PDA

View Full Version : So I saw Transformers last night!

North
2007-07-03, 11:50 AM
No Spoilers in the first post.

Wow!

I was extremely nervous going in. Jet Megatron, flamed up optimus prime and what not. This is the guy who made ick pearl harbour. Me and a bunch of friends got in line about three hours early to get good seats.

AWESOME!!!

I was very impressed. A lot of the nitpicky changes actually made sense. Optimus was bad ass. And Megatron was downright fearsome. The action was intense. The Autobots really stood out. And they were good. You could get a taste of the individual characters.

I was happy with the story. Good pacing, it was long but it needed to be long. Lots of funny lines and moments.

There was a line at the end of the movie that will cause some contreversy but I was ok with it.

Im seeing it again tomorrow.

Sye216
2007-07-03, 11:57 AM
Hmm. It's good to know it's not too bad. My family wasn't planning on seeing it, but at least I can see some reviews. I was thinking of maybe convincing a friend to take me. I always kinda liked the Transformers. I watched Armada for a while, and I didn't mind they decided to make a movie, but the rest of my family vetoed it. :smallfrown: Oh well.
Good to know it's not as bad as my family says it would be.

Psychotic
2007-07-03, 12:06 PM
I thought it was pretty sweet. Optimus Prime can have my babies.

North
2007-07-03, 12:09 PM
Hmm. It's good to know it's not too bad. My family wasn't planning on seeing it, but at least I can see some reviews. I was thinking of maybe convincing a friend to take me. I always kinda liked the Transformers. I watched Armada for a while, and I didn't mind they decided to make a movie, but the rest of my family vetoed it. :smallfrown: Oh well.
Good to know it's not as bad as my family says it would be.

Yeah the other people i went with liked it as well. When the credits rolled. We started an applause for it. Most of the audience joined in. :smallbiggrin:

Another thing that I really liked was that a lot of squishy humans got killed by decepticons. Not that i wanted to see a slaughter of fleshies. But that they didnt make it kiddy by somehow having noone die.

EvilJames
2007-07-03, 12:30 PM
How did you see it last night I thought it had only been moved up to the 3rd ie Today (If you answered my question already I'll have missed it since I won't be seeing the movie until it's original opening date of the 4th and didn't want to accidently see any spoilers)

skywalker
2007-07-03, 12:31 PM
Yah, it was good that people died realistically. I was so worried at the start that they were just trying to give the mooks some character, but it sure surprised me.

In the final battle, when Optimus showed up, my friend and I said:"Okay, okay, everyone can calm down, the man is here now, everyone can return to their normal business."

Prime was so bad-ass.

North
2007-07-03, 12:55 PM
How did you see it last night I thought it had only been moved up to the 3rd ie Today (If you answered my question already I'll have missed it since I won't be seeing the movie until it's original opening date of the 4th and didn't want to accidently see any spoilers)

Lucky I guess. up here they had two advance showings and we managed to get tickets for it.

Yah, it was good that people died realistically. I was so worried at the start that they were just trying to give the mooks some character, but it sure surprised me.

In the final battle, when Optimus showed up, my friend and I said:"Okay, okay, everyone can calm down, the man is here now, everyone can return to their normal business."

Prime was so bad-ass.

Hells yeah. He was way more of a soldier/warrior in this one.

TheNovak
2007-07-03, 01:30 PM
Anyone who has anything genuinely bad to say about this movie really, really needs to take a step back and reevaluate their lives. And also, lighten up.

Nitpicks? Sure. There were a couple of significant holes in the plot towards the end, the action could have been slowed down a notch, and a few traditional Michael Bay tropes were thrown in for good measure. But serious flaws? No, my friend. No.

This movie rocked. I can't wait to go see it again; I'm only running on a half tank of sleep today (caught the midnight show, and then had to work), but I'm seriously considering goin' back and standing in line again. THIS is what 2007's Summer Blockbuster. Potter's going to have a hell of a time even comin' close.

Seriously, I can't say enough good things about this film. It makes me feel warm and fuzzy whenever I think about any of the awesome bits, from the action scenes to the dialogue. (Even the human bits with Spike--uh, Sam were great! Heh heh, "happy time.") Bumblebee was unfreakingbelievably cool. I mean, I used to like him when I was a kid, but my jaded eyes now view him with mockery and derision...well, did. Movie Bumblebee was a freakin' Bumblebadass. I heart him.

Gah. I love this movie. I think I am gonna go see it again today, dammit.

North
2007-07-03, 03:36 PM
Seriously, I can't say enough good things about this film. It makes me feel warm and fuzzy whenever I think about any of the awesome bits, from the action scenes to the dialogue. (Even the human bits with Spike--uh, Sam were great! Heh heh, "happy time.") Bumblebee was unfreakingbelievably cool. I mean, I used to like him when I was a kid, but my jaded eyes now view him with mockery and derision...well, did. Movie Bumblebee was a freakin' Bumblebadass. I heart him.

Hells yeah I think Bumblee had more personality here then ever before.

Especially considering he only spoke thru radio signal. I lil bit of wreck-gar here lol. I talk tv

Imrahil
2007-07-03, 03:53 PM
Just got back from seeing it myself, and it was definitely worth the money. I never got to watch Transformers when I was younger, but I did know a little about the show. Honestly, I went to see it just to watch giant robots kick the ever-loving **** out of each other, and I wasn't disappointed.

There were occasions where the influences of both Spielberg and Bay were evident:

Having Duhamel talking to his wife and daughter, who 'doesn't know her daddy yet.' - Spielberg

Having Duhamel ride a motorcycle through a city street strewn with rubble, sliding under Blackout and firing into its underside while air support is laying down missile fire. - Bay
Was it a perfect movie? No, but even the few mistakes weren't anything near what one would expect of Bay given his other works. I believe it was put best as follows: It's like Michael Bay took all the bad parts of this movie, strapped some C4 to them, and blew them into oblivion.