PDA

View Full Version : A certain Enchantment

Someguy231
2016-07-21, 11:53 AM
So, in a campaign I'm in (it's nearing its end), my cleric character has obtained a +5 Holy Dancing Bastard sword that has a rather unique ability. This ability is that I can store one of my turning attempts into the sword and with that attack, deal an additional +2d6 bludgeoning damage. I was wondering if this is an actual enchantment so I could use it in another campaign, or if it was something that the GM made up for the campaign.

KillianHawkeye
2016-07-21, 12:05 PM
I am certainly not 100% familiar with all of the magic item enhancements that exist in 3.5, but I don't recall ever hearing of anything like this. It sort of sounds like a waste of turn attempts though, to be perfectly honest (for a Cleric anyway, might be worth it if you were a Paladin).

sleepyphoenixx
2016-07-21, 12:55 PM
It's not something that i can recall seeing in any official 3.5 book. There are some that are similar though, and it could be a specific weapon i just haven't heard of. I suggest asking your DM.

For reference, Deep Crystal can do something like that for psions and the Sacred enhancement does it against undead and evil outsiders.
There's also a special material that does something like that in Magic of Eberron iirc, but i don't remember the details.

Khedrac
2016-07-21, 02:26 PM
The closest I am aware of is Divine Wrath (MIC page 33) - we shouldn't quote the whole text here as it is not open souce, but it allow undead on the next hit using a turn attempt for an extra 1d6/charisma bonus against undead.

Thurbane
2016-07-22, 12:27 AM
It vaguely rings a bell from a 3rd party book I own - I'll have a look when I'm at home and see what I can find.

Bronk
2016-07-22, 04:44 AM
He could have used the rules from the sidebar in AEG (10,000g) to add the 'divine justice' feat (from PHII or FCII) to the weapon. That feat sounds similar to what your weapon does, and could be a way for you to replicate it in your game if you can't find a specific enchantment and wanted to stick established rules.

Thurbane
2016-07-22, 05:34 AM
It vaguely rings a bell from a 3rd party book I own - I'll have a look when I'm at home and see what I can find.

I checked Forged In Magic (Paradigm Concepts) and Arms & Armor (Bastion Press), but no luck.

I'm guessing it's a homebrew, but some of the suggestions posted in this thread come pretty close to replicating it.

Someguy231
2016-07-22, 06:01 PM
Eh, I'll just shrug it off and go for a different enchantment.