PDA

View Full Version : Good Pokemon GO pokemon?

Pavbat666
2016-07-16, 05:34 PM
Lately, nearly everyone has been in a way, "zombified" by Pokémon GO, and I couldn't help myself. However, I am having some trouble, considering it is a figure it out type of game. I get that every pokemon has a CP maximum, and that their max raises when the players lv raises, but I need an idea of what are some good pokemon out there that have good CP. Is there any nice pokemon out there that can be really useful? I'm having trouble identifying a good pokemon from a bad one. Another thing, is it just me, but how do those players that always capture gyms, that have 1350 CP pokemon? Do they just gain levels, and continue on from there? How can they get them so fast. I can barely find pokemon, and training them is sooo slow.

Thanks in advance!

P.S. Go Team Mystic!!!!

Nilehus
2016-07-16, 05:56 PM
The Eeveelutions are tough, and around here at least, Eevees are easy to find. Maximum CP is determined by your level at the time of capture/evolution/hatching along with species, so that plays a factor. A Pidgeot caught by a level 5 trainer won't be nearly as tough as a Pidgeot caught by a level 20 trainer. The super rare ones mostly come from 10k eggs, which you can get at pokestops.

P.S. Instinct > Mystic every day of the week

Pavbat666
2016-07-16, 09:20 PM
The Eeveelutions are tough, and around here at least, Eevees are easy to find. Maximum CP is determined by your level at the time of capture/evolution/hatching along with species, so that plays a factor. A Pidgeot caught by a level 5 trainer won't be nearly as tough as a Pidgeot caught by a level 20 trainer. The super rare ones mostly come from 10k eggs, which you can get at pokestops.

P.S. Instinct > Mystic every day of the week

Thanks that really helped! I kinda feel bad for evolving my pidgy now. Well, whatever... where I live, there are like 50 pidgys everywhere, and I can never find that one eevee that is lurking somewhere here...

P.S. I was flipping a coin between Instinct and Mystic... I got Mystic, but Instinct is cool. I respect Instinct, I just can't stand Valor...

Ricky S
2016-07-16, 11:28 PM
The easiest early pokemon are eevee evolutions, pidgeots and golbats. Gyrados is powerful but you need to catch 100 magikarp for it. Basically save your candy for when you get to a higher level and use it on your highest cp pokemon to get the highest cp evolution. Really there is no good pokemon you just have to play the game more.

Also team Valor for the win!

Nilehus
2016-07-17, 12:07 AM
Mass-evolving Pidgeys is actually a really quick way to level up. 500 XP a go, and you can do it with every 4 you catch. Use a Lucky Egg, and you get 1000 XP per go.

Pidgey candies are a dime a dozen, but don't waste your stardust until you're a higher level. :smallsmile:

Emmerlaus
2016-07-17, 12:39 AM
If its only the fiurst 150 Pokemons, Im not sure its worth for me to buy a cellphone LOL

But I wanna share thing with Pokemon Go players...

https://scontent-yyz1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/t31.0-8/13717189_10210018341796682_7100841468145869262_o.j pg

Pavbat666
2016-07-17, 11:34 AM
If its only the fiurst 150 Pokemons, Im not sure its worth for me to buy a cellphone LOL

But I wanna share thing with Pokemon Go players...

https://scontent-yyz1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/t31.0-8/13717189_10210018341796682_7100841468145869262_o.j pg

Yes, more pokemon Go players NEED to see this

Avilan the Grey
2016-07-17, 04:20 PM
What I have read is basically, if you intend to fight at all... Just grind up to lvl 20 THEN worry about CP on the things you catch. And fight.
And yes, mass-evolve the pigeon thingies.

SO I will do that from now on.

PoeticDwarf
2016-07-28, 12:57 PM
What I have read is basically, if you intend to fight at all... Just grind up to lvl 20 THEN worry about CP on the things you catch. And fight.
And yes, mass-evolve the pigeon thingies.

SO I will do that from now on.

True, save up star dust for high levels. Forgot to do that at the beginning, my 306 starmie is not that good anymore :)

Flickerdart
2016-07-28, 03:38 PM
You start seeing ~1350 CP Pokemon when you reach level 15 or so. It doesn't take that long.

As for what's best, focus on moves. Different moves have different DPS - the power of a move can be misleading because powerful moves take longer to execute. Part of what makes Vaporeon stupid good is that Water Gun has a very high speed, making its damage per second very good.

Hiro Protagonest
2016-07-28, 03:42 PM
As for what's best, focus on moves. Different moves have different DPS - the power of a move can be misleading because powerful moves take longer to execute. Part of what makes Vaporeon stupid good is that Water Gun has a very high speed, making its damage per second very good.

Huh. So Water Gun actually is better than Bubble? Though, isn't a defender's move always used at 1.5 seconds regardless of speed? So Water Gun is great for attacking, but Bubble would be better for defending.

Flickerdart
2016-07-28, 03:48 PM
Huh. So Water Gun actually is better than Bubble? Though, isn't a defender's move always used at 1.5 seconds regardless of speed? So Water Gun is great for attacking, but Bubble would be better for defending.

Bubble is one of the worst moves due to its very slow attack speed.

There's not that much that's known about defending, due to how trivial it is to take over gyms.