PDA

View Full Version : D&D 5e/Next Nox-Cr Way Too Damn High

JNAProductions
2016-07-19, 11:25 PM
https://s31.postimg.org/xn764v1fd/Nox.png

2016-07-19, 11:32 PM
...as is usually the case, I wanna fight it.

Gastronomie
2016-07-20, 02:57 AM
This thing eats the Tarrasque for breakfast

I mean, shouldn't it be CR 300 or something

khadgar567
2016-07-20, 03:14 AM
my demon hunter combo goes mano o mano with this thing and kills on first turn without eforth

aldeayeah
2016-07-20, 05:45 AM
A high level wizard that also eats action economy for breakfast. Lovely.

Can it steal multiple actions from the same target? Since a successful Steal Action can chain into another Steal Action, he could potentially steal several rounds worth of actions without any real cost.

If that's the case, other than one-shotting it before it starts taking (stealing) actions, or being intelligent enough to resist it, I can't see a way to beat it.

PotatoGolem
2016-07-20, 09:06 AM
Right, how does he not get infinite turns right off the bat? Since he can convert any action into any other action, he can steal all the party's action types for the next 300 turns (turning them into actions for more time stealing) and then massacre them for the 300 rounds they can't do anything

khadgar567
2016-07-20, 10:13 AM
Right, how does he not get infinite turns right off the bat? Since he can convert any action into any other action, he can steal all the party's action types for the next 300 turns (turning them into actions for more time stealing) and then massacre them for the 300 rounds they can't do anything
druid with wildshape = cheese

JNAProductions
2016-07-20, 10:28 AM

He's not guaranteed to win the roll off. He probably will, but it's not guaranteed.

But yes, he does have a reasonable chance of getting a high number of turns. That's intended.

Amechra
2016-07-20, 08:11 PM
Pfft, we all know Nox is CR 1!

(Now Nox + Eliacube empowerment, on the other hand...)

JNAProductions
2016-07-20, 08:14 PM
Pfft, we all know Nox is CR 1!

(Now Nox + Eliacube empowerment, on the other hand...)

True. :P

Well, I think Nox might be a little more than 1 without the Cube. He's still a Xelor.

Have you seen the special with him? It's so tragic!

Amechra
2016-07-20, 08:20 PM
True. :P

Well, I think Nox might be a little more than 1 without the Cube. He's still a Xelor.

Have you seen the special with him? It's so tragic!

Yep. The special also showed that he didn't actually have any access to Xelor magic - he basically just had the racial traits, if that makes sense.

JNAProductions
2016-07-20, 08:22 PM
Yep. The special also showed that he didn't actually have any access to Xelor magic - he basically just had the racial traits, if that makes sense.

I wouldn't say he had no powers-I would say he had no reason to use them. (And had only weak powers.)

But eh, to each their own.