PDA

View Full Version : Dual-Cursed Consumed/Blackened

TorqueSpec
2016-07-20, 04:12 PM
What can be done to best optimize a human Dual-Cursed Oracle with the Blackened and Consumed (non-adv.) curses? The idea is to use Oracle's Burden to amplify damage through Blackened's spells. Mysteries on the table are Life (to mitigate the non-lethal damage that racks up through Consumed), Flames (largely flavor based, but gives higher level fire spells), Lore (utility support through skills when not blasting), and Time (good class skills and mid-level spells). Character is level 5, but feats at 3 and 5 are spoken for. Misfortune will be taken as one of the revelations to improve the chances of Oracle's Burden sticking. So, what is the optimal set-up for 2 revelations (1 and 3) and 2 feats (both at 1)?

EDIT: And yes, I realize this may be a bit of a challenge with only 2 feats to spare.

Von Zinzer
2016-07-22, 07:15 AM
Speaking as someone who's playing a level 7 Flame Oracle at the moment, you may find yourself disappointed with just how blasty it is. Blackened helps with that somewhat (even if there's some overlap), but your blasts come online at least a level later than an Evocation Wizard. Are you dead set on being human? Pyromaniac Gnome adds +1 DC to all your [Fire] spells, which is pretty nice. In terms of revelations for Flame I'd suggest that Cinder Dance (+10 ft. movement) and Molten Skin (resist 5 fire) are the best to start with, then Form of Flame (elemental body for hours/day(!)) at 7.

Feat-wise, I guess it really depends on what you're trying to accomplish. I like the delicious barbeque flavour of Flame Mystery, so maybe just double down on the blasting and accept that once you're out of spells you're a bit of a lump.