PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars Miniatures Discussion. [Imperial Assault, X-Wing, Armada]

Beelzebub1111
2016-07-15, 03:42 PM
Since I couldn't find a thread for it, I thought I'd make one

Let's talk about Star Wars miniatures. Builds, Upcomming ships and expansions, Which fleets are the best, and whatever.

My current list looks something like this:
N'Dru Suhlak (z-95 headhunter) (19pts)
-Lone Wolf

Talonbane Cobra (32 pts)
-Cloaking Device
-Stygian Particle Accelerator
-Adaptability (usually +1)

Syndicate Thug (Y-Wing) (24pts)
-BTL-A4
-Ion Cannon
-Unhinged Astromech

Syndicate Thug (Y-Wing) (24pts)
-BTL-A4
-Ion Cannon
-Unhinged Astromech

Before you say anything about Ion, I will defend it in contrast to a Twin Laser Turret. Being able to run ships off the board and onto asteroids is way better than anybody I play with will give credit. Also, Running Miranda off the board is fantastic. I've only used it once before and it worked really well against a ghost/phantom with Miranda.

As for Talonbane the maneuverability and evasion granted by the cloaking device/particle accelerator combo is just beautiful.

Rakaydos
2016-07-17, 10:31 AM
Currently, the meta is being warped by undercosted jumpmaster generics as terrifying torpedo boats.

Of course, the meta builds to counter the meta-warping builds, so the actual most popular lists tend to be Palpatine Shuttle with Agility 3 token stacking aces, Crackshot generic swarms, Torpedoboats+Trando Party Bus (generic YV666 with 3 powerful scum crew, usually from Dengar, Zuckuss, 4lom, Bossk, Boba fett or Greedo), and "Dengaru". (Lone Wolf Dengar with Zuckuss and Overclocked solos the world, with Manaru giving her husband moral support from the sidelines)

There is a distinct lack of major competitive rebel architypes right now- Rebel synergy is too vulnerable to having a ship of enemy choice removed by torpedoboats. Rebel regen doesnt like things being removed before they can heal, BX Swarms can soak the torpedos but get ripped apart by PalpAces.