PDA

View Full Version : You are the Apocalypse: One

Pages : [1] 2

Inevitability
2016-07-16, 03:35 PM
From the book of Expirations, chapter 5, verses 1 to 7:

1 And in the end of days, when the Bull, the Consumer, the Zealot and the Killer cause fear and death, the Purifier will rise. 2 The Purifier will look upon the death and madness, and be distraught, yet it cannot help. 3 It shall save, but brings no safety. 4 It shall heal, but won't restore. 5 It fights fear, but fear fills those who know of it. 6 It is perfection, yet embraces the imperfect. 7 Such is the fate of the Purifier, and such is how it will be regarded.

http://i.imgur.com/ohuGrmJ.jpg

The Silverspire: second-tallest mountain of the continent and named after the veins of silver that run beneath it. None of the lesser races, and barely any living beings at all, have ever reached its summit.

It is on this summit that a beam of light shines down. It exists only for a second, but a second of exposure to pure radiance is enough to melt the snow covering the peak and smooth the underlying stone. When the beam disappears, a translucent glowing figure remains.

For a moment, the figure floats motionless. Then, its head rises and six glowing triangles come into existence behind it.

One can clearly see the lands below. The green fields, the flowing rivers, the town of Silverbark below, the great ocean, the scorching desert with its copper sky... all can be seen from here.

And all must be purified.

http://i.imgur.com/YMvVq6n.png

Don nadie
2016-07-16, 07:17 PM
One came into existence.

It felt both pain and joy. The first becase it felt the separation from the True Divine, the source of all life. The second becase, being separate, One was aware of what it had been. It rose its eyes to the sun in the sky, bright with life-giving energy, with goodness and mercy, and One knew it was only momentarily, that redemption was to come. The True Divine, the Will, redeemed all in the end. One would be rejoined, once the world had been redemed too.

One kneeled to the ground. The stone had been smoothed by some of the light into the shape of a perfect sphere, a perfect shape made of a heavy and tainted material. One grabbed it and embraced it against its chest, feeling the weight of the stone on its arms. That was the weight of this world. The taint which had to be cleansed.

That done, One rose floating a few centimiters from the floor. It rose its hands to the sky in gratitude and adoration, letting the energy of the Will wash upon its body. One transformed the energy into something else, singing a prayer until seven wings of pure light grew on its back. One then flew up and towards the nearest village.

For redemption would start in small places.

Soooo... Aspect of the Celestial to gain 100' flight using Permanent DMM to make it last through the day. I wanna travel to a village!

Inevitability
2016-07-17, 12:59 PM
Carried by celestial wings, One quickly reaches its destination. The village, built somewhere on the mountainous slopes, seems to consist of several large stone buildings (some of them with smoking chimneys), a small square decorated with a statue of a female human, and what seems to be a mineshaft extending into the rock sealable with a large iron door. A rough trail leads down the mountain.

A few people walk around town, carrying baskets or buckets, and it is but a matter of time before one of them will look up and notice the shining being floating above their houses.

Don nadie
2016-07-17, 07:47 PM
One used the sun to hide itself from sight, observing the humans for a few minutes. Its heart was full of compassion at the sight. Those poor, wretched souls. They were stain by illness and decay, by loss and degradation. The children played slowly grinding their joinst, the young flirted and kissed driven by the desires of the body, the old ached. All were sick with material existence. Was it not heartbreaking? Against the sun, One allowed itself to cry and to rejoice, for it was The Will that some of these people be redeemed and some become the messengers of redemption.

One descended.

It did so very slowly, letting the villagers contemplate it from afar, gather arround where it was supposed to land. One was wrapped in its whole glory, shining with a beauty from beyond this world. Like the sun, it radiated the life giving energies of the True Divine. Arround the spirit, little birds and insects flapped closer and closer, their primitive bodies rejoicing in the sensation of being touched by the Will, and then bursted into flashes of pure-white light.

And it was thus that One spoke:

Mankind, rejoyce!

For long you have lived in fear, sin and taint. For long you have forsaken the soul, seeking prosperity. You worshipped gold and land instead of truth and life. You worshiped false idols instead of the True Divine. On this dirt, you sullied your souls fighting for misleading desires. You crawled the dirt like worms and left your immortal souls to rot.

But the Will is merciful and good! The Will is love!

Gaze upon me and know that the time has come for peace and for celebration. Gaze upon me and know that all lies will be stripped bare, that all pride will be brought down. Bring me your limp and they will walk, bring me your deaf and they will hear!

For the Will which is Love has sent me to embrace you...

As it speaks, One moves between the crowd. It pays special attention to the sick and wounded, perhaps extending one finger and letting beams of pure healing light burst towards them. All who see it will be blind and will be joyous. As it speaks, One keeps looking for one specific person. It was one single being with pure heart and clean conscience, one single being to send as messenger of the Will.

Rolling the two skills I think apply here...
Diplomacy [roll0]
Perform (oratory) [roll1]

Inevitability
2016-07-18, 01:18 AM
The townsfolk don't seem afraid of One, and carefully approach until a small crowd has gathered where it will descend. Men, woman, children: even infants are gathered, some of them carrying old or blind people with them. Many voices rise up from the mass.

"I've never seen anything like this!"
"What the... the gods are real?"
"Mommy, is that an angel?"
"Please, oh please help my old mother!"

Then suddenly, the wave of positive energy washes over the mass. Their faces brighten. The blind can see again, the deaf can walk again. Old scars disappear and are replaced by new, clean tissue. The dirt and grime covering many of the villagers is scoured away. A few erupt in song.

Then the glow intensifies, and all burst into pure white light.

The few villagers not directly affected respond differently to this. One makes a run for the mine. Another slowly backs off, but doesn't flee outright. Two more slowly walk towards One, holding hands, and the final villager stands there, his gaze shifting from place to place.

Don nadie
2016-07-18, 03:43 AM
One had joined their song as they erupted, for was it not that every song was a praise to the Will? And so it was soon that One's voice sang alone, for the other men and women and children had been redeemed.

And One smiled, for it was good.

Come to me, children of the Sin, said One inviting. There is only mercy to be expected, there is only Truth to be found. Be free from taint and fear, it added extending two of its arms to the sun. Embrace Eternity.

As it spoke, One glided towards the pair. It's beauty was blinding, for was it not the Will on the earth? It embraced both of them in its arms and kissed their brows as they became One again with the True Divine. Know the Joy and be free, One said. Then, it looked at the two men left. It extended one hand towards the doubtful one, the one who was looking in several directions full of fear. With a perfect smile, One let a ray of light leave its fingers and touch the man, healing his wounds and filling him with the Will. Then it moved towards the other and held its hands, looking at him in the eye. This is it, One whispered. Redemtion has come. Rejoice.

Once all had been redeemed, One turned its gaze towards the mine. One had seen the man run. He was a fearful man, a man scared of redemption. But was it not right to fear, when all he had known was sin? Was it not human to reject at first the Will? Yes, and because it was human, One had chosen that man. He would be the first messenger.

And so it came that One slid through the doors down the mine, passing the walls and the stone as if they were made of clouds. He sought the one who ran, for he would be the first prophet.

Inevitability
2016-07-18, 04:15 AM
The two humans silently transform into light, never letting go of each other. The fearful man, too, bursts into energy.

The final human in the square simply sits down when One approaches him and starts sobbing. As the light and life fill him, the sobs end, and are replaced by a sigh of contentment. Then this man, too, is purified.

As one approaches the doors to the mine, they shut, or rather are shut from within, with a metallic grinding sound. Not hampered by such physical barriers, One simply floats through.

Deeper and deeper the celestial goes. The veins of silver in the walls reflect its light, creating unnatural patterns of radiance. Finally, there is the woman who ran away. She stands at the end of a long shaft, clutching a discarded pick. Upon seeing One, she screams in terror.

"Don't... don't come closer! You killed them! You killed all of them! My husband, my sister, my son... I saw it! I saw you do it!"

I'm assuming you temporarily 'turned off' Blinding Beauty and your aura.

Don nadie
2016-07-18, 06:10 AM
One sighed, for was this not sin speaking through the mouth of the woman? She had dimmed her own light so that she could see, as a small consideration to her physical senses. But she stubbornly remained angry. One felt anger raising within, a purifying sense of justice broken by her refusal to understand. One could give way to this sense and destroy her like she ought only to destroy the most wicked, One wanted to do so.

And yet, the Will was to forgive and to teach. So One spoke:

Daughter of sin: it is not death, but life everlasting that I have brought to your husband, your sister, your son. Listen to me One extended its arms towards the woman and began singing the praise of the True Divine, its fingers weaving in the air, stringing prayer into a small miracle. The woman had to see, even if she had to blurr her mind for it.

The spell completed, One continued as she glided closer to the woman: You ran from me. Many will run from redemption, too attached to the stain of this world to even notice its stink, the sin with which your lifes are woven. But the Will is to forgive and to teach. Listen to my words and obey the Will. You shall go to your king, your duke, your lord. You shall encourage the high and the low to abandon their wealth and their power. You shall tell them: "Worship the Will!". One paused, extending one of its hands to stroke the cheek of the woman, cleaning its tears. You shall pave the way for my arrival, it whispered. One smiled sweetly. Submit to the Will, she said, and you will rejoin your husband, your sister, your son. Submit to the will and know that this life is a glimpse, and true life is eternal.

One paused for a minute, looking at the woman in the eye.

Submit.

One casts Charm person (DC Will 21)
Roll diplomacy to change her attitude: 1d20+22

Inevitability
2016-07-18, 06:49 AM
The diplomacy roll broke. Please do it again.

Don nadie
2016-07-18, 09:05 AM
Ups... yeah... I actually forgot to do the OOC and did it in an edit... and I think on edit you cant do rolls...
Edit: woaaaaaa.... natural 1! I hope she fails her save vs charm or One is out of a prophet :(
[roll0]

Inevitability
2016-07-18, 09:51 AM
[roll0]

The woman's eyes glaze over slightly and she stares at One. The pick drops from her hands and clatters against the stone floor.

"Submit... Yes, I will tell them. I will tell them of the Will. I will tell them of the Light. The word must be spread."

The woman quickly walks out of the mine shaft, humming wordlessly to herself. The heavy doors are opened, and light pours in.

She then walks to behind a building, returning with a saddled horse.

"I shall tell them. I shall go to the city below and tell them."

Don nadie
2016-07-18, 05:39 PM
One nodded. Good, dear child. With submission comes redemption. With redemption comes the love. Go now.

After the village has been emptied, One glides slowly through it. The angel wants to see how this people live and understand what their needs are, what their customs and worships are. After that, One will fly again and seek another small village.

For redemption begins with the humble.

Sense motive [roll0] to make sure the woman isn't pretending.

Inevitability
2016-07-19, 01:07 AM
For the most part, the woman's redemption seems genuine, not solely because of One's spell.

The woman mounts the horse and sends it down the mountain path. As they pass by one, the animal gives an excited whinny, and the woman gasps.

The village itself is not big. Two of the great wooden buildings seem to be workplaces where silver ore got melted down and processed into bars, then loaded on carts. A few horses still stand in a nearby stable, which is likely where the woman got her steed from.

Further away from the mine are residential buildings. They are made up of many individual rooms connected by hallways. A single great dining room is also located there. The rooms contain many items left behind by the people when they came to see One, such as spoons, cups, mining equipment and clothing.

Don nadie
2016-07-19, 03:20 AM
One ponders for a second, wondering what to do next. It decides to first find where the villagers kept the silver they mined. One is not very keen on using money for any means, but if word runs that a village next to a silver mine is empty, no doubt men will come not to gather in adoration of the Will but to find the wealth.

Such is the weakness of this world.

Once One finds the silver, it will transport it somewhere only accessible by means of incorporeality, possibly inside the mine. If they have explosive, the angel will use them then to close the mine, hopefully discouraging future fortune seekers from reopening such a sinful place, where men roll in the dirt for the sake of some shiny metal.

Inevitability
2016-07-19, 04:02 AM
The silver bars are moved into the mine. One can't find a way to close it permanently, short of weakening supports to the point of collapse, but the door can be sealed from within by locking a large iron bar in place, perhaps to wait out attacks from bandits or orcs.

Don nadie
2016-07-19, 06:51 PM
One decides that, for the time being, closing the mine with the beam will be enough. All the angel wants is to discourage looters, so that those come are keen not on finding riches but on being awed by the redemption of the citizens. But as it leaves the mine, a new idea forms in One's mind. Could it not find a use for silver eventually? Buying men and women, buying their loyalty?

One shudders and shakes its head, disturbed at the thought. That something like that occurs to it is only further proof of this world's corruption. Even One is not inmune. Its arms are weary from carrying the boulder and it feels the pain of separation from the True Divine. As the day moves forward, One knows there will be night, where the symbol of the Will is hidden and darkened.

What temptations will come with the night? One fears, but instead of letting itself be paralized by dread, the angel begins to sing and elevates back into the air. There must be some other small mining village where it can find another prophet. One believes it better to first redeem a few villages before going to the cities for, is it not more impressive to see a place entirely empty, its inhabitants gone leaving behind the tools of the world?

One flies to the next mining town, where it will again descend in glory.

Inevitability
2016-07-20, 03:24 AM
Circling about the mountain a bit, One spots a second mining village. It looks a bit smaller than the other one, but upon taking a closer look this seems to be because a considerable part of the village has been built in the mountainside. Only a couple of wooden huts and a small square are outside, the other areas must all lie behind sturdy doors in the rock wall.

Don nadie
2016-07-21, 05:49 AM
This time, One decides to observe from above and wait until the night falls. It wants to know what these creatures do, what is so important that they keep embracing this wretched, sinful lifes. It flies far above, until it is seen. If it is not, it will begin to slide into the village by sunset.

Inevitability
2016-07-21, 06:09 AM
Concealed by the sun, One manages to stay hidden until nightfall. It spots many villagers moving outside as they build a large pile of wood. Then, one of them breaks a branch off a tree, sets it on fire and sticks it inside the wood pile. Moments later, a great fire erupts, and the villager cheer.

The people then begin to sing, dance, or make music. There is a cheerful atmosphere. One, its radiant form mostly concealed by the objects between it and the villagers, watches.

Don nadie
2016-07-21, 10:07 PM
One is saddened at the sight. Their cheer is false, as is their happiness, for no true joy can come from drink and wine and warmth. The only joy is that of the Truth which is the Will. Feeling that it would be a crime on its part to ignore this, to just let them curl in the comfort of their false merry, One decides to finally descend. Advantageously for the angel, most of the village is already congregated.

One glides down in its blinding glory, its beauty burning itself into the eyes of many. It sings a true song without words, a rythmic murmur of praise to the True Divine, until it is in the center of the villagers. One extends its hands, embracing all. This time, however, One is careful not to spread the Light without care. The angel feels guilt at this decision, but it knows that it cannot redeem the world one village at a time, sending people one by one to their redemption from pain and earth. One knows it will need the cooperation of these creatures, that its duty is also to stir their immortal souls and persuade them to become instruments of the Will on their own.

Sons of sin, it says, rejoyce in my sight, for I have come bearing tidings of joy. Bring your weak and they will be strong, bring your limp and they will walk. For the Will is that you shall all be redeemed, sooner or later. Embrace the Light, submit to the Will and abandon the desires of this world for life everlasting! Those of you weak and tired, come close to me and sing, for you will be redeemed.

One waits for them to come, smiling kindly.

Dunno if I should roll something. Bear in mind that this time I am keeping my aura of healing down, so as to not vanish all of this people accidentally XD

Inevitability
2016-07-21, 11:26 PM
The people seem startled by the sudden appearance of an angelic being. Yet as the seconds pass and nothing bad happens, they calm down. In fact, some already seem enthralled by One's magnificent presence.

One of the villagers, a lean elf, approaches and speaks:

"I don't understand. What... who are you? Why are you here? What is this Will and this Light you speak of?"

Don nadie
2016-07-22, 02:03 AM
One smiles softly. It is a sweet smile, the one of a mother when she first looks at her child or of two elder lovers going hand in hand into death. It knew they would doubt and fear, for she has indeed kept the light within.

Do you have in your midsts one you love who suffers? One who's wounded or old or limp? Bring them to me and you shall know the Will and see the Light.

Inevitability
2016-07-22, 07:05 AM
A few villagers run off and return carrying a pale human seated in a chair. His leg is splinted and wrapped in bandages. Another brings a coughing little girl.

The elf once more begins his eloquent speech.

"These people are Vure Ortsmonn and Weri Notuil. Vure's leg got crushed under falling rubble while he was mining, and Weri contracted a disease five days ago. Both suffer under their burdens. If you can relieve them of their ailments, please do so."

The other villagers gather around the two suffering humans, knowing that whatever will happen now, it will be worth seeing.

Don nadie
2016-07-22, 08:37 AM
One closes its eyes, concentrating. It doesn't need to, of course. Its connection to the True Divine is as strong now as ever, for One is essential and extension of the Will. Nonetheless, this is its first night. And he finds it somewhat intimidating, the lack of bright sun in the sky, the darkness. Partly, the angel now understands better why humans fall so easily. Is it not tempting even to One, to seek the warmth of false flames instead of the true Light as protection from the cold?

That makes its duty all the more important. One moves first to the old man. It comes close and grabs his face, lifting his head with care so that they look at each other in the eye.

You suffer, One begins. You suffer the burden of this body, of age. You suffer the burden of sin, and dark and the world. Oh, you suffer like a beast of burden!

You don't have to, One whispers. Not really, of course, for the angel wants everyone to hear it, but the lowering of its voice lends everything a more intimate feeling.

None of you has to! It adds, now looking at the men and women gathered. For I have come to clean your wounds and mend your suffering. I have come to make the wrongs right and to redeem you from the weight of this world! I bear the gift of the True Divine, the gift of life everlasting and of a joy neverending! I bring the Light of the True Divine! And you may ask: "how can I be healed, how can my suffering end, my problems vanish? How can I learn the Truth?"

One pauses, letting the silence sink. Its question hangs in the air. One looks back at the old man, a kind smile in its face.

Do you want to learn the Truth? One's voice is sweet when it asks, like water falling from a fountain.

...Yes.... says the man, barely containing his pain. He is not entirely convinced, but the silence seems far too ackward.

And are you willing to submit? To abandon this life and its false idols for the life that is true and eternal?

This time it takes him longer to respond. ....Yes....

Then, embrace the Will, the Light, the True Divine! Rejoyce and be embraced by Love, in life everlasting!

With these last words, One touches the man releasing a burst of positive energy. The light shines for a few seconds, touching the man and healing him.

Alright, so I go full televangelist here. I hope you don't mind I took the words off the old man's mouth, but I'd rather not make the scene stop for two "yeses", feel free to change what he said/how he acted, though!

Also, I shall roll Oratory, since what I'm doing is a bit more of inspiring people to feel things rather than trying to make them see me with better eyes...

[roll0]

Inevitability
2016-07-22, 09:48 AM
Is the healing a fluff thing, are you using your positive energy ray/aura, or are you actually casting a spell? A CLW (which you can spontaneously cast) would work here, so unless you specify otherwise I'm going to go with that.

Also, I'm fine with you talking for NPC's if it speeds up things. I agree that having to wait twice for me to confirm something the NPC is going to accept anyway will slow things down.

The man's eyes widen as he slowly rises from the chair. He slowly moves a hand down to his bandages and taps them softly, then starts removing them. To everyone's surprise, what's beneath is not the mangled limb they'd been expecting, but a healthy limb. His expression further changes, becoming not merely joy at the healing of his injury, but unadultered ecstacy. Then he disappears in light.

The townsfolk look surprised, but not entirely frightened. After all, the man's enraptured expression was plain to all, and One's words are nothing if not convincing.

A man steps forward and nudges the sick girl to step forward.

"My daughter! Please help my daughter too!"

Don nadie
2016-07-22, 07:10 PM
Sorry, I forgot to specify. I actually wanted to use my healing ray (the one that ends with the old guy bursting in light :D)

One looks at the father with a smile.

Are you sure? Are you willing to pay the prize, to make her safe from the pain of this world and embrace the true Love? Or are you fearful, so attached to her physical existence that you'd rather have her suffer in this false life than live forever? One touches the man's arm, tenderly. In other words... do you Love your daughter or do you just own her?

Inevitability
2016-07-22, 11:39 PM
Okay, I've edited my post.

Also, you're talking to a man, not a woman. I thought I said so quite clearly.

"I... I love her. I'll miss her, but... I just want her to be healthy."

Don nadie
2016-07-23, 01:08 AM
One nods slowly.

Know this: this world is dying and sinful. In this world, I can only heal your daughter for a glimpse. She'll walk and she'll talk. She'll live one year, or two, or eighty, as fate and chance will have it. She'll suffer heartbreak and new ilnesses, she'll know pain, she'll lose you. She'll age and she'll die.

One gets closer to the man, holding both of his hands now and squeezing them softly. One's entire soul is pounding with the pain of containing the entirety of its Light, with the pain of seeing the man suffer. Two soft tears run through the angel's face, more metaphorical than real. There's so much pain, and One is so limited by this world, unable to heal more than a little at a time. One feels the pain of this man, One understands his love. And part of One is also enraged that he'd rather have her alive next to her than in the presence of the True Divine. But this is a man, and men must learn to be redeemed and to love redemption.

I can also show you. For while your mundane body may be healthy, your soul is sick with sin. The Love can embrace you, send you to the Light and to live everlasting. No age and no pain, no loss. You would never be separate again. You would never see her cry, never see her ill or damaged or sad... You would be together forever, in the loving embrace of Truth...

One lets drops the man's hands, letting the silence sink.

Do you want to submit to the Will? One asks, softly, in what seems like another whisper.

Actually, I got confused about the gender :P Edited the post before XD

Inevitability
2016-07-23, 04:40 AM
The man's upper lip trembles. He tightly holds his daughter, then steps forward, into One's light.

"Yes."

As the light washes over him, a smile appears on his face, as well as on his daughter's.

Don nadie
2016-07-23, 06:48 AM
Then know the Love and be free, says One. With those words the angel lets his aura free for a minute, washing their bodies with the energy of the True Divine.

Once they both vanish, One will contain it again.

Have you seen now what is the Truth I speak of, the Light which I bring?, it says, adressing the villagers with a voice like thunder.

Inevitability
2016-07-23, 08:13 AM
The villagers appear both awed and frightened. On the one hand, three of them just vanished completely. On the other hand, these people appeared willing, and the floating apparation doesn't seem hostile, just... otherworldly.

The elf, apparently village speaker or something similar, speaks:

"We see what you mean. What do you desire of us?"

Don nadie
2016-07-24, 07:59 PM
One's expression is now somewhat saddened. It is not my desire, but the Will, it says. The time has come of tribulations, of dangers beyond what your ancestors knew, of pain and war and horror. The time has come for Death.

It pauses for a second, weaving its fingers and looking at all of them with bright white eyes.

All those who follow the Will will have a chance to save themselves. A chance to redeem their sins and be embraced by the True Divine. But hear this: it is not easy. For you shall leave your false idols behind: your weak gods, your fear, your attachment to the things of this world. You shall leave your homes and your lands. You shall march through the country and preach that the End has come, and that only the Light can save them. You shall teach others and, on teaching others, redeem yourselves. In your travels you shall not respect the property of sinners, for property is a sin. You shall not hold the sinner dear, for he has already killed his soul. You shall march like the army of Love and spread your message and make others join.

By doing this, you shall make yourselves worthy of the Love and be sheltered from the storm that gathers.

And those who refuse, who embrace their idols and their sins... Shall be redeemed by force if needed.

Those who stand against the Will shall be crushed by it.

[roll0]
Add either +15 (Perform)
Or +22 (Diplomacy)
Depending on what you think is more fitting :D

Inevitability
2016-07-25, 12:37 AM
One's words don't fall on deaf ears. The people, now fully converted, begin packing some essential supplies: mostly food and water.

Under half an hour later, the mass before One isn't a weak, frightened group of peasants anymore. Now they're proud and courageous missonairies, prepared to spread the True Divine's word whatever it takes. They are waiting for only one thing; their teacher must send them on their ways.

Don nadie
2016-07-25, 07:16 AM
One looks at the gathered and smiles. Just as the First prohet ran, the many who came after have embraced the word.

Choose one of yours, One demands.

Then, once someone has advanced, the angel continues:

You shall now be regarded by the faith of your people. You, of all those who are still healthy and living, are going to join the True Divine in life everlasting. Embrace it and may your reward be an example for the others, a herald of the joy to come if they follow the True Path.

One then extends its hand and touches him or her, singing until the man or woman bursts into light and ecstasis.

All of you are now to go. Go to your cities, spread through your land and convert others. I encourage you to first visit your neighbours. Follow the paths of those you love and care, of those you know already... For they will be most receptive to the Truth you bring. Spread yourselves first to the near villages, then to the cities and only finally to the capital. I want, by the time you stand before the palace of your rulers, that your numbers be that of an army.

Inevitability
2016-07-25, 08:31 AM
The elven speaker is the one selected, and gratefully accepts his fate. In a way, it's symbolic: the village sacrifices their past leader to better serve their new one.

The villagers then leave. Two travel north, several smaller groups go west. One band travels southeast, towards the hazardous mountains and orcish lands beyond.

Finally, only One remains behind in the village.

Don nadie
2016-07-25, 09:02 AM
Feeling its heart full of joy, One spends the night in silent adoration, floating above the roofs and looking at where the sun will rise. It is anguish and pleasure, this wait. For in silence and alone, One feels its separation from the Light. But then again, One knows that the Light will rise, and it knows where to look. Is the material plane not like this? A long darkness? And yet, if one looks right, there is dawn breaking through the horizon!

When dawn finally arrives, One interrupts its reflections and breaks into song, praying to the True Divine and wishing with all its being to be a good instrument. Its soul fills with the pleasure of direct contact for a second, as it feels its powers renewed.

Refreshed, One gets on its way. It flies again over the sky. It stops, this time only barely, in every village. There, it speaks little, tells all to heed the messengers of the Light when they come and heals and redeems a few of the old and wounded. But villages are not One's objective anymore, and unless it is detained, it will not attempt to spend another day redeeming an entire one.

No, One has its eyes set on the nearest city. And, albeit with stops, there One flies.

Inevitability
2016-07-25, 10:49 AM
The first two villages One visits are friendly enough. The villagers initial fear is quickly removed when One begins to speak, and a charm spell convinces even the difficult individuals to accept the True Divine.

The third, which One visits the day after, has already been attended by a few of One's first prophets. The people there were initially distant towards the villagers, believing them to be lunatics or swindlers, but upon seeing One realize the error of these thoughts. Many of them convert.

The fourth village, however, is less friendly. It is located between the very first village One visited and the town of Silverbark and functions mainly as a place for travelers and caravans between these places to rest. Upon noticing the shining creature above, the villagers sound an alarm and grab various weapons.

One of them, a strong human wielding a large sword, raises his fist and shouts:

"The woman was right, men! The monster has come, but united we shall destroy it! Ready your arms!"

Villagers: [roll0]
One: [roll1]

One is about 100 feet above the village. Am I correct in assuming you've cast Aspect of the Celestial?

Don nadie
2016-07-25, 06:25 PM
One feels its heart sunk at the villagers words. How can they be son blind? How can they embrace their sin so as to respond to its arrival with violence and fear? One is saddened, but ready to deal with it. They do not deserve redemption, but what is Love if it cannot forgive and save those who don't deserve it?

Calmly, the angel raises a pledge to the True Divine to protect this wretched physical body from the wrath of the unfaithful. Then, One flies forward.

You assume correctly. I casted my basic buffs: Enlightened Spirit, Blinding Beauty and Aspect of the Celestial (Flight) If we are in a fight, I'll use my standard action to cast Sanctuary (it has a DC 22) and my move action to approach them.

Inevitability
2016-07-26, 06:33 AM
How close are you getting exactly?

Don nadie
2016-07-26, 07:50 AM
I guess as close as I can get. So, One got 100' closer to the action

One does not fear a fight... yet.

If you want to advance the action, my next turn will be entirely spent summoning Vivacious creatures (if I remember correctly, I can summon 1 creature from the list of iii with my iv spell, right? Can I summon 1d3 of the summon monster II list? If so, my choice would be 1d3 vivacious giant bees. Yes, they have less HP... but they are incorporeal! And I want to kill them all with healing and love :D

Inevitability
2016-07-26, 02:01 PM
[roll0]

One descends rapidly from the heavens. As she nears the tense soldiers, dozens of the armed mob cry out in confusion and fear as One's supreme beauty robs them of their vision. They swing their weapons in literal blind panic, but hit nothing but each other. The few individuals still able to see clearly try to strike at One... and watch their clubs and bolts pass through the shining shape unhindered. Moments later, many of the warriors explode in bursts of energy.

As the mad melee continues, a faint buzzing sound can be heard. Shining portals open, and two giant beelike creatures fly forth. Their auras of light and life, combined with One's, sweep over the battlefield and turn every single soldier in a blaze of light.

Then, there is silence. There are undoubtedly more villagers out here, but none can be seen. The bees buzz around happily, waiting for One to give them another command.

No sense in making the battle last longer than it should.

Don nadie
2016-07-26, 07:24 PM
One is saddened. Why would men do this, why would they fight the redemption? It stretches its hands towards the sun and calls out, at the top of its voice.

Those of you who repent the actions of your fellow neighbours, come out!

After a few seconds, hopefully with some people coming out, One gives a new order to the bees: Enter the houses, find those who are hiding and bring redemption to them.

One gives a bit of time for people to come out and sends the bees into the houses, flying with their fast speed and rolling through with their healing auras :D Exterminate!

One will keep its blinding beauty on, for whoever comes out to repent.

Inevitability
2016-07-27, 08:41 AM
None answer One's call. As the bees fly forward and buzz through the houses, the bursts of energy do indicate people were present, though.

A few seconds after the bees return to One, several humans, most adult women but a few children too, can be seen running from the houses and away from One. They appear to be running towards some nearby stables.

Don nadie
2016-07-27, 07:32 PM
One cannot allow this. This running, this refusal to accept the redemption. It orders the bees to follow and flies at full speed towards the stables and the horses.

One is now a sight to behold, its expression one of infinite sadness which borders anger, its beauty beyond this world. It emanates pure white light.

When it reaches the few people, one orders the beeds to catch them, to shoot beams of pure positive energy and to make sure all of the survivors are redeemed. The angel itself uses its movement and beams to fill the survivors with the Light of the True Divine. They do not deserve it, but the mercy of the True Divine is infinite and they must be stopped.

One will not allow for those few sinners to go forth and spread lies about the 'monster'. Lies are like poison, and if more people believe them, the faithful will have an even harder time...

So.... Bees and angel charge towards the stable (bees have 80' move, One has 100', both can fly and pass through obstacles) They have their auras activated and, once they reach, they will follow a few (dispersing themselves) to affect them with their aura and use their positive energy rays on others. Damm those unbelievers!

Inevitability
2016-07-28, 05:04 AM
The few remaining villagers are all purified. With a gentle buzz, the bees depart and rejoin the True Divine.

One is all alone in an empty village.

Don nadie
2016-07-28, 07:08 AM
One sighs and decides to scout the village in search for some further information. Maybe the angel can find something important, or some letter that indicates who spread the vile and sinful rumours of One being a 'monster'. A monster! It, the purest creature in this wretched world... Only a sinner could think something like that.

Inevitability
2016-07-28, 08:31 AM
One starts exploring the village. After a long search, it stumbles upon something interesting: a large, leather-bound book titled: "Log of Wagonsrest, by Mayor Ulanyl Parathon". Perhaps it contains the information One needs?

Don nadie
2016-07-28, 09:22 AM
With care, One opens the book. It knows what a log is just as it knows the language it is written it, though One could not tell where it learnt it. Slowly but surely, using itself as illumination, One reads through the latest entries.

Inevitability
2016-07-29, 04:53 AM
One slowly reads through the book.

Fifth moon, seventh day:

One of Yur Borvno's horses fell ill today.

A traveling ranger informed me that he had spotted several krenshars in the mountains. If they come down, they might pose a danger: I'll keep an eye on it.

Fifth moon, eight day:

Verw Urynis and Puor Qwevcy got married today. Praise to the couple!

Fifth moon, ninth day:

Borvno's horse died.

Fifth moon, eleventh day:

Itry Teasli was caught stealing my silver tableware today. Her right hand was chopped off and she was banished from the village. I shall need to find a new maid now.

Fifth moon, twelfth day:

The caravan from Silverbark arrived today, right on schedule. It counts four wagons and eleven workers, four elven and the others all human.

Fifth moon, thirteenth day:

The caravan left this morning. They were supposed to be back by sunset, yet none arrived. This is a gross violation of the schedule: I shall inform the Mining Guild of this.

Fifth moon, fourteenth day:

The caravan still has not arrived.

A woman on an exhausted horse rushed into our village today. She was barely coherent and got violent when guards questioned her. I ordered her imprisoned.

Fifth moon, fifteenth day:

According to the guards, the woman speaks of a monster of glowing light that invaded her village and killed all but her. I ordered the peacekeeper to gag her, so that her insane ramblings may cease. When the caravan finally arrives, I'll ask them to take her to Silverbark so that she may be put in the town asylum.

Tro Rarthnor, the village jeweler, passed away today. He has been buried next to his wife.

Fifth moon, sixteenth day:

The caravan still has not arrived, and now I suspect bandits or orcs may have attacked. Perhaps their destruction even drove the mysterious woman to insanity: I can only guess.

Just to be certain, I ordered all weapons to be prepared for combat. If there are bandits, they may decide to strike at us next.

A messenger has been sent to Silverbark to inform the duke of the missing caravan.

Don nadie
2016-07-29, 06:17 AM
On reading this, One's heart is filled with sadness. It quickly scouts the city, trying to find the jail where they kept her first Prophet. If she was accidentally redeemed by One's sacred summoned bees, the angel will have to accept the first of her prophets was... Far from the most persuasive. Her sacrifice, however, will not go in vain.

Inevitability
2016-07-29, 07:04 AM
One eventually finds the jail. There, kept in a small cell, is the woman. Upon seeing One, she screams in fear.

"You! You again! Why do you follow me? Why do you hate me? Go away! GO AWAY!"

The frightened human grabs the rusty bucket in her cell and clenches it tightly. All the time, her panicked gaze remains focused on the celestial.

Don nadie
2016-07-29, 07:19 AM
One shakes its head. I have chosen you, it says. I have chosen you as my First Prophet, and yet, you reject me. What is your reason? Are you so attached to your sins as to not understand the true nature of Salvation? One is tearful, pearly drops of something that cannot be tears running down its cheeks. Why do you hate the Love?

Inevitability
2016-07-29, 08:02 AM
"Love? LOVE? You killed my family! You killed my husband! You're a monster! A MONSTER!"

The woman flings the bucket at One, but it simply clatters against the metal bars of her cell. Waste is flung around, further dirtying the place.

Don nadie
2016-07-29, 09:30 AM
They were not killed, One whispers sadly. They live forever, and you were to live forever too. Life and joy everlasting were awaiting you, if only you'd embrace the Love...He sighs. I believe it is now too late.

With deep sadness, One advances towards the woman. The angel is a creature of pure goodness, and yet... Does a prophet who betrays her mission deserve redemption? One is tempted to sin. It's softly glowing fingers move towards the woman's neck and press, beginning to asfixiate in a most mundane matter. A death. A true death, and not the redemption of life everlasting. Yet before he can do it, on seeing the woman struggle, One repents the sin it was about to commit and, swiftly, releases the energy of the Light into her body.

You shall join them, One whispers, tearful.

Once the woman is redeemed, the angel is shaken. It spends the remaining of the day and night there, in the cell, with the darkness and the smell of feces. It had overestimated mankind or, perhaps, underestimated how sin pulls. How this solid, material world forces sin upon one's heart. Didn't One itself feel the pull? The call of vengeance and of anger? Was the angel not about to murder?

At sunrise One emerges, singing its prayers to the True Divine and finding renewed strength in the communion with its God, with the Light. Its First Prophet may have fallen to sin, but the second, those at the village, may have been more successful. And while sin whispered in One's ear, in the end it was Love that it listened to. That has to count.

Whispering thanks to the True Divine, One sings and channels the energy of Light into itself, preparing for another day of flight and travel. Further ahead into the land goes the angel. Following the road and stopping in the villages... Up to the city.

Inevitability
2016-07-29, 11:56 AM
One begins to fly alongside the road. Further and further it travels, until at last, there is nowhere to go. The road ends, and before One is the great city she last saw from the peak the Silverspire.

Many people, most of them farmers or cattle-drivers, are working outside the walls. A single caravan can also be seen leaving.

Don nadie
2016-07-30, 12:16 AM
One flies slowly over the city until it finds a square. At its center, it descends and stands, its eyes closed in meditation. One has learnt from the betrayal of its First Prophet: these sinful creatures must be explained what redemption is. Otherwise, there is a danger that they will think of it as death. Thus, One has descended with most layers of its glory sheathed, veiled as it were. Its beauty is still heartbreaking, but its not blinding. And the light which emanates from its body is not the Light. Only the aureola of sanctity remains, three brilliant triangles orbiting behind One's head.

The servant of the True Divine waits for mankind to congregate.

Inevitability
2016-07-30, 02:44 AM
One's appearance causes quite a shock amongst the masses. They swarm the mysterious glowing being. Some try to touch One, others simply stand and watch.

"Did anyone see where it came from?"
"Look at this! I can put my hand right through it!"
"Maybe it's an illusion?"
"It doesn't like an illusion, though."
"How would you know it's not? That's the entire point of illusions: things look like stuff they aren't."
"I just know, okay?"

Don nadie
2016-07-30, 05:09 AM
One opens its eyes, once it can hear a sizable amount of onlookers.

Bring me your sick, your weak, your tired, says the angel, raising its voice above the crows, extending its wings and floating a few inches over the ground. Bring them to me and I shall bestow upon them the Love of the True Divine.

Inevitability
2016-07-30, 08:17 AM
The people here seem less trusting than the village-folk, and do not immediately comply.

"What... what are you?" one of them asks.

Don nadie
2016-07-31, 05:34 PM
I am One, herald of the True Divine, the Light, the Love. I have come to redeem your city, if you'll only open your hearts. Have you not felt at times guilty? Tired? Sad without reason? Such is the weight of this world, which the True Divine has sent me to save. Come, those who ache, and I show you.

Sorry it took longer to answer... I'm still going through a combination of restless intestines, flu and 40º of temperature. Not ideal!

Inevitability
2016-08-01, 04:56 AM
A woman dressed in rags shakily steps forward, her face bearing the marks of disease. Various others nearby quickly step away from her.

"I am sick and weak, great One. How can I bear this pain?"

Don nadie
2016-08-01, 05:25 AM
One stares at the woman for some moments. Seeing its wounds and pain almost makes the angel cry. How can these wordly beings tolerate her presence? Her body is walking sin, walking horror for anyone with eyes to see.

But the Mercy is endless. One advances towards the woman, smiling.

In sin you were born and in sin you have lived, and your body is but the external manifestation of this. But I can help, you poor soul. I can heal your pain and suffering. That, however, will only last so long. Do you want to bear the pain once and again? Or has this suffering already taught you that there is nothing worthy in this life? For if this is the case, if you are willing to submit to the True Divine, the Lord of Light, It Who is Mercy and Love... Then I can redeem you and give you the gift of life everlasting.

Diplomacy [roll0] to convince her to give up this life. Don't worry, I don't intend to just repeat myself ad nauseam... If she accepts, tis time to set up a church :P

Inevitability
2016-08-01, 08:35 AM
Silently, the woman opens her arms. The onlookers stare at her and One with a mixture of shock and curiosity.

Don nadie
2016-08-03, 03:02 AM
One smiles softly.

Speak, woman, for the Lord of Love and Light needs to know that you want to be redeemed. Do you? Dou wish to leave this toil, this constant pain? To embrace the Love and live forever where no pain can hurt you? Where no illness can touch your flesh, where age does not follow, and bones to not break and hunger and thirst are sated? Do you?

...Yes...

Then, says One. Be saved, join the Lord of all Light, the True Divine.

And as it speaks, the angel lets out a flash of light, a tight beam of pure white light from its eyes which touches the woman on her chest. Joy and healing are bursting through her now. Hopefully she'll be taken. Hopefully, too, these mortals will see the Truth. If they do, One needs to continue moving... And the angel already has a plan to make clear its mission and its nature.

Again, presuming she'll say yes for the sake of speed.

Sorry that my posting was down the last 2 days... Had quite a bit of illness and some tech-trouble with my wifi I just did not have the energy to solve :P

Inevitability
2016-08-03, 10:16 AM
The onlookers gasp in awe and shock. A few approach, others move away. Most stand silently, not knowing what to do.

Then, however, a brash voice penetrates the silence. A human clad in full plate and wielding a battleaxe approaches. Half a dozen spear-wielding guards are following him.

"What is the cause of this crowding? The city laws sa..."

Upon seeing One, the man suddenly stops talking. He draws his axe and makes a menacing gesture towards the celestial.

"You! What... what are you? What is the meaning of this? Speak now!"

Don nadie
2016-08-03, 06:44 PM
I am One, says the angel without any hesitation. And I am here to break the laws of sin, the grip that sin and wealth have on your souls. I am here to bring the Word of the True Divine... So drop your weapons. Violence and represesion are not needed here.

Inevitability
2016-08-04, 01:18 AM
"Don't tell me what to do, glowy. This place has no need for crazy missionaries. Drop whatever illusions are covering you and leave the city."

Don nadie
2016-08-04, 01:44 AM
One sighs.

There are no ilusions, only the Truth. Either join us or face condemnation The angel turns its gaze to the people assembled. Do you let these sinners drive you arround like cattle? Like pigs in the mud, like sheeps? Do you put your mortal bodies and your inmortal souls in their hands? Are you going to let them stand in between you and the Love of the True Divine?

Inevitability
2016-08-04, 08:06 AM
"Sinners? I've had enough of this!"

The soldier swings his axe at One. A few people scream, others avert their eyes. Those who don't see the axe find its target and... harmlessly pass through.

"What... what sorcery is this?"

Don nadie
2016-08-04, 08:35 AM
It is no sorcery but Truth, sinner. One has now lifted itself higher over the ground, beginning to tower above the guard's head. You have lifted your weapon with sin in your heart, you have tried to harm the herald of the Light... It's voice is infinitely sad. Drop your weapon, says One. It's voice looms in the air, loaded with the power of the True Divine. Feel the Love and submit to the Will. Repent!

Then, the angels turn to the others.

Drive him away, those of you who want to believe. Will you obey a pig wallowing in filth? Then why do you give authority to one who has not understood? Who has seen but not believed?

Using Command on the poor, soon to be redeemed guard.

Also, may I roll Diplomacy to incite passions? (namely anti-guards sentiment and get people on One's side) [roll0]

Inevitability
2016-08-04, 10:33 AM
The soldier's hand shakes, and after a moment relaxes. His weapon clatters to the ground, and he looks around in fear.

The masses look at the hovering, divine being above them, then at the scared, filthy warrior. For a moment, none make a move, then a stone flies through the air and strikes the guard on his breastplate. More and more of the commoners begin flinging stones, and the soldier begins to run. More stones fly, but the citizens do not pursue.

The six guards turned tail and started to run the moment their leader did.

Don nadie
2016-08-05, 05:14 AM
One nods as the guard runs. The angel remains silent for a few moments, letting the peasants look at each other.

You want to believe, it finally says. You have rejected an authority based on lies and sin, for what else was that man? His heart was rotten, as it is the heart of the city he represents. Are you not lonely, in pain, some hungry, some poor? Are there not those who benefit from you and are wealthy and drink and make merry? And I ask you all, all of you... Is it not a sin to submit...?

It is, for they keep you in line with sin and with sin the tie you. What is the wealth nobles pay for your work but a chain of sin? For, after all, what is the use of gold which only buys material wealth but does nothing for the needs of the soul? What is the food the merchants provide that nourishes not the soul? Do food or wealth give actual health, a life everlasting and free of pain?

I'll tell you: it does not. If you want a life in the Light, a life forever in the warm embrace of the True Divine... You will follow me.

Inevitability
2016-08-05, 05:32 AM
Many voices raise from the crowd, each saying the same thing.

"We will follow!"
"We will follow!"
"We will follow!"
"We! Will! Follow!"

And then more people approach. They have heard One's words and seen the celestial defy the guard. They too join the chanting mass.

However, suddenly there is a commotion on the other side of the square. The warrior One disarmed is back, this time with at least fifty soldiers following him. Raising a sword, he screams:

"Forward, men! Kill those rebels!"

The unarmed, unarmored villagers let out fearful cries. Some run behind one, begging the being to protect them.

Don nadie
2016-08-05, 08:53 AM
Close your mortal eyes!, orders One to the peasants.

A second latter, with concentrated and careful moves, the angel lifts its veil and lets its beauty be seen, blinding those who are looking. It then opens its hands and a lightning of pure white light emanates from them, striking the warrior One had at first allowed to leave unharmed save for a few stones.

It speaks again, its voice booming.

Those of you raising your weapons today against the Will which I follow are sinning only against yourselves! Remember that as you join the True Divine and receive a life everlasting, of a suffering with no bounds. For you will then know the True Divine and the True Divine will close its door upon you! For you will writhe, knowing how blind you were! You will see your own mistakes, the illness of your soul! May the Love embrace you, even if you don't deserve it...

So... activate blinding beauty and cast my ray at the leader, then move towards the group of soldiers slowly, rather hoping to disconcert them. If I can also activate Aura of positive energy this turn, I do so towards the end, once I am basically on the soldiers and not affecting so many followers.

Inevitability
2016-08-05, 01:31 PM
One's followers obediently avert their gazes or close their eyes. Moments later, the celestial reveals its stunning beauty. Almost the entire squad of soldiers, including its leader, is immediately obliterated, with the few who aren't stumbling around sightless for a few seconds before being purified too.

Armor and weapons fall to the ground and fill the market square with the sound of clattering metal. Then, there is only silence.

Don nadie
2016-08-05, 08:24 PM
One drives its veil back over its face, covering the sheer brightness of its beauty a bit more.

It is done, you who want to believe. Open your eyes.

The angel stands there, surrounded by a circle of abandoned weapons, armors and other wordly possesions. Only the body is vanished into the Light, after all.

Do you see the Light? Do you understand now that the Love can and will protect you?

Inevitability
2016-08-06, 07:20 AM
The villager look speechless at the scene. A few, unable to believe what just transpired, carefully touch the empty armor or swords.

A tall female human steps forward and speaks:

"We... we understand! Please, lead us, One!"

Don nadie
2016-08-06, 07:46 AM
One smiles. It has a smile of kindness and love, such as an idealized mother. From this perspective with the veil shadowing its face, One is less of a horrifyingly absolute beauty and rather an idealized form. One comes closer to the woman that has spoken, and bows its head slightly so that it can look at her in the eye... without flying any lower.

There's only one thing left to do. You know, as do I, that this world has worshipped false goods for too long. I don't only mean the gods of wealth and sin and empty pleasure, but the false idols to which many have pried and made offerings, to whose clerics many have given their time and souls in the hope of a false miracle. Which is the most grand of these temples in this city? You, my dear, will lead me to it.

This is presuming that there's such thing as gods in this setting... I seem to remember people still worshipped gods (other than the True ones, right?)

Inevitability
2016-08-06, 08:18 AM
"There is the Temple of Unity. Allow me to lead you there."

The crowd gathered around One moves through the streets. Some people flee as they see the mass approach, others carefully get closer and start walking along.

Before long, One stands before a plain but large building, with the words 'Temple of Unity' carved in the stone. Two impressive wooden doors are wide open, and through them a long, dimly lit hall is visible. A few dozen people can be seen inside.

Don nadie
2016-08-06, 06:24 PM
Who does this temple stand to? What false idols are worshipped within its walls?

The angel asks by the doors, peering inside. It feels strange now, trying to drive these people, to make them believe and to create in them the enthusiasm which will make it possible for the faith in the True Divine to spread faster and further than by One's direct intervention.

Inevitability
2016-08-07, 03:50 AM
"The Unified, as these ones call themselves, worship something they call Unity. According to their teachings, all should cultivate their soul through meditation and prayer during life, then upon death all enlightened souls will become part of Unity. One day, they say, their god will descend from the heavens and lead them into an age of prosperity."

Don nadie
2016-08-08, 01:37 AM
With a nod, One enters the building followed by the faithful. The angel looks arround, curious as to what the place which will be its home for the next few days looks like. Then, One begans to speak aloud.

Hear me, believers! For too long have you worshipped the Truth as mendacity! For too long have you worshipped the one true god, It who is the Light, the Will and the Love, under the guise of a Unity which does not exist. I have been sent by the True Divine, not to bring prosperity to this earth. For, what would the one god have to do with the sowing of the land, with the counting of the coin? I have come to redeem the world from sin and to bring to the faithful a life everlasting.

Submit to the Will, says One in a much softer tone, so that it seems like the whisper of a lover. Embrace the Love, gaze upon the Light.

Inevitability
2016-08-08, 06:31 AM
Some of the people in the hall stare in disbelief at One. Others slowly back away, moving towards a large staircase that leads downward.

One individual (https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/564x/c8/33/97/c83397192ff5e20d4a08fc27e1e0a31c.jpg), clad in gray robes that cover most of his face and body, steps forward and speaks:

"This humble servant of Unity would like to know what these unexpected visitors seek. Is it truth? Enlightenment? Unity can give you that. Certainly you did not come here to mock the faith of the brave souls gathered here?

Why do you not sit down with them? I assure you, our deity is accepting even of those who barge into one of His many homes shouting bold proclamations. "

Don nadie
2016-08-08, 07:28 PM
One comes forward to the man, smiling softly.

You are kind, it says. You are still clutching to your false idol, but you are kind. Most of those whom I've met, most of those who have clutched to sin... They were unkind, weary, violent. Evil... As it speaks, the angel is much closer, its beauty beaming from below the veil. It extends one hand to caress the priest's cheek. You are so kind. I have no doubt the True Divine will embrace you, it says, coming closer and kissing the man on his brow. A burst of light comes off the kiss, filling the old man with energy and joy.

Do you feel the Love? Do you feel the true Will? the angel asks at the increasingly glowing man. Embrace it, and be redeemed, says One

Inevitability
2016-08-09, 04:39 AM
The man carefully backs off as One approaches.

"Good... being, I have no desire to be embraced by your god.

However, I think there is much we can learn from each other. Let me show you our temple, please."

Please make a DC 18 Will saving throw.

If you succeed, nothing happens, and you are aware of a mental attack (though nothing specific beyond that).

If you fail, you are under a Suggestion to accept the man's request.

The man moved away before you got a chance to activate your aura. You can just send a ray of positive energy, or you could do something else.

Don nadie
2016-08-09, 06:58 AM
One smiles softly and seems, for a second, too silent. It has felt the mental attack, the pull of a will trying to impose upon it. Of course, it cannot work: One only follows the Will. The mental suggestion evaporates swiftly. One shakes its head, clearly saddened.

If you wish to speak and learn, you may do so. Be aware that there is only one Truth and one Will: that of the True Divine. You have worshipped It under the guise of this false idol... But you still may submit.

I have +20 to Will... But sure, I'll roll :P [/roll]1d20+20[/roll]

Inevitability
2016-08-09, 10:03 AM
The man smiles.

"We will see. For now, let me show you and your faithful these sacred grounds."

He then begins walking towards one of the staircases, beckoning One and its followers to join him.

Don nadie
2016-08-10, 12:53 AM
We will follow you into the temple, One concedes.

A part of it suspects this is a trap, a hideous treason prepared by the idol-worshipers of Unity. However, the angel decides not to believe that. There may be goodness in them, still. Even if they tried to drive One's mind beyond the power of the Will.

Perhaps its problem is that it has never encountered deception.

Inevitability
2016-08-10, 03:19 AM
As One makes its way to the staircase, the few individuals in the main hall turn towards it in surprise. A few raise from their prayer mats and follow their priest, others remain seated.

The stairway is surprisingly well-lit. Magical lights, resembling torches but without heat or smoke, burn every dozen steps. Of course, One's brightness makes such illumination unnecessary.

Then One arrives at a large underground room with a large statue of a shrouded humanoid in the center.

A few people are silently staring at the walls. One follows their gaze and sees dozens of shelves along the walls, with rows of humanoid skulls placed upon them.

Each skull has been carefully polished and cleaned. The back of the head has been removed, and a magical flame not unlike the ones illuminating the stairwell burns in most of the empty skulls.

"Allow me to show you the Room of Resting. When our faithful cast of their mortal forms and become one with Unity, their bodies are brought down here. Behind those doors, their skulls are removed and opened to remove the brain, which is then burned with the remainder of the bodies. The skulls are then placed here, so that they can inspire those not yet accepted by Unity."

"The flames lit in the skulls symbolize the unending brightness of soul those chosen by Unity possessed. The faithful pay for them over their lifetime, and upon their death we use the money to pay for the ritual that lights the flames."

"But let us not speak of my religion alone. Why do you not tell me and the followers of Unity about yours?"

Don nadie
2016-08-11, 01:31 AM
One looks at the place, sadness in its expression.

You are so close, and yet so far. For mine is not a religion, but the rightful adoration of the True Divine, the source of existence. I am an extension of the life-bringer, the soul-giver, It who is the source of all that shines. This... What you have here... How can you be so close and yet so blind? The angel sighs. It turns and speaks aloud, for all to hear.

Yes, it is true, the souls of those deserving return to a union with the Light that is Love. They are redeemed from the weight of their bodies, from the sins of their life on the filth of this earth. They gain peace, a life everlasting, the joy of endlessness and purity. They will not be touched by sickness or pain, by age or loss. They will be happy, forever.

And yet, if you have seen this Truth, that death can be much more than an end, why do you so embrace the false idols? Why do you have a statue of what you call Unity, when no statue will ever have Its glory? Why do you keep the skull, when what you call Unity has so refused to take it? Why do you turn one light for each of the faithful dead, when they are blessed to no longer be individuals, separate from other lights and from each other? Why do you gaze in meditation upon the shell that was so joyfully cast away?

This place... This place is a contradiction in itself. You have true tenets. You have understood in part the Truth. And yet what this rituals show is an attachment to the body that was left, to the man that was once appart from the Divinity.

One smiles then, softly. Would any of you like to see how true Redemption and true Unity manifest? For I have been sent by the Will that is Love, I am the herald of the Light. And I may give to you the life everlasting, the Union you so faithfully desire.

Perform to make a convincing argument [roll0]

Inevitability
2016-08-11, 09:39 AM
A few of the servants of Unity begin whispering amongst each other, but their leader simply continues to smile.

"But if our physical bodies are but worthless vessels, then why do we even possess them? If this Will you speak of only wishes for us to return to it, then why were we even given bodies in the first place?

Our lives are more than pointless toiling amongst filth and loss: they are our preparation for our return to Unity. Each experience, each emotion, each discovery... it strengthens Unity when our souls merge with it.

Those skulls are not here to worship or contemplate, but to serve as example. See how each light brightens only a small part of the room, yet the hundreds of skulls together illuminate it entirely! See how the damaged, broken skull still houses the enlightened, perfect soul! See how the bodies stand alone, yet the lights merge together! In this room, a thousand metaphysical mysteries are shown, and their answers are plain to those who see the symbolism!"

In the room above, several loud thumps can be heard. The priest of Unity pays no mind to them.

Don nadie
2016-08-11, 06:10 PM
One shakes its head.

You speak of symbols, yet you worship them with more eagerness that you worship Unity.

If the Unity is perfect, why would it need to be strenghtened? If it is so weak as to need souls to be strong, why would it deserve them? You adore a Unity which is little more than a necrophage, feeding on the essence of the fallen to keep itself alive? Perfection does not need you. It does not need your adoration or your faithfulness or your experience. You claim to worship a true God, and yet you are postrated towards a false one. A god crafted to the image of mankind. For it is not the True Divine that needs to be strenghtened by the emotions and experience of the living, but mankind. It is mankind who need to believe that their lives in time and within matter are important. That each experience and each pain can be relevant.

It isn't. The True Divine needs them not, the Unity would need them not. They deserve adoration for their very existence, for the fact It has allowed life to flow at all.

You also talk about the body. Yet, if it is not imperfect, if it is not a false carcass that may be discarted, why does your blessed Unity not take it? The body is the work of mercy, and attempt by the True Divine to bring life into the broken and imperfect matter. Before that, the True Divine knew not what sin was and could not expect it. After It brought the first Light to the Heavens and openend the gate for the souls to shed from Itself in an act of Love, the souls were pulled by matter into Sin. Pride, Lust, Wrath, Sickness, Old age, Death. Those are the marks of sin and the weight of the flesh.

And yet, when the True Divine grants its redemption to one creature, It takes all but his clothes and tools. For that which has been touched by the Light can be made pure, even if it isn't. Such is the mercy of the True Divine. Such is Its Love.

Finally, you speak of these lights. Of what they mean together rather than separate. Do you really think your Unity so petty that it needs to be made with the constant adoration of yourselves? Do you think Its Light doesn't shine without your souls to fuel it? Let me show you the light.

With soft movements, One retreats its veil, its face and body shimering with pure whiteness and its unearthly beauty clear for all to see, blinding for those too close. The Light which is Truth burns without fuel, One says, its voice echoing in the cave. It illuminates alone and forever. Regardless of mankind, of their adoration or sins. The Light shines and will always shine. The Light that is the Will does not need worship, it is mankind who must worship to deserve Its Love and purge their sins. One's voice is raised, it rings like a trumpet. Gaze upon me now. Do you see what I am? I am the Light made Will, the Will descended into matter. I am but a fragment of the True Divine, and yet my light alone blinds more than the brightness of generations upon generations of your symbolic skulls!

One looks at the other faithful of Unity, seeking with its eyes those who seem doubtful, it makes a gesture encouraging them to come closer.

Do you want to experience Unity? Come to me and embrace the True Divine! For It is the Light, the Love, the Will, the Union. It is the only beginning and the only end, the one who needs no symbols and no rituals, but rejoices in the redemption of mankind.

Inevitability
2016-08-12, 02:01 AM
The Unity-worshippers cry out when One reveals its beauty, but slowly come closer upon the being's call: some hurriedly and others carefully.

The priest, his eyes now burned out by One's radiance, continues to smile. A small trickle of green fluid runs down his face, leaving the tissue it runs past red and irritated. He seems not to notice it.

"I see. You barge in here, proclaiming our god fake, calling it a necrophage, a false idol. You oppose our views, and think all but you are liars or fools.

But your truths are old! With time, possibilities arise! If a simple seed can grow into a towering tree, why can a spark of light not become a divine beacon? If a mind is blessed, will many minds not become holy? If for centuries, no, millennia innumerable artists work on something, how can the result not be art?"

The priests movements now grow more erratic and frenzied. The green liquid is streaming down his face now, where it burns out his eyes.

"Yes! Yes! A maggot can be no god, you say? I reject this! Let a maggot consume thousands and gain their powers, and try to claim the resulting being is no god! Is its ascension not more impressive than that of those made that way?

Maggots! Maggots we all are, but our deaths bring new life to the Divinity! Die here, Purifier! Let the Divinity feast upon your mind! Let your horrible crusade end!"

The priest of Unity's face is now a mask of horrible, green acid. Even so, he seems unfazed. The priest turns towards One, and his smile is briefly visible through the streams of fluid. Then he disappears completely.

Suddenly, the ceiling begins to rumble. Bits of stone and dust start falling down. One's worshippers, including the recently converted ones, either run for the staircases or cling to their prophet.

Don nadie
2016-08-12, 02:18 AM
You monster of treachery!

One's voice echoes the halls, even over the rocks that begin to fall.

Abandon this place, those of you who can! Let this place of sin fall upon itself!

One's body begins emanating an aura of pure light that fills the bodies of those near it with energy. Several pairs of wings made of pure light emerge at the same time from its back. Like a lightning, One moves fast through the room getting close enough for the energy of his god to fill several of the followers on his way to the stairs. While One has no fear for its ability to endure the falling of some rocks, it fears that may be able to trap it.

Ok, this is awesome and I was not actually expecting to find an actual monster here O_O

My action will be activating healing aura and 100' wings (I seem to recall I had them Permanent till tomorrow), and then flying full speed through the room, trying to get as many people affected by the aura as possible on my way to the stairs. A few (a lot) of them will probably vanish, though maybe someone survives if they get hurt below their minimum hitpoints :P

Also, I just realized something... One is inmune to spells lvl 3 or lower because of his half-saint template... Dunno if that would have affected the suggestion before XD

Inevitability
2016-08-13, 12:57 AM
Some of One's followers, as well as two of the Unity-worshippers, transform into spheres of light and fade away. The others dash up the stairs... only to scream in shock.

"They've barred them! We can't get up!"

Indeed that seems to be the case. Large stone slabs have been placed on the upper floor, ensuring none can leave the basement.

The rumbling sound is getting stronger now. Stones start falling down from the walls and ceiling.

It would indeed have prevented it. I guess no harm was done, though.

Don nadie
2016-08-13, 02:28 AM
One attempts to pass through the door and open it from the other side.

Inevitability
2016-08-14, 02:01 AM
The stone can easily be moved through. On the other side, the temple looks greatly different from before. The pillars are crumbling and bits of the ceiling are coming down. No people seem to have remained in the collapsing building.

Okay, I'm a bit at a loss here. To move a fallen stone slab, you're going to need a high strength. Normally, you'd be unable to do so because of incorporeality, but Ghostly Grasp does give you some ability to move objects so you should have a carrying capacity.

Would you be okay with it being based on your charisma score, just like an incorporeal's AC?

Don nadie
2016-08-14, 06:29 AM
Leave, One ordes its new followers, sheperding them to the main doors. As the people run, One flies arround the main hall, atempting to find whatever this creature was in the rest of the temple.

Come out, abomination, maggot festering in the sins of this earth! Come out and be redeemed, for I believe even wretchedness such as yours can be saved by the Grace of the True Divine! Come out and find the destiny you deserve!

Sounds a bit OP, bearing in mind I already add my CHA to everything... Perhaps counting it as half? Otherwise, One would be able to lift... I dunno, half a building?

Inevitability
2016-08-14, 10:12 AM
Half charisma sounds fine.

However, the slab is too heavy for you to move in that case. You may have misread, but I didn't say you could move the slab, only you could move through it. Perhaps we should disregard your previous post and move back a bit?

Don nadie
2016-08-15, 03:00 AM
One frows, deeply concerned. It could of course just re-enter and give all those humans the grace of redemption, but the angels knows it would not be enough. By know, it has seen the world sufficiently, and One knows that mortals will not spread the word so easily and will not believe the herald so easily. To save some new converts and in the process expose the wickedness of false gods would be a most attractive idea...

One makes a decision. It extends its hands, opening with a prayer to the True Divine. As One finishes its prayer, the ground below it bubbles and several earth elementals emerge.

I bind you by the power of the True Divine, One says, keeping its distance from such distasteful, horrid creatures. Use your strenghtS and lift the stone!

Together, the elementals and One work to bring the stone up.

Leave, One ordes its new followers, sheperding them to the main doors. As the people run, One flies arround the main hall, atempting to find whatever this creature was in the rest of the temple.

Come out, abomination, maggot festering in the sins of this earth! Come out and be redeemed, for I believe even wretchedness such as yours can be saved by the Grace of the True Divine! Come out and find the destiny you deserve!

Sorry about that :P

Number of elementals [roll0]
Each has an str of 17 and is able to earth-glide. Together, I think we can move to a good position and then push the stone. Some from one side and some from the other. Hopefully.

Inevitability
2016-08-16, 12:35 AM
Together with the massive humanoids of solid stone, One manages to move the slab. Its servants quickly run out of the collapsing basement and towards safety.

While its people flee, One flies around the collapsing building. None, however, respond to its call.

Don nadie
2016-08-16, 04:11 AM
One decides to search the upper rooms (if there are any). He sends the elementals to ward the faithful and floats fast. He has two objectives: on the one hand, find a library, record hall or high-priest's chambers, somewhere where important information could be salvaged before the building breaks. On the other, he'd like to find the main altar where the faithful celebrated their rites and, if possible, a gleaming symbol of their faith to bring out.

As the angel flies at full speed through the temple, it has a moment to thank the True Divine its flesh cannot be harmed by a simple falling stone...

Being incorporeal really makes you more relaxed about a crumbling building. Havin 100' flight speed also helps, of course XD

Inevitability
2016-08-16, 07:07 AM
One locates a few back rooms, occupied by simple furniture, fonts of water and, in one case, several anatomical charts depicting human skulls.

The celestial finds a main altar, of some sort. It doesn't appear frequently used, and no major symbols adorn it. It has, however, been engraved with a jumbled mess of wriggly lines (http://www.easyfreepatterns.com/patterns/161/halloween-inspiration-on-pinterest-spoonflower-skull-and-161783.jpg) that never intersect despite their apparent randomness.

No record hall of any kind seems to be present.

Don nadie
2016-08-16, 08:09 AM
One intones a prayer to the True Divine, asking for the deliverance of wisdom, for the eyes which can see the Truth under the bright Light. This symbol, and the monster that it discovered below, worry One. They are unexpected, strange events that may become an additional obstacle in its mission.

Then, it looks once again at the altar, with great care, touching it. Before leaving, the angel pushes one of its incorporeal hands into it, searching for hidden compartments.

One casts detect magic and watches the altar a bit further. Using the incorporeal trick is kinda cool too :P

Inevitability
2016-08-17, 12:53 AM
No hidden compartments are found.

Large parts of the ceiling are collapsing now. A stone slab the size of One's upper body crashes down and falls right through the angel.

Don nadie
2016-08-17, 01:29 AM
One attempts to move the altar itself, pushing it or lifting it from its place. If it does not manage, One goes outside and lets the building fall behind it.

Inevitability
2016-08-18, 02:50 AM
One cannot move the altar, which is securely attached to the floor.

As it prepares to leave, the building completely collapses. The angel, however, is not harmed by the falling stones or clouds of dust, and simply floats above the rubble. Outside, One's followers cry out in fear, then in awe as they spot their leader unharmed.

Don nadie
2016-08-21, 09:01 PM
One raises its voice to address the multitude.

Behold, sons and daughters of a tainted world! Before you stands the rubble of falsehood! Many of you have seen it, the Truth behind their lies, the monster hidden beneath the surface. Behold the Light that shines Truth! Many of you would have died if the True Divine hadn't showed its love by binding inferior creatures to open a door for you. Behold the Mercy that opens all doors and lifts all barriers! Many of you have now seen the Power manifest. Behold the Will!

As it is speaking, the angel has begun raising in the air slowly but surely, until it is a light the congregated mass (both those faithful and those who have come to the sound of the rubble) can see from all distances.

I have come to bring you Love and Truth, if you'll only submit to the Will of the True Divine. And here it is that the True Divine commands: One opens two of its arms, using a tone much more ecstasic and solemn than usual. "Stand here, amidst the rubble of falsehood. Eat not and drink not, but postrate and pray. For prayer is more nourishing that meat, more refreshing that the water of a spring. Pray until you see the sun set, pray during the night. Pray with song when the sun raises again and pray during the hours that follow. Then, when the sun shines at the center of the sky, the Mercy of the Light will feed you."

The angel stands in silent for a second, lowering its head in thanks to the True Divine, which saw fit to save the few who could become Its faithful. Something worries the angel, however. The creature from the temple... what could it be? And how could it feed from divine energy? One fears this monster was more powerful than it seems, and wonders how many of them are there. Is every false temple not only a place of worship of false idols, but a place which feeds these festering worms? The angel knows not, and that worries it. Nonetheless, it does not show its doubt. Rather, it speaks again with its normal voice.

Hear me now, you who have seen and wish to follow, you who have been saved and wish to submit. For the Light is Love and Mercy and Truth! Postrate yourselves and pray with me.

The angel turns itself to the sun and begins a psalm, where the faithful must repeat a simple few verses while One, inspired by the Divine, lets the prayer flow. The faithful must follow. If they are not interrupted, One plans to spend until the midday of tomorrow there. It will raise their spirit by helping them abandon the chains of their bodies, and then One will provide them with the food obtained by prayer.

So, I'm back! :P Still not sure in which time zone I'm living, but I'm back.
The plan is to minister for about 24 hours. No one will drink, eat or sleep, but only pray under One's guidance. If someone raises as a particularly faithful leader, One will allow it to lead a few of the prayers. The angel will memorize some "feeding the people" spell, depending on the amount of people present. It will also give some sermons on how mankind can submit to the Will. Key concepts:
-The body and the world are prisons. Do not let their chains take you. Pain, hunger, thirst and desire are all illusions. Only the soul is pure, and only the soul can be taken.
-The sinful must be invited to repent and submit. Otherwise, they must be destroyed. Sin festers and extends, and allowing an unrepentant to exist puts the souls of the faithful at risk. The All Mercyful will redeem them in death.

Inevitability
2016-08-22, 08:00 AM
Having seen One's power, many join the celestial in prayer. No more is the celestial bothered by guards, and the night passes uneventfully.

At dawn, One uses its magic to feed the masses. While they eat their meals, a single unarmed guard slowly approaches the group, waving a flag bearing the city's coat of arms.

"Peace! I call for peace! I come bearing a request for negotiations!"

So, One is able to cast Create Food and Water six times and still have juice left for a Blinding Beauty. This would normally create food for 6 x 7 x 3 = 126 people. However, because no one eats a day's worth of food in a single meal, One can actually feed even more faithful. The actual number will probably be in the 200-300 range, which I hope is sufficient.

Also, nice speech!

Don nadie
2016-08-22, 08:39 PM
One approaches, floating about a meter and a half in the air.

And what is there to negociate, young man? Who do you represent that can claim any authority when all authority comes from the True Divine? Please, inform me, says the angel smiling softly. For no one who comes with peace will find anything other than peace amidst the faithful.

Wonderful! :P And thx about the speech... It's basically a "let's take the language out of prophet writing"

Inevitability
2016-08-23, 01:58 AM
"The... the duke wishes to speak you. I merely come bearing a message, good... sir... madam... floating person something?"

Don nadie
2016-08-23, 03:08 AM
One smiles sweetly.

You may call me One, my dear. Will you be so kind to guide me to your duke?

Before leaving, One turns to its followers.

Wait here, believers, for as the fall of falsehood did not hurt me, neither will a simple man. Wait, pray, and fast until my return.

Inevitability
2016-08-23, 05:10 AM
The quivering soldier leads One through the city's narrow streets. Some citizens avoid the celestial, others peer from half-open doorways and windows, and a few even politely bow as the angel passes by.

At last, One arrives at the keep overlooking the city, and is brought to the courtyard. Guards stand guard near the doors, as well as on the wall overlooking the yard.

From a balcony, a fat half-elf looks down upon One. A heraut standing next to him blows a horn and announces:

"All bow for Micandriel Yuzcu, Protector of Silverbark, Guardian of the East, Slayer of Werebeasts, Master of the Argent Art, Descendant of Retrus the Old and Third Heir to the Kingdom's Throne!"

The half-elf rises, and speaks in a smooth voice:

"Greetings, being of light. You have been brought here to answer several questions about your actions in my city. I suggest you answer honestly.

Why did you kill a brave knight in my service? Are you not aware that the murder of a law enforcer is punishable by death? Why do you incite riots against my rightful reign? On whose authority do you come here?"

Don nadie
2016-08-23, 07:09 AM
One does not bow when commanded, but listens to the half-elf calmly and with a soft smile on its lips. When he has finished his words, One begins to rise until it is in as high as the balcony. It rises very slowly, in as unthreatening way as it can.

I answer only with the Truth, it says softly. You call me a murderer, little king. Did you see the body of your law enforcer? Did you see their blood, their pain? I did not cut their lives, for to end a life is a sin. I gave them the embrace of the merciful Light, and they were redeemed into a life everlasting.

You call me a rioter, but I did not encourage rebellion. I encouraged then and encourage now prayer and submission to the Truth which is Love. When people followed me, your guards interfered. They tried to stop the new faithful from their joyful fellowship. I protected the faithful as a sheperd protects his herd, for their prayer is sweeter to the Divine than the obedience to any law. Then I led them to the Temple of Unity, where I exposed the falsehood of their idol. I showed the true face of their highest priest and he tried to collapse the building over us. I saved the faithful and the newly converted. Many old acolytes of the Unity now pray to the Will which is Light, the True Divine. Together we prayed and fastened over the rubble of falsehood.

Does any of this deserve to be called a riot, little king? I merely did what was asked of me, for I act under the authority of the True Divine. Under his command I heal wounds and redeem lives and save mankind from death and sin. You too may be saved, little king.

One delivers its speech soft and calm, staring at the king into his eyes.

Inevitability
2016-08-23, 09:58 AM
"Little king? You dare call me a little king? Be silent!

I do not wish to hear about your pretend god! I do not wish to hear about you destroying honest citizens! You are mad, and if unstopped the madness will bring ruin to our rich land!

I ask you one last time: will you end this pointless struggle? Will you obey me, your rightful lord? Or will you continue your rebellion, and die to the king's might?"

The guards surrounding the courtyard draw crossbows and take aim at One.

Don nadie
2016-08-23, 05:48 PM
You are blind, One answers, taking off its veil and revealing its unbearable beauty. May you find peace in the embrace of the True Divine, little king.

With that, One lets a ray of light burst towards the king.

I'm so happy about my incredibly high AC right now :D

Inevitability
2016-08-24, 11:38 AM
Despite Micandriel's attempt to duck behind his heraut, the noble is struck by the ray. He groans as the light washes over him and reduces his body to nothingness.

The heraut himself hurries into the keep, keeping himself as small a target as possible as he does so. At the same time, dozens of crossbow bolts fly at One, but they are turned aside by the celestial's sheer presence.

Yet then, a surprising thing happens. On the other side of the balcony a robed, masked individual becomes visible, who raises his hand and chants a few words in a language One has never heard. Suddenly, sticky strands of pale green webbing grow from the castle walls and entangle One, despite the celestial's incorporeal nature.

Please make a DC 16 saving throw or be entangled and unable to move as per a Web spell. Making the saving throw still entangles you, but allows you to move as a full-round action by making a DC 25 strength or escape artist check.

(See the Web spell for more details)

The wizard is 15 feet away from you.

Don nadie
2016-08-24, 06:04 PM
Reflex save: [roll0]
How long it takes the ray to recharge: [roll1]

One manages not to be entangled by the strange magical web, but still finds the effect obtrusive. The angels pulls back its entire veil, letting the Light of the True Divine radiate from itself. It attempts to advance towards the wizard and embrace him, but the magical web sticks to the flowing robe that is part of its body. One struggles, unable to move forward.

So... free action to activate aura of healing
Then I use the move action to get in front of the wizard (I'm not going to bother with str checks: half my move is still 50 feet.
Finally, I cast Greater Luminous Armor

Inevitability
2016-08-25, 12:38 AM
Once loose (either by making the initial Reflex save or a later Strength check or Escape Artist check), a creature remains entangled, but may move through the web very slowly. Each round devoted to moving allows the creature to make a new Strength check or Escape Artist check. The creature moves 5 feet for each full 5 points by which the check result exceeds 10.

Actually, you don't simply move half your speed. A strength/escape artist check is necessary, and you need a result of at least 15 if you want to get the wizard within range of your aura.

Don nadie
2016-08-25, 12:45 AM
My bad!

[roll0]

(I followed the STR = half of CHA ruling from before)

Edit: since I don't make it... mind if I change my actions a bit?

Inevitability
2016-08-25, 07:45 AM
I'm sorry, but you already spend a full-round action trying to move. Unless what you want to do is a swift or free action, I can't let you do it: having people go back on their actions after they fail at them is something I don't want to do.

If it's any consolation, remember mundane crossbow bolts can't harm you because you're incorporeal.

Don nadie
2016-08-25, 06:56 PM
No problem!

Sorry, I thought that it only took a move action trying to move, and hence I wanted to change my standard action (to try to move again XD). I'm just not very good at remembering the rules of specific spells, but now I see why web is everyone's favourite crowd control!

So, please, go ahead :D I'll edit my post to describe the situation differently

Inevitability
2016-08-26, 07:28 AM
The mage mutters a single word of arcane power and disappears, reappearing a few dozen feet away on the castle walls.

"To me, soldiers! Your bolts cannot harm this being!"

The soldiers obediently rush towards the mage, who raises his hands in preparation for another spell. One remains trapped in the ectoplasmic webs.

Don nadie
2016-08-26, 09:30 AM
One struggles once again to release itself from the web. It moves slowly and with difficulty, trying to find cover by getting into the walls (or under the floor, whatever is closer) which, hopefully, are free of the magical web.

I had just written I was going to summon my bees of DOOOM... Then I realized I had spent all my lvl 3 spells feeding the people. ****, I should've thought of that.

|1d20+4

Well, the roll in the OOC was that I got 23. I am a bit confused on the web spell description, though. I think this means I can move 10 feet? I quote: "Once loose (either by making the initial Reflex save or a later Strength check or Escape Artist check), a creature remains entangled, but may move through the web very slowly. Each round devoted to moving allows the creature to make a new Strength check or Escape Artist check. The creature moves 5 feet for each full 5 points by which the check result exceeds 10."

Inevitability
2016-08-26, 10:09 AM
One sinks into the floor, hearing the mage curse as it does so.

No sounds penetrate into the stone walls, and the soldiers' further actions remain a mystery to the celestial.

Don nadie
2016-08-27, 12:45 AM
Through the floor, One flies as fast as it can in the direction where it last saw the mage, moving into the castle walls and then up. It's aim is to get to affect him with the glorious aura of the True Divine, though the angel is not feeling entirely sure it will be successful.

I fly as a full-round action. Speed is only 30' because I fed people (remind me to never do that again), so I think I can get 60' total (if I remember correctly the wizard was at a few docen last turn).

Inevitability
2016-08-27, 08:47 AM
One exits the stone and sees the wizard standing on the walls, together with many crossbowmen. The moment they spot One, a volley of crossbow bolts is shot at the angel, but all but one are turned aside by One's grace.

Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

Attack: [roll2]
Damage: [roll3]

Attack: [roll4]
Damage: [roll5]

Attack: [roll6]
Damage: [roll7]

Attack: [roll8]
Damage: [roll9]

Attack: [roll10]
Damage: [roll11]

Attack: [roll12]
Damage: [roll13]

Attack: [roll14]
Damage: [roll15]

Attack: [roll16]
Damage: [roll17]

Attack: [roll18]
Damage: [roll19]

Attack: [roll20]
Damage: [roll21]

Attack: [roll22]
Damage: [roll23]

Attack: [roll24]
Damage: [roll25]

Attack: [roll26]
Damage: [roll27]

Attack: [roll28]
Damage: [roll29]

Attack: [roll30]
Damage: [roll31]

Attack: [roll32]
Damage: [roll33]

Attack: [roll34]
Damage: [roll35]

Attack: [roll36]
Damage: [roll37]

Attack: [roll38]
Damage: [roll39]

Attack: [roll40]
Damage: [roll41]

Attack: [roll42]
Damage: [roll43]

Attack: [roll44]
Damage: [roll45]

Attack: [roll46]
Damage: [roll47]

Attack: [roll48]
Damage: [roll49]

Attack: [roll50]
Damage: [roll51]

Attack: [roll52]
Damage: [roll53]

Attack: [roll54]
Damage: [roll55]

Attack: [roll56]
Damage: [roll57]

Attack: [roll58]
Damage: [roll59]

EDIT: Okay, one bolt hits for 8 points of damage (forgot to calculate in the +1 bonus), it seems.

Then, One reaches the guards, who explode in small orbs of light. The mage, too, is affected.

Don nadie
2016-08-27, 12:23 PM
One sighs, somewhat fearful. While the angel has overcome its enemies, the wizard was able to put it in a tricky situation. Swiftly, One goes through the things left behind by the mage, mostly interested in his mask and in any note that he may have.

Inevitability
2016-08-28, 09:53 AM
The mask seems entirely nonmagical. It's a good way to obscure one's face, but other than that unremarkable.

The wizard also left behind his blue robes, adorned with silver runes, a simple iron staff, a thick leather book and a few loose scrolls.

Don nadie
2016-08-28, 06:27 PM
One grabs the scrolls and book, not entirely certain of what they may contain. The angel feels tempted to leave, but decides to first whisper a swift enchantment to see if the staff is more than it seems. If it has a magical aura, the celestial will also take it.

One is now slightly split. On the one hand, its followers are probably waiting, and there is a real danger that they get attacked when word of the events transpires. On the other, maybe One can shorten the process by finding and sending to the True Divine other mages and generals.

In the end, the angel's sense of Good decides. One raises and flies, swiftly, to the rubble of the old temple of Unity.

Inevitability
2016-08-29, 02:46 PM
The staff and mask appear unenchanted. The scrolls, however, all seem magical, and there appears to be a lingering spell on the second page of the book.

Don nadie
2016-08-29, 06:16 PM
One then keeps those items and flies fast towards the ruins of the temple. It wants to make sure its followers are safe.

Inevitability
2016-08-30, 02:48 PM
One's followers are still where the celestial left them. Upon seeing their prophet return, they cry out in joy. The faithful flock towards One, all asking the same thing.

"What happened, Prophet? We saw a bright light from the keep: was that your doing?"

Don nadie
2016-08-30, 06:42 PM
One slowly raises at the center of its followers to speak.

It was my doing, oh faithful. Gather and listen.

I went to the keep with openness, wielding the Truth. I spoke to your little king of the True Divine, of the Light which is above kingdoms and crowns. I tried to convey that there was no revolution in our gathering, only learning and Love. Ah, but the king's ears were closed. He called me rebel, he tried to execute me. The arrows passed without touching my flesh, and even the magic of his warlocks I overcame. For it was the Will of the True Divine that I did so.

Now, the king is gone. One of his magical advisors is gone. All have joined the Light, where both sinners and faithful go to behold the face of Love. Where those who submit rejoyce in everlasting life and those who don't suffer the weight of their sheer mistake. Know this, you faithful: death in this world is nothing, matters not. What matters is how you die. Will you die submiting to the True Divine and embracing the Mercy? Or will you die clutching to this world of hunger and pain and sin? Will you defend the Truth of life everlasting, or will you embrace your gold and your position in this temporary plane?

This is the choice you have, faithful. You have seen the lies which hid under your temples, tomorrow you'll see the lies which hid under your palace. Tomorrow we'll march upon the palace and free its riches, for all the people of the city to rejoice. No longer will there be kings and peasants, guards and beggars...

Soon, this city will belong to all!

Perform: Oratory [roll0]

Inevitability
2016-08-31, 09:19 AM
The people loyal to One begin enthusiastically talking amongst themselves, speaking of freedom and joy. However, various onlookers who have heard One's message leave hurriedly, their expressions frightful.

Don nadie
2016-08-31, 06:22 PM
One nods.

If you have weapons, arm yourselves and pray. If not, merely pray. For prayer is stronger than a shield, sharper than a spear. Now, sing with me, faithful!

One spends most of the night singing softly prayers to the True Divine, while some of the humans sleep and some pray and some do both. In the morning, One sings forth a prayer to the raising sun, feeling the power of the True Divine run through its body. One's veil shimmers again, recharging the supernatural beauty which comes from being an emanation of the True Divine. With song, the angel calls forth allies of the Light, creatures made of essence and purity.

Then, they are ready.

Gonna change my spells a bit (refer to the sheet).

I use my 3 uses of DMM for:

1: Beauty spell!
2: Summon creature IV, summoning [roll0] Vivacious Giant Bees
3: Summon creature IV, summoning [roll1] Vivacious hawks

While with the followers, all the vivacious creatures are keeping the auras to themselves. Once we march, the strategy is One and the bees far ahead. The hawks will go high up and have the orders of diving on the walls as soon as they see the people have reached the doors. They will go basically moving arround soldiers with their aura active.

Inevitability
2016-09-01, 02:01 PM
The mob, now numbering in the hundreds and armed with anything from kitchen knives to looted guard weapons, begins to march towards the keep. The citizens not converted by One frightfully look at the mass as it moves through the streets, keeping their doors shut and children inside.

As One's army reaches the gates, it becomes clear the keep is undermanned, with most soldiers either annihilated by One's earlier actions or deserted. The initial sweep from the summoned celestials clears the walls, and their barrage of rays takes out several more soldiers, leaving the gate area free.

The guards not immediately affected run back inside, clearly hoping the keep's sturdy stone will protect them.

Don nadie
2016-09-01, 05:54 PM
Wait before this doors, orders One. And pray to the True Divine. Submit yourselves to Its Will. For if your faith is great enough, this corrupt institution will fall just like the temple did.

One leaves the wasp to protect its followers and with the four hawks made of pure light it goes through the door as if it were nothing but water.

Inevitability
2016-09-02, 02:18 PM
One's followers begin praying to the True Divine.

The courtyard is empty but for two panicked horses tied up outside the stables. One briefly notices eyes glancing out of one of the keep's windows, but they disappear after only a second.

Don nadie
2016-09-02, 08:45 PM
Leaving its followers behind, one goes through the door. Once in, it levitates up, going through the ceiling and entering the higher floor looking for those eyes. The four hawks follow the angel, their wings made of pure light.

Inevitability
2016-09-03, 12:55 AM
Crouched in a corner of the room is a guard, obviously afraid of the glowing beings entering through the wall. She glances at the hawks, then at One, then at the trapdoor down.

A shudder goes through the guard's body as she wimpers:

"I beg you: don't kill me! I'll do anything!"

Don nadie
2016-09-03, 02:07 AM
One smiles softly.

I would never kill you, dear child. Not even if you were a sinner like your king was. But to live one must embrace virtue, one must submit to Truth. Would you do this? If so, tell me where to find the generals, archmages and aristocrats of this palace. Then, drop your weapons and open the door to the multitude. They are your brothers, your sisters, your sons and daughters. Open the doors to them saying 'Praised be the True Divine', and join them. Because for too long you've been a tool of the powerful, used to raise walls and close doors that should never have existed.

Do this. Submit and find the Love of the True Divine.

Inevitability
2016-09-03, 02:55 PM
"Most of the higher-ups left when they noticed the duke was gone. His wife locked herself in their bedroom and refuses to come out.

There's also some soldiers looting in the lower parts of the keep, but I had no part in that, I swear! I still don't believe the duke is dead: I never saw a body!

I'll open the doors now, just let me live! I have a family!"

Don nadie
2016-09-03, 06:00 PM
One nods slowly. Worry not. You'll not die nor join the True Divine today. Open the door for your brothers. I will first take care of your colleagues'S greed.

With the hawks, One follows the soldier's instructions and goes down into the depths of the keep.

Inevitability
2016-09-04, 01:20 PM
The soldier goes to open the doors. One can hear her proclaim her allegiance to the True Divine as it moves through the floor.

There, it is just as the angel was told. An room that once must have contained beautiful furniture now contains only smashed wood and overturned tables. Cupboards have been forced open and emptied, and a vague discoloration on the wall implies a painting or tapestry used to hang there.

Don nadie
2016-09-04, 06:38 PM
One frowns, disgusted at this. One the one hand, it dislikes what these objects imply, the power that used to accumulate such things for oneself while serfs and plebs died of hunger beyond his doors. On the other, One finds the violence and breaking of it senseless. The angel turns to the celestial hawks.

My dear creatures, spawns of the True Divine's love... I have orders for you: go through the keep. When you find men or women, if they are armed and if they attempt to fight you rather than pray to the Will, give them the Redemption of the Light. Go all through this keep, make sure no more soldiers steal and break, that no more soldiers guided by ambition are allowed to escape with absurd riches. Go with the Truth.

After those orders, letting the hawks fly off, One goes upstairs to where the soldier said it'd find the former queen.

Inevitability
2016-09-06, 08:00 AM
A few screams that cut off abruptly echo upwards as One moves to the higher buildings. There, it sees three soldiers obviously trying to break open a door. One is holding a crowbar, the two others seem to be carrying a small portable ram. They're so absorbed that they don't even notice One approaching.

From behind the door, quiet sobs can be heard.

Don nadie
2016-09-06, 09:11 AM
Stop what you are doing now, and repent, One says loudly.

Inevitability
2016-09-06, 12:48 PM
The soldiers stop their attempts to break the door open immediately upon hearing the celestial's voice and turn around as one. Their eyes widen as they behold One.

"Crud! It's the glowy thing! Get away before it pops ya!"

The guards immediately turn tail and begin running down the corridor. Their tools they leave behind.

Don nadie
2016-09-06, 05:37 PM
One shakes its head, certain the soldiers will have to be dealt with but unwilling to make that effort at this time. It stares at the door for a second. Then, softly, it passes through it.

Fear not, woman, but listen: your life has not ended but begun. Open this door and join the faithful, where you will be welcomed.

Inevitability
2016-09-07, 07:33 AM
As One moves through the door, it enters a lavishly decorated bedroom. Seated on the bed is a frightened-looking woman in expensive clothing. She screams in fear as One enters and clutches the dagger in her right hand.

"Don't come closer! Don't! You killed my husband: I know you did!"

Don nadie
2016-09-07, 09:53 PM
Sorry but... I think One just passed through the door XD Maybe you want to edit the post a bit.

Inevitability
2016-09-08, 03:31 AM
Well, I seem to be on a roll today. Edited my post.

Don nadie
2016-09-09, 06:33 AM
Drop the dagger, One says. It is not merely its voice that the woman hears, but also the Will of the True Divine carried in its words. It is a command which feels hard to resist.

Once she's dropped it (or even if she hasnt) One continues:

Say, woman, who told I did such thing? Never have I killed a man or a woman or a child. Never have I harmed. Did you see my bloody hands? Did you see me slashing his body? Did you even see his body? There's more in what has happened than death. It is a revolution, yes, and the old order is being deposed... But it is a rightful one, one which has space for everyone... Including you.

Command: drop the damm weapon!
Also, roll Diplomacy to improve her attitude (making her believe we're super-duper friendly)
[roll]1d20+22
Edit: Ahem... doing my roll elsewhere

Inevitability
2016-09-09, 12:34 PM
The woman slowly lowers the dagger until it is resting on the bed next to her. Her eyes do not leave One once as she does so.

"But... but I was told you killed him! Did the heraut lie? Is my love still alive? I just don't know what to believe!"

Don nadie
2016-09-09, 06:42 PM
One smiles soflt.

Of course he is still alive, my dear child... The angel shakes its head and holds her hand. Look at me. See what I am. Do you think I am a herald of death and destruction? I am a mother and a father, I am a protector and a purifier. You all were trapped, you are still trapped: by sin, by lies, by the wealth that surrounds you. When was the last time you went to bed having met someone unexpected? When was the last time you cooked your own meals? I have come to liberate the poor from their poverty, the sick from their ilness, the rich from their wealth. Those whom I embrace will eventually live forever. It is those who lie and conspire that have brought unnecesary pain...

The angel cleans her tears.

So do not cry, child. Of course he isn't death. I can promise you he'll have life everlasting.

Inevitability
2016-09-10, 10:26 AM
The woman raises from the bed and accepts One's gesture.

"Then... can I see him? You said he's still alive!"

Don nadie
2016-09-12, 02:38 AM
One shakes its head slowly.

Not yet, it whispers sweetly.

You must be patient. He has submited to the Will of the True Divine, a Will which I represent. Before you can see him again, much must come to pass. First I need you to tell me something... Who is this heraut you speak of?

Inevitability
2016-09-13, 03:10 PM
"A heraut came to me yesterday, claiming he'd seen a great glowing beast kill my husband. I didn't believe him at first, but when the soldiers started looting, I... I just locked myself in here. I haven't seen the heraut since then: if what you say is true he must've been lying, right?"

Don nadie
2016-09-15, 05:57 PM
One shakes its head.

The heraut did not understand what he saw. I was this "glowing beast", my child. Do I seem like a monster to you? What he saw was your husband being blessed, and going somewhere else: into the embrace of the True Divine. I promise you you'll be rejoined, my dear. Your love is pure, and I'd hate to let you suffer for it.

One is honest about this. Its heart is brought low by the woman's sincere suffering. Of course it is absurd to love a human more than you love the True Divine, but mundane love is just the gateway to where all Love emanates. Perhaps One could make her understand. Still, there were priorities.

But I still must understand all that's happened here. Was the heraut a man? Is he out of the city now? And who was the masked wizard? Does the palace have any treasury that could be shared with the People?

Inevitability
2016-09-16, 05:34 AM
"I'm not sure where the heraut is: I didn't see him after he told me all that. He might've left the city: I saw many do so from my bedroom window."

"The masked wizard? You mean master Rethriel? He's a member of the Seers, the kingdom's six elite wizard who serve the king directly. Master Rethriel was here to guard my husband: brother to the king. Is he gone too?"

"There is a vault in the basement, but my husband is the only one with a key."

Don nadie
2016-09-18, 01:10 AM
The angel nods slowly. It fears these wizards may spell trouble, as one of them already did.

Do you know more about these wizards? Were they all in the palace? And, where did they go?

Inevitability
2016-09-18, 05:01 AM
"Only one of them was here. The others are probably at the capital, or traveling the land in service to the king."

Don nadie
2016-09-18, 05:04 AM
One smiles softly.

Of course. Very well then. We shall now go meet the faithful, and you will accompany me. And then, if you really want it, you may embrace the True Divine and join your husband in eternal life.

The angel extends a hand to the woman, ready to guide her to the masses of people who not so long ago entered the palace.

Inevitability
2016-09-18, 05:42 AM
One's return fills its followers, who have gathered in the courtyard for now, with joy. The sight of the duke's wife seems to confuse them, though.

Don nadie
2016-09-18, 10:10 PM
One addresses the multitude still holding the woman's hand.

Faithful! Know that today the palace has fallen, that just as the false gods crumbled so did the false crowns. Know that all are victims, and all can be saved. See here the queen, the loving wife. She sinned, as did her husband, as do all men and all women and all children. But her love for the king, which is but a shadow of the Love of the True Divine, will redeem her! She will embrace the True Divine! She will submit to Its Will! And thus, she will meet once again the man she loves, and they will be rejoined in life everlasting!

One turns to the queen.

Dear child, this is a rare chance that you have now: a chance of redemption. Speak the words of a believer. Say that you submit to the True Divine and then Its love will embrace you, bring you back to the Light from whence all comes and gift you with endless life by your husband's side.

Speak, says the angel softly.

Inevitability
2016-09-19, 05:25 AM
"I... I submit to the True Divine."

The woman eagerly looks at One, waiting for the celestial to fulfill its promise.

Don nadie
2016-09-19, 06:47 AM
One looks back at the crows.

Hear, you faithful and faithless alike! The very Queen of this land hereby accepts the Truth, the Love, the Light! Let none say that a monster took this land, that a monster broke this crown to pieces. For what broke this kingdom is the Truth, and it only did so to bring forth a better, happier land. Now the Queen shall join the True Divine and gaze in adoration. Her life shall be eternal, her joy shall be everlasting.

Let all know!

With those words, the angel touches the queen on the brow with one finger, releasing a burst of white light. The woman feels the positive energy expanding through her body, bringing forth a sense of exhilaration... Until she bursts into white light.

The angel looks at the crowd.

Have you seen, faithful? Join in joyful prayer to give thanks for the True Divine's mercy! For the city is now free!

Angel doing the political calculation that better to have someone of the crown show herself submitting to the new rule than just burst her. Also, One feels sorry for the poor woman :)

Inevitability
2016-09-19, 09:31 AM
The duchess's body bursts into light, and the peasants cheer. One of them, a muscular human wielding a halberd that probably used to belong to a guard, steps forward and speaks:

"Oh Bringer of Light, there undoubtedly are still soldiers within these walls. Let me and others of faith and resolve enter and take care of them, I request. Only then will this city truly be ours."

Don nadie
2016-09-19, 05:55 PM
No, says the angel. You shall not murder with weapons when there are more merciful options. Even the sinners may be turned to the Light. Nonetheless, all you soldiers shall come with me. One looks also for the soldier it converted, and if she is arround, One will take her with them.

One addresses again his summoned creatures, who were protecting the faithful: You shall run through the palace. Turn to the Light anyone who doesn't kneel in reverence at you and It who you represent.

While the birds clean up the palace of the last soldiers, One goes down, trying to find the vault of which the duchess spoke. While the creature dislikes the vile nature of money, it knows the need to control it... or else mankind will just forget redemption for the chance of a few silver coins.

Inevitability
2016-09-20, 10:36 AM
One's summons prove quite effective, and not a single soldier is encountered on the way down. At last, the celestial arrives at a large steel door. Various red runes that have been branded into the metal, as well as an ornate lock, indicate that opening it may be difficult.

The militia that has accompanied One murmers a bit amongst itself. A half-orc carrying a crowbar steps forward and speaks in heavily accented common:

"Do ah hafta crack that door, boss? Gonnah be a toughie, but it can be dun."

Don nadie
2016-09-20, 06:02 PM
Let me first examine this runes, my good child, for I would hate if it were a spell to harm you.

Carefully, the angel approaches. It mumbles a quick song of thanks to the True Divine, the Light which reveals, invoking Its power to detect any source of magic.

Using Detect magic
+roll Spellcraft [roll0]

Inevitability
2016-09-21, 04:46 AM
The runes are definitely magical, but One can't discern anything else about them.

The crowbar-carrying half-orc impatiently moves the crowbar from one hand to another.

Don nadie
2016-09-21, 06:12 AM
One raises its hand against the wall:

Like the shadow runs from your Light may this magic be undone by your Will.

Pure light forms at the tips of its fingers as the angel speaks, light which extends through the runes trying to disrupt their energy...

Cast "Dispel magic"
CL roll [roll]|1d20+7

Inevitability
2016-09-21, 10:03 AM
The runes slowly fade away until all that remains is the (now nonmagical) vault door.

Don nadie
2016-09-21, 04:49 PM
Now, you may use the crowbar, says One. I'll take the liberty of going ahead.

The angel lets the half-orc do his thing, and it just passes through the door to the other side of the vault.

Inevitability
2016-09-22, 03:44 AM
The room beyond the door is filled with wealth immeasurable. Stacks of gold and silver bars, piles of coins, oak barrels filled with gems, electrum statues of wealthy-looking men and women, beautifully crafted jewelry... A dragon resting on top of all it wouldn't be out of place, but no such creature can be seen.

The ceiling of the room, about twenty feet above One's head, has been decorated with four statues of winged humanoids, their hands pressed against the ceiling and feet standing on small ledges.

From outside, the very faint sounds of the half-orc trying to open the door can be heard.

The ceiling statues appear to be following One with their gaze.

Don nadie
2016-09-22, 06:55 PM
One closes its eyes, suspecting foul play, and prays to the True Divine for deliveration of power enough to deal with danger and enemies. When the angel opens its eyes again, the are fiery, bright with a light not from this world. The angel locks its gaze on the nearest statue and concentrates, sending the Light into the stone body and raising its temperature from within.

Damm me! Constructs, my archenemy!

Casting Aspect of the Celestial to get the Eyes of the Firre. Then standard action to deal 2d6 fire to the statue. Its not much damage, but its basically as far as One can go.

[roll0]

Note also that my AC is "only" 29, since I used all my lvl 4 slots on Summons.

Inevitability
2016-09-23, 09:58 AM
The nearest statue briefly glows red, and small parts of it crumble off.

For a moment, nothing happens. Then all four statues suddenly jump towards One, using their wings to nimbly carry them through the air. They twist their arms (which One now sees are tipped with claws) and try to tear the celestial to pieces.

Unsurprisingly, they pass right through One. A look of what may be surprise appears on the stone faces.

Don nadie
2016-09-23, 06:36 PM
The angel raises its hands and brings forth the power of the True Divine. A shimmering staff made of light, much like a sheperd's, appears in mid air. Directed by the magic of One, it beings to attack the creatures.

Using this modest distraction, One goes through the wall again, to the faithful.

Wait were you are, stop what you are doing! It is imperative that you give me time, for strange monsters of stone were awaiting in this room for us. I shall destroy them with the Will of the True Divine and then return to you all.

That said, One returns inside, using its gaze on the creatures.

So, I'm going with a Spiritual weapon
Weapon roll: [roll0]
Weapon damage: [roll1]
Then move out, talk to the guys, move in, use the fire again while the weapon smashes enemies arround! :D

Inevitability
2016-09-24, 05:52 AM
The stone monsters avoid the magical staff, and retreat to the ceiling. They screech in a language One does not know for a moment.

Then, one of them raises his stony hands. Its face twists to reveal an expression of mixed fear and curiosity, and it speaks in accented common:

"Wait, wait, Glowing Thing With Fire Eyes! We can help you! Don't hit us with staff!"

Four pairs of eyes watch One and the staff carefully, waiting for the former to respond.

Don nadie
2016-09-24, 06:36 AM
One is slightly surprised at this turn of events.

How can you help me? What are you and what was your duty? Speak fast, or you shall meet the fate of all who oppose the True Divine.

Inevitability
2016-09-24, 08:11 AM
The statues approach a bit now that they aren't getting burned or whacked with sticks.

"We are Gargohlos!" the talking statue exclaims, visibly having difficulty with the last word. "Long ago, Fat Human with Silver Hair came and brought us here to guard. We still guard! We thought you were thief, but you were Glowing Thing with Fire Eyes! We don't fight Glowing Things! We can help! We can guard things, and fight! Don't hurt us, Glowing Thing!"

Don nadie
2016-09-24, 10:28 AM
I shall not hurt you if I can trust on your word. Tell me now, what is this place? Is there any in this... treasure, the angel pronounces the word with its lips twisted, as if speaking of a disgusting sustance, that the king seemed specially interested in?

Inevitability
2016-09-24, 03:10 PM
The statues, which seem to consider the situation safe now, descend. Their stone claws lightly touch down on the floor.

"He comes here often! Sometimes he just looks at the metal people or shiny circles, or takes the hat with shiny stones, but sometimes he looks in the secret space!"

The statue jumps over to a corner of the room and forces its claw inside a crack. Moments later, a large portion of the floor slides away, revealing a small compartment.

Inside are a bluish empty bottle, a small golden spoon, a potion filled with silvery turbulent liquid, and a jar filled with thick yellow paste.

Don nadie
2016-09-24, 07:00 PM
This is good, the angel nods. You shall now serve me loyally, and I will make sure you are safe and rewarded. One of course has no idea of to what extent it can reward these creatures. They are not living beings and, by definition, they cannot be redeemed. The Light, simply, does not exist within them. Still, they may be helpful and useful as protection and allies. And perhaps One could even change them, the True Divine willing.

One seems to examines the items with care, trying to see if it can figure out what they are. They seem too odd an assortment to be in such a secret space for merely personal reasons, but the again One doesn't really understand how humans give attachment to objects. Would the king just keep the spoon he first used? Or is this spoon some form of magical thing? One's sight, enhaced by its prayer to the True Divine, weaves arround seeing the shape of these objects's aura, the colours of whatever magic they may have.

Having seen all of them, the angel puts these few items in its flowing tunic and examines the treasure in search of any more sources of magic. One is concentrating on this to avoid the most troubling question... how to actually use money for its Mission. The angel has no idea whatsoever, and the mere thought of engaging in buying and selling makes it feel nausea...

So... examining everything with Detect magic (still active I think from before, as it lasts 7 minutes). I'll probably have to later use Identify...

I really don't know what One could do with so much cash, though. Currently my ideas are: "throw it all into the sea, for only the True Divine can bring happiness and give goods".

Incidentally... is there any way of turning things into vivacious creatures? I'm thinking of making a few elite followers and/or of making the gargoyles a tad more useful :P

Inevitability
2016-09-25, 02:14 PM
The gargoyles, relieved to have a new protector, eagerly nod. They keep a respectful distance away from One, waiting for their master to command them.

One's spell reveals that all four items in the compartment are magical, but none of the room's other items are. The stone beings do not detect as magical either.

Please make a spellcraft check to determine the items' schools.

Maybe use the treasure as decoration for a giant temple to the True Divine? Or maybe construct a dungeon and scatter the treasure randomly to lure adventurers in. :smalltongue:

As for a ritual to create Vivacious creatures, I'm a bit torn on that. On the one hand, you wouldn't be the first PC I gave the ability to have some ritually altered minions, but Vivacious is pretty powerful as far as templates go. Maybe we can brew up a 'lesser vivacious' template and let you apply that to other beings?

Don nadie
2016-09-25, 06:48 PM
One examines the objects more thoroughly, trying to understand what they do. As for the remaining treasure, One feels as astute as the gargoyles, unable to graps why some pieces of metal are more valuable than others. Still, it knows they are. Mankind sins for them.

Lesser vivacious would be alright with me. Maybe take off the Incorporeal and just have the fast healing and the turning other people to light? It is mostly so that I can speed up the apocalypse! Alternatively, a ritual to make the region burst into light would also be ok...

Spellcraft [roll0]

Inevitability
2016-09-26, 02:42 PM
The blue bottle has few remarkable features. It's a simple, air-filled bottle: nothing else as far as One can see. The magic infused in it appears to be Transmutative in nature.

The spoon, golden and set with a few cheap gems, has been enchanted with Conjuration magic. A drop of thick gooey paste fills it.

The potion, too, appears enchanted with Conjuration magic. As One takes a closer look, they see that small, differently-colored parts of the fluid randomly shift position, warping from one location in the bottle to another.

Finally, the yellow paste, which is also enchanted with Conjuration spells, seems to be glowing with the faintest possible light, similar in appearance to One's aura though obviously weaker.

Don nadie
2016-09-27, 11:25 PM
One is quite curious as to why the King would keep these items, but to learn their properties, the celestial will have to proceed with more caution. Calmly, One takes the item with itself. Then, it addresses the gargoyles.

Until further notice, you all shall keep this treasure guarded. You shall not let any man, woman or child touch it. If anyone enters this room without me, you shall defend the treasure.

With that, the angel passes through the door again to see the allies led by the half-orc.

Inevitability
2016-09-28, 10:01 AM
The gargoyles nod upon hearing One's command: guarding these items is what they've done for a long time: a certain relief seems to come with the fact that their new master has no new commands.

The half-orc enthusiastically calls out upon seeing One again.

"Boss! I heard a lotta noise from tha' door: did tha old geezer offa duke haf some thingies guardin' it? Do I hafta smash 'em?"

Don nadie
2016-09-28, 07:42 PM
Do not worry, my dear, says One softly. Just as so many have been turned from their sinful ways, the guardians of the treasure too have joined our True Cause. I must ask you now to guard the outside of this door just as they will guard the inside. There's much within, and I need someone with a pure soul to keep others from the temptation of wealth... Will you be this one?

One speaks looking into the half-orc's eyes, its words carrying the sweetness of a mother. Once the half-orc has been put in command, the angel flies back to its followers, ready to organize the fate of this city after the fall of their government. First, it wants to meet again with the well-spoken woman who had found herself as a sort of leader of the newly converted. Then, One needed to find new allies, some to organize the distribution of food and drink and to make sure people actually were submitting to the Will of the True Divine.

Inevitability
2016-09-29, 02:35 PM
"Ya want me to keep this here door locked? I readya, boss. Gotta keep rats from sneaking off with tha good stuff, hah?"

With the orc in charge of keeping the door closed on pain of crowbar-smacking, One leaves the building. Finding the woman is quickly accomplished: she is talking with another woman amongst the mass in the courtyard. Upon seeing One return, she and many others turn towards the shining being.

Don nadie
2016-09-29, 06:21 PM
That is exactly what I want. Thankfully, between your help and that of the guardians within, I am sure this will be safe.

---------

Dear sister, I need of someone who understands the needs of the population and has a mind for organization. We must make sure those who have accepted the True Divine are properly fed and clothed, that poverty is erased from this newly free land... Do you think you'd be able to handle such task?

Inevitability
2016-09-30, 11:36 AM
"I do. You need but tell me what is to be done and I shall obey."

Don nadie
2016-09-30, 06:26 PM
Then, dear sister... You will be given access to the palace's treasury and its logs. Take those you believe have the True Faith and use them to distribute food and drink amongst those who have accepted the True Divine. Those who remain unmoved by our truths, sadly, will have to fend for themselves.

Once this is decided, One takes her to the treasury, showing her to the half-orc and, later, the gargoyles. She is the only one that can enter and take some of the coin.

Inevitability
2016-10-01, 12:44 PM
The half-orc accepts his duty as guard.

"Don't ya worry, boss, I ain't gonna let any'un pass but this pretty lady. Can I pick some mates to help me guard?"

The woman, too, is content with the duty bestowed upon her by One. However, a minor problem surfaces.

"Great One, how am I to open this door? It is locked tightly. Is there a key?"

"I can break this here door open if ya need to. Anything for a pretty lady, huh?"

Don nadie
2016-10-01, 08:18 PM
One nods calmly.

Yes, my child. You're finally allowed to break this lock. I will also instruct the kind monsters that guard the treasure from within that only you are allowed to take gold out of here. The angel looks at them both calmly. It is only because of both of you that the people of this city, the newly faithful, will be fed. I and the True Divine are trusting the good in your souls, that you will be able to provide and protect, to be the best for those of the Faith.

One lets the half orc open the door and teaches the gargoyles that they must let this woman take gold. If nothing unexpected comes to pass, the angel spends the rest of the day finding a few faithful of particularly burning eyes whom he wants to turn into preachers.

Once the night of preaching passes and the sunrise comes, One will ask the True Divine for knowledge. Its power bursting through the celestial, One will then sing prayers examining the magical items under a new light.

So, those are my plans for the next time... And on sunrise I memorize several Identify (from being a cloistered cleric) to check out what the items actually do.

Inevitability
2016-10-02, 05:46 AM
The half-orc eagerly goes to work on the lock, but even so it takes him a good time before the door finally budges.

It isn't long before One sees groups of worshippers leaving the fortress carrying various valuables, which they then use to buy food which is distributed amongst the faithful. A few return with something even more valuable: converts. The new worshippers are quick to swear fealty to One.

That night, One preaches to many of the faithful, its radiance illuminating the darkness. Many rejoice.

The blue bottle will always be filled with clean, fresh air, no matter what place it is brought to. (Bottle of Air)

The spoon will fill any container it is placed in with nutritious (if bland) food, enough to feed up to four people a day. (Sustaining Spoon)

The potion can teleport its drinker a short distance. (Potion of Dimension Leap at CL 3).

The salve is a potent healing item, able to heal wounds or cure diseases and poisons. Five applications are left in the jar. (Restorative/Keoghtom's Ointment)

Can we skip ahead a few days? I don't think we need to roleplay every conversation One has organizing the city. Just give some general policies.

Don nadie
2016-10-02, 11:03 PM
One keeps the magical items with itself, considering that it may come in handy through its trips. The next few days the celestial keeps itself busy organizing the newly liberated city.

One receives the newly faithful in the former throne room, which has been cleaned of all jewlery, the decoration substitutited by mere lamps and candles. Those who enter create infinite shadowy shapes which follow and imitate their movements like dark echoes. One alone creates no shadow, its body illuminating stronger than any lamp. There, the angel organizes the new city.

First One takes some of the converts and teaches them the beliefs of the True Divine. They are ordered to become preachers and to make all submit to the Will of the Light. They will be the footsoldiers in this war. They will distribute food and healing to those who need it, as long as they follow the Truth. It is primary for One that it becomes apparent: pain and suffering diminish the more one submits to the True Divine. Once a day, One makes a walk to the poorest neighbourhoods, distributing healing and liberation. All who believe will receive blessings.

Those who fail to believe will be put in the palace, where One and others keep them without food or drink beyond basic survival and keep preaching to them the Truth. One feels saddened at this, but knowing as it does that the pain of the body is nothing compared to the eternal pain of a soul that fails to accept the Truth, does it nonetheless.

Wondering about the wizards of the king, One attempts to gain more information about them and the country. How many nobles remain? What is known about them? One is also interested in contacting other wizards and priests of the city, making them submit to the Will or be turned into shining light. With those who comply, One studies and discusses. There must be a way to open the body of the faithful to the Light, a way to cleanse the souls of others and, at the same time, create a gap into this world through which the Light can pass. A gap much like One itself is...

Finally, One takes care to make public appearances and public preaches often enough. Every sunrise, the angel can be seen distributing food with the others and then, as everyone eats, it preaches the Truth.

So... these are more or less my current concerns and the way of organizing things...

Inevitability
2016-10-03, 02:53 PM
One assumes reign of the city. Food is purchased for a fairer price than it used to be, and the faithful share it evenly. Many join One's worshippers.

However, not all do. Many people, including a great amount of priests from other faiths, reject One's new rules. And so, a mere day after the celestial's victory over the unbelievers, distraught followers storm into the throne room.

"Great One! Great One! A priest of the heretical Sect of the Gleaming Truth lashed out at us when we came to him! He had his followers wound me and knock out another: we could only barely escape. Come quickly!"

Did not exactly expect this, so the skipping ahead will have to wait a bit.

Don nadie
2016-10-03, 06:25 PM
With no hesitation, One follows. It is sad and distressed: why would anyone forget and ignore the Truth?

Inevitability
2016-10-04, 12:37 PM
The Chapel of Gleaming Truth is located at a plaza in a wealthier neighborhood. Across it, a few of One's disciples stand, watching the large building fearfully.

In front of the building, a half-elvish man stands, his age around a hundred years. A golden necklace adorns his neck, and a silver headband has been placed on his balding head. In one of his hands is an ornate yet sharp knife, in his other the unmoving body of a recent convert of One: a boy around seventeen years of age.

Upon seeing One's radiant presence, the balding man simply smiles.

"Ah, madam One - or should I say sir? I'd like to congratulate you on your new leadership position here: quite impressive how you get the smalfolk to back you. Then again, I suppose disintegrating everyone who disagrees with you must have played no small part. I, for one, do not fancy such a fate, so please come no closer than you are now. I imagine you would not want to be known as the one whose recklessness caused a boy's death."

"With these pleasantries out of the way, I have a less happy announcement to make: I and my companions will be leaving this town due to changes in the... political and religious climate. Nothing personal, I assure you. Too bad those peasants you send here didn't understand that. One of them even threatened to throw me in the dungeons for wanting to relocate: the nerve! I had no choice but to have my associates teach them a lesson or two."

"However, I'm nothing if not fair. Bring a wagon filled with gold to this square within the hour, and I'll be able to leave without further violence. I'll even return your impudent worshipper once I'm well on my way."

"Of course, I rather wouldn't have you leave my sight, so please stay where you are. As an old man, my hands may get a bit shaky and slip without the comforting sight of your presence: that would be rather unpleasant."

A sly smile crosses the man's face: the smile of someone evil, someone who thinks he has the situation under his absolute control.

"If you would be so good as to give some commands now: the sooner all this is done the better."

Don nadie
2016-10-04, 07:23 PM
One shakes its head slowly. It seems saddened by the situation.

You filthy, stupid sinner. What makes you think the life of one boy is worth an injustice? A convert who dies for his faith is bound to join the True Divine in harmony and happiness, in life everlasting. Drop your knife and surrender, and you may still be given a chance to convert. Do not and I promise you that the pain which will befall you will be the closer anyone can get in this shade of life to the punishment of the True Divine after death.

If one is close enough, it will in fact shoot a ray of positive energy at the boy, making sure that he joins the Light rather than die under a man's knife.

Inevitability
2016-10-05, 10:02 AM
"Come now, let's not stoop to that level. Your fanaticism may work on desperate peasants, but I'm not convinced. Given what I've heard about you, I have this feeling any 'conversion' will end with my death, which I'll pass on."

"That said, the sun stops for none. You know my requests, please see to them in time."

One is currently not close enough for any ray-shooting: the half-elf is about 80 feet away. Of course, they're free to lunge forward and try to be faster.

Don nadie
2016-10-05, 08:50 PM
One nods. Very well, it says. Inmediately after its words, One launches itself forward, flying fast towards the cleric. Bright light comes through from the angel, its beauty blinding those too close to it. As the angel comes nearer, it launches a ray of light towards the boy.

Ok... rolling init [roll0]

I move 30', putting the cleric in range of my blinding beauty (DC Fort 25). I also attack the boy with a ray of positive energy.

Inevitability
2016-10-06, 01:33 PM
[roll0]

"Wh... damn it!"

The half-elf watches One speed towards him. In a swift flourish, the boy's throat is cut, and his body drops to the ground. The half-elf then turns and runs towards his chapel as fast as he can, muttering curses as he does so.

Actions have consequences, mister nadie. :smalltongue:

It's now your turn. I'm going to assume the actions you took aren't the ones you'd be taking if this is what happened.

Don nadie
2016-10-06, 06:57 PM
Damm my bad rolls! Still, this is the apocalypsis... What does one boy matter?

As the boy writhes in agony, his last sight is of an infinitely beautiful creature passing him. One does not stop, but it glances at the boy and seems to smile kindly. There's tears down its eyes, but the boy couldn't say: are they tears of sadness? Of fury? Positive energy enters into his body, but likely is unable to heal it. One raises its hands to the sky, praying at the True Divine for deliverance and help. The Light is now Justice, and Justice shall bring death onto the sinners. A band of birds made of pure light descend from the sun, ready to help the angel.

One orders them to follow it at some distance, surrounding the angelic figure.

The angel will use its first action to move to the boy. One has the auras of beauty and healing active (though I think a coup de grace cannot be saved from with that). One then summons a [roll0] Vivacious hawks made permanent with DMM. With that, they enter the temple, the hawks surrounding One in a 15' circle.

Inevitability
2016-10-07, 03:23 PM
While One's magic can't save his life, the boy dies with a smile on his face.

The chapel's front room is lavishly decorated with comfortable benches and murals. A great silver statue of a fat, eight-armed humanoid stands near the back of the room, a gemstone set in each of its hands.

One can hear vague hoofbeats some distance away.

Don nadie
2016-10-07, 07:28 PM
One is not amused at these circumstances. It orders the eagles to go on in opposite directions, passing through walls, and returning to One if they find anything. The angel raises its voice in a prayer to the True Divine, asking for its protection and its fury. Once more, One's eyes become beacons of flaming power, while layers of sheer light cover its shape. One, calmly, stares at the statue. The light shines stronger from its eyes and the face of the creature melts. As it does so, One speaks aloud for all the temple to hear.

Know here, sinners, that you have hereby spoiled your chance at redemption. Know that he who kills a faithful has killed all of them, and his punishment will be infinite. Know that the Will is now the Wrath and I am its deliverance. Those of you who submit will be allowed to be turned into the Light, for the True Divine to judge you as It pleases. Those of you who do not I will make sure suffer my punishment in this world before the Will's judgement.

The One looks behind him, to make sure the door is locked.

This said and done, One goes in the direction of the noise, or in any direction that its eagles propose.

So... The eagles go through walls to scout for about 3 turns. If they find anyone, One will go in that direction. Meanwhile, One casts Aspect of the celestial (with DMM) for fiery eyes and Greater Luminous Armor (which is possibly the best buff in the world). It also uses another action to melt the face off the statue. If the door is not blocked, it will probably use another to melt it, so that nobody can come in or get out.

Then, movement!

Also, I will not be answering over till Sunday. I'm off to see mountains and wild horses! :D Apparently, these are the same species Genghis Khan used to conquer the world... and they are basically PONIES. Bloodthirsty conquering ponies!!!

Inevitability
2016-10-08, 01:37 AM
A few seconds after melting the statue, one of the hawks returns. Past the wall it went through is a small chamber, this too lavishly decorated. Inside is a woman in expensive clothing cowering beneath a (clearly expensive) table.

"Please don't kill me! Please don't kill me! I haven't done anything!"

Don nadie
2016-10-10, 08:15 AM
Speak woman. Confess. What false idol do you worship, who is your leader, and what can you tell me of this temple.

One demands answers rather than asking for them, its usually kind and motherly demeanour turned into this newfound fury. Its eyes burn with the Will that is the Wrath, for the sins of mankind may sometimes be beyond redemption. This temple will be purged too. The angel, however, wonders if this temple too is like the last one, if here too it will find a leech of faith...

Inevitability
2016-10-12, 12:51 PM
"I... I'll tell you!

We serve He of the Coin, supreme god of wealth and commerce. I... I was taught to... I didn't know, I mean...

Our leader! He ran through here just now and I wanted to ask him what was happening but then he was gone! I don't know where he's going!

The temple is just a temple! We sacrifice to He of the Coin here, and we pray, and we pay tribute..."

Don nadie
2016-10-12, 06:10 PM
One nods slowly. Part of it, the Light which is Love, feels sorry for this woman. Brought probably with promises of gold and power, taken in a cult. Would she have held the dagger against the faithful? But at this moment, One is the Light which is the Fury. He calmly extends a hand towards her.

You don't deserve to redeem in this world, but I shall not punish you here either. May the True Divine have mercy on you.

From One's hand bursts light, reaching the body of the woman and making her feel the extasis, then the obliteration.

Now One begins to slide once again through walls and doors, seeking the priests with the two shimmering birds by its side. The angel feels disgusted at this place. At least the Temple of Unity had some sliver of Truth within its beliefs. This, however, is a temple to gold and commerce, to all that is false in this world. This is a temple which must burn.

Inevitability
2016-10-13, 01:56 AM
One comes across two more scared priests, who have little new to tell the angel. The temple seems to be empty except for them, though a number of valuable items (coins, gems, paintings) are stored in various hidden compartments.

Don nadie
2016-10-14, 08:51 PM
One faces the priests in all its blinding glory.

Tell me about your leader. The man who just killed a boy at the door of this very temple. Speak now.

It is feeling something new: fury. The wrath of injustice, of a man who has sinned so terribly getting away with it. One shall find him and it shall destroy him. This temple, too, shall be brought down. It's riches melted, its priests burned in the Light. The emotions are rushing through the angel, making it feel both drunk and scared of itself.

Inevitability
2016-10-15, 03:06 AM
"His... his name is Maximilian Bercu. He has been our high priest for over a decade now. We don't know where he is: please spare us!"

One of the priests decides not to wait for One's response to the plea. He lunges for the door and wrenches it open.

Don nadie
2016-10-15, 04:02 AM
One's eyes open in response, the fury of the True Divine bursting through.

[roll0] fire damage

Inevitability
2016-10-15, 04:51 AM
The priest screams as he catches on fire. The man falls forward, trying to crawl through the door, but fails and collapses, breathing uneasily.

His colleague stares wide-eyedly, any thoughts of making a run for it clearly gone from his mind.

One is totally turning psycho before the end of the month, aren't they? :smalltongue:

Don nadie
2016-10-15, 07:55 AM
One's eyes become softer, the glow again an amber that could burst any second.

You, sinful men, are guilty. By associating with sin and the worshipping of idols. You are... You are monsters. All of you are monsters.

One feels the agitation inside its chest, no longer talking to them, talking only to itself and its god. Are they monsters? Has it just... killed? Really, truly killed? The angel brings one of its hands to its cheeks, it feels the weight of the black stone its two useless arms are carrying, it feels the tears running into its fingers. Is this the reason behind the Light? Is this the reason behind itself? Is mankind, in the end, past redemption? One is uncomfortable at the emotions it feels. It extends one hand to the burned and lets the light burst, closing the wounds and the skin, filling his body with new-found energy. The One speaks again, trying to be more calm and controlled.

This can be your punishment. You both rejected the Light when it was offered, you did not accept the lies you've believed, the falsehood of your idols. If I so choose - One does not realize it is using the I, instead of refering to the Will of the True Divine - you will burn and heal for days unending. The Light is Peace, Love and Life Everlasting. The Light is also Judgement and Wrath. You shall now leave this temple. You shall go to the former palace, speak to one of the Faithful, and accept the penance they impose of you. You shall abandon your false gods. You shall tell all and share all. Most important, you shall give burial to the boy your high priest murdered at the doors of this very temple.

One is breathing agitated, its heart is pounding, its demands coming one after another, carried away by fury rather than reason, an incontrolable torrent. Can a sinful man, a murderer... Can he escape? Is there no Justice in this material world? It has to control itself not to turn them to ashes. It whispers again a prayer to detect magical auras, trynig to find a secret, a way for it all to be a careful trickery the Truth can reveal. It finds little in this room.

Now go, it says. You shall find some of the faithful at the square. Give yourselves over.

It takes One a few minutes to calm itself. The priest has escaped, or so it seems. It will now go out into the city, ask the citizens to turn him in in exchange for great wealth. But first One goes again through the temple, lost in thought, endlessly anxious, seeking still magical auras with only a inch of hope. It sends the few remaining priests out, to the square with the others. Then, One walks the room and its eyes burn the tapestries, the silk, the wood, the furniture, the luxurious paintings.

All shall go, purified by the Light.

You and I both knew that One was a ticking bomb XD

Inevitability
2016-10-16, 03:44 AM
Small fires erupt as One moves through the temple. Statues are defaced, furniture set aflame, and idols are melted. Various acolytes can be seen fleeing the building, whether instructed to by One or not.

No more magical aura's are detected by One.

Don nadie
2016-10-16, 11:30 PM
One leaves the burning temple behind, its eyes still flaming. Out in the square, the angel addresses the crowd and the terrified priests that have escaped the inferno.

People of the city! These men worshiped a false god. They and their leader, Maximilian Bercu, refused the chance of converting to the Light. Instead, they attempted blackmail, kidnap and murder: the life of one of the faithful for the riches which feed the city and freedom from the city's laws. Maximilian Bercu has escaped, betraying his faithful and showing only the treacherousness of false worship.

Let it be known to the faithful: the man or woman who brings information about Maximilian Bercu, former High Priest of this false Church, will receive the Blessings of the True Divine, both in this life and in the true life everlasting.

Let it be known to the faithful: these former priests of a false idol will now be charged to clean the rubble of their temple. They will be indentured servants to the True Divine until death falls upon theim and pay for their sins with their sweat. May the True Divine have mercy of them and, through their struggle, may they redeem their souls before Its Light.

Let it be known to the faithful: those who refuse to convert and persist in the adoration of false idols shall not receive food, help nor healing from the city. They faithful shall close their doors to them. Those who attempt to disrupt the services of the faithful, those sinners who try to steal food from faithful mouths, those who persist in becoming an obstacle to Truth... They shall all receive the same treatment as these disgraced men: their possesions shall be taken, they shall become indentured servants of the Church.

Let all of this be known, to the faithful and the sinners.

True Good character turning True Psycho Good :D

Incidentally: Perform (oratory) roll [roll0]

Inevitability
2016-10-17, 12:39 AM
The people silently hear One's words.

Don nadie
2016-10-17, 01:54 AM
After that, One returns to the palace, encouraging people on the way to follow it for further prayer. The angel spends the next day, unless something terrible happens, deep in adoration of the True Divine. One seeks answers. The people of this land are weak, both in body and in spirit.

So... how about we return to the issue of turning some people into lesser versions of vivacious creatures? If you think Incorporeal is too op (and I'd be prone to agree), maybe having incorporeality a few rounds/day, and gaining the positive energy aura and ray (plus positive energy adaptation) could be less awe-inspiring?

Inevitability
2016-10-17, 08:01 AM
As One prays, a strange thing starts to happen. Light begins to leak through all things nearby, as if they are being illuminated from within. Bit by bit, the brightness intensifies, until all that remains visible is the blinding radiance. The sounds of the faithful fade away, as does the city's smell and the feeling of the air blowing through One.

As One's eyes adapt to the light, the being can make out vague shapes moving through it. Some are humanoid, others look like One, others again don't seem to have a shape at all.

One place, however, doesn't have the shapes moving through it. From this area in the 'sky' where nothing but pure light radiates from, a single word sounds: commanding attention from the celestial.

"One."

Don nadie
2016-10-17, 09:55 AM
One's essence shudders in awe at the Presence. The Light is too pure, tainted as One is by its descend into the material. One can feel the sin of existence burning in presence of this pure Truth, the weight of matter dragging it down. The angel, however, cannot feel shame. Its entire essence is to busy feeling the ecstasis of the Presence.

I am here, in awe of the True Divine.

Inevitability
2016-10-18, 11:59 AM
"One. Where once was bleakness, now is Light. This is your doing."

"Even so, much darkness still exists. Through you it shall be gone. This has been proclaimed."

One suddenly finds its powers and knowledge expanded, as if placed in its soul by an invisible hand.

Please advance One to ECL 11.

For the Ritual of Envivication to be performed, the participant must spend 24 hours fasting and praying. Diamond dust worth 1000 GP is then sprinkled over the participant, who must then be introduced to a positive-dominant environment (the energy ray and aura of a vivacious creature are both viable substitutes), which consumes the diamond dust. The participant will then briefly discorporate, only to return fully healed and with the Lesser Vivacious template 24 hours after.

If the participant is not a true believer of the True Divine, they do not return after disintegrating. The diamond dust is still lost.

Lesser Vivacious is an acquired template that can be added to any corporeal aberration, animal, dragon, fey, giant, humanoid, magical beast, monstrous humanoid, outsider, plant, or vermin that worships the True Divine.

Size and Type. When not in the True Divine's domain, the creature gains the Extraplanar subtype. Size is unchanged.

Special Qualities.

Divine Touch (Su). As a standard action, a Lesser Vivacious creature can touch a creature and heal it for 1 HP. This is a positive energy effect, and as such damages undead.

Call of the True Divine (Su). Once per day, when touching a living creature that has all of its hit points, a Lesser Vivacious creature can force said creature to make a Fortitude saving throw or be discorporated as if in a positive-dominant environment.

Positive Adaptation (Ex). Lesser Vivacious creatures do not exceed their full normal hit points or need to make Fortitude saves due to being in a positive-dominant environment. In addition, they are not affected by a Vivacious creature's Positive Energy Ray or Positive Energy Aura.

Ability Scores. Constitution +2, Charisma +2, intelligence is at least 3.

Challenge Rating. As base creature +1.

Level Adjustment. As base creature +1.

If the template seems a bit underwhelming: rest assured. It'll expand in power as One levels up. This will retroactively power up Lesser Vivacious beings created now.

Don nadie
2016-10-18, 06:49 PM
One feels the joy goes beyond the bounds of its current body. The Joy fills it, the Exstasy of the Presence makes One feel like its essence is being torn in glorious, happy obliteration. For the first time since it acquired consciousness over the mountain as an emanation of the True Divine, One feels peace.

This feeling of course passes. The memory does not. It is the Will that One face this world and purify it for the Light. It is the Will that One face death like that of the young faithful and the betrayal of the priest. And now One knows it shall be done.

Armed with the new knowledge, One seeks some of the faithful. It knows on whom to bestow the power of the True Divine. Chief among them is the woman now in charge of organizing the faithful. One also tries to locate a few of the priests it saved from the temple of Unity, believing some of them at least must be veritable followers of the True Divine. Then, One will try to locate some diamond dust in the palace's treasury... The knowledge burns in its mind, and One feels the desire to share its newfound power.

Yay!

So, shall I take the next level of the Saint template or shall I advance class? The template is awesome, and mostly means One is going to have unbeatable AC :D But class levels mean One's healing will be Empowered XD

Also, what's the name of the lady in charge of logistics? XD Once she's turned into a lesser vivacious, I might make call for a test of faith amongst the population of the city. The template is not too strong, but having more people able to distribute healing to the sick will be useful, more so if they can every now and then just destroy those who deserve.

Once I have a few followers, it is time to expand beyond the capital :) And hunt the remaining nobles for purification reasons

Inevitability
2016-10-19, 11:06 AM
The organizer woman, who One knows is named Yethra Relthu, is busily inventorying the treasury's contents. Several of the items have been decorated with diamonds, and on a small shelf a few more of the gems lie. The exact value of the diamonds alone seems to lie around 20000 GP.

My personal advice: template. Empowered healing is cool, but most of One's healing is done with their Vivacious abilities, and immunity to disease isn't doing much for them either.

Don nadie
2016-10-19, 07:35 PM
One seems bright, perhaps because of the power imparted upon it by the True Divine or maybe just because Its Word makes One feel it is doing the right thing.

Dear Yethra, it is time. The True Divine has blessed me with knowledge. I will soon leave this city for a time, to seek out our enemies and convert the faithless. For if they aren't given the chance, how can they embrace Redemption? But before I do, I will ensure you and the faithful are safely protected. Put the diamonds of the treasury aside, and get them crushed into dust and brought to me. Then, next sunrise, you shall come to me washed and naked. You shall come to me pure and dressed but by your soul.

By sunset, Yethra arrives to find the throne room empty save for One. Numerous tiny motes of light dot the ceiling, reminding of the nightsky. One is waiting for her, holding in its hands a simple orb of glass. Before its entrance, One has gven itself time to pray to the True Divine for inspiration, so that its words may be the words of the Light.

My darling, you have been chosen. By the Glory of the True Divine you have been chosen as the first of all your kin, and you shall be blessed by Its hand so that you may better help your people. It is you who will protect this city in my absence, leading the hungry to their feasts, the wounded to their health and all sinners to Redemption. You shall be the first Light, the first of your people to be saved. More will come, and we shall choose them together. But you are the first of mankind to be called by the Light. Will you embrace it?

Yes...

Then let us pray and fast. Let us meditate on the nature of Divinity. I shall teach you all the lessons you may ask of me, and I shall ensure that your faith is true.

They spend the next day in deep meditation, prayer and theological conversation. One tests the depth of her faith and her knowledge, trying to make sure Yethra will please the True divine. As the next sunrise comes closer, the woman is tired and hungry, her lips parched. The light of the sun enters through the window and One smiles full of love.

My dear, it is time. One whispers prayers in Celestial and takes out a tiny golden chalice which has been filled with diamond dust. As One sings the prayers, it sprinkles with two of its free hands the dust over Yethra. You shall now receive the Light's warm embrace, and you shall come a new woman. After this, I will be able to call you "sister", the angel adds in common.

With these words, One takes off its veil. All of it. The beauty is blinding, the light pouring from One's body and filling the woman with exhilaration. She vanishes, only to return. One smiles at her and embraces her.

You have been Redeemed and are now Sister Yethra. It is the Will that, much like me, you shall suffer the indignities of the material world for longer, so as to guide others to the Light. You shall feed them, dress them, teach them. One whispers a prayer and the orb of glass begins glowing from within with a tiny spark of the True Divine's power. Take this as a focus and a memmory, as a sacred symbol. Those who see the globe will know you are one of the True Divine's people. Once I'm gone, pray to it, use it as a focus so that your faith may reach the True Divine.

Do you have any question?

So... sorry if I take a bit too much for granted, but again I'd rather accelerate the scene rather than wait for you to have Yethra say yes. If she wouldn't... Let me know! I'll edit the post XD

Now, One has cast Glowing orb to give Yethra a little "you-just-turned-to-light" gift. It's 50 gp, but I think we can afford it :P In fact, One is probably going to use it to give the city (or at least the palace) fire-free illumination :P

During the speech, One has used Guidance of the Avatar, to make sure it is convingcing and raises Yethra's spirit. Main issue is to bring her to a state of fervor.

Next step: finding other 19 faithful to make them all sisters and brothers :P

Oh, and btw... I follow your advice and take the template. Now One has a literally monstruous AC.

Inevitability
2016-10-19, 11:36 PM
The ritual ends with the glorious disintegration of Yethra into a million fragments of radiance, which seconds later join again to reform the now-blessed woman.

"I have seen the Light." Yethra whispers softly. Then she seems to regain her composure a bit.

"I have no questions, great One. I'll aid the people as well as I can as I am now. Your leaving saddens me, but it is to be accepted. All shall proceed as you instructed."

Oh, and btw... I follow your advice and take the template. Now One has a literally monstruous AC.

Just how high can it be n... *checks sheet*

I believe the expression 'holy crap' is fitting in multiple ways here. :smalltongue:

Ah well, it wasn't like One was particularly hittable before this.

Don nadie
2016-10-20, 12:56 AM
I know... CHA as deflection + CHA as sacred + WIS as insight... It's just ridiculous.

Well, I still think the gargantuan servant of a monster-god can probably eat up a phantom like this. And if not, the phantom certainly can do nothing against it, having pretty much 0 means of attack beyond "I try to turn you into light" XD Are the other two still playing hide and seek?

One nods.

As is to be expected. The Light has all the answers. Know only that even if I part now, we'll be forever together, if not in this world in the world to come.

One then invites her to follow, the angel sliding softly over the ground. It opens the door and they walk together towards the outside, seeking the same balcony from whence once the lord of this country spoke. One is looking out, towards the city. Look at it. Rotten to the core, but so full of souls that just need a chance to be redeemed... The angel seems to meditate for a moment, then turns to Yethra. Before I go, I must ensure the city can survive without me, One says in a whisper. We must find other 19 who have True Faith, who believe in the Will. They shall undergo the same ritual you did, embracing the Light and being embraced by it. Would you have some names in mind? Men and women with an absolute belief in our mission?

Inevitability
2016-10-22, 03:16 PM
Yethra is confident at least a dozen of the worshippers are fit to receive this blessing, and goes to find them. While this is happening, other faithful come forward on their own accord, having heard about Yethra's transformation. Amongst the second group is the half-orc One assigned to guard the treasury.

Nope: Malkarim politely asked Darkova to leave, and the latter did. I know it sounds like I'm kidding, but I'm really not.

Don nadie
2016-10-22, 05:57 PM
One is slightly surprised. It was not expecting the half-orc to be so faithful. The angel makes sure to make them all understand: the transformation is irreversible, and those whose faith is lacking will never return from the Light. If they are still willing, One will spend a few weeks training them in the worship of the True Divine and, eventually, have the same ritual with them one after another. All are given a globe of light and a blessing.

Meanwhile, One asks his servants to get as much intelligence as possible on the former ducal family and the aristocracy. Where are they hiding? What are their forces? And their army? Does the capital have defenses? The angel would not like to leave only to find the city overtaken in its absence.

These monsters of divine might are so kind... I'm sure they also invited each other for tea.

Inevitability
2016-10-23, 12:52 PM
Nineteen more faithful (including the half-orc) are trained and educated, and all successfully undergo the ritual. The twenty chosen accept their duties of overseeing the city while One is gone.

Information about the nobles is quite easy to obtain. Many a former worker in the keep is willing to tell One what they know if it means staying friendly with a celestial able to disintegrate them with a gesture.

The duke had no family living in this city beyond his wife, but in the capital (as well as a few other major cities) family members of him ruled. Most important of them is of course the duke's brother: king Retrus Yuzcu IV.

The capital is well-defended. At least two Seers stay there at all time, and the king has a sizable army. In addition, it is rumored he is not above using assassins to eliminate important enemies.

I'm now seriously wondering how one would serve Darkova tea. Fill a bathtub with tea leaves and pour hot water over it?

Don nadie
2016-10-23, 07:53 PM
One is then ready to face the next step on its mission. Before it goes, it addresses the 21 Chosen and provides them with a few important guidelines. First, the redemption of the Light must be given with care. Only those that cannot be redeemed and those that cannot be healed should be sent to the True Divine. Second, their priority must be teaching the people the faith, then healing them and keeping them safe and fed. Rule with example and loyalty and all shall be well. Thirdly One indicates that they should send some faithful men to the village where it first landed. There, they'll find silver to bring back to the city. Finally, One will try to return to the city every so often in order to ensure they are protected. It fears armies marching on the now lost province of the kingdom, so it advices to keep a tight control over the militia and not to leave the walls undefended.

One speaks one last time with Yethra. The angel will contact her every three days, after they both finish their sunrise prayers. The first rays of sun will carry One's question, but they must communicate fast and in few words. One wants to be informed specially if there's danger to the city. It will not lose a territory gained for the Faith without a fight.

Now One faces the question of how to address the next steps. It presses the nobles for a bit more of information on their local politics. Namely, the angel wants to know if any member of the king's family is known to be particularly religious and if any of them has attempted to rebel. The angel is not certain if it should go after the head of the Kingdom and then face the rest of cities or rather starve the capital's power by cutting down support.

I'd say, fill a gnome with 6 liters of tea, then give it to the monster XD

Btw, I finally noticed that Sending is a spell I have. I was trying to come up with the weirdest systems to keep in touch XD

Inevitability
2016-10-24, 03:16 PM
The Yuzcu family isn't particularly devout, but they tolerate all religions within their kingdom as long as the appropriate taxes are paid.

About a decade ago, there was an attempt at rebellion when Verannia Yuzcu, the king's younger sister, attempted to seize control of the military and take the throne for herself, but she was betrayed and executed.

As One prepares to leave, a messenger comes inform the angel that a visitor has appeared at the gates. Mounted on a swift horse and clothed in fine fabrics, the elf proclaims he's from the capital, and requests an audience.

Don nadie
2016-10-24, 06:46 PM
One orders that the man be guided to the main plaza of the city. There, One often preaches to the People. It is wide, the monuments have been taken down to make space for a small platform. There, One awaits for the man.

Inevitability
2016-10-25, 03:00 PM
Before long, several of One's faithful led by a Chosen arrive at the square, the ambassador walking amidst them. The emissary, a human with a scarred, ugly face, seems hesitant to approach One. In a low voice, he addresses the celestial.

"Are you the Bright Destroyer I am to deliver a message to?"

Don nadie
2016-10-25, 06:05 PM
I am but One, the Emanation of the True Divine. I-m bringing peace, equality and redemption to a world that desperately needs it. I do not know what names your leader gives me. Speak.

Inevitability
2016-10-26, 11:18 AM
The messenger takes a piece of paper from a bag, breaks the seal, unfolds it, and reads:

"King Retrus Yuzcu IV hereby declares war upon the renegade province of Greater Silverbark, upon its inhuman ruler, and upon all who assist said ruler. They have been found guilty of killing Duke Micandriel: a cowardly crime that can only be paid for with death."

For a moment, the man hesitates, then he continues reading.

"The one to bring about the death of the monstrous Bright Destroyer who leads this rebellion will be paid ten thousand gold pieces and receive the title of margrave, as well as the rights to Keep Caveheart and the surrounding lands, be they citizens of the kingdom or not. Such is the king's proclamation."

Those faithful to One react shocked upon hearing the message.

Don nadie
2016-10-26, 06:28 PM
One stares calmly at the messenger. First, it raises its arms to the sky and whispers a prayer aloud. All can hear it: "May the Light lit my path, my the Will guide my steps". Then, the angel begins addressing the man and ready to turn towards the people.

This is the man you call "king"? the celestial asks softly, with incredible sweetness. It is staring at the messenger's eyes as if looking into his heart. One does not seem fearful, however, not even extremely worried. This man threatens. This man offers to give gold to one of you, the angel is now addressing the whole crowd. One of you all can be, by this little king's will, rich. The rest of you shall rot in misery as you did under the king.

I do not promise gold to a single one of you. I promise you Truth and Light. I promise that your wounds will be healed, that your deaths will be peaceful. I promise that the treasury will be used not to buy the destruction of one single being, but to buy food for your children, medicine for your elders. I promise you all, citizens of this beautiful region, that the rewards of the faith are greater that the rewards of a king! For the Truth is eternal and carried beyond death! For Truth is the key to a life everlasting, the angel says, no softly as the audience has fallen silent, giving the impression that the angel is whispering to each one of them, whereas the gold and the titles this little king offers are nothing but dust.

One looks again at the messenger.

Tell me young man, what do you see here? Do you gaze upon crowds ravaged by tyranny? Do you see a city broken by violence? I have opened the treasury to feed the hungry, I have healed the sick, I have led the pedlers of false gods out of the city where their poisonous words can no longer do harm. Is this what your king wants to destroy? The angel is closer to the messenger, speaking to him sweetly. Is this what you want to destroy? One whispers into his ear.

I'm casting Guidance of the Avatar to improve my chances of maintaining a hold of the population. Basically, +20 to this roll of Perform.
Perform to impress the citizens (and the messenger) [roll0]
Diplomacy to improve the attitude of the messenger [roll1]
Edit: WUHU! Natural 20 in diplomacy!

Inevitability
2016-10-27, 09:37 AM
The citizens cheer after hearing One's words, and it is obvious that the risk of rebellion has been quelled.

The messenger stares breathlessly at One, and slowly whispers:

"I... do not. Let me join you... please."

Don nadie
2016-10-27, 06:24 PM
One nods and kisses the messenger's brow, sweetly and almost ritualy, and then turns to the crowd.

Rejoice, oh Faithful! For one more man has joined the ranks of the believers. Let us pray and let us prepare, for no doubt the little king will still attempt to retake this city and cast again upon your shoulders the yoke of his tyranny. We, however, shall prevail. For we are more than each of us, we are more than all of us. We are faithful, and we are guided by the Will!

Once One has led the people into prayer, the angel accompanies the messenger to the throne room, where it wants to interview him for information. What is the king trying? Are armies preparing at the capital?

Inevitability
2016-10-28, 02:36 PM
"The king will no doubt bring forth his armies, but in time. He believes that if its leader dies, the rebellion will collapse, so first he will try to eliminate the Great One in particular. I must warn you: many a fierce and wicked assassin can be found within the kingdom's borders."

Don nadie
2016-10-28, 07:55 PM
One nods calmly.

It was to be expected. The king appears to prefer the cowardly approach, much like his relative in this city. Rather than learn the Truth, he'd condemn me to death. Let it be, then. You shall be received in this city and may join the faithful working for a better future. As a messenger, I presume you have travelled wide. I'd like you to join Sister Yethra in maintaining our food suply. Nobody must hunger anymore. I bless you, brother. May you find a new home amongst the Faithful.

That done, One decides it has to abandon the city. It is time to bring the Will against the unfaithful. Of course, the celestial fears many troubles in the city. Rather than advance directly to the capital, One decides to go first to some city or military post on its way. The newly liberated region requires soldiers, and it is much wiser to take power out of the king's hands... Perhaps they can be persuaded to see the Light.

So, flying to the first military post / city with an important military garrison on the way between my city and the capital. I'm guessing One can get intel on those from the messenger/the nobles.
I'll have cast Permanent Aspect of the Celestial and the Blinding Beauty spell, so I still have enough juice for one more persistent spell in case of need.

Inevitability
2016-10-29, 08:47 AM
Fort Snakeriver, located northwest of One's location, marks the border between the celestial's province and the next. It's built around one of the few bridges over the river and without a doubt well-guarded, even more so now that news of the rebellion has reached it.

Don nadie
2016-11-01, 03:09 AM
One waits for the night to arrive. Once it comes, the celestial slides in silence under the cover of darkness. With from the darkness it whispers a prayer to the True Divine whilst looking at one of the scouts. Tendrils of divine inspiration reach his or her mind, attempting to persuade him or her from breaking the alarm.

Fear not, my child, for I come in peace and redemption. Listen: your king is false, his commands are lies. Are you not suffering and toiling for him to bathe in fresh water and eat the best bread? I have come to free you and your comrades. But to do so I need information. I need your help. The angel is now quite close to the human, it speaks right to his or her heart. Will you be helpful?

Under the relative cover of darkness, look for an isolated soldier and then cast Charm person. My diplomacy roll for him is... [roll0]

Inevitability
2016-11-01, 10:07 AM
The human's eyes glaze over, and she whispers back:

"Of course I will, pal. What do ya need to know?"

Don nadie
2016-11-01, 07:27 PM
Thank you dear, says One softly. What can you tell me of this place? Do you have a captain? What do soldiers think of your king and of the recent rebelion of the Silverbark region? And, where are the infimary and the captain's quarters?