PDA

View Full Version : Optimization [3.5] Darkvision and Scent

Thurbane
2016-07-20, 06:37 PM
If I want to get Darkvision and Scent on a character that doesn't have these as a racial quality, and I don't want to rely on spells or magic items, what's my best option?

So far, using feats, I'm thinking:

1 Bind Vestige [and bind Amon]
3 Martial Study (Sudden Leap)
6 Martial Stance (Hunter's Sense)

...is there a less feat intensive way of doing this?

Cheers - T

Troacctid
2016-07-20, 06:45 PM
You can get scent with a warblade or swordsage dip via Hunter's Sense, or with a warlock dip via the serpent's tongue least invocation. Becoming a Mulhorandi divine minion would let you gain scent via the Scent feat from Complete Adventurer. There are also several prestige classes that grant it as an extraordinary ability.

See also Lists of Stuff (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?454553-Lists-of-Stuff-(saved-from-Wizards-Community-Forums)), which includes lists of ways to gain darkvision and scent.

Invader
2016-07-20, 06:58 PM
Kelds post#11 for ways to get scent.

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?331895-Gain-Scent

ShurikVch
2016-07-20, 07:05 PM
Half-Minotaur have both - Darkvision and Scent

Also, you can get Darkvision from Light and Darkness mantle, and Scent - from Bestial domain

You can get scent ... with a warlock dip via the serpent's tongue least invocation.And Devil's Sight - for Darkvision

Troacctid
2016-07-20, 07:15 PM
See the unseen is better than devil's sight unless you expect to be in magical darkness a lot.

Darrin
2016-07-21, 06:51 PM
Eyes of the Abyss (Fiendish Codex) can get you Darkvision 30. Requires two feats, though. There may be a soulmeld that grants darkvision... can't remember. Planar Touchstone: Catalogues of Enlightenment linked to the Baator domain lets you see perfectly in all darkness, even magical. Only one feat, although your DM may get whiny about Planar domains being more powerful than normal domains.

Thurbane
2016-07-21, 07:59 PM
Half-Minotaur have both - Darkvision and Scent

Thanks, but I'm specifically trying to avoid racial based stuff (including templates - probably could have made the clearer in OP, sorry).

Also, no Dragon mag stuff at our table, unfortunately.