PDA

View Full Version : Staff IC III -A Skele-Ton of Second Chances

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

DaOldeWolf
2016-07-21, 11:50 PM
"Thank goodness you are here. I am so lost. I don't even know how I got here." BubbleGuard proclaims happily in a gentle tone. "Friend? I have been here alone the whole time, mister. I promise you."

"Is everything ok?" Charcoal asks confused by his attitude.

"Brother, you don't understand. This must be one of their tests." He tells him worried.

"Well, we cant return to the castle until we find the new recruits."

"New recruits? Castle? What are you talking about?"

igordragonian
2016-07-22, 12:05 AM
Deepwood face hoofed himself. He landed infront if Bubble.
"Maybe it's the wrong time to tell you, that I'v forgotten to write my records for a... WHOLE WEEK!" he grinned evily while provoking him.

DaOldeWolf
2016-07-22, 12:19 AM
"You must have confused me with someone else, Mister. I have no idea what you are talking about. Maybe, I should present myself. My name is BubbleGuard. It is a pleasure meeting you all." BubbleGuard replies shyly.

Emperor Ing
2016-07-22, 12:53 AM
Oh horror of horrors! Tailwind exclaims, raising a fetlock to her forehead as she nearly swoons to fainting. The Great and Glorious God-Emperor of Ponykind fails to recognize his rightful place by my side as his Queen! Fear not, my lord! You shall be restored to your rightful place upon the Throne of Skulls for the almighty Emperor Bubble-Guard is not so easily destroyed!

igordragonian
2016-07-22, 01:02 AM
Deepwood shrugged.
"Well. He doomed." He started to walk back, and stopped sighing.
"Fine." he groaned at himself and gotten back to Bubble.
"I am Deepwood. Do you know what terror have brought you to this place?" he has asked to make sure how terrible the situation is.
He stared at Tailwind with tilted ear

Emmerlaus
2016-07-22, 06:11 AM
Sugar free herself from the hug: " And my name is Sugar Rush. Im the cook at Starswirl's castle. Tell me Bubbles, whats your job and your special talent? "

SUgar raise a eyebrow at Tailwind latest comment. She didnt understand her sometimes.

DaOldeWolf
2016-07-22, 11:28 AM
Oh horror of horrors! Tailwind exclaims, raising a fetlock to her forehead as she nearly swoons to fainting. The Great and Glorious God-Emperor of Ponykind fails to recognize his rightful place by my side as his Queen! Fear not, my lord! You shall be restored to your rightful place upon the Throne of Skulls for the almighty Emperor Bubble-Guard is not so easily destroyed!

"Oh, you must be Princess Snowfeathers. It is a pleasure to finally meet you. You really don't look like a gryphon though." BubbleGuard notices a bit confused. "Still, I must warn you. I have a very strict policy against violence so I cant endorse the use of skulls for thrones."

Deepwood shrugged.
"Well. He doomed." He started to walk back, and stopped sighing.
"Fine." he groaned at himself and gotten back to Bubble.
"I am Deepwood. Do you know what terror have brought you to this place?" he has asked to make sure how terrible the situation is.
He stared at Tailwind with tilted ear

"I am not really sure. I was getting ready to finish a project with a few friends when *poof*, I was here. This must be one of those D'Magic tests." BubbleGuard replies with great concern. "I don't think it is a good idea for you all to stay with me. It is not safe during a test. I wonder if my friends where also brought to this place too."

Sugar free herself from the hug: " And my name is Sugar Rush. Im the cook at Starswirl's castle. Tell me Bubbles, whats your job and your special talent? "

SUgar raise a eyebrow at Tailwind latest comment. She didnt understand her sometimes.

"You know Starswirl too! Isn't he the coolest? He asked me to work for him a few years ago but I had to reject the offer." BubbleGuard proclaims before answering Sugar´s question. "Anyway, to answer your question. I am a just a student and my special talent is protective and healing magic. Since I lack a horn, I had to improvise how to use my magic. I use mixes I carry with myself for such a job."

Charcoal was registering the area with the help of his horn. He then decided to share his findings with the rest hoping to impress them "I have detected some traces of magic left in the area. A spell must have been cast. I am not sure which kind of spell though."

Emperor Ing
2016-07-22, 01:37 PM
So do I, in fact! However my policies are slightly more relaxed against...DECEPTION!! For I am NOT Princess Snowfeathers, nor was I previously aware such a pony...or gryphon existed! I made it all up! All for the great and NOBLE purpose of testing your sense of humor! Sadly I must inform you of your status as NOT the God-Emperor of Ponykind!

My true name is Tailwind, for only foul sorcery can extinguish the memory of me from you mind!

Emmerlaus
2016-07-22, 09:43 PM
Sugar sigh then turn to Charcoal: " So you think he is under a spell influcence? Hummm... Maybe we should bring him back to Starswirl. We have nopony to break that spell right now! As for teh guests, well... Deepwood, do you mind searching for them? Me, I'll bring back Bubbbles at the castle. As painful as it is for me to admit it, I believe he should recover his memories."

igordragonian
2016-07-23, 06:03 PM
"Friends?" Deepwood asked. "What friends?" he asked Bubble
Deepwood perked his ears.
"Sure. I can't let him stay huggy pony." He said with dread.
"Even my cruelty know it's bounds." And with that he letted out a squeak. "eep!"

mind

[roll0]+3

DaOldeWolf
2016-07-23, 07:21 PM
So do I, in fact! However my policies are slightly more relaxed against...DECEPTION!! For I am NOT Princess Snowfeathers, nor was I previously aware such a pony...or gryphon existed! I made it all up! All for the great and NOBLE purpose of testing your sense of humor! Sadly I must inform you of your status as NOT the God-Emperor of Ponykind!

My true name is Tailwind, for only foul sorcery can extinguish the memory of me from you mind!

"We know each other? Oh my! Forgive me for forgetting about you, Princess Tailwind." He vows down as he says this. He tried to remember but nothing came to his mind about her. "Let me make it up to you. Maybe, I could cast a beautification bubble spell. Its like a spa treatment. Get yourself completely cleaned up. Mane and hooves treatment included. I assure you that you will feel like you have been in a spa the whole day."

Sugar sigh then turn to Charcoal: " So you think he is under a spell influcence? Hummm... Maybe we should bring him back to Starswirl. We have nopony to break that spell right now! As for teh guests, well... Deepwood, do you mind searching for them? Me, I'll bring back Bubbbles at the castle. As painful as it is for me to admit it, I believe he should recover his memories."

"I am not sure what I should do. Would it be right to abandon either Deepwood or Sugar and Tailwind alone in this forest? Starswirl said to come back with both BubbleGuard and the new recruits." Charcoal thinks out loud. He then notices, he is being speak to. "Yeah, there is no doubt in mind that spells were casted in this area."

"Friends?" Deepwood asked. "What friends?" he asked Bubble
Deepwood perked his ears.
"Sure. I can't let him stay huggy pony." He said with dread.
"Even my cruelty know it's bounds." And with that he letted out a squeak. "eep!"

"Yep, those are the ponies that I was working with before appearing in this forest. They are my very best friends. They are Marshall Shadow, Cutie Box and Daily Delivery. I just hope they are alright. Could you check for my friends too? I am sure they must be worried about my disappearance." BubbleGuard expresses to the staff.

Charcoal cringes when he hears those names.

mind

[roll0]+3

What is this mind roll for? :smallconfused:

igordragonian
2016-07-23, 07:27 PM
Sonar hearing. Looking for more ponies around

"Aha. And who are they exactly?"

DaOldeWolf
2016-07-23, 07:43 PM
Sonar hearing. Looking for more ponies around

"Aha. And who are they exactly?"

Deepwood detects an unusual spherical object floating away. it isn't that far away from where you currently are.

"They are also unicorn students at the academy. We have been friends for a few years now. We are currently working together to make a machine that produces pretty resilient bubbles. It is our grand project." BubbleGuard explains with a smile.

Emmerlaus
2016-07-23, 09:10 PM
" Charcoal, one of us need to bring Bubbles to Starswirl. If you wont do it, I will. "

Then she goes to Bubbles: " Bubbles, would you mind I take you to see Starswirl the Bearded? I think you should meet him..."

Fell free to contradict Sugar at anytime. :

igordragonian
2016-07-24, 12:23 AM
Deepwood frowned.
"Stay here" Deepwood commanded.
"And hide' he commanded.

And with that he flew to look the.. object.

(Need to roll for stealth?)

Emperor Ing
2016-07-24, 01:42 AM
Oh horror upon horrors! For it would appear my legendary humor is far too powerful! Bubble Guard! Listen well for it very well may be your last chance! I am not royalty at all, and my introduction in its entirety was but a joke! I spoke it to see if you were indeed Bubble Guard!

My congratulations, for your identity shall go further unquestioned!

And my apologies for clouding your perceptions of me with lies, but I assure you! It shall be no more, for my name is indeed Tailwind!

Hmm... Tailwind puts a foreleg under her chin, eyes narrowed inquisitively, tracking Deepwood as he follows...something. We shall follow Deepwood, and descend upon him at once upon the need for backup!

DaOldeWolf
2016-07-24, 10:07 AM
" Charcoal, one of us need to bring Bubbles to Starswirl. If you wont do it, I will. "

Then she goes to Bubbles: " Bubbles, would you mind I take you to see Starswirl the Bearded? I think you should meet him..."

"Miss Sugar, I would recommend against doing this. You could get lost in the forest.Not to mention that there are dangerous creatures in this forest. It would be a pretty bad move to travel through the forest with him as he is now." Charcoal explains.

"Miss Sugar, you have my trust. I would gladly follow you." BubbleGuard answers to her.

Deepwood frowned.
"Stay here" Deepwood commanded.
"And hide' he commanded.

And with that he flew to look the.. object.

(Need to roll for stealth?)

Deepwood manages to find the mysterious object. Deepwood looks at the object and immediately identifies it as one of BubbleGuard´s protection bubbles. Inside the bubble, there is a dark blue pegasus relaxing. He doesn't seem to have noticed Deepwood.

Oh horror upon horrors! For it would appear my legendary humor is far too powerful! Bubble Guard! Listen well for it very well may be your last chance! I am not royalty at all, and my introduction in its entirety was but a joke! I spoke it to see if you were indeed Bubble Guard!

My congratulations, for your identity shall go further unquestioned!

And my apologies for clouding your perceptions of me with lies, but I assure you! It shall be no more, for my name is indeed Tailwind!

Hmm... Tailwind puts a foreleg under her chin, eyes narrowed inquisitively, tracking Deepwood as he follows...something. We shall follow Deepwood, and descend upon him at once upon the need for backup!

"I could still use the spell if you like. You don't need to be royalty to deserve compensation for me forgetting about you." BubbleGuard insists as he follows Tailwind. They both get see the pony laying on his back and relaxing. Meanwhile, Charcoal waits for Sugar Rush instead of following Tailwind and BubbleGuard.

igordragonian
2016-07-24, 11:41 AM
Deepwood has acknowledged Tailwind presence, by sighing.
"Wasn't I loud enough?!" he grumbled.
"Please.. back me up or something. If Bubble used this ridiculus protection spell, it means that somethinf terrible has happened. Maybe memory eating monster. Or.. something.' Deepwood flew toward the bubble and tapped on it.
HEY! YOU!" he barked.

Emmerlaus
2016-07-24, 12:33 PM
Seeing Bubbles getting away, Sugar could only follow him and see what the other are seeing. She was frowning and watching what was going on...

Emperor Ing
2016-07-24, 01:28 PM
All I ask is that you keep your distance, for I take LARGE steps! Tailwind cheers, trotting over to the bubble, waving to the pony inside. Hi!! She waves enthusiastically.

Emmerlaus
2016-07-24, 01:38 PM
Sugar whisper to Charcoal: " You seem to know the name Bubbles mentionned earlier. Who are they, allies or ennemies? "

igordragonian
2016-07-24, 05:09 PM
All I ask is that you keep your distance, for I take LARGE steps! Tailwind cheers, trotting over to the bubble, waving to the pony inside. Hi!! She waves enthusiastically.

Deepwood sighed.
"Are you sure you aren't a bat pony?"

DaOldeWolf
2016-07-24, 07:57 PM
Deepwood has acknowledged Tailwind presence, by sighing.
"Wasn't I loud enough?!" he grumbled.
"Please.. back me up or something. If Bubble used this ridiculus protection spell, it means that somethinf terrible has happened. Maybe memory eating monster. Or.. something.' Deepwood flew toward the bubble and tapped on it.
HEY! YOU!" he barked.

"Ah! Deepwood, Sugar Rush, Tailwind, and Charcoal Knight, you all finally arrived. I was wondering when you would make your appearance. Its a pleasure finally meeting you all in the flesh even if I technically know you." the dark blue pegasus replies playfully as he stands up. "You just missed the most amazing battle between BubbleGuard and that manticore. I have been waiting for your arrival. I knew you would come. Since introductions arent necessary on your side, I should present myself so we are on equal terrain. My name is Night Shift."

Sugar whisper to Charcoal: " You seem to know the name Bubbles mentionned earlier. Who are they, allies or ennemies? "

"Those ponies he speaks of..... well, those ponies acted as if they were his friends. They were hired by the higher ups in our family to gain BubbleGuard´s trust.... and then betray that trust when he would need it the most. They never appeared to finish this project is speaking of." Charcoal whispers to Sugar Rush trying to keep his anger in control.

Emperor Ing
2016-07-24, 11:39 PM
"Introductions unnecessary?!" Blasphemy! Tailwind booms. Common courtesy chomps at the bit demanding its employ towards you, and so I shall oblige! My greetings to you, Sir Night Shift! Tailwind gives an exaggerated bow. I am the thunder of a thousand voices crying out in boredom! I am the bane of all dirt and grime! The name stains and uncleanliness speak of only in whisper to avoid the fate that which has already cleansed thousands of their kind! Fear not, dear Night Shift, the untidiness of the Castle of Master Arch-Wizard Fancy-Tile Starswirl the Bearded, for I am the invincible bulwark between yourself and the dirty, for my name is Tailwind, and I am the maid of the castle!! She raises a hoof imperiously to the sky as her voice rises to crescendo.

Then her voice drops to normal-ish volume as she resumes a relaxed quadrupedal stance. And it is a magnificent pleasure to meet your acquaintance, Sir Night Shift, I look forward to the pleasure of further meeting! I can assure you Bubble Guard is mostly unharmed! We...only need to free you from this bubble!

igordragonian
2016-07-25, 12:04 AM
Deepwood's both ears and left eye twitched from the loud noise his energetic maid friend made, which have been more than doubled with his hearing.
"Hmph. Yeah. Shamgic is the source to all problems. Typical. Let's drag it back to Bubble Guard. He should know to cancel this ridiculus spell'
Deepwood pulled a rope and started to tie the bubble.
"But, where are the ponies that Bubble should have met?"

DaOldeWolf
2016-07-25, 10:39 AM
"Introductions unnecessary?!" Blasphemy! Tailwind booms. Common courtesy chomps at the bit demanding its employ towards you, and so I shall oblige! My greetings to you, Sir Night Shift! Tailwind gives an exaggerated bow. I am the thunder of a thousand voices crying out in boredom! I am the bane of all dirt and grime! The name stains and uncleanliness speak of only in whisper to avoid the fate that which has already cleansed thousands of their kind! Fear not, dear Night Shift, the untidiness of the Castle of Master Arch-Wizard Fancy-Tile Starswirl the Bearded, for I am the invincible bulwark between yourself and the dirty, for my name is Tailwind, and I am the maid of the castle!! She raises a hoof imperiously to the sky as her voice rises to crescendo.

Then her voice drops to normal-ish volume as she resumes a relaxed quadrupedal stance. And it is a magnificent pleasure to meet your acquaintance, Sir Night Shift, I look forward to the pleasure of further meeting! I can assure you Bubble Guard is mostly unharmed! We...only need to free you from this bubble!

"You missed my point. I have memories of all of you. Memories that we spent time together. That is why I know your names and was pretty sure you would come." Night Shift tries to explain.

Deepwood's both ears and left eye twitched from the loud noise his energetic maid friend made, which have been more than doubled with his hearing.
"Hmph. Yeah. Shamgic is the source to all problems. Typical. Let's drag it back to Bubble Guard. He should know to cancel this ridiculus spell'
Deepwood pulled a rope and started to tie the bubble.
"But, where are the ponies that Bubble should have met?"

"He met with me as it was supposed to happen. I am the new recruit. I didn't see any other pony though when I arrived here." Night Shift comments.

Emmerlaus
2016-07-25, 10:55 AM
" How could you have memories of all of us if we met for the first time today? "

DaOldeWolf
2016-07-25, 12:36 PM
"That is an excellent question..... to which I have no answer for." Night Shift explains. "I just kind of know you. This is the weirdest thing that has ever happened to me."

"Can we really trust his word? His story doesn't make sense. For starters, I wouldn't fight a manticore because I am a complete pacifist. Second, I am not an employee of any kind. I am a student. Finally, why would I have time to be part of your story if I don't know you? " BubbleGuard points out.

Charcoal decides to ignore everything his brother said. "There is only one thing I agree with BubbleGuard and that is the the fact that we cant just believe your story without evidence."

"What exactly can I show you? I didn't bring anything here. I know you are a reasonable bunch. Let me tell you the whole story. I was getting ready and packing my stuff to go to my new job at the castle when I was teleported out of nowhere to this forest. Suddenly I saw a manticore face to face to BubbleGuard. They seemingly were about to get into combat. BubbleGuard looked at me with a confident face and said:

"Leave this to me and stay behind. As the talented general of the guard of this castle, it is my duty to keep every member in the staff safe." BubbleGuard told me.

The manticore then roared. " BubbleGuard, you have to win this D'Magic challenge against me first."

The manticore launched a couple of magical attacks against him. BubbleGuard blocked all of its magical advances. One of those spells hit a ....cube, I guess?... and then BubbleGuard trapped me and the manticore in bubbles. I then remember an explosion. I floated away and waited for you guys to arrive." He ends the story hoping he didn't forget anything.

Emperor Ing
2016-07-25, 01:56 PM
A proper and polite introduction shall not be denied, nonetheless! Tailwind boomed.

She then thought about what Night Shift explained, and came up with a theory. What is it you can tell me about Deepwood? She asks, very specifically.

DaOldeWolf
2016-07-25, 02:37 PM
"From his very first day of work, to our missions together to even seeing him in the morning before going to the forest. He first arrived to this forest at the same time as Sugar Rush and you. I cant remember anything before that of my life at the castle. If that makes any sense. I am not sure I can make much sense of it." Night Shift struggles a bit to explain.

Emperor Ing
2016-07-25, 03:06 PM
Actually it makes perfect sense! Tailwind cheered as she felt her theories verified. For you see, clearly there was some magical feedback, and in the process Bubble Guard's memories were torn asunder! But they were not merely destroyed or suppressed, no! They were implanted into you, and I would dare suggest that your counterpart has some memories as well!

igordragonian
2016-07-25, 03:58 PM
Deepwood face hoofed himself.
"And that why I hate shmagic." he muttered.
"And we still have a missing newbie. Has the manticore ate him?"

Emmerlaus
2016-07-25, 06:20 PM
"From his very first day of work, to our missions together to even seeing him in the morning before going to the forest. He first arrived to this forest at the same time as Sugar Rush and you. I cant remember anything before that of my life at the castle. If that makes any sense. I am not sure I can make much sense of it." Night Shift struggles a bit to explain.

Sugar nod to Tailwind: " It does seem to be the case tailwind. I believe he have Bubbles memories as well. But also, since when Manticore talked and worked for D'Magic? I believe that manticore WASNT one and it was mostly a disguise. Deepwood, Manticore dont talk and cast spells right? "

igordragonian
2016-07-25, 06:27 PM
"
Sugar nod to Tailwind: " It does seem to be the case tailwind. I believe he have Bubbles memories as well. But also, since when Manticore talked and worked for D'Magic? I believe that manticore WASNT one and it was mostly a disguise. Deepwood, Manticore dont talk and cast spells right? "

'not the ones I know" Deepwood grumbled.

DaOldeWolf
2016-07-25, 06:56 PM
Actually it makes perfect sense! Tailwind cheered as she felt her theories verified. For you see, clearly there was some magical feedback, and in the process Bubble Guard's memories were torn asunder! But they were not merely destroyed or suppressed, no! They were implanted into you, and I would dare suggest that your counterpart has some memories as well!

"So, is my counterpart the other employee or is it the manticore?" Night Shift asks to Tailwind still unsure of her thought process.

Deepwood face hoofed himself.
"And that why I hate shmagic." he muttered.
"And we still have a missing newbie. Has the manticore ate him?"

"That is another good question to which I have no answer for. I am sorry I cannot help with that." Night Shift laments.

"

'not the ones I know" Deepwood grumbled.

"Maybe, I don't know. Manticores aren't in my field of knowledge." Charcoal adds. "If this story is true, then we need to speak with the manticore to finally piece together this whole story. Deepwood, you are supposedly an excellent tracker, right? Do you think you can find a manticore trapped inside a bubble? Sugar Rush, I know this isnt the perfect conditions for cooking but a quick meal could help us regain strength in case we might need to subdue the manticore. Tailwind, could you keep an eye on BubbleGuard? And Night Shift, I think you will have to spend some more time inside the bubble so I am sorry for your situation."

"I am fine. I think I will fly around in circles if it gets too dark to illuminate our way back. When I fly at high speeds, I leave a glowing trail that can only been seen in the dark." Night Shift suggests.

Emperor Ing
2016-07-25, 08:20 PM
Your counterpart, fellow newbie... Tailwind sighs, having no interest in articulating this pony's name. Blowhard Joe.

Very well! Tailwind salutes Charcoal. Bubble Guard shall not escape my presence!

igordragonian
2016-07-26, 12:13 AM
"Manticores usually dont eat ponies...' he said with worry.
"I hope he didn't changed his diet, that would terrifying. he sighed.
"Before I go, does any of know anything about this Blowjob? Maybe he e or she is a weremanticore? It would so terribly typical of Ol' One to hire weremanticore'

Emmerlaus
2016-07-26, 07:31 PM
Sugar didnt like the idea of cooking in the wild, with no toll... But she supposed Charcoal was hungry so she tried to whip something.

Flying around, she found a few fruits and berries and a few roots she could slightly cook. She hidden herself in the sky to do that to not be noticed but she cooked the food on her mere body. Her inner fire training was good and she was able to cook things using her wings as hot surface.

Then she brought could be considered as a fruit salad, with dried roots in it.

" Alright everyone, take a bite if your hungry!"

DaOldeWolf
2016-07-26, 11:10 PM
Your counterpart, fellow newbie... Tailwind sighs, having no interest in articulating this pony's name. Blowhard Joe.

Very well! Tailwind salutes Charcoal. Bubble Guard shall not escape my presence!

BubbleGuard is surprised by the attention. "I am not going to run away either way. I don't understand why I need protection." BubbleGuard complains.

"Manticores usually dont eat ponies...' he said with worry.
"I hope he didn't changed his diet, that would terrifying. he sighed.
"Before I go, does any of know anything about this Blowjob? Maybe he e or she is a weremanticore? It would so terribly typical of Ol' One to hire weremanticore'

"I don't know a thing. Didn't Starswirl mention something about its color?" Charcoal replies trying to remember some details about their subject. "Oh yeah. He mentioned it could fly. It must be a batpony or another pegasus if I have to guess."

Sugar didnt like the idea of cooking in the wild, with no toll... But she supposed Charcoal was hungry so she tried to whip something.

Flying around, she found a few fruits and berries and a few roots she could slightly cook. She hidden herself in the sky to do that to not be noticed but she cooked the food on her mere body. Her inner fire training was good and she was able to cook things using her wings as hot surface.

Then she brought could be considered as a fruit salad, with dried roots in it.

" Alright everyone, take a bite if your hungry!"

"I already know your food tastes delicious and I am going to be the only one missing out." Night Shift sighs as he sees the delicious dishes.The rest starting digging in. Charcoal is the first to compliment Sugar Rush on her magnificent cooking. BubbleGuard is also surprised by the quality of the food in spite of the conditions.

igordragonian
2016-07-27, 12:22 AM
Deepwood gasped. "A bat pony?! A BAT PONY?! Deepwood's eye twitched. He panted with growing histery. "Has the Ol' One finally lost it!! To hire a bat pony?!"

Emmerlaus
2016-07-27, 12:55 AM
Deepwood gasped. "A bat pony?! A BAT PONY?! Deepwood's eye twitched. He panted with growing histery. "Has the Ol' One finally lost it!! To hire a bat pony?!"

" Oh, the horror! Whatever should we do? I could never work with a bat pony! "

Sugar is clearly pulling your leg, joking. She blow Deepwood a rasberry: " It cant be that bad Deepwood, cheer up! Trust Tea Agony judgement. "

igordragonian
2016-07-27, 01:05 AM
" Oh, the horror! Whatever should we do? I could never work with a bat pony! "

Sugar is clearly pulling your leg, joking. She blow Deepwood a rasberry: " It cant be that bad Deepwood, cheer up! Trust Tea Agony judgement. "

'What Tea Agony has to do with that?" after a sigh he ask Bubble.
"Do you remember how to cancel a protection bubble?"

Emmerlaus
2016-07-27, 01:39 AM
'What Tea Agony has to do with that?" after a sigh he ask Bubble.
"Do you remember how to cancel a protection bubble?"

" Tea Agony pick all the canditate depending of their pourcentage of connection they could have with the rest of the crew. At least that's what she told me. So even if it was a bat pony, it would get along with us just fine."

DaOldeWolf
2016-07-27, 01:40 AM
"I think I could dismiss the spell if its mine. It wouldn't be that complicated. It does resemble my best defensive spell." BubbleGuard admits as he dismisses the spell making the bubble pop.

"It is really nice to be about. May I have some food now? I am getting kinda hungry too just by watching you all eat." Night Shift requests to Sugar Rush.

"It is a good thing that the bubble is so resilient. Even a manticore is going to have a hard time getting out of it." Charcoal declares for a moment before going back to eating.

Emmerlaus
2016-07-27, 01:43 AM
" Sure, have some! I had to improvise but it taste good!"

She give a portion to Night Shift.

Emperor Ing
2016-07-27, 02:05 AM
Ahh fmmnk fggghr umm mukk e'en urt affe uuud! Tailwind cheered in between mouthfuls.

Emmerlaus
2016-07-27, 02:24 AM
Ahh fmmnk fggghr umm mukk e'en urt affe uuud! Tailwind cheered in between mouthfuls.

" Tailwind, please, don't speak with your mouth full. Chew first or you gonna choke one day. "

DaOldeWolf
2016-07-27, 10:42 AM
"So, does anypony know how are we going to get the manticore to answer our questions? The manticore is a D'Magic agent. I also don't think it will be happy to meet us after spending all that time trapped in the bubble." Charcoal decides to bring up the subject.

igordragonian
2016-07-27, 05:29 PM
"He doesn't need to be happy. He just need to work hard, and not get to my bad side." Deepwood said with a frown getting up.

"Sugat Rush, please save me something to eat later."

Emmerlaus
2016-07-27, 05:50 PM
"He doesn't need to be happy. He just need to work hard, and not get to my bad side." Deepwood said with a frown getting up.

"Sugar Rush, please save me something to eat later."

" ... its a little late for asking that," she point out as Night Shift is eating the last portion.

Emperor Ing
2016-07-27, 06:00 PM
Tailwind finally manages to swallow, a sizeable bulge worming its way down her throat. No question of health shall halt me from complimenting even your improvised cooking!

Now then! As for the Manticore...Deepwood? You found Night Shift, are you able to locate the second bubble?

igordragonian
2016-07-27, 06:07 PM
"Typical.." he muttered for the loss of the food

"Hmpgh... let's.. hear. Eep!" Deepwood has answered Tailwind and letted out a squeak

[roll0]+3

DaOldeWolf
2016-07-27, 06:26 PM
Deepwood recognizes another round object on the vicinity though this floating object is a bit bigger than the other one. Deepwood recognized this was the direction to the Sap Pit. A sugary and sticky nightmare of a place especially at this time of the year. Deepwood could probably still remember getting stuck in there for three days with Bubbleguard once.

igordragonian
2016-07-27, 06:57 PM
Deepwood's fur shivered.
"I think I have found him.. but it's a dangerouse place.: he has warned.

Emmerlaus
2016-07-27, 10:38 PM
" What about it? "

Emperor Ing
2016-07-27, 10:43 PM
Mmmm, dangerous how? Tailwind asked.

igordragonian
2016-07-27, 11:11 PM
"It's a sap pit. Me and Bubble once were stuck thers for three days! Bah. Digusting place.'

DaOldeWolf
2016-07-28, 10:51 AM
"I have been there myself. it is a dangerous place where you could get stuck for days with your only found being the sticky and overwhelmingly sugary sap. It covers every tree and every leaf, even the water is actually sap. There are dangerous creatures in this place that have learnt to adapt to this dangerous but sugary environment. " Charcoal declares hoping to give more insight on the place.

"That sounds like the place I definitely don't want to go to." Night Shift comments.

"So, what can we do to avoid getting trapped in this awful place?" BubbleGuard asks with curiosity.

"We fly. I will use my fire propulsion spell to remain airborne. You can use a floating bubble to travel inside. The rest of you, well, it should be obvious." Charcoal declares.

igordragonian
2016-07-28, 01:01 PM
Deepwood sighed.
'Let's see how worse things can get from there...' he flapped his wings and started to lead the way.

Emperor Ing
2016-07-28, 01:18 PM
Sugary? That sounds awesome! Tailwind followed, keeping herself at a low hover. As tempting as it sounded, she was willing to defer to Deepwood's expertise.

Emmerlaus
2016-07-28, 10:12 PM
" Im not worried. " Sugar say, flying and following the group.

igordragonian
2016-07-29, 12:33 AM
"You should be.' Deepwood muttered.
"Things still can get worse- and so they will.'

DaOldeWolf
2016-07-29, 12:48 AM
As the group fly, they start to see the terrain become covered in a yellow substance. Charcoal once again warns the others to avoid getting into contact with the sap. Everything from the trees to the rocks to the floor appeared to be covered in the substance. The smell is overwhelmingly sweet.

"I don't see any creatures." Night Shift points out as he looks around.

"Don't be tricked into a false sense of security. The creatures are everywhere. They are just waiting for something to get stuck in this place."

As you all move through the forest, you manage to see the bubble stuck in some of strange formation of sap. The manticore is looking uncomfortable inside the small bubble.

igordragonian
2016-07-29, 12:56 AM
"Charocal gotten this right ' Deepwood muttered, and when they have found the manticore he flew toward it, avoiding the sap.
"Well. I'v heard that you can talk. So you better start talking- and convince me to help you, instead of pushing you deeper into the sap.' Deepwood said witb a frown

Emmerlaus
2016-07-29, 01:06 AM
" Ok, THAT cannot be a natural occurency. How such phenomenon happened?! Think of all the sweets I could make with that sap! " Sugar is more amazed by the world around her then by the manticore.

Emperor Ing
2016-07-29, 01:15 AM
Auuuahuuuauuughh.... Tailwind drooled as the smell lulled her into sweet bliss. So delicious...

DaOldeWolf
2016-07-29, 01:30 AM
The manticore is white on his fur except for the mane which is black. The manticore thinks for a second about what to say. "Umm.. I am a bit surprised. You lot arrived a bit later than I expected. I wonder why you are here. No, I actually don't. I actually know exactly why you are here. You are here because your friend lost his memory. You also came here because you are looking for the other staff member. You also want your firend´s memories back. The ones that currently reside in me. Am I right about everything so far?" The manticore keeps its eyes closed the whole time. "The one I am speaking to.... are you Deepwood or are you Charcoal Knight?"

Emmerlaus
2016-07-29, 01:33 AM
The manticore is white on his fur except for the mane which is black. The manticore thinks for a second about what to say. "Umm.. I am a bit surprised. You lot arrived a bit later than I expected. I wonder why you are here. No, I actually don't. I actually know exactly why you are here. You are here because your friend lost his memory. You also came here because you are looking for the other staff member. You also want your firend´s memories back. The ones that currently reside in me. Am I right about everything so far?" The manticore keeps its eyes closed the whole time. "The one I am speaking to.... are you Deepwood or are you Charcoal Knight?"

Sugar take attention to the Manticore: " Less mindreading, more answers! Or Im pushing your bubbles in the sap and you'll be a goner! Why did you attack Bubbles and the new comer, you D'Magic poser of a Manticore? "

Emperor Ing
2016-07-29, 01:37 AM
Hold your horses! Tailwind says, suddenly becoming serious. She floats towards the bubble. Blow-ugh! Pardon me, Blowhard Joe I presume?

DaOldeWolf
2016-07-29, 01:47 AM
"Please, remain calm, as the girl pegasus said, I am Blowhard Joe. Is it Tailwind or is it Sugar Rush? The least we need is that you have a harder time getting me out later assuming that is where future takes us. I got involved in a battle with BubbleGuard. A D'Magic contracted me to get into combat with BubbleGuard as a test of some sort. The idea sounded exciting. BubbleGuard is one of the best magic duelist I have heard of. He doesn't harm its opponents but still manages to beat them." It is a bit hard to see the true nature of the manticore due to its eyes remaining close.

The manticore is actually pretty relaxed. Its facial muscles reveal it is pretty calm and doesnt seem to have any bad intent.

"I am not sure how to feel about this." BubbleGuard proclaims.

"I believe being trapped here makes BubbleGuard the winner of the encounter so may I be released from this prison? " the manticore declares.

Emperor Ing
2016-07-29, 02:04 AM
Behold! For I am Tailwind!! The Pegasus emphasizes this point by raising both forelegs into the sky.

If you have Lord Bubbles' memories, then I do declare that you must already know: I cannot allow a speck of dirt or grime to befall you! Towards this end, I shall recommend in the strongest of terms! Recommend against your...immediate release, for if you are released now, you will SURELY probably fall upon a terrible, sticky, sugary, sweet-smelling fate!

Probably!

But hope is not lost! We simply must push the bubble outside this pit!

igordragonian
2016-07-29, 04:29 AM
Deepwood frowned all the time thinking.

"Wait.' He grunted
'How do we know you weren't hired to make more troubles to Bubble Guard? And what exactly happened to the memories?!"

DaOldeWolf
2016-07-29, 12:04 PM
Behold! For I am Tailwind!! The Pegasus emphasizes this point by raising both forelegs into the sky.

If you have Lord Bubbles' memories, then I do declare that you must already know: I cannot allow a speck of dirt or grime to befall you! Towards this end, I shall recommend in the strongest of terms! Recommend against your...immediate release, for if you are released now, you will SURELY probably fall upon a terrible, sticky, sugary, sweet-smelling fate!

Probably!

But hope is not lost! We simply must push the bubble outside this pit!

"Thanks for answering my question. The only memories I have come from the voices. I never forget a voice." Joe replies trying to point out a few facts. "I don't have any memories of seeing anything before. Still, I don't have memories of any of you. Well, besides memories of Charcoal Knight. I know your names from a few visions. You see, I am an oracle of sorts."

Deepwood frowned all the time thinking.

"Wait.' He grunted
'How do we know you weren't hired to make more troubles to Bubble Guard? And what exactly happened to the memories?!"

"Lady Tea Agony picked me for the job. She is very careful when picking somepony for a job. I cant look you into your eyes and tell you I am telling the truth. If you don't trust me, at least trust her." Joe makes the request to Deepwood.

Emperor Ing
2016-07-29, 06:34 PM
Indeed! For Starswirl informed us of sorts! Alas, he failed to mention that one of you two would not be ponies! As Tailwind says this, she carefully maneuvers behind the bubble, raising her forelegs up to it as she begins to push it out. It would do Equestria a great service to clear up all the confusion! And we shall show no mercy to such confusion! All I would ask is that you kindly could elaborate on your involvement with the D'magic!

Flying to push the bubble
[roll0] 9

Persuasion
[roll1] 15

DaOldeWolf
2016-07-29, 11:15 PM
The bubble remains in place despite Tailwind´s best effort. It bounces a little bit but remains completely ensnared by the web. "I have accepted a few duels as parts of their tests to the family members. I want to become a great caster myself so I need to practice my skills. The D'Magic are a bit eccentric but they produce many great casters. Why waste a good chance, right?"

igordragonian
2016-07-30, 04:43 PM
Deepwood stared at the Manticore. "Well, Tea Agony trust me for some reason. I guess, it would be fair to do the same mistake with you."
Deepwood sighed. "Let's try something else, Tailwind." he gruntted, and pulled a rope, and tied it around the bubble.

"Now... help me... if you want to get over with it."

"Manticores..." he grunted.
"oracles."
"Shmagic."
"ArgH!"

Dragging the bubble

[roll0]+3

Emmerlaus
2016-07-30, 05:02 PM
Sugat help with the pulling...

" Humm, you are not really a manticore, right? Manticore don't talk... "

Aid another to deepwood.

Emperor Ing
2016-07-30, 05:26 PM
Tailwind pulled along with the others.

Aid Another for Deepwood.

DaOldeWolf
2016-07-30, 07:16 PM
Deepwood stared at the Manticore. "Well, Tea Agony trust me for some reason. I guess, it would be fair to do the same mistake with you."
Deepwood sighed. "Let's try something else, Tailwind." he gruntted, and pulled a rope, and tied it around the bubble.

"Now... help me... if you want to get over with it."

"Manticores..." he grunted.
"oracles."
"Shmagic."
"ArgH!"

Dragging the bubble

[roll0]+3

Sugat help with the pulling...

" Humm, you are not really a manticore, right? Manticore don't talk... "

Aid another to deepwood.

Tailwind pulled along with the others.

Aid Another for Deepwood.

"Only if our mother speaks. You see manticores are a male only species. We get involved with other species to create life. We usually inherit some skills from her. My magical talent was also given to me from her." the manticore replies as its finally freed from the sap. The jelly starts to tremble from the effect of losing grip of the bubble. A creature roar could be heard from afar.

The sound is familiar to you. It had to be the gigantic BubbleWood Sap Spider. A spider named by BubbleGuard for their cooperative discovery. The creature kept them in that forest for three days. It was completely unbeatable not to mention vicious. Capable of throwing sap to capture anything it could see with its dozen pair of eyes.

It could jump pretty far and was twice as big as a manticore. It wasn't poisonous but its bite was quite painful as Deepwood experienced first hand. The creature is really stubborn when chasing its prey but doesn't get out of the sap part of the forest.

"I don't like that sound." BubbleGuard replies worried.

"I think its time to run or fly or whatever." adds Charcoal even more worried.

igordragonian
2016-07-30, 07:24 PM
Deepwood face hoofed.
"I knew it. Something with too many limbs, and spitting sap coming at us. We should go- and fast!' Deepwood dragged the manticore

Emmerlaus
2016-07-30, 07:29 PM
" Then what are we waiting for!? Lets scram! "

Sugar help dragging the bubble and fly at top speed away from this region.

Emperor Ing
2016-07-30, 08:27 PM
Let us rally! CHAAAARGE!!

In the direction opposite of the enemy! Tailwind says as she pulls on the rope with the others, attempting to retreat.

Flying
[roll0] 6

DaOldeWolf
2016-07-30, 09:28 PM
Deepwood face hoofed.
"I knew it. Something with too many limbs, and spitting sap coming at us. We should go- and fast!' Deepwood dragged the manticore

"Why are we running?! Aren't we the army of the castle?! We should be fighting that monster face to face." Night Shift complains as he follows flies away with the group.

" Then what are we waiting for!? Lets scram! "

Sugar help dragging the bubble and fly at top speed away from this region.

"I could use some assistance myself" BubbleGuard replies trying to make the bubble move faster.

Let us rally! CHAAAARGE!!

In the direction opposite of the enemy! Tailwind says as she pulls on the rope with the others, attempting to retreat.

Flying

"I am thankful to all of you for the assistance. Being blind, even if I was outside this bubble, I would require the help to get out this place." He replies being thankful for the assistance.

If anypony looks behind, they can see a giant black spider leaping from tree to tree and getting closer by the minute. The spider then starts spitting some balls of sap at every pony. The first shots miss but as he gets closer, his accuracy seems to be improving.

To avoid the sap web shots, you must pass a body roll DC of 7.
Anypony that decides to keep assisting the manticore or assist Bubbleguard or anypony under the sap effect, then you have to accept a penalty of -2 when making a body roll.
If you fail the save, you get a -1 penalty to your body rolls.

For the next three rounds, you will have to make a body roll. Time for the team to escape the BubbleWood spider. Both BubbleGuard and the manticore have a penalty of -2 due to flying in the bubbles. :smalltongue:

Rolling for the other characters
BubbleGuard: [roll]2d+1
Night Shift: [roll0]
The unnamed manticore: [roll1]
Charcoal Knight: [roll2]

P.D. There are 4 possible solutions I though to this issue (+ any other you might think that I haven't though of). One that would make this challenge really easily done. The other three involve some outside thinking but would help you avoid to endure this challenge for three rounds. Of course, you could also take this challenge straight ahead if you are feeling lucky. Good luck, guys. :smallbiggrin:

Emperor Ing
2016-07-30, 10:10 PM
And assistance thou shalt receive! Tailwind flies over to Bubbles' bubble to help push, trying to avoid the sap all the while, though the Spider's accuracy is improving and Tailwind feels some sap strike her in the side.

Flying (-2 due to assisting others)
[roll0]

igordragonian
2016-07-30, 11:11 PM
"Fang it!" Deepwood flapped more with his wings, dragging the Manticore.
"What can you do then?!" he muttered while groaning.

+3-2

[roll0]+1

DaOldeWolf
2016-08-01, 10:21 AM
"Not much in this bubble. " the manticore replies.

"I am thankful for the assistance here. Flying should be left to pegasus and bat ponies." BubbleGuard replies.

The spider keeps its next round of attacks.

igordragonian
2016-08-01, 10:41 AM
'Bubble Guard, can you release the manticore? We won't go far like that' Deepwood groaned.

Emperor Ing
2016-08-01, 11:58 AM
Must...Press....ONWARDS!! To victory! Tailwind continues trying to push Bubbles' bubble, despite the exertion of being weighed down by the spider's goop.

[roll0] -1 = 2

Emmerlaus
2016-08-01, 01:36 PM
" Bubbles, undo the Manticore bubble NOW! "

Body (helping Bubbles, leaving the others to drag the Manticore, seing that Tailwind is in trouble)

[roll0] + 3

Firebreath (Toward a tree or at least big tree branch to block the spider path or fall on it)
[roll1]

Expense of a heart point for the Speedster bonus, getting two actions.

DaOldeWolf
2016-08-01, 08:37 PM
"If I do that, the manticore would fall to the sap." BubbleGuard replies his concern. The manticore was inside a small bubble.

"I am blind. Even if I could fly, I wouldn't see where I am going." the manticore admits.

"We should be fighting that thing. I don't understand why we keep running away. Lets turn back and teach that thing a lesson." Night Shift insists.

Emmerlaus
2016-08-01, 08:41 PM
"If I do that, the manticore would fall to the sap." BubbleGuard replies his concern. The manticore was inside a small bubble.

"I am blind. Even if I could fly, I wouldn't see where I am going." the manticore admits.

"We should be fighting that thing. I don't understand why we keep running away. Lets turn back and teach that thing a lesson." Night Shift insists.

(I thought manticore had wings. my bad! but did my actions did anytyhing to save us some time? Or did I just wast a Heart point? :smallannoyed:)

Sugar snort: " We have no-flyer among the group. We have to get them out of here first! "

Emperor Ing
2016-08-01, 11:00 PM
Gooooo!! Tailwind gave a last push towards freedom from the pit.

[roll0] 8

igordragonian
2016-08-02, 01:14 AM
"You dont fight it. This monster is unbeatable. Trust me. We should escape! Fang it! Arrrffg...."
Deepwood groaned and kept dragging.

[roll0]+3

DaOldeWolf
2016-08-03, 01:31 PM
The ponies manage to escape the sap pit in one piece. The spider is waving one of its leg up in the sky angered. "Thanks for the assistance. I wasn't sure I was going to make it alive. Well, since you have your two ponies, I believe its time for me to go." BubbleGuard replies.

"Of course. We have to return to the castle. Then you can have your memories back." Charcoal replies.

"No, I mean to leave this awful place and go back to my studies. You can keep those memories. I just don't agree with what is happening here." BubbleGuard explains calmly. "Attacking spiders and blind manticores goes completely against what I believe in. I hope you all understand."

Emperor Ing
2016-08-03, 02:15 PM
Quickly! There's no time to explain! A very sticky, sap-covered Tailwind waves at Bubble Guard. I need you to hug me right now!

DaOldeWolf
2016-08-03, 02:41 PM
BubbleGuard looks confused but decides to trust her. He makes both bubbles descend before bursting them. He then hugs Tailwind. "There. So, what was the issue?" BubbleGuard realized he is stuck and cannot get away from her. "Could somepony give me a little assistance?"

"Wish we could help but this sap is especially impervious to magic." Charcoal explains.

Emperor Ing
2016-08-03, 02:56 PM
Haha, you fool! Tailwind bellows in triumph. Now you have no choice BUT to return to the Castle with us and reclaim your stolen memories! Ignorance is bliss, but the truth is far more valuable and precious than you can possibly imagine!

igordragonian
2016-08-03, 03:51 PM
Deepwood smiled ironically.
"My life here, are more barable with you... you are coming with us."
he paused.
"Is that possible.. that you made yourself lose your memories on purpose?" he has asked grimmly

DaOldeWolf
2016-08-03, 09:17 PM
"I don't think so. He looked perfectly fine during the duel. At least until that box exploded." Night Shift responds reminding everypony of the events that occurred.

"I remember an explosion myself. Perhaps it was connected to what happened to BubbleGuard." The Manticore adds.

"Deepwood, didnt you say you saw BubbleGuard earlier today?" Charcoal asks wondering if there might be a detail missing.

igordragonian
2016-08-04, 05:26 PM
"Yes. He went to meet the fresh meat... and he held a package."

Emmerlaus
2016-08-04, 05:33 PM
"Yes. He went to meet the fresh meat... and he held a package."

" So maybe we need to find that package? Fine out what was inside?"

DaOldeWolf
2016-08-04, 11:43 PM
"In that case, where do we start looking?" Charcoal Knight asks as the sun starts to set.

"Well, since its starting to get late. I better start flying. I shall illuminate our path." he declares as he starts flying in a circle around the staff. There is a dim light left by Night Shift as he flies.

igordragonian
2016-08-05, 04:09 AM
"Wait. Night Shift, Job....' Deepwood called. 'Where exactly you two met Bubble Guard?"

DaOldeWolf
2016-08-05, 08:58 AM
"Near that awful sap place. The explosion sent me pretty far inside the bubble. I suppose I got lucky for getting sent away from it." Night Shift responds to Deepwood´s question.

Both are mind rolls
DC:7 to find your way back to the castle
DC:10 to find the spot where the battle took place.

Emperor Ing
2016-08-05, 12:10 PM
Tailwind tries to think of the possible paths she can navigate towards.

Aha! Does Night Shift mean the battle that took place there? Tailwind points with her one free hoof.

Mind
[roll0] 12

Emmerlaus
2016-08-05, 12:16 PM

Aha! Does Night Shift mean the battle that took place there? Tailwind points with her one free hoof.

Mind
[roll0] 12

Sugar was looking around and, hearing Tailwind, went to look in the direction she was pointing. She tried to spot the package...

DaOldeWolf
2016-08-05, 01:57 PM

Mind
[roll0] 12

Charcoal Knight is impressed by Tailwind´s perception. She managed to see pinpoint the exact place where combat took place. "Wow, Tailwind, how did you manage to find out the place the battle took place? Did you perhaps perceived the ambient magic in the area?" Charcoal asks intrigued by Tailwind´s impressive skill.

Sugar was looking around and, hearing Tailwind, went to look in the direction she was pointing. She tried to spot the package...

Sugar Rush can find a few pieces of carton spread around the area. Despite being turn to pieces, they don't seem to have any kind of traces besides being turned apart.

Emmerlaus
2016-08-05, 02:01 PM
" Well their is nothing left to find so we can only go back at the castle now... "

Sugar fly above and guide the others by going above the tree and guiding the rest of them to the castle

(Flying really make finding your direction in a forest way easier :smalltongue: )

Emperor Ing
2016-08-05, 02:23 PM
Charcoal Knight is impressed by Tailwind´s perception. She managed to see pinpoint the exact place where combat took place. "Wow, Tailwind, how did you manage to find out the place the battle took place? Did you perhaps perceived the ambient magic in the area?" Charcoal asks intrigued by Tailwind´s impressive skill.

Nay! She answered. My cutie-mark is that of an explosion! It would be remiss of me to NOT recognize the aftermath should I see one!

We should...return to the castle, nontheless! Tailwind says, attempting to pull a hoof free from where she was stuck to Bubble Guard. To the castle, to prepare...A HOT BATH!! Such is the best way beyond the application of alcohol to removing sticky tree sap!

DaOldeWolf
2016-08-05, 02:42 PM
"I suppose that makes sense. What are you in charge?" Charcoal Knight asks a bit worried.

"You mean together?!" BubbleGuard panics as he hears her say about a bath with a completely red face.

"Are all these phenomena common? Because if it is, I think I just hit jackpot." Night Shift asks Deepwood with excitement.

The group continues their way to just outside the castle unluckily they are unable to enter. There is some kind of invisible barrier blocking their way. Charcoal analyses the area with his horn and its able to confirm its existence.

"So, what do we do to get trough your defenses? You work here right?" BubbleGuard replies.

"This isn't ours. Some pony else must have put this in place to keep us out." Charcoal explains.

Emperor Ing
2016-08-05, 03:14 PM
Fear not, dear Bubble Guard, for we shall enter the bath together for a just cause! Is there any cause more just than freedom?

Tailwind sees the barrier, and is immediately annoyed. Bah! Whoever erected this barrier did so because they hate freedom!

Emmerlaus
2016-08-06, 01:47 AM
Sugar sigh: " Bubbles, can you try to dispel it? Just wondering..."

igordragonian
2016-08-06, 05:29 PM
Deepwood grumbled. "I guess. My mare used to whip me, to show her affection." he said dryly.
He is joking.
Right?
"And I guess, Skecth Book deserve to have his own piece of jealous... and Bubble Guard could use such terrible exprience..." he chuckled, and coughed.

He face hoofed.
"I HATE shmagic. Argh. I'll try to see if it covering the WHOLE castle." he muttered, and flying touching the barrier, trying to find the limits.

DaOldeWolf
2016-08-06, 06:56 PM
As Deepwood explores the barrier, he manages to get a good idea of its overall shape. It seems to be like a dome is covering the whole castle. You see Harvest Moon watching up in your direction but she doesn't seem to see Deepwood. It doesn't seem like any kind of sound can pass through the barrier since Harvest Moon doesn't respond either to you when trying to speak.

"But this is really advanced magic. How could I actually make this barrier disappear." BubbleGuard questions confused.

"BubbleGuard doesn't remember his training with Starswirl, if he did, he could actually dispel this." Charcoal explains. Charcoal tries to break the barrier with his shield. Night Shift tries hitting the shield too but it looks embarrassing to see him try. The Manticore asks for assistance to check the field and hit it. Although he tries to hit the barrier, his paws actually pass through the barrier.

"Am I hitting the barrier? I am not feeling anything. Like at all."The Manticore replies.

"You can pass through. Well, if that is the case, you could get inside and get help. Just avoid Harvest Moon. She probably would react poorly to this. Not to mention I don't want to create panic in the castle.." Charcoal advices.

"But I am blind. How am I supposed to get there without time to get used to the area?" The manticore comments. "I need somepony to guide me to avoid whomever Harvest is and find my way."

EDIT: PLease wait. Post is unfinished. Finishing post will be done in a couple of minutes. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Emmerlaus
2016-08-06, 09:46 PM
Sugar sigh: " I dont know how it happen but it might be just like a certain room of the castle. Everyone, I believe we need to hug the manticore here as it advance Inside. Just... Watch out for the stinger, ok? "

Sugar get a hold of the Manticore: " I hope you dont mind. We will guide you Inside the barrier if it works..."

igordragonian
2016-08-07, 01:43 AM
"Why Bubble's shmagic ALWAYS involve hugs?!" Deepwood muttered.
"Why?!" he pointed accusing Bubble Guard.

Emperor Ing
2016-08-07, 02:01 AM
Deep down, beneath the crunchy, roachy exterior of this mean, dour pony beats the heart of somepony who DEMANDS to be loved! Tailwind enthusiastically explained her reply.

I lament that alas! Simply being hugged may not be enough! I therefore propose we attempt, then...we shall attempt a far more terrible and risky exercise of trust, shall the power of hugging be found wanting!

igordragonian
2016-08-07, 03:04 AM
Deepwood gasped with terror.
"You really scare me, Tailwind.. do I want to know what on your mind?"

Emperor Ing
2016-08-07, 12:32 PM
The power of hugs COMPELS you, Deepwood!

igordragonian
2016-08-07, 04:45 PM
Deepwood backing off. "I had enough hugs, in my past for the whole staff! Keep your hugs to Bubble! He need them!" Deepwood grumbled.

Emmerlaus
2016-08-07, 06:13 PM
Sugar shrug: " Looks guys, Im gonna enter in there with the Manticore. If it works, Im gonna go see if Starswirl or Tea Agony can help us removing the barrier. No need for all of us to get in if you fear hugs. "

DaOldeWolf
2016-08-07, 06:23 PM
BubbleGuard feels pretty uncomfortable about the situation but tries to follow instructions as best as he could in his current condition. As soon as every pony but Deepwood is holding together, the barrier becomes visible to the group and it immediately starts to dissipate for seemingly no reason. Charcoal is surprised by this event and wonders what could exactly explain this.

Unfortunately, the Manticore has gotten stuck to Tailwind and BubbleGuard. "The future is a bit sad." he whispers to himself.

Every pony enters the castle and the group goes to meet back with Starswirl. Starswirl seems to be speaking with some grey pony. Neither looks exactly happy and they are too busy to notice you have arrived. BubbleGuard looks, strangely enough, excited when he sees both ponies.

...you have to pass a body roll. The DC is 8.

"I just hope you understand I am very annoyed by your actions. Whatever test you decided to make doesn't change the fact you put the rest of the staff at risk." Starswirl replies.

"If he cant pass this simple test. He doesn't deserve to receive the highest of honors on our family." the grey pony replies back.

"He should be able to pass. He is my student." Starswilr assures. "I just hope its worth it when I bring it up to the unicorn council during the next reunion."

Emmerlaus
2016-08-07, 11:21 PM
BubbleGuard feels pretty uncomfortable about the situation but tries to follow instructions as best as he could in his current condition. As soon as every pony but Deepwood is holding together, the barrier becomes visible to the group and it immediately starts to dissipate for seemingly no reason. Charcoal is surprised by this event and wonders what could exactly explain this.

Unfortunately, the Manticore has gotten stuck to Tailwind and BubbleGuard. "The future is a bit sad." he whispers to himself.

Every pony enters the castle and the group goes to meet back with Starswirl. Starswirl seems to be speaking with some grey pony. Neither looks exactly happy and they are too busy to notice you have arrived. BubbleGuard looks, strangely enough, excited when he sees both ponies.

...you have to pass a body roll. The DC is 8.

"I just hope you understand I am very annoyed by your actions. Whatever test you decided to make doesn't change the fact you put the rest of the staff at risk." Starswirl replies.

"If he cant pass this simple test. He doesn't deserve to receive the highest of honors on our family." the grey pony replies back.

"He should be able to pass. He is my student." Starswilr assures. "I just hope its worth it when I bring it up to the unicorn council during the next reunion."

Sugar had took the lead and arrived a bit before the others. When she heard the voice of Starswirl, she suspected something. She made a sign for the rest of the Staff to remain still. WHen she heard however the pony responsable for it was inside, she sneakily enter , flew quickly to the guest and smacked his head!

Body
[roll0] + 3 + Talented (Agile)

" YOU !!! INVOLVING US IN THIS, HAVE YOU NO SHAME! NO WONDER D'MAGIC ARE RUMORED TO BE HUGE ****s ! TALENT ISNT EVERYTHING YOU (censored)! GIVE ME ONE GOOD REASON TO NOT THROW YOU IN THE DUNGEON! "

(playing her flaw here lol)

igordragonian
2016-08-08, 12:11 AM
Deepwood followed Sugar

[roll0]+1+3

When he arrived, he blinked. She did his job well. He just floated their, nodding.

DaOldeWolf
2016-08-08, 01:08 AM
The grey pony takes the hit pretty badly. He seems to be pretty upset about. His shadow starts to grow from the floor in the shape of tentacles. He then turns to BubbleGuard "So, speaking of the devil. I see that you have returned the staff´s memories to their proper owners after all."

"Sugar, why are hitting him? This is my friend Marshall Shadow. At least, I think he is." BubbleGuard tries to reason with Sugar Rush though he doesnt seem to understand the pony´s behavior.

"Wait a minute. Why are you....?" Marshall Shadow starts to laugh as he figures out the reason. "I cant believe this. You actually got hit by my spell. I am disappointed. The spell gave enough time for a unicorn to cast a protection spell around themselves. And you still got hit."

Night Shift and Mannticore realize exactly what happened. "He used that time to protect us from the magical effect."

"He knew exactly what it was."

"So, BubbleGuard is still the biggest fool in this family. Why am I not shocked? Well, you deserve to fail my test. A pony like you isn't more deserving of being the new head of the family nor being Starswirl student. It should have been me. Cant believe I was rejected instead of you." he glares at BubbleGuard. BubbleGuard looks confused and upset about this.

Charcoal cant control his temper anymore and charges at Marshall with his flaming sword. Charcoal´s own shadow snares and grapples him into submission. "And here is Charcoal Knight. Bubble´s twin brother and the family shame. Your casting skills are embarrassing as always. But the staff looks equally disappointing so I am sure you fit in perfectly."

"I didn't agree to this kind of humiliation." roars Mannticore

"So what blind one? Your whole point was to put BubbleGuard in battle so I could set up my trap. Even I could beat you with my eyes closed. You bring shame to your race by accepting the invitation from a pony to work at this place." Marshall points out tauntingly. "Now, I suppose I should leave this place especially now that I have a failing grade to deliver."

Emperor Ing
2016-08-08, 02:29 AM
Ha!! Tailwind laughs. Marshy, Marshy, Marshy! Henceforth, you shall be known as Marshy!

Bubble Guard has not failed! raises her only free foreleg imperiously towards Marshall Shadow. YOU have!

You, Marshy, are the only true failure amongst us! You, you and your own inability to see the degree to which Bubble Guard has succeeded! Bubbles' success shall be written in LEGEND! For you see, your task was to see if Bubble Guard had the power to protect a single pony from your spell! One! But, BEHOLD!! He has protected two! No, Two-and-a-half! Surely a Manticore is more difficult to place inside a magic bubble than a pony! What, then, has he failed at? Were Night Shift and [REDACTED] Sacrifical pawns for Bubbles to selfishly ignore when he protected himself from your spell? Is it your belief that the virtue of Altruism is such a terrible blemish upon a pony's very soul that it outweighs the fact that they have exceeded your expectations by a factor of two?

If so, then I implore you: Please, Marshy! Mark Bubble Guard a failure! Let all of Equestria know of the foolishness of Starswirl the Bearded and his lack of judgment in selecting his student and hiring his staff! We will bear your judgments, all of us, together, and we shall wear them with PRIDE!!

Persuasion
[roll0] 15

Emmerlaus
2016-08-08, 06:37 AM
Sugar eye twitch the whole time hebeing ignoring her.

" ... ignoring ME? Oh, you are in for it now! BEG FOR FORGIVENESS! "

She actually grapple him and is BITING him with all her might...

On his neck, he start getting some heat...

Using my other heart point to attack him TWICE. One for the grapple, one for the fire.

Grapple
[roll0] + 3

Firebreath to disrupt his spellcasting
[roll1] + 3

Heart roll to intimidate
[roll2] + 2

EDIT: WOW! Im on fire! :smallbiggrin:

DaOldeWolf
2016-08-08, 12:09 PM
"The test could qualify as inconclusive since the first part was self protection and then disruption of a spell. I suppose he can get a positive note..... if he could dispel my memory stealing spell." He smirks knowing that BubbleGuard couldn't complete the task in his current state after hearing what Tailwind had to say.

He is caught off guard by Sugar Rush´s attack. The effects on the shadows have stopped working as he losses his concentration fearing for his life. "Ok. lets not do something somepony could end up regreting." He replies hoping to stop Sugar Rush from unleashing her firebreath on him. "I apologize for your distress caused by my actions." His tone voice doesn't sound like he is sincerely sorry.

BubbleGuard is really confused and scared. It doesn't seem like the spell affecting him has been broken.

Emperor Ing
2016-08-08, 03:22 PM
Sugar Rush, I implore you! Violence is a confession of your weakness! I wish only for him to see reason and a pile of ashes cannot! Tailwind pleads for Sugar to release Marshy.

She then turns towards Bubble Guard. You heard him correctly! This was a test! Your memories were stricken from your mind through foul sorceries as a mere test of your limitless strength! You have already passed with colors kaleidoscopic, soaring in the glorious sun-lit sky!

You have but one trial left! Focus! Remember your formative years as the great apprentice for the great Starswirl the Bearded! Recall your adventure hunting the craven Griffon bandits! Recall the increasingly absurd honoraries I bestow upon you for your limitless font of hubris! Ignorance is bliss, yet the truth is a joy unimaginable in its profoundness! Bubble Guard! Cast down your doubts, cast off the yoke of impossibility and reclaim what is yours!

Rapport towards encouraging Bubble-Guard.
[roll0] 14

igordragonian
2016-08-08, 03:36 PM
Deepwood stared with admire at Tailwind. This was one crazy mare, but sometimes, she had her great moments. He was inspired to join, but then Sugar Rush was ticked off.

Deepwood flew, and stood between Sugar to Bubble's brother.
"Sugar, he don't deserve your wrath." and then he turned to Bubble Guard.. smiling?
"We have hard times yes. Even terrible times. But trust me- together, it quite bearable. Sometimes, it's even fun!"

(adding harmony)

Emmerlaus
2016-08-08, 05:17 PM
Seing her friends pledge, she stop biting off his neck and whisper to his hear: " I can roast you alive before you even begin to channel that petty magic of yours. If I see to even try to cast a spell, you are done for."

Without quitting her eyes on him, she ask Starswirl: " Master Starswirl, if we are to keep this castle safe, D'Magic testing have to be ruled to be off castle ground and even the forest around it should be off limits of D'Magic unless invited only. You are the owner of those lands and Bubbles distant family proven to be untrustable. I cannot give you orders but I stronly suggest that such occurrence doesnt happen again. Because next time, I swear I wont restrain myself. "

She still is holding the D'Magic on the ground, not releasing her grasp and letting him feel the pressure. She meant every words too...

DaOldeWolf
2016-08-08, 05:46 PM
"I´ll give it my best try. Thanks for the support... though I will need you all to follow my instructions. I will need you to stay close to me.... Miss Tailwind." BubbleGuard requests. "Both holding my memories. I will need to get close to me."

BubbleGuard then waves his wand and creates a bubble big enough to hold the 4 of them. It slowly descends and as soon as the 4 are inside. The bubble begins to glow. After a few sends, the bubble pops with the four looking fine inside. "The memories are gone." the Mannticore replies.

"And they are back to their proper place." BubbleGuard replies in his more usual tone. "There is no need to hold Marshall anymore. If he tries anything, I can stop him myself."

Emmerlaus
2016-08-08, 05:50 PM
At this, Sugar release Marshal. " Now get out of here you bastard before I change my mind and we feed you to the manticore."

Emperor Ing
2016-08-08, 06:38 PM
Behold! The triumph of Lord-Commander Bubble Guard! Tailwind cheers. Marshy, your next task is thus: Never allow your masters to once doubt the powers of High Vizier Bubble Guard!

Anyways, Mr. Starswirl! Our glorious search has revealed to us the newcomers! And the catalyst for their disappearance! Say hello, Marshy!

igordragonian
2016-08-08, 11:37 PM
"I hope that someday you'l learn, how to get out of Bubble Guard's shadow- and it's terribly big shadow, but, if you'l stop comparing youreslf to others, someday you might be a bareable pony' Deepwood said to the banished pony.

DaOldeWolf
2016-08-09, 12:50 AM
At this, Sugar release Marshal. " Now get out of here you bastard before I change my mind and we feed you to the manticore."

"OK. Madame. I will be making my leave." Marshall tries to be as formal and respectful as possible to avoid getting on her bad side.

Behold! The triumph of Lord-Commander Bubble Guard! Tailwind cheers. Marshy, your next task is thus: Never allow your masters to once doubt the powers of High Vizier Bubble Guard!

Anyways, Mr. Starswirl! Our glorious search has revealed to us the newcomers! And the catalyst for their disappearance! Say hello, Marshy!

"One more test and BubbleGuard could become head of the D'Magic unicorn house so you aren't that far from the truth." Marshall replies.

"I couldn't have done it by myself. I jump ahead and protect my friends because I am sure that they will jump and protect me back. I trust them completely." BubbleGuard replies.

Yep, this is the first time in the whole campaign that BubbleGuard has openly admitted friendship with any pony besides Saffron and acknowledge he is friends with all of you. He is still going to be kinda douchey and annoying but I would say this is a pretty big step in the right direction. :smallbiggrin:

"I hope that someday you'l learn, how to get out of Bubble Guard's shadow- and it's terribly big shadow, but, if you'l stop comparing youreslf to others, someday you might be a bareable pony' Deepwood said to the banished pony.

"There might be some kind of power that the unicorn society hasn't seen yet. Now, that BubbleGuard is a few more steps to becoming the head of the family, I will give my support and attention for whatever it is worth. Make sure he wins." And with his last words, Marshall disappears.

"Congratulations on passing the test." Starswirl finally replies in a more playful tone.

"Sir, working here in the castle is higher than any other honor." BubbleGuard replies in his usual if a bit overdramatic way.

Emperor Ing
2016-08-09, 04:09 PM
I couldnt've said it more gloriously myself! Tailwind beams at Bubble Guard. I would hug you but for our current covered-in-sap situation! I therefore propose we take a bath immediately, and bring the highest-proof liquor we can find!

Hey [REDACTED] You should come too, you have a woefully great amount of sap upon you as well!

igordragonian
2016-08-09, 04:53 PM
"Sap? Where?!" Deepwood grunted. he looked over himself.
"Nah.. it's nothing."
He chuckled. "Well, another day to learn that families are annoying. Huh?"

Emmerlaus
2016-08-09, 06:50 PM
Sugar say: " Im going back in my kitchen now... "

On her way out, she whisper to Bubbles: " Im your friend but you'll have to tell me one day why your past self was so freaking nice and why that you act like this now. "

DaOldeWolf
2016-08-09, 09:29 PM
I couldnt've said it more gloriously myself! Tailwind beams at Bubble Guard. I would hug you but for our current covered-in-sap situation! I therefore propose we take a bath immediately, and bring the highest-proof liquor we can find!

Hey [REDACTED] You should come too, you have a woefully great amount of sap upon you as well!

"I have a new proposal. You cut me in half and at least half of me will be able to remain sane." Bubbleguard counter proposes.

"Sap? Where?!" Deepwood grunted. he looked over himself.
"Nah.. it's nothing."
He chuckled. "Well, another day to learn that families are annoying. Huh?"

"You said it." Charcoal replies in agreement with Deepwood.

"Deepwood, now that we have the time. Let me present you, your very first umm... minion. You will be in charge of your own one pony army. Congratulations on your promotion." BubbleGuard replies.

"His what?" Night Shift reacts confused.

Sugar say: " Im going back in my kitchen now... "

On her way out, she whisper to Bubbles: " Im your friend but you'll have to tell me one day why your past self was so freaking nice and why that you act like this now. "

"It must have been the spell because I dont know what you are talking about." BubbleGuard lies terribly.

Emmerlaus
2016-08-09, 11:45 PM
"It must have been the spell because I dont know what you are talking about." BubbleGuard lies terribly.

" You are a terrible liar. Knowing you, it must because you wanna shelter us from something. Just so you know, if you wanna talk about it, I'll be happy to listen."

Sugar then goes back to her kitchen...

Emperor Ing
2016-08-09, 11:48 PM
Tailwind looks at Bubble Guard, giving him a sideways look. I wish nothing less than our liberation from our current sap-covered state! Alcohol brings utter ruination to the stickiness of horrors like tar or tree sap!

Come on, Archduke Bubbles, you KNOW I do not drink!

igordragonian
2016-08-09, 11:54 PM
Deepwood blinked with disbelif.
"Me? Promoted?! he stared at Night Shift.
"What do you mean?" Deepwood has asked with tilted head.
"What am I supposed to do?!"

DaOldeWolf
2016-08-10, 12:50 AM
" You are a terrible liar. Knowing you, it must because you wanna shelter us from something. Just so you know, if you wanna talk about it, I'll be happy to listen."

Sugar then goes back to her kitchen...

"I am the terrible monster lurking the castle. if the old BubbleGuard could see what I have seen. He wouldn't be able to bear it." BubbleGuard explains as he sees her leave.

Tailwind looks at Bubble Guard, giving him a sideways look. I wish nothing less than our liberation from our current sap-covered state! Alcohol brings utter ruination to the stickiness of horrors like tar or tree sap!

Come on, Archduke Bubbles, you KNOW I do not drink!

"Since there is no other option. Just remember that under my big muscly, well toned and attractive body lies the heart of a gentle pony.." BubbleGuard replies as he raises his hoof and rests it on top of his forehead for dramatic effect.

Deepwood blinked with disbelif.
"Me? Promoted?! he stared at Night Shift.
"What do you mean?" Deepwood has asked with tilted head.
"What am I supposed to do?!"

"Yeah, you are now in charge of the back up army with Night Shift under your service." BubbleGuard replies before turning to the Mannticore. "I am sorry to say but despite whatever our current employer may say. I cannot let you stay in the castle. Miss Agony might think its a joke but I asked for a being off different qualities to work under me. I apologize for informing you this."

The Mannticore looks sad but holds its tears. "It is alright. I have already seen I wouldn't be able to stay. It is a complete shame. I was really starting to enjoy our time together."

Emperor Ing
2016-08-10, 01:09 AM
What is this?! Tailwind's head whips around so fast, it almost appears to teleport. She looks to [REDACTED] with determination her eyes. Sadness? In her presence? This WILL not stand!

Well I, for one, enjoyed our time together as well, as woefully brief as it was! Know this: I, Tailwind, shall consider you to be a friend! And as a friend, I come bearing words of encouragement! Though you might not join the staff, I shall not allow you to become a stranger! Feel free to visit the Castle anytime, even if it is just to say hi! I, for one, shall welcome you with the most open of hooves and the most glorious of hugs! Indeed I would hug you now but for my sap-covered state!

Cheering up
[roll0] 18

igordragonian
2016-08-10, 01:34 AM
Deepwood stared dumbly.
What going on with Bubble Guard?
"What?! From all the ponies you putted ME in charge?! You have lost your mind!" Deepwood groaned.

"And YOU!" he turned to Night Shift. "I never had a rookie to bully. So you can expect a terrible time with me!" he barked.

And lastly he looked at the Manticore and sighed. "Sorry about that. Tea Agony has a very certain beliefs... but I hope to meet you again at the forest!" he has offered a hoof to shake

(Harmony with tailwind)

Emmerlaus
2016-08-10, 11:44 AM
Tailwind voice grabbed Sugar attention. She came back from leaving:

" I'll give you a picnic basket for your way back if you want, mister Manticore. Take it as a farewell gift. As Tailwind said, no need to be sad."

(giving Harmony to Tailwind roll)

DaOldeWolf
2016-08-10, 12:08 PM
What is this?! Tailwind's head whips around so fast, it almost appears to teleport. She looks to [REDACTED] with determination her eyes. Sadness? In her presence? This WILL not stand!

Well I, for one, enjoyed our time together as well, as woefully brief as it was! Know this: I, Tailwind, shall consider you to be a friend! And as a friend, I come bearing words of encouragement! Though you might not join the staff, I shall not allow you to become a stranger! Feel free to visit the Castle anytime, even if it is just to say hi! I, for one, shall welcome you with the most open of hooves and the most glorious of hugs! Indeed I would hug you now but for my sap-covered state!

Cheering up
[roll0] 18

"Thanks." The Mannticore is about to hug her when he remembers about the sap and barely stops himself. "That would be nice."

Deepwood stared dumbly.
What going on with Bubble Guard?
"What?! From all the ponies you putted ME in charge?! You have lost your mind!" Deepwood groaned.

"And YOU!" he turned to Night Shift. "I never had a rookie to bully. So you can expect a terrible time with me!" he barked.

And lastly he looked at the Manticore and sighed. "Sorry about that. Tea Agony has a very certain beliefs... but I hope to meet you again at the forest!" he has offered a hoof to shake

(Harmony with tailwind)

"Yep, you have now more responsibilities in the castle. You better be up to the task" BubbleGuard warns.

Night Shift is a bit worried about Deepwood´s comment. "Umm.. from 1 to 10, how terrible?"

Tailwind voice grabbed Sugar attention. She came back from leaving:

" I'll give you a picnic basket for your way back if you want, mister Manticore. Take it as a farewell gift. As Tailwind said, no need to be sad."

(giving Harmony to Tailwind roll)

"I appreciate the gift" The manticore replies feeling a lot better about his situation.

\o/My Little Pony~~~\o/
Bubble Guard-DaOldeWolf
Sugar Rush- Emmerluas
Tailwind- Emperor ing
Deepwood- Igordragonian

Starswirl As himself
Night Shift and the Manticore.
Marshall Shadow

IF we have built an audience,The Staff was done before them.
\o/ Friends~~~~\o/

Emperor Ing
2016-08-27, 08:09 PM
My Little Pony: The Staff
Season 2 Episode 2: A Skele-Ton of Second Chances

Although it was officially dinner time, mid July is still a time where one cannot expect the sun to set for at least a few more hours. Light still poured through the towering stone-framed windows, providing all the illumination needed to witness Sugar Rush's next culinary masterpiece. Most of the staff, Starswirl, and the Princesses were assembled. Only Tailwind was unaccounted for.

An explosion rang through the hallways as the light and wind from the blast could be felt clear into the dining room. All to announce the maid's usually explosive arrival. Somehow, her dress and herself managed to be completely soot and singe free. That didn't stop her from rocketing towards Starswirl, colliding in a heap. Mr. Starswirl! There's no time to explain! Were you expecting skeletons at our castle?!

What? No. Dear Tailwind, it's not even Thursday.

Correct! Which is why I was asking! Oh well! Tailwind stands up, helping Starswirl up and dusting him off.

A most false of false alarms, everypony! All is well! She beams.

...wait. Sketch raises a hoof to clarify. Skeletons?!

Indeed! Tailwind confirmed as she sat down next to him as a few of the other staff members gave each other odd looks.

DaOldeWolf
2016-08-27, 09:43 PM
BubbleGuard raises his hoof as if he wants to ask something but almost inmediately puts it down to think and digest the whole event for a bit more. He then looks at Starswirl to ask him but he declines once again. "Members of the staff, we need to check upon this situation with a bit more detail. Tailwind, could you guide us to the ummm.... skeletons, please? " BubbleGuard awkwardly asks still confused.

igordragonian
2016-08-28, 01:14 AM
"Come, little fillies.' Deepwood turned to the ponies under his command, though one of them at least looked quite sleepy.
"Follow me, but don't do ANYTHING, without my command- I don't want to lose you so soon. Am I clear, fillies?" Deepwood barked at them.
Since he gotten promoted, his ego a little bit gotten swollened up.
"After you, Tailwind' he said with much more (relativly) respecting tone

Emmerlaus
2016-08-28, 02:03 PM
"Come, little fillies.' Deepwood turned to the ponies under his command, though one of them at least looked quite sleepy.
"Follow me, but don't do ANYTHING, without my command- I don't want to lose you so soon. Am I clear, fillies?" Deepwood barked at them.

Tea Agony cough slightly: " Dear Deepwood, I know its not my place to tell you how to do your job but please refrain of treating other so badly, especially in front of actual fillies. You are setting a bad exemple and what you said make it sound like fillies are a bad thing to be. Having being one myself, I can assure you it wasnt bad, it was even wonderful. "

Her tone is slightly chilly but she still had her prestance noble attitude of a lady.

Emperor Ing
2016-08-28, 02:43 PM
Celestia and Luna both look at each other with confusion and concern before turning to Deepwood. Um, we don't have to come too, do we?

I would gladly guide you, but for two great calamities impeding our progress! Tailwind continued. For one, they have already left! For you see, as I was purging the uncleanliness from a rug, a knock on the door claimed my attention! In the foyer! I look to see and behold! The navigation skills of two skeletons have failed them, and they were forced to ask for directions! I informed them of the nearest exit to the forest, and they left, upon thanking me! Tailwind doesn't seem to find the fact that she spoke with the undead odd, at all.

And second, a most grievous calamity among calamities! For were I to even attempt to retrieve them, I would miss out on Sugar Rush's glorious cooking!

Emmerlaus
2016-08-28, 03:08 PM
Tea Agony: " Of course you dont princesses. Just stay with your mommy for a while while we adults investigate the matter. It means no classes today but the geography test will be held tommorow instead. "

She then raise up: " Everyone, their will be addition to the Staff today. They should join us shortly. "

igordragonian
2016-08-28, 05:05 PM
Deepwood scratched himself behind his ear.
"Well, fillies is usually something sweet gentle- something we warriors aren't supposed to be..." he tried to explain himself.

He blinked.
"Tailwind... they were TALKING to you? What the fang?" he has asked confused.

Ishimi
2016-08-28, 06:19 PM
A clean white Earth Pony approaches the entrance to the castle. His Icy Blue eyes catching the late evening light in a peculiar fashion. he wears nothing but an ornate silver watch and a cozy looking scarf. wearing a scarf in the middle of July? True, it was much warmer here than it was up north where he hails from, but he'd covered enough ground with enough time to realize the difference and remove the scarf, though oddly he seems perfectly comfortable.

"This must be the castle... Wonderful!"

He approaches the ornate doors as he adjusts himself, making sure he looks perfectly presentable. To be perfectly honest, he wasn't entirely sure what it was that the Ponies hiring him expected, but he was determined to try his best to surpass that!
When he's finished, he puts on a very friendly smile and proceeds to knock on the Castle doors.

Emperor Ing
2016-08-28, 07:04 PM
Ooh! That must be more skeletons! Cooomiiiingg!! Tailwind sing-songs as she suddenly rockets out from the dining room with only a rapidly thinning plume of smoke to suggest she was ever even there.

I wonder if Tailwind even knows that talking skeletons isn't normal. Starswirl muses out loud. But still! We shouldn't let them leave empty-hooved! What do skeletons like to eat? I never asked one that before.

um, bones? Luna guessed.

Maybe soap?

Eww. That means they gotta eat brussel sprouts too!

But for dessert, they eat...carrots!

But carrots are yummy!

Um...

But they probably eat cake!

This elicited a horrified gasp from Celestia. Never! She hisses, which only causes Luna to giggle.

Okay you two, that's enough. Sugar Rush exits the kitchen, carrying multiple stacks of plates of food atop her back and head, somehow managing to not only keep her balance but distribute the plates, one for each pony, including a few currently unoccupied seats.

Suddenly, the massive oaken doors open before the Earth Pony, inching open slowly at first, before violently and without warning slamming open. Standing there is a lavendar pegasus mare with a wild blue mane that is marked with several cyan highlights that more closely resembles a lion's mane than anything else. She's wearing the characteristic poofy black dress and headpiece of a maid as she regards the newcomer with a wide smile.

A most welcoming of welcomes upon you, sir! She booms with utter contempt for the concept of indoor voice. You stand awed before the castle of the great and mighty wizard, Starswirl the Bearded! To whom do I have this most magnificent pleasure of addressing?!

Ishimi
2016-08-28, 10:26 PM
The Earth Pony seems momentarily surprised by the... Enthusiasm of the pony before him, but he regains his composure.

"Hello, and thank you kindly for such an exuberant welcome! My name is Alexcanter Fretella."
He says with a slight, semi formal bow.
"And what would your name be? If I may ask."

DualShadow
2016-08-29, 03:15 AM

Slowly moves up nearer to Deepwood and her co-guard Night Shift "Don't worry sir." Astral Glimmer says with a held back yawn at the end. "It's too early for me to do anything." A faint smile on her face appears at the end to hint a joke. The whole filly calling thing going over her slowly awakening head.

Emperor Ing
2016-08-29, 11:18 AM
A great pleasure to meet you, Mr. Fretella! You shall be henceforth known as "Alex!" The maid decrees. I am the cleansing light of the Castle! Bane of all uncleanliness and the beating heart of an entire universe crying out against the menace of stains, and grime! Behold! For I am...TAILWIND!! She rises to her hind legs, beaming upwards with her wide forelegs into the sky just as a fiery explosion detonates behind her from within the castle.

Humm, more magnesium required! Tailwind comments out loud. Never enough magnesium!

Full time maid, part time diplomat, full time amateur demolitions expert! A lavendar hoof rises imperiously.

And you! YOU must be the new Butler I was informed about! Welcome! Come along! It is dinner-time, and it positively BEHOOVES you to become acquainted with the rest of the Staff! Tailwind ushers Alexcanter inside the castle and towards the dining room.

Fillies and Gentlecolts! Tailwind announces as she steps back into the dining room.

BEHOLD!! She cues Alexcanter's arrival in the dining room.

DaOldeWolf
2016-08-29, 12:01 PM
BubbleGuard is unable to catch up Tailwind as she receives the new guests and then brings back the new recruits. "I suppose the new method to bring recruits works though I still find the new recruits..... what is the word? Oh yeah, questionable. Anyway, since you are already here in the castle. Lets speak in private about the specifics of your job later since there is some other issue to take care of. For now, let me inform you of the golden rules in the castle:

1. No pony is allowed to use their magic while inside spell components room.
1.a No kissing or hugging BubbleGuard in such or any magically stuffed rooms.
2. Anypony who wants to check the spell books in the library needs special permission from Mr. Cornucopia.
3. No entrance into neither Starswhirl or the princesses´s rooms without permission. The same applies to the three artifact rooms.
4. The princesses have a really strict schedule so don't do anything that might disturb this.
5. No running on hallways or stairs, dashing in the kitchen is perfectly fine and Miss Tailwind is exempt of this rule.
6. There is an infirmary, go there anytime at any hour if you feel bad or are injured. Soothing Heart would attend you there.
7. Follow the schedule of your activities and always use the proper attire and/or equipment.
8. Anypony is allowed to come to BubbleGuard´s room at any point in the night for assistance.
9. Always work in harmony with everypony.
10. In case of invasion, follow instructions given by Deepwood.
And finally the most important rule of them all. I WANT YOU ALL TO REMEMBER THIS RULE VERY CAREFULLY SINCE ITS OF VITAL IMPORTANCE. NO SNACKS IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT!!! Not a single one. NO EXCEPTIONS! NO SNACKS! EVER!

I still think you wont make it pretty far but as a member of the staff, I want to make clear one thing. You are one of my responsibilities and your protection falls under my work. Try to not make my job any harder." BubbleGuard´s tone was nonchalantly rude.

Emmerlaus
2016-08-29, 01:10 PM
Tea Agony sigh: " Please forgive Bubbles and Deepwood akwardness. Even though they wants to be appreciated, one is is a bit akward and the other is doing whatever he can to makes people despise him for a obscure reason. Both mean well however and are secretly wishing for acceptance. You'll get use to it eventually. "

igordragonian
2016-08-29, 04:06 PM
Deepwood has already prepared an arrow and bow, and almost shooted an arrow at Alexander. 'Huh. You are not skeleton.' Almost disappointed.

He frowned at Tea Agony's introduction. 'I am Deepwood, and those two, are my lazy guards.' Deepwood presented himself and his underlings. 'What horrors and secrets are you bringing with you?' he has asked with a sigh, as if it oblivious that every new pony bring secrets and horrors.

DualShadow
2016-08-30, 04:50 AM
Astral watches the whole show goes by in front of her, from Tailwind's enthousiasm of meeting some skeletons at the door, the presention of the new butler, Bubbleguard's exposition of the rules to Deepwood's bow and arrow.

She nods to herself after Tea Agony's description of the two ponies "Sounds about right so far." she says gently. From behind Deepwood she shimes in with a smile, presenting herself after her superior's ... rough introduction "I'm Astral Glimmer."

DaOldeWolf
2016-08-30, 05:33 PM
"The rules are very important. We don't want ponies to get injured or hurt." BubbleGuard proclaims actively trying to avoid addressing the point given by Tea Agony. "And we don't want ponies running away from the castle to never return again, do we?"

igordragonian
2016-08-30, 05:43 PM
"The rules are very important. We don't want ponies to get injured or hurt." BubbleGuard proclaims actively trying to avoid addressing the point given by Tea Agony. "And we don't want ponies running away from the castle to never return again, do we?"

'Anypony who can survive the rascals, could handle anything.' Deepwood chuckled.

Emperor Ing
2016-08-30, 07:22 PM
Clearly this is not the case. Cornucopia spoke up. Who do you think those skeletons were?

Mr. Deepwood, this should be your area of expertise. Sort of. Can you track the skeletons down?

How do we know Tailwind's even telling the truth? Charcoal replied.

She wouldn't lie about that. Sketch insists with finality.

They looked like skeletons to me! Tailwind concurs. Unless...they were using magic to hide their non-skeleton parts!

Ishimi
2016-08-30, 09:20 PM
Alexcanter gives a slight bow at the introduction.
"It's a pleasure to meet all of you. My name is Alexcanter Fretella and I'm here to fill the role of Butler."

He smiles and nods as the rules are explained and some of the ponies introduce themselves. He then tilts his head slightly.

"Skeletons?"

igordragonian
2016-08-31, 12:12 AM
Deepwood blinked. "I'll start looking. Also my friends would probably notice them..." he letted out a squeak:"eep!" and perked his ears.
[roll0]+2

Emmerlaus
2016-08-31, 07:47 AM
" By the way, newcomers, working for Starswirl will feel your world with such wonders all the time. Nothing surprise me anymore since I started working here. "

She rose up, use her telekenesis to clean her mouth neatly with a napkin before folding it up and put it on her plate.

" Now, I know it will feel unusual but let me help on the matter. If those skeleton can be reason with, I'll help. "

DaOldeWolf
2016-08-31, 09:28 AM
"I suppose Deepwood is right. Time to search for this other guests." BubbleGuard admits as he prepares to go. "Tailwind, once again, I request you to guide us to the last place you saw the skeletons."

Emperor Ing
2016-08-31, 04:58 PM
These aren't...mean skeletons are they, aunt Tailwind? A white filly with a pink mane asks. To the newcomer she may appear to be just a filly. With a horn and wings, yet the others knew her as Celestia. Beside her was another younger filly with a dark blue coat and a slightly lighter mane, who also possessed both horns and a wing, though she shrunk from the newcomer's attention, hiding behind the nearest available thing, whether it be the table or her sister's mane.

Indeed! Tailwind beams to them. Now, I suppose an investigation is overdue! We cannot allow them to neglect my advice! Tailwind leads the group to the main entrance, but not before wolfing down some of the food on her plate, and carrying the rest of it on one leg. It's all cleaned out by the time the group arrives at the marble foyer. Tailwind herself paces over to the wall just left of the main entrance, underneath a towering portrait of Starswirl that would give anypony who never met the guy an impression of a dignified and taciturn wizard.

Knock knock knock! Tailwind says out loud to mime the sound of knocking. Oh who could that be? After that, she rushed to the main door, throwing the heavy oaken gate like it was nothing. Oh hello!

Hello! Tailwind replies back to herself. Great Windigo Woes! We are most misplaced upon our path and require immediate assistance!

Worry not, fair travelers, for behold! I shall provide you guidance to civilization! Simply go THAT way!

We thank you, great and glorious maid, for your kindness!

If is of no trouble! Tailwind then shuts the door again.

...and that is what happened! She smiled again. Also, they were skeletons! I didn't mention anything to them about that in avoidance of rudeness! After which, they left, going...THAT way! Tailwind pointed in a direction away from the castle.

igordragonian
2016-08-31, 05:20 PM
Deepwood stared, and looked terribly disturbed. Which was impressive- he has gotten to see a very disturbing sides of the life at the castle, and of some staff members- including himself.

He shaked his head.

"You sent them to place where ponies live?!" Deepwood face hoofed.
"Have you cleaned your brain from your head?! They will eat them, or gobble ponies's soul! Or worse-" paus*
"hug them!"

DaOldeWolf
2016-08-31, 09:25 PM
"They don't sound bad but making sure shouldn't take us too long. This still doesn't sound natural since the dead just don't rise up and walk again as if nothing had occurred. We might need to look out for a source." BubbleGuard points out.

igordragonian
2016-09-01, 02:15 AM
"last time we had a ghosty stuff, our cook started to literaly blow fire. It won't end well.' Deepwood grumbled.

DualShadow
2016-09-01, 03:10 AM
Astral followed the group to the gate and watched Tailwind re-enact the whole scene with an astounding amount of energy leaving the new guard pony a bit confused "I don't if I should be impressed or tired from watching that." she mumbles to herself.

"Well ..." she tries to get in the conversation between Deepwood and Bubbleguard "... they seemed civil enough in Tailwind's story. They would have eaten her too no?"

No hugging or kissing Bubbleguard in a magically stuffed room, something about rascals ... now ghostly stuff that made cooks blow fire. 'In what did I got myself into?' Astral Glimmer thought to herself.

igordragonian
2016-09-01, 07:13 AM
"Ghosts are not worse than most ponies..."
Deepwood grumbled. "But they are bringing terrible troubles. Almost as terrible problems which the rascals bringing to us."

Emmerlaus
2016-09-01, 12:16 PM
Tea Agony roll her eyes: " Cmon, let's get going. Less talking, more hustling. I would rather solve this mystery today, before lunch if possible. "

DaOldeWolf
2016-09-01, 12:26 PM
Tea Agony roll her eyes: " Cmon, let's get going. Less talking, more hustling. I would rather solve this mystery today, before lunch if possible. "

"Miss Agony, are you sure you want to come? You have a quite delicate health. " BubbleGuard points out tauntingly. "So, I suppose Deepwood should lead the expedition. Anypony who wants, may come with us."

Emmerlaus
2016-09-01, 12:32 PM
"Miss Agony, are you sure you want to come? You have a quite delicate health. " BubbleGuard points out tauntingly. "So, I suppose Deepwood should lead the expedition. Anypony who wants, may come with us."

" I recovered from my condition, thank you very much for caring, Mister D'magic. And while I trust Deepwood to lead us in the woods and in term of combat, he have still lots to learn about etiquette. I'll be leading the diplomatic part of this mission, since both you and Deepwood are actually a bit... how can I say this polietly... strangely untactful at times. "

(she already showing her control-freak tendancy lol)

DualShadow
2016-09-01, 01:38 PM
"I'll go too!" Astral steps up forward a few hoofs with a big smile on her face already more awake. "I mean, if Deepwood wants me to." she leans towards her grumpy batpony boss with her smile.

igordragonian
2016-09-01, 05:38 PM
Deepwood smiled for a very short moment, and rolled his eyes.
"Hmm.. yes, I guess you could minimize a bit the damages we will cause." He said to Agony,
His smile faded, when |Astral showing such motivation... motivated ponies, were the kind of ponies to do silly stuff...
"Hmph. Fine. Just don't get possessed, or turn into a sugar dragon. It's very terrible and annoying when this happens.' he grumbled.

Ishimi
2016-09-02, 01:06 AM
Canter seems just a bit confused as to what exactly is going on.

"I would like to come too, if you all would permit it. I have rather sharp eyes and more than a few tricks up my sleeves if things go badly as DeepWood here presumes."

He then looks to the young foals that had entered previously, asking "Auntie Tailwind" about the skeletons.
"Unless of course I'm needed here. I'm afraid I don't know my duties in precise yet."

Emperor Ing
2016-09-03, 12:11 AM
Our first and foremost duty is towards the Princesses! Tailwind cheers, answering Alex. Towards that end we shall set out on glorious adventure! Discovering the source of these skeletons before its magic can be used for evil! Come! Let us forge our legends! Tailwind glances at Deepwood. She has half a mind to point out that what ever Deepwood is grumpy about is usually a positive thing but...that might have the opposite effect.

'tis a grave misfortune your proper introduction must wait, for they are truly the sweetest of fillies!

Outside the door the Everfree Forest stretches almost endlessly around with only the faintest of clearings to indicate where there might be a path.

Towards the right, you hear a voice.

It's calling for help!

You can see two sets of strange looking hoofprints in the dirt, leading towards the castle door then turning away from it, in the direction Tailwind indicated.

DaOldeWolf
2016-09-03, 12:41 AM
BubbleGuard walks silently as the group moves forward. It was important to keep an eye on the new recruits to see what they were capable of. Despite the way he spoke to them, he really wanted to know more about their skills before they started working formally as he had learnt from previous encounters with staff members. He hoped for a good first impressions.

Listen:[roll0]
Tracking: [roll1]

I also wanted to ask if we should give you list of spells for the day?

Emmerlaus
2016-09-03, 02:02 PM
Tea Agony ears perked in the direction of the screams:

" Althought I see the trail those skeleton took, I hear someone calling for help on the right. I suggest we make haste."

igordragonian
2016-09-03, 04:05 PM
Deepwood sighed, looking tired.
"Yeah. We should probably save somepony annoying from Tailwind's new friends. as he has perked his ears.
"Let's go..." he said with a groan and led the way, flying

DualShadow
2016-09-03, 05:21 PM
Her ears perked up as she was looking at the strange hoofprints. A voice ... but then Deepwood and Tea mentioned saving somepony from the skeletons. "You don't mean ..." Astral started to ask but she interrupted herself as she launched herself towards the voice she heard along with the flying ranger.

Emperor Ing
2016-09-04, 01:38 AM
The voice stops making any noise for reasons unknown. Nevertheless, following what was originally heard should prove no trouble, at least for those who heard it. Those that do not must settle for following the ponies who did hear it. Unfortunately something is lost in translation and just as you make it to a patch of trees, you're pretty sure you're at the spot where you heard something, but nothing is immediately identifiable, nor are there any obvious signs of anypony having ever been here.

Day, ladies and gentlecolts. I thank thee, with mine eternalsome gratitude! You hear a mare's voice. Although there is a tinge of distress in her unseen voice, she doesn't sound like she's in any immediate danger.

You see a mound with a bunch of ferns and small shrubs as well as a few mushrooms growing from it shaking slightly. The mound is right next to a tree. It appears this is where the voice is coming from.

You can also make out some curious white rocks underneath the dirt and roots.

Prithee providest me assistance. I am most betrapped.

igordragonian
2016-09-04, 03:38 AM
Deepwood frowned. "Everypony- don't move!" he then flew above the strange mound and white rocks.
"How have you gotten there?" he has asked with a bark

Emmerlaus
2016-09-04, 07:34 AM
Tea Agony obey Deepwood and stay on guard.

[roll0] + 3

DualShadow
2016-09-04, 01:50 PM
Standing ready, Astral tries to discern from where the voice come from herself. She narrows it down to a nearby tree and the mound next to it. "Where are you?" she asks with concern in her voice, taking a step forward despite Deepwood's order.

Ishimi
2016-09-04, 02:36 PM
AlexCanter steps forward, examining the white "stones". He gives one a slight nudge with his forehoof.

"We're looking for Skeletons, right?"

He knocks on it similar to how one might tap somepony's shoulder as he calls out.

"Excuse me, sir or madam, but would this happen to be one of your extremities?"

Emperor Ing
2016-09-04, 04:31 PM
Deepwood frowned. "Everypony- don't move!" he then flew above the strange mound and white rocks.
"How have you gotten there?" he has asked with a bark

Art it a most peculiarsome story! The buried mare begins. Was I most bewandering thru ye Forest Everfree. Was I lost for manysome days! I laidified mine head to rest upon this tree, only to wakify up upon mine whole body becovered in dirt! Indeed I canst not move, either, as though befused had mine body to stone!

Standing ready, Astral tries to discern from where the voice come from herself. She narrows it down to a nearby tree and the mound next to it. "Where are you?" she asks with concern in her voice, taking a step forward despite Deepwood's order.

Look hither! Replies the voice coming from inside the mound.

"Excuse me, sir or madam, but would this happen to be one of your extremities?"

Verily! The voice replies. Assistance art required for mine ability to move art most belimitedsomely. Am I...almost...certain the tree grew...into me. Prithee removest the soil from upon me? Do want not to remain trapped.

You are able to understand the mare's archaic dialect.

First Line: It's a most peculiar story! I was wandering through the Everfree Forest. I have been lost for days! I laid my head to rest beside this tree, and when I woke up, my whole body was covered in dirt! Indeed, I can't move, like my body fused to stone.

Second Line: Look here!

Third Line: Yes! Assistance is needed for my ability to move is limited. I am...almost...certain the tree grew...into me. Please remove the soil from me? I don't want to remain trapped.

igordragonian
2016-09-04, 05:22 PM
Deepwood face hoofed.

"Alright.. let's do the stupid thing, and dog her out. Tailwind and Alexcanter- help me to dig her out. Astral, Ms. Agony- be prepared to shamgic her, if she starting to eat us or something worse like hugging."
with a groan he trying to dig.

[roll0]+3

DualShadow
2016-09-04, 07:15 PM
Astral nods to Deepwood with an awkward smile "S-sure thing boss. I'll just shamgic her real good ... just like you said ...."

Nervously looking around to figure out what to do if it ever comes to magic, Astral makes up her mind to stand ready to jump in front of the digging ponies in case of a vicious attack ... or a welcoming hug.

"We're digging you out, don't move too much ... or at all please!" she calls out the buried mare. First day on the job and already digging animated skeletons out of their graves. If anything this job would not be boring.

Emmerlaus
2016-09-04, 07:34 PM
Tea Agony patiently wait for the staff to dig up what she think must be a other skeletton.

" I think she might be one of those... hummm, "being" Tailwind pointed out to us earlier. "

Ishimi
2016-09-04, 08:15 PM
Alexcanter helps Deepwood with the digging, not entirely certain how much help he'll be, but certain he can at least do Something.

[roll0]

"Don't worry, we'll have you out in no time!"

DaOldeWolf
2016-09-04, 08:50 PM
"I think I will just watch. No reason for everypony to get involved." BubbleGuard replies with a yawn. It was time to see their effectiveness of the field. He was actually also checking Deepwood´s leadership skills with this.

Emperor Ing
2016-09-05, 01:52 AM
Right-o! Worry not, for we shall expunge such dirt from your being at once! Tailwind salutes and joins Deepwood and Alexcanter. Fortunately the dirt is loose and it isn't a thick layer at all. The plants come right out, and without much difficulty, the body is revealed. The white bones of a pony's skeleton are clearly laid out, curled around itself as though at rest. The movement of limbs and the way its skull regards you all through violet pinpricks of light inside the eye-sockets clearly betrays how some semblance of life, or at least something that resembles life, remains inside this body. Though most bizarrely, its backbone seems to be stuck inside the tree, as though the tree grew around the skeleton. Even without the dirt, it's unlikely it's getting out anytime soon.

Thou hast mine gratitude! The skeleton speaks. A most bizzaresome happenstance, no? To wake up becovered in such a manner?

Though...if thou shalt permitify me to ask: From whence dost thou hail? Had I never beheard such most unusualsome dialects!

You have my gratitude! A very bizarre circumstance, no? To wake up covered in such a manner?

Though, if you'll permit me to ask: Where are you from? I have never heard such unusual dialects.

igordragonian
2016-09-05, 08:17 AM
Somehow, Deepwood would have felt better about this, if the not-dead pony would try to eat his eye balls or something.
This was... Just... wrong. He stared at it, while saying flatly to Astral.
"Astral, remind me later that I should write new edition to my guide to the Everfree Forest: "Everything that may and will go wrong." he pausing enough to let her take a note of this.

"Nah, Ma'am. I'v seen stranger things" he glanced toward Tailwind while talking to the skeleton.

He sighed. "Astral, don't move" he said, and took her like a tool, holding her head trying to use her horn to cut the tree, in attempt to release the skeleton

DualShadow
2016-09-05, 10:57 AM
The grey mare nods and makes mental note to remind about the writing of the book as she looks at the skeleton mare stuck in a tree. ""I'll admit that I find it a bit odd.

Astral's head slowly and mechanically turns towards Deepwood's face with big eyes as he tries to use her like a saw "Release me now. I've got hooves and I know how to use them in affectionate ways." she says with a calm voice. "I will hug you, snuggles you, cuddle you, pet you and all that, everyday."

Emperor Ing
2016-09-06, 11:41 PM
Oh my...! The earth pony skeleton gasped at the rather unorthodox method of getting her free.

And I do say! A most diversesome group of ponies had I ever seen one! Thou, art in particular, had I never seen before!

Mine apologies, where art mine manners? I am most dreadfulsomely sorry, hath it been a most unusualsome day. Mine name is Rose Compass. Erhm, perhaps thou hast heard of me?

Rose Compass, while a less-than-prominent historical figure, was an explorer credited for cartographing large portions of Equestria many years before the unification of the three tribes. It is her work that is credited for the salvation of the Pony race during the Wendigos' great freezing, for she discovered the uninhabited lands the pony races would migrate to to escape the Wendigoes many decades after her mysterious disappearance.

Evidently she found and attempted to explore the Everfree Forest and never came out.

igordragonian
2016-09-07, 12:43 AM
"Arrgh!" Deepwood gotten startled by his underling threat, and left her at once.

"I thought, I am getting fighters for my crew, not a lovers!" he groaned, and looked at Bubble Guard, enraged.
"Hmph." he turned to she skeleton. "Were you saying?"

DaOldeWolf
2016-09-07, 04:45 PM
"But that cannot.... " BubbleGuard stops speaking realizing what she had said. Could it actually be possible? Could she really be whom she claims? "Are you really Rose Compass? If you really are, then what happened to you after all this time?"

igordragonian
2016-09-07, 05:00 PM
Deepwood grumbled.
"Do you know her? Well, Bubbleguard you sure love skinny mares.'

DaOldeWolf
2016-09-07, 05:12 PM
"Not directly but I have read about her. She was a famous explorer who disappeared in this very forest." BubbleGuard explains to Deepwood. "I am actually surprised to meet her in the flesh, figuratively speaking, of course."

igordragonian
2016-09-07, 05:18 PM
"Sound terrible. Hmm.. well since the guard you gave under my command refusing to be useful, I'll probably go look for my beaver friends."

Emmerlaus
2016-09-07, 06:13 PM
" Pardon me my weird questions miss Rose Compass but could you look at your own body and tell me if you look alive and well? "

Once she answer: " THen tell me, do you have a goal to being here? What do you wish to do now once you are free? "

Tea Agony was surprised nopony wanted to question the skeletons for his whereabout how if she knew why she was brought back to life...

DualShadow
2016-09-07, 08:09 PM
Astral smiles despite the batpony's grumpiness. "I'll have you know that I can be a fighter. But why waste efforts when I can strike at weak points? Or should I say hug them? But back to the matter at hoof!"

"Rose Compass! I've read of you! Great explorer who found these lands! I wanted to do like you when I was little! To go alone in the unexplored wild and ..." she stops as she remember why she dreamed of those kind of adventures. With a little cough she regains some of her composure and smiles "Well pleased to meet you! I think?"

The grey mare nods as Tea Agony asks her questions and waits for the answer.

Emperor Ing
2016-09-08, 12:26 AM
"When you were little?" Compass echoed to Astral. Oh-hoho, sweetie, am I not THAT oldsome. Dear, have I been simplesomely asleep for the moon. Nary a day hath bepassed.

As for why thou findest mineself into this forest, hadst it always mine destiny to explorify! Expandify the boundary of the world. Upon mine return, shalt I make mine maps art available to all tribes, Unicornia, Pegastopolis, and Earth. Erhm... She looks around the ground while also happening to glance upon her body, at Tea Agony's request. She seems confused. From whence didst mine maps go? And why art I a skeleton? What ever carrying items she might have had, bags, and the parchment on which the maps were to be drawn, surely would have rotted away into nothing years ago.

A-a most peculiarsome enchantment upon these woods! Surely tis the case, for amongst you see I a fourth race of pony. No matter, can I improvise. She utters in denial, her forelegs twitching against each other as though trying to feel for invisible flesh and fur that simply isn't there. .Naturalsomely occurifying illusion magic. 'Tis a phenomenon that demandeth cataloguing.

When you were little? Oh-hoho, sweetie, i'm not that Old. Dear, i've just been asleep for a night. Not even a day has passed.

As for why I am in this forest, it's always been my destiny to explore! Expand the boundary of the world. Upon my return, I will make my maps available to all tribes, Unicornia, Pegastopolis, and Earth. Erhm...

Where did my maps go? And why am I a skeleton?

A-a most peculiar echantment! Surely this is the case for amongst you I see a fourth race of pony. No matter, I can improvise. Naturally occurring illusion magic. It's a phenomenon I must catalogue.

igordragonian
2016-09-08, 06:57 AM
Deepwood stared at the skeleton with compassion.
"I'll go get my beaver friends.." he said quitly, and then with a sigh took a flight to look for the beavers.

Emmerlaus
2016-09-08, 08:37 AM
Tea Agony shake her head: " Im sorry to say that I believe this is no illusion. "

She explain that we are at XXXX year today and that the 3 kingdom made a peace treaty since she was alive.

" Im sorry to be the one revealing of your condition but see it as a opportunity instead. You ARE here now after all. "

She tries to consolate her...

Heart
[roll0] + 3

DaOldeWolf
2016-09-08, 09:54 AM
"Aren't we missing something? Miss Compass, have you met her?" BubbleGuard points to Tailwind as he asks this. It was unlikely that this was the skeleton that Tailwind met on the castle. They were probably still missing others. It was important that they found the rest of them before looking at the source.

Emperor Ing
2016-09-08, 02:01 PM
Denial. Tailwind whispers to herself. She looks at Bubble Guard upon his questioning and vigorously shakes her head, her loose blue mane going flying.

What? Nay! Surely thee jest! Rose retorts. How can I be dead? Thou speakest to I and I respond! The dead doth they do not that! 'Tis a most nonfunny jest and thou shalt cease to jest at once! The skeleton growls at Tea Agony.

Anger. Tailwind whispers again.

J-j-just I need to leave! Yes! When I leave this forest, the magic shalt it weareth off! Then shalt I see!

Bargaining. That was fast.

What? No. Surely you're joking. How can I be dead? You speak to me and I respond. The dead don't do that. This joke isn't funny and you should stop!

I-I-I just need to leave! Yes! When I leave this forest, the magic will wear off. Then I will see!

Emmerlaus
2016-09-08, 04:40 PM
Tea Agony rose a eyebrow: " Or leaving the forest might actually kill you a other time and the magic who brought you back would stop. I could bring out history books from your time period if that is your wish. Their is tons of evidence I could provide you to prove we are in XXXX year. I understand its a lot to take in at once but as I said... you can either grieve on it OR see it as a opportunity. We dont know how much time the magic that brought you back from the dead will last so I suggest you make out your mind as soon as you can, to make the most of the time you have now... Is there ANYTHING we could do for you? "

DaOldeWolf
2016-09-08, 08:11 PM
"Dont worry, Miss Compass. I asure you that there are others in the same condition as yours." BubbleGuard´s tone was a bit more warm and caring. It was quite contrasting with his display of tone earlier. "Lets try to find an answer to this riddle together. I am sure an explorer like yourself would certainly enjoy to unravel such a mystery." He adds with the faintest of smiles.

Emperor Ing
2016-09-08, 11:59 PM
I...I...know not what to think of all this...

'Tis a most terrifying thing! Tailwind adds. To know the world moved on without you!

I...yes. 'Tis truth. At least...the world did it becometh better.

So havest I...one lastsome work: Just...want I to finishify the exploration of this forest. Even should it be mine last work, doth it bothers me shalt I leaveth it unfinished.

At about this time, Deepwood returns with what can only be described as a veritable legion of beavers. The beavers require no prompting, and immediately swarm the surprised Rose Compass, biting at something. When they clear out, the wood around the tree near Compass has been reduced to sawdust, and the skeletal pony is finally able to stand up at last for the first time in centuries on shaky legs.

In gratitude, she jumps onto Deepwood, pulling the batpony into a hug.

I...I...I don't know what to think of all this.

I...yes. It's the truth. At least the world became better.

So I have...one last work: I just want to finish my exploration of this forest. Even if it's my last work, it bothers me that I would leave it unfinished.

igordragonian
2016-09-09, 03:53 AM
"Here, Astral. This how you could have been useful" Deepwood has lectured his soldier.

And then he yelled with terror, when the skeleton hugged
"I knew something terrible will happen!"

He squirmed with discomfort

DualShadow
2016-09-09, 08:09 PM
Giggling at the ranger pony "Beavers are more efficient than an Unicorn's horn. I just saved yourself lots of physical contact and hardwork."

"Ok, now we know that they aren't bad. They're just ponies ... thin ponies. But Tailwind saw other skelepony I think we should track them down to make sure nothing bad happen out of a misunderstanding." Astral added with a hint of concern.

DaOldeWolf
2016-09-09, 11:43 PM
"I am still quite curious to find out the practical uses of a unicorn as a saw." BubbleGuard replies in disappointment. He actually was interesting in seeing if there could be some uses to the new maneuver that Deepwood had tried. At least, he managed to get into the interests of Miss Compass. "I suppose practicality beats thinking outside the box for today."

Emmerlaus
2016-09-10, 05:38 PM
Tea Agony frown seeing her being affectionnate to Deepwood and cant help but shiver in disgust. She control her facial expressions however but looks away: " How about we get going then? Their is a mystery to be solved here, we should return on the tracks near the castle. "

Emperor Ing
2016-09-10, 07:14 PM
After a quick squeeze, Rose Compass releases Deepwood.

Mine apologies canst I not help, do remember I only wakifying up. Compass says.

May...may I accompanyeth thee? Traversifying this forest art alonesome hath bekilled me before...shalt I not take such foolishsome risk again.

Returning to the castle, it appears that time has worn away some of the tracks, making them more difficult to spot, let alone track.

You can see the faint hoofprints in the dirt and can follow them, but the skeletons likely have a significant head-start at this point.

I apologize I can't help, all I remember is just waking up.

May I come with? Traversing the forest alone killed me before, I won't take such a foolish risk again.

Emmerlaus
2016-09-10, 07:33 PM
Tea Agony turn to Tailwind: " Miss Tailwind, do you mind scouting ahead from the skies? I doubt they are hiding so you might spot them before we do."

igordragonian
2016-09-10, 07:41 PM
Deepwood groaned. "Hmm.. sure. I also would want to know what have you discovered about this forest so far? I am studying it for quite a terrible while.'

Deepwood frowned.
"I can fly too, you know. Lady Agony.' he groaned.

Emmerlaus
2016-09-10, 08:54 PM
Deepwood groaned. "Hmm.. sure. I also would want to know what have you discovered about this forest so far? I am studying it for quite a terrible while.'

Deepwood frowned.
"I can fly too, you know. Lady Agony.' he groaned.

" But your tracking skills are the best among us. We need you on the ground because of it, so you can follow their trails. "

She goes to Deepwood, face to face, locking her eyes in his eyes. Her tone is a bit cold: " Are you not trusting my judgement? You want us on the ground to get lost? "

DaOldeWolf
2016-09-10, 09:12 PM
"I really don't understand what is going on between the two. Its completely terrifying but interesting. I just hope its not love. I am starting to think the sickness is spreading across the castle." BubbleGuard comments as he shudders.

Emmerlaus
2016-09-10, 09:48 PM
"I really don't understand what is going on between the two. Its completely terrifying but interesting. I just hope its not love. I am starting to think the sickness is spreading across the castle." BubbleGuard comments as he shudders.

Tea Agony horn glow and Bubbles receive a telekenesis slap. Her voice is still even but colder:

" When I took care of Money Bags where you left her off, she was eating four ice cream bowls before lunch. I think the only sickness that could be spreading here is your lack of honesty... You are the least person I wanna hear comments about love, Bubbles. Im not sure why you want to be hated but we get it already! How about you being useful and protect our rear, while Deepwood is leading the group. "

Emperor Ing
2016-09-10, 10:15 PM
Mine goodness! Compass gasped.

Tea, civilized ponies use their COMMAND over the Equestrian language to speak! Not petty acts of violence! Tailwind chastised Tea Agony.

For now, I shall make what lies before us known to me! Await my return! Tailwind jumps into the air, wings spread as she flies into the castle, completely ignoring Tea Agony's request.

Erhm, yes. Upon mine return to civilization, wherever or what ever that art, shall I make mine findings public! Indeed, shall I requestest an interview with thee? Shalt I give thee credit for collaboration as well! Alas, mine journal rotteth away years ago methinks... Just as Compass Rose trails off, the doors to the castle fling open, with Tailwind posing there beaming, holding a notebook in hoof. I return! She bellows in triumph.

Jot your recollections upon this! Tailwind hoofs the pen and notebook to the skeleton. Erhm, mine thanks?

Now, I am off! For real this time! She jumps into the air again, this time down the direction of the tracks.

A most interestingsome group thou havest... Rose Compass muses.

Emmerlaus
2016-09-10, 10:27 PM
Tea ignore Tailwind rent. say to Compass: " Im sorry but we will have to limit your interview to the wood and the castle's surrounding. The owner of that castle is Master Starswirl himself. Unless given permission directly by him, I cannot allow any discrete information to be leaked. May it be a reminder for all of you as well," she say, looks at the rookies especially.

igordragonian
2016-09-11, 12:09 AM
"N..no... You are right. I am a bit jumpy... Sorry..." Deepwood folded his ears, bowing his head a bit.

He flinched at the slap at Bubble and his love being a bit cold toward the poor undead.. But that was after all part of the reason he admired her

He talked to Compase while leading the way
"I live in this forest for ten years already, and I still getting surprised almost on daily basis. I wouldn't suffer too much, if we'l exchange information"

DualShadow
2016-09-11, 02:32 AM
Astral follows the ponies back to the castle and witnesses Bubble's remark, Tea's slap and her instruction about being discreet about any information. A few hoof step behind the group she ponders the dynamic of the group and each pony's quirks more.

She follows the group in the rear guard position, keeping silent, as they depart the castle under the ranger pony's guidance.

Emperor Ing
2016-09-12, 02:40 AM
Most fortunatesome! Rose cheered as she opened the notebook, getting ready to jot down her every thought and observation.

As Rose and Deepwood exchanged observations and ideas, the group continues following the tracks.

...will be revealed in the next post.

Emmerlaus
2016-09-12, 03:45 PM
Most fortunatesome! Rose cheered as she opened the notebook, getting ready to jot down her every thought and observation.

As Rose and Deepwood exchanged observations and ideas, the group continues following the tracks.

...will be revealed in the next post.

As long as Deepwood didnt seem distracted on the task ahead, Tea Agony didnt mind hm interacting with the skeleton of Compass...

She was surprised she didnt want news about her family or descandants and supposed the poor mare didnt have any.

She is alert and watching around for anything to be spotted or a hint of a trail...

Emperor Ing
2016-09-12, 05:06 PM
From atop the trees, you see figures lurking above them as though waiting in ambush, though they don't appear to be animals. If anything they're probably ponies. Or pony skeletons.

igordragonian
2016-09-12, 06:22 PM
"Wait a minute...' Deepwood sighed.
"Astral, be prepared for the worst. Hugs. Or simple violence, if we are lucky.' he said and flew up, preparing his bow

DualShadow
2016-09-12, 06:56 PM
Stood on her guard immediately at Deepwood's order. "Yes sir!" Astral answered, watching over the group from her position behind everypony.

Emmerlaus
2016-09-12, 07:13 PM
Tea Agony whisper to Deepwood, low enough for him to understand: " I can give you a clear shot by moving the foliage to reveal them. It should surprised them as well. "

DaOldeWolf
2016-09-12, 07:27 PM
BubbleGuard sighs. He preferred to find a less dangerous solution. "I really hope it doesn't come to that. That is the least we need in just about this moment."

So, what is BubbleGuard going to do in any case? We still havent talked about the spells for the day. :smallconfused:

Emmerlaus
2016-09-14, 12:29 PM
Once everyone is ready, Tea Agony move the foliage of the trees with her telekenesis to reveal them. She speak loudly:

" WOuld you mind coming down here, so we could talk? "

Emperor Ing
2016-09-14, 01:47 PM
What? Oh pony's sake, they found us! One of the beings, now visibly obvious to be one of the four skeletons in the trees, replies immediately.

What do we do, boss?

Just stick to the plan! At that, they all swoop down, skeletal wings extended to try and glide down and soften the landing. However the air doesn't catch their non-existent feathers, so they just end up crashing against the ground in four distinct heaps of bone.

Aarrghh...

Art thou all right...? Rose asks.

Emmerlaus
2016-09-14, 01:57 PM
" I hope you are alright. My name is Tea Agony, personnal assistant of Master Starswirl the Bearded. Can we help you with something? "

igordragonian
2016-09-14, 04:18 PM
"But no hugs.' Deepwood has warned, putting down his bow.

DualShadow
2016-09-14, 10:51 PM
As the four skelepony jumps down, Astral jumps up to put herself between them and her group. "What plan!?" she demands from the pile of bones.

DaOldeWolf
2016-09-15, 01:33 AM
BubbleGuard wondered what exactly the ponies were talking about. He remained in silence nevertheless. It was quite a sight to be hold when they tried but failed to fly away. He guessed they hadnt been that much time in this state. "Miss Tailwind, are those the ponies you met earlier?" He asked trying to keep the details of the castle secret from these suspicious group.

Emperor Ing
2016-09-15, 02:53 AM
Unfortunately Tailwind is nowhere near Bubble Guard, having gone on ahead to find the two skeletons they were originally looking for.

A clacking of bones echoes through the forest as the skeletons reassemble themselves at an ease at which a living pony might simply stand up.

This...isn't going to work. Let's go with plan B, sir. The fourth one echoes that the other three are obviously thinking. You can see on their bodies are various tattered cloaks and what appear to be bows in various states of disrepair.

Okay, plan B it is.

Um, let's see here, it goes-Greetings travelers! The skeleton waves at you all. We're here looking for the dastardly necromancer Dread Hoof. He has last been seen in this forest, creating evil spells to resurrect the dead!

We're, uh, pretty sure he succeeded. The other skeletons glance about their hooves sheepishly.

Do you know anything about him?

The name rings a bell as one of the pen names of Light Bright, a Unicorn Wizard who made up for what he lacked in raw magical power and knowledge with an almost uncanny ability to discover new schools of magic. Some benevolent, others not so much. Dread Hoof was what he used to publish a heavily enchanted and very powerful grimoire on a form of magic over the dead, he dubbed Necromancy.

The grimoire's capabilities are unknown, as it has never been found.

igordragonian
2016-09-15, 03:47 PM
Deepwood sighed.
"I only surprised that, Old One hasn't hired this Dread Hoof to our staff....' he grunted.

'I personaly didn't to suffer and meet this disgustingly sound pony. Yet."' Deepwood muttered.
'But why did he... awakened you? Is he terribly bored or something?"

DualShadow
2016-09-16, 04:30 AM
Astral stands with a eyebrow raised higher than the other one, puzzled "Necromancer? Dread Hoof?" She leans a little bit towards Deepwood "Huhhh sir? Just how many weird thing is there is this forest again?"

igordragonian
2016-09-16, 06:34 AM
Astral stands with a eyebrow raised higher than the other one, puzzled "Necromancer? Dread Hoof?" She leans a little bit towards Deepwood "Huhhh sir? Just how many weird thing is there is this forest again?"

"I have been living in this forest for more than horrifing ten years, I have wrote a book exactly about your question- and it seems I already need to make a second edition. Hmph. How terrible!"

Emperor Ing
2016-09-16, 11:46 PM
We're...not sure yet.

It's an army! Dread Hoof wants to create an army of the undead to overtake Equestria!!

No way. If he did, we wouldn't have control over our bodies...would we?

But it's subtle! Don't you see?! Dread Hoof WANTS us to think we're in control, until suddenly, we think that attacking Equestria and joining Dread Hoof to do so seems like it was our idea in the first place!!

No, that's stupid.

...It COULD happen.

Boss, I beg of you: If I ever think attacking Equestria is a good idea, end me right there and then!

Though the only contents of the Boss' eyes are small pinpricks of white light in empty eye-sockets, you can see the eye rolling. Deal.

Had I never beheard the name before. Art it beyond mine time!

Ma'am, you don't want to attack Equestria, do you?

Pardon? Nay! I shalt never!

Well, at worst, we can say his magic is involved. Somehow. Have any of you seen anything unusual or suspicious? The skeleton asks the group.