PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder A Tricky Sword Request

Palanan
2016-07-21, 04:42 PM
I have a player who wants a one-handed sword as close as possible to the elven thinblade from Races of the Wild, but which has the option of dealing either slashing or piercing damage. He wants to use this with Weapon Finesse on a first-level magus.

Is there anything in Pathfinder which fits this description?

Sayt
2016-07-21, 04:49 PM
I don't believe there is, but honestly, Just port over the thinblade.

If you really, really don't want to do it the easy way, Weaponmaster's handbook has rules for designing new weapons.

Psyren
2016-07-22, 09:40 AM
It's basically a rapier, except you can 2-hand it like a longsword. If he doesn't plan on doing that, just use a rapier.

I second Sayt's suggestion, a custom weapon is the only way to capture everything it does if "close enough" won't cut it. (No pun intended.)

stack
2016-07-22, 10:16 AM
Aldori dueling sword is a longsword that you can finesse if proficient. Step up damage wise from the rapier, but doesn't have the crit range. Could use that as another comparable when designing a new weapon, though as an exotic it is mediocre for its cost (like pretty much all exotics that you don't get free).

Psyren
2016-07-22, 11:47 AM
He could design it as an exotic, and then stick "Elven" in the name so that elves treat it as a martial, getting the best of both worlds.