PDA

View Full Version : Tomorrow is my licensing exam.

golentan
2016-07-17, 10:01 PM
Please wish me luck. I've been doing well on the practice tests but I'm still worried because when I get nervous my performance drops. A conundrum I have not figured out a solution for as of this moment.

Apart from my normal somewhat ironic sense of humor.

Jormengand
2016-07-17, 10:19 PM
I won't wish you luck: luck is for those who aren't good enough to do it through their own abilities. I wish you good skill, friend. :smallbiggrin:

Asmodean_
2016-07-22, 03:29 AM
I won't wish you luck: luck is for those who aren't good enough to do it through their own abilities. I wish you good skill, friend. :smallbiggrin:

I wish you good luck to bolster the good skill.

Jay R
2016-07-22, 03:00 PM
Please wish me luck. I've been doing well on the practice tests but I'm still worried because when I get nervous my performance drops. A conundrum I have not figured out a solution for as of this moment.

The simple (but not easy) answer is not to get nervous.

You know this material, and you know that you know it. The practice tests prove that. So treat this like just another practice test.

Stop guessing how you'll do, and answer the questions.

Good luck.

Knaight
2016-07-22, 03:16 PM
I'd also give yourself another hour or so to get to sleep above what you normally do, if it is at all possible. I'm not necessarily saying that nerves are cutting into sleep quality, but there's a pretty good chance that's exactly what's happening. I've accidentally pulled all-nighters right before tests, and in my experience it totally tanks your performance.

Grinner
2016-07-22, 03:34 PM
I don't wish to be rude, but according to the OP's timestamp, golentan's exam date has already passed.

golentan
2016-07-22, 09:20 PM
I don't wish to be rude, but according to the OP's timestamp, golentan's exam date has already passed.

I appear to have passed.

Jormengand
2016-07-23, 12:56 PM
I appear to have passed.

Yay! Congrats. :smallbiggrin:

Akisa
2016-07-25, 10:57 PM
May I ask and receive the answer of what sort of license?

golentan
2016-07-26, 12:25 AM
May I ask and receive the answer of what sort of license?

Veterinary Technician. :smallsmile:

tomwalker154
2016-07-26, 04:57 AM
You passed it????

Goodkill
2016-07-26, 05:04 PM
that's interesting you say your performance drops when you get nervous. aren't there meds you can take to prevent that from happening? like bet blockers? i've always been the opposite - nervous energy enhances my performance.

edit: also, congratulations on passing!