PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Creating a major custom item - need advice

thecrimsondawn
2016-07-18, 10:01 PM
For reference - the anime The money of soul and possibility control.

I am a greedy Dwarf Wizard going a highly focused crafting build. My spellcraft is already so high, that there is next to no chance to fail making something, even if I have next to no requirements for an item. My question will be more related to cost and process to make this idea work.

First off, I am going to make a 1/day item that lets me use create greater demi plane. This will take me about 2 days time to make, and after that I can more or less keep a plane up forever. My choices for time are half, double, and timeless by raw, but I am curious about something. Does pathfinder have some sort of cosmology already? In order for something to increase or decrease by half or double you need a base, and creating a demiplane should in theory make a pocket reality based off the plane you are on when you cast it, so if there are planes out there that are far slower or faster, then I should be able to use that to my advantage right?

So what am I trying to do? I plan to make a "engine" or computer of sorts that keeps a running count of money invested into it. It will be the core of my whole idea and have the largest price tag as well. I know that I will need at LEAST unlimited uses of the wish spell per day to make this work, so depending on how you run the math that is either just over 100k crafting cost, or about 150k crafting cost. This core system I am making will be linked to the many copies of an item I will make that access it - much like a bank card would for example. The people who acquire one of these cards have the ability to go to a pocket plane that I will make to invest their gold and items to increase their account balance, and they can use this item (I will just call it a card for now for ease of understanding) will be able to more or less cast any spell from it, with the cost of the effect being taken out of their balance.
I would also like to know if there is some sort of magic item contract in pathfinder that I can use or spell that I can bind the user into an agreement as it will be mandatory for the rules (I will write this out in my game myself).

I am accepting advice and opinions on this, but here is my current chart that I will edit as things change.

>Make plane, create major "computer" with wish at will.
>create a plane that is the "bank" for the major computer. It will also house an arena for battling with the "cards"
>Hand out a large number of these cards to various wealth seeking people, binding them to a contract of there own will in return for great power.
>Create some sort of system of conflict where card owners must fight each other, but do damage to each others wealth instead of hp. These fights of course must take place on the plane with the arena.

Things I need to know
>The cost of an at will wish spell. May need to use limited wish due to the material component of the 9th level wish spell.
>The cost of creating a single "card" that accesses and binds to the user to the system until death or stolen for set amount of time.

Random Thoughts
>Should I attach something like a simulacrum to each card owner as a sort of body guard/butler at the cost of some part of themselves - a part that will be destroyed should they loose in an arena fight?

Geddy2112
2016-07-18, 10:18 PM
The only thing I know is that in casting the spell, you have to do it from the astral, ethereal, or material plane. Although the astral plane is timeless, it does not make your plane such. Any plane created by this spell is by default under normal time, so at best you could slow, double, or make it timeless.

Incorrect
2016-07-19, 02:44 AM
Non-standard items are priced by the GM, not by the formulas.

At will wish spell ~ near-infinite power
Near-infinite power costs = (Near-infinite gold)*(Near-infinite problems)

Even if you used near-infinite gold to build the computer, you would have to spend the rest of existence defending it against everything from gods to the armies of the abyss. Every powerful entity would be coming for your computer.

But to give you an estimate of the price range we are talking; 1 wish in a Luck Blade costs 40.000 gp.
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic-items/magic-weapons/specific-magic-weapons/luck-blade
A Luck Blade with enough wishes for one single day would cost 576.000.000 gp.
The computer should cost that at the very least.

That said, just make the computer a large box filled with chain-gating solars. I hear that solves all problems :smallwink:

BearonVonMu
2016-07-20, 12:56 PM
If you have a demiplane that you can create and maintain, then you don't need to wish for a computer. You could use Deep Rot (https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Deep_Rot) instead. Or possibly you could do the same thing with the cheapest constructs you could.
Making the equivalent of a pocket calculator to tally your riches and count the money you put into your Scrooge McDuck Money Bin should definitely be within the bounds of reason.