PDA

View Full Version : Angry Arcanist - 5e PEACH

DracoKnight
2016-07-19, 01:11 AM
My apologies for the lack of formatting - I was writing this up between takes.

Primal Path: Angry Arcanist

1/3 casting, Ranger spell list (with Sorcerer cantrips), Wisdom Casting Ability, Ritual Casting

Starting at 3rd level, you can cast cantrips through your rage.

Starting at 6th level, while you are raging, if you are targeted by a spell or other magical effect, you have advantage on the saving throw against it. If the effect would cause you to take damage and you succeed you take no damage.

Starting at 10th level, you may maintain concentration on spells while you are raging. If your concentration is broken while you are raging, you gain a level of exhaustion when your rage ends.

Starting at 14th level, you can cast a spell of any level you can cast while you are raging. In addition, when you cast a cantrip, you may make a single weapon attack as a bonus action.

JNAProductions
2016-07-19, 01:16 AM
My apologies for the lack of formatting - I was writing this up between takes.

Primal Path: Angry Arcanist

1/3 casting, Ranger spell list (with Wizard cantrips), Wisdom Casting Ability, Ritual Casting

Starting at 3rd level, you can cast cantrips through your rage.

Starting at 6th level, whenever you are targeted by a spell or other magical effect, you have advantage on the saving throw against it. If you succeed you take no damage.

Starting at 10th level, you may maintain concentration on spells while you are raging. If your concentration is broken while you are raging, you gain a level of exhaustion when your rage ends.

Starting at 14th level, you can cast a spell of any level you can cast while you are raging. In addition, when you cast a cantrip, you may make a single weapon attack as a bonus action.

Seems fine, excepting the level 6 ability. The level 6 abilities on a Barbarian tend to be ribbons-this is very much not. It's also really damn powerful-if you do have to keep it, make it rage-only.

DracoKnight
2016-07-19, 01:24 AM
Seems fine, excepting the level 6 ability. The level 6 abilities on a Barbarian tend to be ribbons-this is very much not. It's also really damn powerful-if you do have to keep it, make it rage-only.

Oops - it's supposed to be when enraged only...I shouldn't type things when rushed.

Awesome, I'm glad this works ^_^