PDA

View Full Version : Wizard exclusive spells? Are there any

flappeercraft
2016-07-17, 11:20 PM
So recently I have been finding around forums and optimization builds that sorcerers have some class exclusive spells like wings of cover and arcane fusion which actually are pretty good but unfortunately for me cannot be used by wizards. So are there any wizard exclusive spells? I have been looking around books and forums and have not seen any to this moment. Also please tell 3.5 or 3.0 if no update for the spell was released.

Jormengand
2016-07-17, 11:22 PM
Mnemonic Enhancer (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/mnemonicEnhancer.htm).

Troacctid
2016-07-17, 11:25 PM
Also Mordenkainen's lucubration and Rary's arcane conversion.

sleepyphoenixx
2016-07-18, 01:07 AM
And Spell Engine.

Sapreaver
2016-07-18, 03:38 AM
It's definitely possible to get both of those sorcerer exclusive spells on a wizard spell list though shenanigans.

flappeercraft
2016-07-18, 03:43 AM
It's definitely possible to get both of those sorcerer exclusive spells on a wizard spell list though shenanigans.

What kind of shenanigans?

Rebel7284
2016-07-18, 04:25 AM
Wurm Wizard, Recaster, can get them 100%. Spell research and Extra Spell feat can get them under some DM interpretations. Limited Wish and such can emulate them too of course.

ryu
2016-07-18, 06:21 AM
There's also the fact that wizards are way more powerful than sorcerers exclusives or not. Getting access to spells earlier, having higher numbers of their top level spells to use in a day, knowing many more spells, and being able to use metamagic in general without jumping through as many hoops? All of those things are huge. HUGE.

Inevitability
2016-07-18, 06:53 AM
Wurm Wizard, Recaster, can get them 100%. Spell research and Extra Spell feat can get them under some DM interpretations. Limited Wish and such can emulate them too of course.

Limited Wish is interesting in that it refers to wizard and sorcerer spells under the same header. Therefore a LW can emulate a 6th-level sorcerer-only or wizard-only spell, even if the spell isn't on your own list.