PDA

View Full Version : 3rd Ed Cleric of Dreams

Rakoa
2016-07-18, 09:28 PM
How would you go about making a Cleric based around dreams? The Dream domain is obviously suited for this, but are there are any other build options based around this? Spells not on the Domain List worth looking into (arcane or divine)? A Prestige Class would be perfect, but I doubt any like that exists. What can you come up with?

daremetoidareyo
2016-07-18, 09:35 PM
Dreamtelling from HoH, the lucid channeling skill, astral tracking and liberal use of plane shift will allow you to chase people into the dream realm.

Thurbane
2016-07-18, 10:42 PM
As mentioned, the Oneiromancy feats in Heroes of Horror would be a good fit as well. (Oneiromancy, Improved Oneiromancy and Dreamtelling).

It's pretty campaign specific, but Secrets of Sarlona has the Dream Scion feat chain (Dream of Contact , Dream of Insight, Dream of Strength, Dream of the Moment (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cpxsMyoXUZQ), Dream of Instinct, Dream of Perception)

If you need an "easy" way to pick up Lucid Dreaming as a class skill, and your Cleric is human, you can take in dip in Human Paragon (although it will cost you a caster level).

If you don't want to be a Human, Dream Dwarf (Ros) is a good fit thematically

If you want to eat up LA +1 (or buy it off), there's the Diabolous from Dragon Compendium, who originate from a dream realm.

Races of Stone has the Earth Dreamer PrC, although it's more focused on earth and stone than anything dream related.

The Viscount
2016-07-19, 12:31 AM
Cataclysm Mage and somewhat Medani Prophet are more oracular than precisely dream based, but they seem pretty close to it and easily realigned in fluff.

Inevitability
2016-07-19, 04:20 AM
The Dreaming Dark can be worshipped by clerics as far as I know and is seriously dream-themed.

Gildedragon
2016-07-19, 09:55 AM
I second getting Lucid Dreaming as a class skill

Get items that let you cast
Lullaby (Bard 0)
Dawn (Druid 0)

There is a dreamwalking feat in the WoT d20 RPG

Kalashtar might be a good race... In which case maybe both for a divine-psionic theurge class

Rakoa
2016-07-20, 07:36 AM
Oneiromancy feats and Medani Prophet are AWESOME! I love it. I honestly was not expecting any good options, but here we are. Lucid Dreaming I will have to look into later, as I don't have the planes book, but it sounds like a good option too.

Bronk
2016-07-20, 08:24 AM
There are also a number of dream related items in the adventure "Bastion of Broken Souls". You have the Guild of Sleep, an artifact called a Dream Pod, 'Dreamborn' creatures, and the level 8 cleric/sorc/wiz spell 'Dream Image'.

Besides having the lucid dreaming skill, the Manual of the Planes also has the level 8 sor/wiz spell 'Dream Travel' and describes the region of dreams.

Dragon 287 has multiple variant dream planes, variant dream gods and creatures, and has some extra magic items like the Mirror of Dreams, which lets you enter dreams, and the Figurine of Protection Against Dreams, which is basically a magic teddy bear.

Dragon 305 has an alternate Mirror of Dreams which just lets you look into dreams.

There's also an epic level spell, 'Dreamscape', in the ELH.

The Viscount
2016-07-20, 10:01 AM
Glad you like Medani Prophet. If you end up using it, I suggest a little trick I learned from PiggyKnowles. If you take the Mark of the Dauntless feat, you are immune to the stunning from your visions.

Thurbane
2016-07-20, 12:15 PM
I've often wanted to build a "Freddy Krueger" type BBEG villain in my game based on Lucid Dreaming etc.