PDA

View Full Version : The Iron Tower [IC]

JNAProductions
2016-07-18, 10:24 PM
You've been drawn here. So here you are, standing in front of the tower. You've managed to find a few others who can see it too, and you're ready-you think-to go in.

whiteflash
2016-07-18, 10:37 PM
You've been drawn here. So here you are, standing in front of the tower. You've managed to find a few others who can see it too, and you're ready-you think-to go in.

William Waugh chuckles. "Well, we might as well get started."

If there's not an entrance immediately in front of him, he turns to look for one.

Estralita
2016-07-18, 10:53 PM
Paula grips her(well, her brother's) baseball bat tighter, and takes a deep breath. She didn't really know who the people around her were, but they were all here, and seemed to have the same goal. And she didn't really want to explore the tower on her own. "Yup. Let's do it."

WilliamD40
2016-07-18, 11:05 PM
Lets figure out what this is.

With that passive 24 perception does he see anything weird besides the large tower?

JNAProductions
2016-07-18, 11:10 PM
Lets figure out what this is.

With that passive 24 perception does he see anything weird besides the large tower?

Nothing seems to be popping out at you-though there is a slight crack in the side of the tower. It's square-shaped-perhaps a hidden door?

WilliamD40
2016-07-18, 11:20 PM
WC Moves up to the square crack, and presses on it, looking for any traps.

whiteflash
2016-07-20, 04:48 PM
Judging that William Cole has the task of finding an entrance well in hand, William Waugh stands well back in case there is a trap and pulls out his camera. He points it at the tower such that if the tower was visible, it would fill half of the frame, and then slowly moves it until the tower should completely fill the frame.

Still invisible?

JNAProductions
2016-07-20, 04:54 PM
Judging that William Cole has the task of finding an entrance well in hand, William Waugh stands well back in case there is a trap and pulls out his camera. He points it at the tower such that if the tower was visible, it would fill half of the frame, and then slowly moves it until the tower should completely fill the frame.

Still invisible?

Through the camera, an ordinary street is visible.

whiteflash
2016-07-20, 04:56 PM
Through the camera, an ordinary street is visible.

I pause to compose a decent looking picture of that street and then snap the shot. Then I look to the other William to see how his checking for traps is coming along.

Edit: Actually, I think I'll also snap a shot that the tower should half-fill. Just for comparison's sake.

Estralita
2016-07-24, 12:05 AM
Paula raised an eyebrow at the shutterbug, but made no comment. She then approached the one examining the tower. "Find anything?"

JNAProductions
2016-07-24, 05:58 PM
The door suddenly cracks open, a small pall of mist coming out. It begins to slowly open all the way, revealing a dark passageway.

whiteflash
2016-07-24, 06:17 PM
The door suddenly cracks open, a small pall of mist coming out. It begins to slowly open all the way, revealing a dark passageway.

I point my camera to see if the open passageway visible through the door is visible through it.

JNAProductions
2016-07-24, 06:20 PM
I point my camera to see if the open passageway visible through the door is visible through the viewfinder.

Still just an ordinary street.

As he points his camera through, it suddenly sparks, and the lights die on it.

whiteflash
2016-07-24, 06:34 PM
Still just an ordinary street.

As he points his camera through, it suddenly sparks, and the lights die on it.

William lets out a string of harsh-sounding words in what sounds like several different languages at the sudden light exactly where he was looking, and then takes a second to compose himself.

" ... Well, that probably means we won't be listening to my mp3 library in there."

I try to take stock of the damage. Is it just reacting weirdly to the Tower and fine once I point it away, or is it obviously no longer a functioning camera under these or any other circumstances? Also, is there a series of damaged bits of camera that can be individually targeted by the Mending cantrip, or is the camera just totally borked?

JNAProductions
2016-07-24, 06:47 PM
William lets out a string of harsh-sounding words in what sounds like several different languages at the sudden light exactly where he was looking, and then takes a second to compose himself.

" ... Well, that probably means we won't be listening to my mp3 library in there."

I try to take stock of the damage. Is it just reacting weirdly to the Tower and fine once I point it away, or is it obviously no longer a functioning camera under these or any other circumstances? Also, is there a series of damaged bits of camera that can be individually targeted by the Mending cantrip, or is the camera just totally borked?

The camera looks like the battery had a minor combustion. It's likely fine, if you can replace the battery.

whiteflash
2016-07-24, 06:50 PM
The camera looks like the battery had a minor combustion. It's likely fine, if you can replace the battery.

"... Interesting."

How smooth is the surface in front of the tower? Could my character slide one of his spare laptop batteries into the Tower, rather than having to carry it in in his hand?

JNAProductions
2016-07-24, 06:51 PM
"... Interesting."

How smooth is the surface in front of the tower? Could my character slide one of his spare laptop batteries into the Tower, rather than having to carry it in in his hand?

The door, which has fully opened by now, forms a perfectly smooth ramp into the tower.

whiteflash
2016-07-24, 07:09 PM
The door, which has fully opened by now, forms a perfectly smooth ramp into the tower.

"Hm. Before we go in, there's something I want to try."

I walk past the other William, take out a spare laptop battery, hesitate for a second, and then shift it from my right hand to my left and try to slide it into the Tower with my left hand. I have my eyes closed and pointed away from the battery, and try to push it with a sudden quick thrust without needing my hand to be on the battery at the moment it enters the Tower.

JNAProductions
2016-07-24, 07:17 PM
The battery sparks, and, as it enters the tower, explodes in a shower of more sparks. Burnt casing is left behind.

whiteflash
2016-07-24, 07:22 PM
The battery sparks, and, as it enters the tower, explodes in a shower of more sparks. Burnt casing is left behind.

"... Can we spare ten minutes? I'd like to run home for a second to stash some things that I don't want to have on me in the tower."

JNAProductions
2016-07-24, 07:25 PM
[roll0] Stuff and things.

Something is moving in the darkness.

Estralita
2016-07-24, 08:48 PM
Paula frowned at the tech guy as the battery exploded. "I think the tower doesn't like tech." But at least he seemed to have figured that out. When he asked if they would wait for him. Paula sighed, but didn't object. Truth be told, she did want to avoid being alone here.

WilliamD40
2016-07-25, 07:30 AM
William pulls out his Security Baton and waits for the other William to come back from his house. he attempts to see more about the moving shadow.

[roll0]

JNAProductions
2016-07-25, 10:25 AM
It's gone now.

WilliamD40
2016-07-25, 10:47 AM
The Cole Train waits for his allies. Then, The Cole Train will enter the building.

whiteflash
2016-07-25, 03:23 PM
William Waugh heads back home as quickly, somewhat relieved that his parents are still out as he can't explain himself to them; they can't see the Tower and would probably think he was hallucinating... which to be fair, is a reasonable explanation and one William briefly flirted with. He unlocks the door and goes in.

He hurries back to his room, takes his laptop bag out of his waterproof duffel bag, and sets it on his bed. He quickly verifies that the laptop, its cable, the spare battery that didn't explode in the tower, his LED flashlight, his now useless camera, its two spare memory cards, and the encrypted thumb drive that contains the bare minimum notes on the new "programming language" he developed are in there. He leaves most of those things on his bed, and starts to put the thumb drive in the same part of his sheet he's hiding the more complete version of his notes in. He then hesitates, and decides to put it somewhere else. After struggling to think of a fairly safe place for ten seconds, he remembers that there are people waiting on him and decides to go with the underwear drawer even though it's a fairly obvious place.

This means that the only version of my notes I'll have on me are the hard copy... which I can't edit anything like as easily. After reflecting on that for a second, he grabs about half again as much paper as he'd had previously, two regular ballpoint pens, a pencil with an eraser, a handheld pencil sharpener, and a pen he'd picked up for a laugh that was advertised as being capable of working at zero gravity. He puts them in the waterproof duffel bag with the papers containing the notes on his spells. He then starts to head out, hesitates, and decides he could do with two more pencils (and erasers) before running back out to rejoin the group. (He makes sure to lock the door after him.)

"Sorry for the delay. All I can say is that those items seemed like good ideas at the time. Oh, speaking of which..."

He throws the space pen a short distance into the tower. Does it explode?

JNAProductions
2016-07-25, 04:51 PM
William Waugh heads back home as quickly, somewhat relieved that his parents are still out as he can't explain himself to them; they can't see the Tower and would probably think he was hallucinating... which to be fair, is a reasonable explanation and one William briefly flirted with. He unlocks the door and goes in.

He hurries back to his room, takes his laptop bag out of his waterproof duffel bag, and sets it on his bed. He quickly verifies that the laptop, its cable, the spare battery that didn't explode in the tower, his LED flashlight, his now useless camera, its two spare memory cards, and the encrypted thumb drive that contains the bare minimum notes on the new "programming language" he developed are in there. He leaves most of those things on his bed, and starts to put the thumb drive in the same part of his sheet he's hiding the more complete version of his notes in. He then hesitates, and decides to put it somewhere else. After struggling to think of a fairly safe place for ten seconds, he remembers that there are people waiting on him and decides to go with the underwear drawer even though it's a fairly obvious place.

This means that the only version of my notes I'll have on me are the hard copy... which I can't edit anything like as easily. After reflecting on that for a second, he grabs about half again as much paper as he'd had previously, two regular ballpoint pens, a pencil with an eraser, a handheld pencil sharpener, and a pen he'd picked up for a laugh that was advertised as being capable of working at zero gravity. He puts them in the waterproof duffel bag with the papers containing the notes on his spells. He then starts to head out, hesitates, and decides he could do with two more pencils (and erasers) before running back out to rejoin the group. (He makes sure to lock the door after him.)

"Sorry for the delay. All I can say is that those items seemed like good ideas at the time. Oh, speaking of which..."

He throws the space pen a short distance into the tower. Does it explode?

The pen does not explode, but does begin expelling ink at an alarming rate.

I had to google how those things work to figure out how it would malfunction.

whiteflash
2016-07-25, 04:58 PM
The pen does not explode, but does begin expelling ink at an alarming rate.

I had to google how those things work to figure out how it would malfunction.

William takes his other two pens out of the duffel bag, drops them on the ground, and hastily rushes to grab the space pen. Does it stop malfunctioning when taken out of the tower?

JNAProductions
2016-07-25, 05:02 PM
William takes his other two pens out of the duffel bag, drops them on the ground, and hastily rushes to grab the space pen. Does it stop malfunctioning when taken out of the tower?

It continues to spurt ink, though it';s quickly running out.

whiteflash
2016-07-25, 05:05 PM
It continues to spurt ink, though it';s quickly running out.

William sighs, casts it aside, and goes back to the other pens. He throws them into the tower. Do they react the same way?

JNAProductions
2016-07-25, 05:06 PM
William sighs, casts it aside, and goes back to the other pens. He throws them into the tower. Do they react the same way?

The other pens seem to be unaffected.

whiteflash
2016-07-25, 05:10 PM
The other pens seem to be unaffected.

"Well, that's good."

He hastily goes back into the Tower to grab them up, and stores them in his pocket instead of in the bag with his papers. Just to be on the safe side.

He heads back to where he'd dropped the pen and examines it to see if there's any one broken bit he can repair with the Mending cantrip after it runs out of ink. While he does he asks "Did any of you bring a gun? If so, I think we should probably all get right up against the tower for cover while someone tries to figure out how to semi-safely throw a bullet in. And... I'm sorry this all took so long, but once the laptop battery exploded I was honestly afraid to stop early."

Estralita
2016-07-25, 07:35 PM
Paula shook her head. "All I got it this," she indicated her bat. "I'm Paula, by the way."

whiteflash
2016-07-25, 08:28 PM
Paula shook her head. "All I got it this," she indicated her bat. "I'm Paula, by the way."

"My name's William. And all I have... I'm honestly not sure you'd believe me if I told you, tech-hating invisible tower or no."

He turns to the other member of the group. "What's your name? And, uh... do you have a gun?"

WilliamD40
2016-07-25, 09:24 PM
"My name's William. And all I have... I'm honestly not sure you'd believe me if I told you, tech-hating invisible tower or no."

He turns to the other member of the group. "What's your name? And, uh... do you have a gun?"
I am William Cole. The Cole Train.
I do have a gun but I shouldn't discharge it in public. Let me throw a single bullet in there.

whiteflash
2016-07-25, 09:26 PM
I am William Cole. The Cole Train.
I do have a gun but I shouldn't discharge it in public. Let me throw a single bullet in there.

"Okay. Uh, but if the cartridge does go, how are we going to control which way the bullet goes? I don't much like the idea of any of us getting hit."

"Oh, and my last name's Waugh. Just, since we need some way to refer to each other. (As an aside, while I'm used to not being the only William in any sufficiently large group, this is the first time I've been in a group that was two-thirds William.)"

WilliamD40
2016-07-26, 07:49 AM
You can be William. The Cole Train, is The Cole Train. But yeah, Id say get against the wall and Ill throw it in.

As soon as everyone is against the wall, I throw in the 10mm Cartridge. Anything Happen?

JNAProductions
2016-07-26, 12:47 PM
[roll0]

Bad stuff happens on a 1.

The bullet explodes violently, the lighter back end discharging deeper into the tower. You hear a muffled roar from within.

Estralita
2016-07-26, 12:57 PM
Paula chucked at the name coincidence. "Would you believe my middle name is Wilhemina?"

Hearing the explosion, Paula winced. "While I certainly wouldn't mind having explosives with us if we could control them, I think it's time to stop throwing potential bombs into the tower."

JNAProductions
2016-07-26, 01:04 PM
Following the roar come footsteps-loud and heavy-approaching from within the darkness.

Roll Initiative!

[roll0]

WilliamD40
2016-07-26, 01:50 PM
[roll0]

[roll1]

whiteflash
2016-07-26, 02:02 PM
Paula chucked at the name coincidence. "Would you believe my middle name is Wilhemina?"

Hearing the explosion, Paula winced. "While I certainly wouldn't mind having explosives with us if we could control them, I think it's time to stop throwing potential bombs into the tower."

Following the roar come footsteps-loud and heavy-approaching from within the darkness.

Roll Initiative!

[roll0]

[roll0]

"If we have any more potential bombs, it seems like it's time to start throwing them in again."

Estralita
2016-07-26, 02:48 PM
Paula's face froze, as she heard the roar from the tower. She gulped and held her baseball bat up in front of her. Try as she might, it still trembled in her hands.

[roll0]

JNAProductions
2016-07-26, 02:49 PM
Cole Train
Paula
Thing
William

WilliamD40
2016-07-26, 03:00 PM
Cole Train
Paula
Thing
William

The Cole Train, takes his clip, and throws the clip, with all the bullets inside into the tower as far as he can, and using his movement, hides on the wall to have cover from the loud thing.

JNAProductions
2016-07-26, 03:03 PM
[roll0]

That might not be the smartest idea.

The bullets start shooting off, some shooting out of the tower, some hitting the inner walls, but luckily no one is hit.

Estralita
2016-07-26, 05:04 PM
Paula wasn't sure whether or not that counted as a success, but as (apparently) the only person with a weapon, she needed to step up. Paula moved in front of the two, taking her first step in the tower. She called out "There's more where that came from if you know what's good for you!"

Starting off with an Intimidation check:

[roll0]

Also, if possible, spending her bonus action casting Shillelagh (that spell always trips me up spelling-wise) on her bat.

JNAProductions
2016-07-26, 05:21 PM
Paula wasn't sure whether or not that counted as a success, but as (apparently) the only person with a weapon, she needed to step up. Paula moved in front of the two, taking her first step in the tower. She called out "There's more where that came from if you know what's good for you!"

Starting off with an Intimidation check:

[roll0]

Also, if possible, spending her bonus action casting Shillelagh (that spell always trips me up spelling-wise) on her bat.

That requires a wooden bat. So I'll just assume it's wooden.

Another roar emanates from deep within, and suddenly, a tentacle shoots out, grabbing Paula!

[roll0]
[roll1]

[roll2]
[roll3]

Each one that hits drags her 20' inwards, to a max of 30'.

Paula is suddenly dragged into the darkness, to be savaged by whatever beast lies within.

Paula manages to fend off the tentacle, avoiding most harm and leaving the tentacle to retract without its target.

JNAProductions
2016-07-26, 05:22 PM
[roll0]

Not that much extra damage.

whiteflash
2016-07-26, 05:43 PM
"Oh, no, there's no need to figure out how to conjure light. You can buy a damn flashlight!"

How many actions is it to take one of the sheets of blank paper I was keeping in case I needed to add a new page to my spellbook, take out one of my waterproof matches, light that one piece of paper on fire, and use it to maybe put some light into the tower?

JNAProductions
2016-07-26, 05:44 PM
"Oh, no, there's no need to figure out how to conjure light. You can buy a damn flashlight!"

How many actions is it to take one of the sheets of blank paper I was keeping in case I needed to add a new page to my spellbook, take out one of my waterproof matches, light that one piece of paper on fire, and use it to maybe put some light into the tower?

Bonus action to light the match and paper, action to throw the burning paper.

It won't give very much light. At all.

whiteflash
2016-07-26, 06:22 PM
Bonus action to light the match and paper, action to throw the burning paper.

It won't give very much light. At all.

I don't intend to throw it. I intend to hold it while I take a move action into the tower.

I was also hoping to cast Mage Armor on myself, which triggers my Arcane Ward feature. In fact I should probably do that first thing. That comes out to an action, a bonus action, and a move action?

JNAProductions
2016-07-26, 06:25 PM
I don't intend to throw it. I intend to hold it while I take a move action into the tower.

I was also hoping to cast Mage Armor on myself, which triggers my Arcane Ward feature. In fact I should probably do that first thing. That comes out to an action, a bonus action, and a move action?

Move actions don't exist anymore. But yes.

It will still give crappy light.

whiteflash
2016-07-26, 07:59 PM
Move actions don't exist anymore. But yes.

It will still give crappy light.

Well, my character doesn't know of any better options yet, so since I can apparently do all that in one turn I do.

First I cast Mage Armor (which also grants Arcane Ward,) then I take out one piece of paper and light it on fire (dropping the matches on the ground,) and then I head into the tower (being careful not to step on the matches.)

JNAProductions
2016-07-26, 08:21 PM
William creeps inside the tower, flaming paper in hand. It burns down quickly, but not so fast he can't see trails of slime along the walls and floor.

whiteflash
2016-07-26, 08:25 PM
William creeps inside the tower, flaming paper in hand. It burns down quickly, but not so fast he can't see trails of slime along the walls and floor.

"Oh, that's not good."

I think that's that for my turn?

WilliamD40
2016-07-26, 08:44 PM
The Cole Train, holsters his pistol, and moves into the tower as far as he can in one move, and draws his security baton ready to **** up some hentai stars.

Estralita
2016-07-27, 01:58 AM
Paula shrieked as she was pulled back into the darkness( Which oddly enough, didn't seem that dark when she was inside. Paula managed to pull herself free, and held the bat away from her at the ready. "Get away! Stay away from me!" she cried, willing the creature away. At least she had a weapon had something that could keep it away. If only it was more dangerous.

Suddenly, Paula felt a surge of power flowing from her to her weapon. The bat lit up with a white light, illuminating the immediate area. As Paula stared in shock, tiny white flames began crawling over the bat, although the bat only felt gently warm to Paula.

And let there be light! From Sacred Weapon, which, in addition to adding a bonus Charisma boost to the weapon,it lights up the area within 20 ft, and still allowing for dim light 20 ft. further away. Since it takes up Paula's action, she can't attack. Instead, she casts Searing Smite, ready to use next turn.

JNAProductions
2016-07-27, 11:26 AM
The creature appears as a mass of writhing tentacles, with longer ones trailing on the ground, wriggling and squirming. It lashes out again towards Paula, aiming to knock her to the ground.

First, a grapple attempt: [roll0]

Then, if that succeeds, a shove to the ground attempt: [roll1] (Otherwise, if the first fails, this is a second grapple attempt.)

Paula's rolls (I don't know your modifier): [roll2]

whiteflash
2016-07-27, 07:51 PM
I get as close to Paula as I can without sacrificing my ability to cast a spell on that same turn, and then clear my throat. "Excuse me, Mr. Monster? I don't want to make any assumptions, but you're being rather violent at the moment, so listen up..." I raise my hand into the starting position for a Magic Missile spell. "This is your one chance to let my teammate go without getting mangled."

If it doesn't surrender immediately, I cast Magic Missile from a 4th level spell slot.

Also, would an Intimidate roll help here?

JNAProductions
2016-07-27, 10:38 PM
The monster writhes and wriggles, not even apparently able to understand what was said.

whiteflash
2016-07-27, 11:16 PM
The monster writhes and wriggles, not even apparently able to understand what was said.

Does it show any sign of comprehending that it heard a language?

Anyway, my next move: I hesitate for another second, and then say in Japanese: "I hope you understand Japanese, because that's my next guess and I don't have time to try the other three languages I know."

JNAProductions
2016-07-27, 11:18 PM
Does it show any sign of comprehending that it heard a language?

Anyway, my next move: I hesitate for another second, and then say in Japanese: "I hope you understand Japanese, because that's my next guess and I don't have time to try the other three languages I know."

It does not.

whiteflash
2016-07-27, 11:21 PM
It does not.

And speaking Japanese gets the same reaction? (Or lack thereof?)

JNAProductions
2016-07-27, 11:25 PM
Keep speaking, and it will cost you your action. I would suggest firing off the magic missile.

whiteflash
2016-07-27, 11:32 PM
Keep speaking, and it will cost you your action. I would suggest firing off the magic missile.

Right.

"Okay, screw this." He mutters a bit under his breath while tapping a pattern on his arm, then suddenly jabs his fingers out and shouts "Compile!" Six points of light appear in his hand, and then streak out towards the mass of tentacles.

Barring some sort of interference, it takes [roll0] damage.

JNAProductions
2016-07-27, 11:33 PM
The beasts screams from some sort of mouth hidden under the tentacles as the missiles pierce its flesh.

whiteflash
2016-07-27, 11:42 PM
The beasts screams from some sort of mouth hidden under the tentacles as the missiles pierce its flesh.

Is that that for my turn, or can I try Sanskrit?

Estralita
2016-07-28, 12:31 AM
"AAAUGH!" Paula screamed as the thing grabbed her again. She swung her bat wildly, hoping hit it and get it to release her.

Gonna try making one attack before wasting turns trying to break free. Each turn I delay an attack is a chance for Paula to loose that Searing Smite. Speaking of which, I'd like to check to make sure Paula can choose to do a normal smite after seeing if the attack hits, right?

[roll0] or[roll1]
[roll2]

Searing Smite:[roll3]

JNAProductions
2016-07-28, 10:50 AM
The blow smacks into the creature, making it let out another keening wail of pain. It starts to drag Paula deeper into the tower, and also up the wall, its slimy tentacles easily able to find minor nooks and crannies and simply stick to the wall. Paula's light reveals the room's ceiling is high above-higher than her light can reveal. As it goes, it continues to beat Paula.

Moving 30' up the wall, and back into the tower.

[roll0]
[roll1]

[roll2]
[roll3]

Two attacks, both on Paula.

JNAProductions
2016-07-28, 10:51 AM
Criminy jiminy, I am rolling hot. Sorry!

[roll0]

WilliamD40
2016-07-29, 10:32 AM
Using his Security Baton, The Cole Train, attacks the monster,

[roll0]attack
[roll1] damage

JNAProductions
2016-07-29, 10:39 AM
Using his Security Baton, The Cole Train, attacks the monster,

[roll0]attack
[roll1] damage

He just barely misses his mark, tentacles sliding out of the way, as the creature retreats up a wall.

AoO, if you'd like.

WilliamD40
2016-07-29, 11:05 AM
He just barely misses his mark, tentacles sliding out of the way, as the creature retreats up a wall.

AoO, if you'd like.

The Cole Train, spots a weakness and attacks

[roll0]
[roll1]

Wait, It is a light weapon, I can use DEX! its plus 8 not 5

JNAProductions
2016-07-29, 11:09 AM
The Cole Train, spots a weakness and attacks

[roll0]
[roll1]

The creature is too fast, darting up the wall.

The creature is now 30' up the wall, holding Paula.

whiteflash
2016-07-29, 02:56 PM
The creature is too fast, darting up the wall.

The creature is now 30' up the wall, holding Paula.

"I don't suppose you speak Sanskrit?"

I think it's my turn, so is Paula within sixty feet of me?

JNAProductions
2016-07-29, 06:18 PM
"I don't suppose you speak Sanskrit?"

I think it's my turn, so is Paula within sixty feet of me?

Yes-they are 30' up the wall.

whiteflash
2016-07-29, 10:21 PM
Yes-they are 30' up the wall.

In that case Paula is in range for a feather fall if the monster either drops her or loses its grip on the wall. (Or if it dies.)

"You know what? Screw this. I fail to see how it's still worth it," William says in English rather than trying Mandarin or Aramaic.

William repeats his previous whispered chant before throwing his hands towards the monster again. "Compile!"

The monster takes [roll0] barring some sort of interference.

JNAProductions
2016-07-29, 10:42 PM
The monster lets out yet another screech of agony. It seems pretty well wounded, but certainly not dead yet.

WilliamD40
2016-07-30, 05:56 PM
Whenever it is my turn.
(I forgot, the monster is holding an ally.... that is someone within 5 feet of the monster....)

The Cole Train Throws his Security Baton at the monster.

[roll0]Attack
[roll1]Thrown Baton
[roll2]Sneak Attack

Estralita
2016-07-31, 04:54 PM
"Let go of me!" Paula cried out, attempting to hit the creature again. He focus was on getting the creature away from her by any wmeans

I'm gonna try something a bit tricky. Bonus Action Casting Thunderous Smit, with the intet to knock him away from Paula ( and possibly break it's grip). If this isn't kosher, JNA, just tell me.

Although since I'm guessing that Paula still has disadvantage, it probably doesn't matter:

[roll0]
[roll1]
TS:[roll2]

JNAProductions
2016-07-31, 04:55 PM
[roll0]

Checking to see if you hit. If you do, it needs to make a DC 13 Strength save to hold on to you.

[roll1]

The smite comes into the beast, smacking through its leathery hide. It falls a short distance, dropping Paula, and scurries off into a passageway at the top of the wall, vanishing from sight.

JNAProductions
2016-07-31, 05:03 PM
[roll0] bludgeoning damage from the fall.

whiteflash
2016-07-31, 05:10 PM
William quickly mutters another chant and then gestures to Paula. "Compile!" When she hits the ground with no further injury he blows out a breath he didn't know he was holding.

"Well, it's still out there, but at least none of us died. Are you all right, Paula?"

WilliamD40
2016-07-31, 05:13 PM
The Cole Train, looks around the room, looking for a weapon, and analyzing the room they are all in.

Passive Perception is 24. if I have to roll, [roll0]

Estralita
2016-08-01, 03:58 PM
Paula lay on the floor for a moment still breathing heavily.She put her hand on her chest to steady herself, and suddenly felt better. "I-I think I'm okay, actually. What happened? How did I do that? How am I doing that?" She corrected herself, examining the still glowing bat in her grasp.

Lay on Hands 5 HP. Want to save the rest for emergencies.

Hey, does anyone want to short rest? We could go over more formal introductions, spend some hit dice, Paula could recharge some of the abilities she just spent...

whiteflash
2016-08-01, 04:22 PM
Paula lay on the floor for a moment still breathing heavily.She put her hand on her chest to steady herself, and suddenly felt better. "I-I think I'm okay, actually. What happened? How did I do that? How am I doing that?" She corrected herself, examining the still glowing bat in her grasp.

Lay on Hands 5 HP. Want to save the rest for emergencies.

Hey, does anyone want to short rest? We could go over more formal introductions, spend some hit dice, Paula could recharge some of the abilities she just spent...

"... You don't know how you're doing it? But my abilities... I'm not sure where I got them or what the limits are, but I mostly have a map of what I can do. Oddly enough what I came up with bears a passing resemblance to a mixture of the wizard and sorcerer classes from the Neverwinter Nights..."

William trails off and frowns at an injury of Paula's he could have sworn was deeper when he cast the Feather Fall spell. "... did you just heal yourself? I spent half the time I spent trying to master my powers trying and failing to figure out how to use healing magic..."

I'd be okay with a short rest.

Estralita
2016-08-01, 04:27 PM
Paula shakily got to her feet. "Well, I was a little distracted by the tentacle monster in my face. Just acted instinctively. But maybe our powers work differently?" She glanced at her glowing bat. "Can you light things up too?"

whiteflash
2016-08-01, 04:29 PM
Paula shakily got to her feet. "Well, I was a little distracted by the tentacle monster in my face. Just acted instinctively. But maybe our powers work differently?" She glanced at her glowing bat. "Can you light things up too?"

William sighs. "I think I should be able to. I mean, making light isn't that big a deal, right? But I don't know how. It's one of the things I didn't look into, since I figured I could just bring a flashlight." He chuckles a bit despite himself.

He turns to the Cole Train. "What about you, Cole? Do you have anything... extra? Like, I don't know... an ability to make people forget painful memories or something?"

WilliamD40
2016-08-01, 06:55 PM
Nothing like that, but I have noticed that I can make berries I touch heal people

whiteflash
2016-08-01, 06:56 PM
Nothing like that, but I have noticed that I can make berries I touch heal people

"I'm the only one here who can't heal people then?"

WilliamD40
2016-08-01, 08:24 PM
It's ok I'm not very good at it. My skills are in shooting things. Let's move through this thing... Maybe we will find why it is here.....

whiteflash
2016-08-01, 08:36 PM
"I could do that, if Paula's feeling up to it." William turns to Paula. "Are you ready to keep going?"

WilliamD40
2016-08-03, 04:00 PM
William Cole looks around for any obvious sign on where to go.