMO, cleric is MUCH more useful than the arcane classes at very low levels in real life. Add a prayer bead that lets you cure disease, and maybe a few pearls of power to let you cast extra CLW spells, and you become a miracle healer. Your friend who's dying of cancer? He'll be fine. Your grandma's arthritis? Gone. Your newborn who's underweight and barely hanging on? You can be sure to see her grow up.

That beats "magic missile", "charm person" (makes them friendly, not dominated), and massive wealth any day.

Now, if you can split the 15000 XP between multiple people, having a low-level sorcerer (or wizard with a spellbook) in addition to your low-level cleric would be the win. And if the XP any of you wish for puts you to character level 4, that comes with a free stat boost as a bonus.

Superglucose
2007-07-24, 03:11 PM
Wish one: 25,000 gp worth of gold.
Wish two: +1 Cha (to help get the girl of my dreams)
Wish three: +1 int (to help with sound investing, etc.)

I think 5 million is plenty... even with 5% savings account interest that's somehting like 250,000 a year... very livable. And as for explaining it to the IRS, whatever. I'll let them take whatever they ask, what, 50%? So I only have 2.5 million... that still works out to $125,000 a year. And if you can't live off of $125,000 a year... get a job! I'd probably work for a while at something simple, earning 50k a year for like, ten years, then I'd have another million in the bank, and that would make it $175,000 a year... and that's basic interest off of a savings account i.e. almost 200k a year for absolutley no work!

TimeWizard
2007-07-24, 03:39 PM
1) I wish I met my true love.

2) I wish I was content with all aspects of my life.

3) I wish the world was a place of peace and prosperity.

Not a wish wasted, I think.

Collin152
2007-07-24, 03:58 PM
I would definitely reserve one or possibly two of them.

My first wish would probably be for the ability to read people better. I'm not talking superhuman powers here; I don't want mind control or anything like it because I'd never be able to look myself in the mirror if I were doing that kind of thing to people. It's not decent.

But reading people is definitely one of my weaker suits, and I think I'd be a much happier person if I were better at perceiving people's emotions and knowing how not to make a stressful situation worse.

So I guess you could say I'd wish for Charisma or Wisdom; I'm not sure which.

If I had to cast the wish in terms that make sense in the rules of D&D, I would probably wish for wisdom.

Gold is really valuable; and that is three quarters of a ton of gold right there.

Are you sure you've never said anything along the lines of "I'm an idiot?"

So you'd wish for a bonus to Sense Motive?

Luircin
2007-07-24, 05:01 PM
1: Polymorph any Object (self): Very young silver dragon
Same kingdom +5, same size +2, lower intelligence (14 vs. my 15+, if I'm to believe what the tests say) +2 = 9 = permanent

2&3: Keep in reserve until I'm powerful enough to work without a safety net. Then use one for 25,000 gp or to PAO a mate and keep the other in reserve anyways. I'm not stupid.

Use alternate form to fit into polite society, enjoy 1200+ year life, and have fun manipulating humanity.

Just Alex
2007-07-24, 05:16 PM
1) All the powers/abilities of Deadpool
2) All the tools of Deadpool (including the Gwen Stacy clones)
3) Reserved in case I get the looks of Deadpool

I'll take true immortality, teleportation, and an army of hot clones any day.