PDA

View Full Version : Optimization Powered Up Gestalt

bofoshoboaz
2016-07-20, 11:55 PM
Here is the story: my DM feels like being incredibly awful and painful to our group, so to justify it, has decided our next game will be Gestalt. But not normal Gestalt. This version, instead of feats and stats at the normal character levels, we will get a feat every odd level and a stat bonus every even level. We can multi-class on one side as much as we want, but the other side can only have one class with the option of one prestige, but is otherwise stagnant.

I want to make a Dervish of some sort that also abuses Aptitude scimitars with the Lightning Mace feat to Crit as often as possible to attack as much as possible and kill as much as possible. The last character I played in this setting was a Kineticist Psion that blew everything up with his mind, so I feel like killing everything in melee combat this time. No LA is allowed. Oh, and I have been told that I will get an implant to use a potion of haste x/day as this is in a futuristic setting and we are results of experiments gone wrong.

My stats are 18 18 17 13 13 10 (Rolled in front of DM)

Game will start at level 1 but should be leveling quickly, so the build shouldn't need to hit max level before it becomes useful, but will not take forever to get to max level.

Sorry for all the weird rules.

The challenge has been laid.

Show me what you can do ;)

Requiem_Jeer
2016-07-21, 07:38 AM
Does this restriction on classes replace the normal 'no double-PrCing'?

One side: Fighter 2/Ranger2/Swordsage2/Dervish 10/Fighter 4
Other side: Scout 20

Stats:
18 str
17 dex
18 con
13 int
13 wis
10 cha

Not the most optimal build, but solid.

Feats:
1: Combat reflexes, Two-weapon fighting
2: Weapon Focus (Scimitar)
3: Expeditious Dodge
4: Combat Expertise, Mobility
5: Swift Hunter
7: Weapon Focus (Light Mace)
8: Improved Initiative
9: Improved Critical (Scimitar)
11: Lightning Mace
12: Spring Attack
13: Improved Skirmish
15: Exotic Weapon Proficiency (Talenta Boomerang)
16: Blind-fight
17: Boomerang Daze
18: Weapon Specialization (scimitar)
19: Greater TWF
20: Iron Will, Melee weapon mastery (slashing)

So in the end, you'd be a brutal crit-dishing machine, getting stronger with each crit (due to Blood in the Water, the stance you pick up at 5th level), dealing absurd amounts of damage with skirmish, ignoring the type based skirmish immunities with swift hunter, every attack would daze your target, and while maintaining 9-10 skill points a level so you can do trapfinding and tracking on top of brutal murder.

Rebel7284
2016-07-21, 11:50 PM
Perhaps consider swiftblade for your skirmisher class? It works very well with gestalt and probably works for roleplay purposes too as you seem to like haste due to the futuristic potion thingy. :)

I would do something like:

Martial Wizard 5/Swiftblade 10/Martial Wizard +5
//
Factotum 5/Wizard +1/Factotum +2/Wizard +1/Factotum +1/Cloistered Cleric 1/Wizard +1/Warblade 2/Wizard +1/Hit and Run variant Fighter 1/Warblade +2/X 1/Warblade +1

Although the second side can certainly vary. If you are allowed to take prestige classes on both "sides" of the gestalt, you can replace the wizard levels with Incantatrix or Spelldancer(better flavor) or even take the Dervish class, although it really is a weak class. For example, the Dervish capstone is easily replaced by Time Stands Still maneuver and you can recover that and use it several times per encounter.