PDA

View Full Version : Unsounded II: Two Wrights Can Mend A Wrong

Pages : [1] 2 3

-D-
2016-07-22, 09:41 AM
Unsounded
ʌnˈsaʊndɪd/

not uttered, pronounced, or made to sound.
unfathomed or unexplored.

In this case it's a comic (http://www.casualvillain.com/Unsounded/) by Ashley Cope. There is also a Wiki (http://www.casualvillain.com/Unsounded/world/index.php/Main_Page) and Tumblr (http://unsoundedcomic.tumblr.com/).

This is the second installment of adventures of our infamous duo:

Sette - a girl with tail and some unique abilities, main of them ability to nick things and smell magic (although she wish she couldn't smell it, since according to her it smells like rotten farts)
Duane (aka Dwayne) - an attack zombie galit undead spellcaster with unique ability to cast spells without having to vocalize them, who serves as Sette bodyguard and moral guardian

This duo has been through a lot and has accumulated a bunch of interesting characters, some friendly, some not friendly at all:

Matthis Quigley (aka Quigley) - A spellwright Plat, of dubious moral characters that will do nearly anything for a coin. He may look young, but he's got ten years tops.
Mathew Quigley - Mathis son, a blind boy that uses his Chitz doll to see.
Jivi - A Crescian boy of indeterminate origin, he was once a slave to the Red Berry Boys, a group of villains kidnapping children for a really vile experiment.
Elka - Crescian soldier that along with Toma went on a hunt for Red Berry Boys. Currently a fugitive from the law.
Toma- Crescian soldier that went on a hunt for Red Berry Boys. Currently incapacitated, but a fugitive from the law.
Rahm - Crescian Blacktongue spellwright, with dreams of Pymary for independent flight. He has invisible legs.
Deliceu - A Blacktongue that hired Red Berry Boys, for the purpose of creating a really vile First Silver weapon/monster, that feeds on pain.
Winalils - Aldish Black tongue that wants to HEAL THE WORLD! He pursues those goal by subcontracting as an assassin.
Hetr - Crescian soldier that works for Bell. He's a real hater. Has pretty cool mustache though.
Bell - Crescian General Bell. A really creepy general.

Terms:

Galit - The damned, the cursed. Usually refers to undead slaves as they are cursed to walk the earth after their death. Duane considers himself galit.
Spellwright - Essentially a mage.
Plat - Caste in Alderode. Known for their short lifespans (30years) and high magic potential. They are essentially, reverse elfs. Beautiful, magic powered, but have 30 years tops.
Blacktongue - A mage that doesn't believe in rules. They get a tattoo on the tongue and their balls chopped off, when they join. They are related to lady titty bird.
Pymary - Magic, usually refers to magic that resides inside artifacts. Pymaric artifacts are made using memories and feelings and burning them into First Materials, where Khert can't garbage collect them.
First _____ (e.g. First Silver) - one of the First material. The First materials are special. First Materials belong to a corresponding Senet Beasts (e.g. First Silk is made from First Spiders). First materials are used for pymaric proof weapons, since you can't steal their aspects, or alternatively for burning magic into them, where it is safe.
Crescian - State of Gefendur faith, that believes in EXTREME equality. It eschews money and even using too many letters in names. All Crescian names have four letters.
Gefendur - A religion that believes in four gods that created the world. They practice canibalism of twin children.
Alderode - State that has dual Gefendur/Ssaelit faith. They frown on cannibalism but have a caste system based on the color of your hair and skin. Also women can only choose a couple of professions.
Ssaelit - A belief in singular mortal man Ssael that ascended, killed the Gods and became a God in their stead.
Khert - Essentially, the rules that govern laws of realities. Also processes your memory and feelings when you die. It also attempts to catch any errant ghost.
Senet Beast - Bunch of monster hipsters. They had their Khert, before it was cool, which stops some regular Khert functions like rotting or general degradation. They are effectively immortals, unless killed. Parts of their bodies are what people call First materials.
Ghost - Basically lost memories of dead people. When you die, Khert tries to free your soul and garbage collect your thoughts/emotions/memories. In Khert same kind of memories merge into entities e.g. Smoke Eels (painful memories) and Squishes (happy memories). These memories can escape from Khert in real world. However, Khert collects them after a while. First Materials due to their "Hipster Khert" can provide safe haven for Ghosts. Artificiers can extract memories of the dead for specific commands and turn your memories into tiny slaves and burn them into the First material. So your childhood memories of pushing a lever can be used FOREVER.

Unsounded, quite possibly the (2nd) best webcomic I have seen. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?233153-Unsounded-quite-possibly-the-(2nd)-best-webcomic-I-have-seen)

lord_khaine
2016-07-22, 10:47 AM
Replying from last thread.

A witch? :smalltongue:

Nono.. or well.. you also burn those.. but i meant a ******.

-D-
2016-07-22, 10:54 AM
Replying from last thread.

Nono.. or well.. you also burn those.. but i meant a ******.

You mean smoke, right? A *** is a slang for cigarette.

eschmenk
2016-07-22, 12:24 PM
Regarding the previous page:

I agree with Ashley, I like the way the group dynamic is forming. It's not what I expected.

Quigley and Sette are gonna be best friends!

The first panel today suggests that there is still a ways to go. :smalltongue: (Look back to see what Quigley means.)

-D-
2016-07-22, 12:51 PM
@eschmenk: They remind me of Avengers squabbling. Although with more insulting undertones :smalltongue:

lord_khaine
2016-07-23, 09:27 AM
You mean smoke, right? A *** is a slang for cigarette.

Yeah.. and it has also at one point meant a bundle of wood for the fireplace.

Morty
2016-07-25, 06:29 AM
Just what is Iori planning to do with the pymaric hover-board?

eschmenk
2016-07-25, 12:18 PM
Just what is Iori planning to do with the pymaric hover-board?

Fly through the water? I assume Uaid just walks through the barrier, so maybe she expects to fly through it? :smallconfused: It definitely looks like she is getting on it.

I'm also wondering what Rahm was doing. Was he hoping to lure Quigley away from his home so Quigley could be captured away from Duane? Maybe he was trying to keep the cops from realizing that he had been sheltering Quigley all along? Unfortunately, I doubt that he was honest with Mattey. :smallfrown:

Chromascope3D
2016-07-25, 02:57 PM
Just a nitpick, I don't think that the description of First Materials in the OP is entirely accurate, since it implies that they are un-pymarible, which isn't true because enchanting First Materials is a major (really, the most important part) of crafting pymarics.

-D-
2016-07-25, 05:21 PM
Just a nitpick, I don't think that the description of First Materials in the OP is entirely accurate, since it implies that they are un-pymarible, which isn't true because enchanting First Materials is a major (really, the most important part) of crafting pymarics.

It does have anti magic property, as it disrupts regular khert. Thing is, spirits or aspects can be isolated in it and be safe from regular khert recollection methods.

eschmenk
2016-07-25, 05:32 PM
It does have anti magic property, as it disrupts regular khert. Thing is, spirits or aspects can be isolated in it and be safe from regular khert recollection methods.

Yes, but I had the same sort of reaction when I read it. I would suggest adding something about pymarics being made from First materials. Maybe something like, "However, with the right equipment, pymary can be burned into first materials."

Morty
2016-08-01, 04:58 PM
Jivi really is one of the most decent and noble people in this comic, along with Iori.

-D-
2016-08-02, 09:40 AM
Jivi really is one of the most decent and noble people in this comic, along with Iori.
Ay. Too bad I am getting death flags from Iori.

Duane is also ok, but more bigoted.

Vinyadan
2016-08-03, 04:00 AM
Rahm!!! >:(

1dominator
2016-08-04, 11:57 AM
Does anyone else think Murkoph is Ssael? He has facial scars that are identical to the face paint of Ssaelit priests which I assume they wear in imitation of Ssael who was killed by lions. Those long marks on his chest might also be claw marks. He lives in the khert but is not eaten by it (just like Ssael). On the other hand he does not sound very aldish, though his looks could pass for aldish.

Aquillion
2016-08-04, 02:04 PM
It's a common theory. His facial scars clearly have some significance.

However, he referred to Ssael as another person when mocking Duane at one point, so if he's Ssael, something weird is going on. (eg. the legends of Ssael could be based on him without his knowledge.)

Morty
2016-08-04, 02:12 PM
I don't think he is Ssael, but the similarity of his facial scars to those Ssael is depicted with means they're connected somehow. Hard to speculate how, at this point.

eschmenk
2016-08-04, 03:06 PM
"Did they think I'd sleep 'till God got home?!" (http://www.casualvillain.com/Unsounded/comic/ch07/ch07_110.html) That makes it sound as if the god Ssael might have been created by removing and purifying his essence, and Murkoph is everything that was left behind. :smallconfused:

1dominator
2016-08-05, 12:59 AM
I thought I had seen an actual picture of Ssael himself with the face markings: http://www.casualvillain.com/Unsounded/comic/ch10/ch10_160.html
Conservation of detail implies that they correspond to Ssaels death wounds (at least according to the Ssaelit canon).

-D-
2016-08-05, 08:35 PM
I thought I had seen an actual picture of Ssael himself with the face markings: http://www.casualvillain.com/Unsounded/comic/ch10/ch10_160.html
Conservation of detail implies that they correspond to Ssaels death wounds (at least according to the Ssaelit canon).

Ssael was marked by someone. Lions don't leave orderly patterns on someone. I suspect Murkoph is maybe Ssael's contemporary to same extent Jesus and Gesmus were.

1dominator
2016-08-06, 01:05 PM
Ssael was marked by someone. Lions don't leave orderly patterns on someone. I suspect Murkoph is maybe Ssael's contemporary to same extent Jesus and Gesmus were.

Claw marks can definitely produce shapes made of overlapping parallel lines just like Ssael's facial markings. One horizontal swipe, one vertical swipe could produce that kind of cross hatching pattern. By the general principles of conservation of detail and occam's razor I would think it is most reasonable to assume that they are meant to represent the scars he received during his execution. Similarly to how images of Christian martyrs are often drawn in the process of, or with the wounds/injuries received during their martyring. Since their suffering and by extension their wounds are part of their holiness.

Or it could just be some random markings which are there for some yet to be revealed reason, who knows.

Morty
2016-08-06, 07:15 PM
The lines Duane glamoured onto his face, and those on the image of Ssael we saw while he was telling Sette about him, look stylized to me. But that wouldn't explain why those on Murkoph's face look the same. Unless he was purposefully scarred in a way that resembled Ssael.

-D-
2016-08-07, 01:02 PM
But that wouldn't explain why those on Murkoph's face look the same. Unless he was purposefully scarred in a way that resembled Ssael.
Unless those were marks given to people before sacrificial ritual. Murk is from Sharteshane, but Ssael is Tainish. Given those limits, I doubt they are the same person. Twins or expunged evil part - yes. Same person - no.

Ashley said we will learn more about Murkoph.

Vinyadan
2016-08-07, 04:58 PM
Like, "where are his pants?"

Morty
2016-08-07, 05:17 PM
I'd be very surprised if we got to the end of the story without learning anything about him. :smalltongue: I don't think he's the same person either. And what I meant was that the scars don't look "real". They look like an artistic representation of scars. So Murkoph's scars might have been purposefully made to resemble Ssaelit iconography.

eschmenk
2016-08-07, 08:13 PM
Like, "where are his pants?"

On his legs. Well, they weren't his, but he's wearing them (http://www.casualvillain.com/Unsounded/comic/ch09/ch09_55.html).

-D-
2016-08-08, 09:19 AM
Duane's new design is literally jaw dropping.

New comic. (http://www.casualvillain.com/Unsounded/comic/ch11/ch11_69.html) (Am I the only one checking this comic :smalltongue:)

Duane san must stay on target. Also, sure thing Quigs, let's not save or help people involved with Red Berry boyz.

eschmenk
2016-08-08, 10:23 AM
New comic. (http://www.casualvillain.com/Unsounded/comic/ch11/ch11_69.html) (Am I the only one checking this comic :smalltongue:)

Duane san must stay on target. Also, sure thing Quigs, let's not save or help people involved with Red Berry boyz.

Well, you can't blame him for having a grudge. :smallamused:

-D-
2016-08-08, 11:08 AM
Well, you can't blame him for having a grudge. :smallamused:
Oh, please that's ancient history by now :smallwink: It was like three days ago in comic time.

eschmenk
2016-08-08, 12:13 PM
Oh, please that's ancient history by now :smallwink: It was like three days ago in comic time.

...and they still didn't pay him, either. :smallbiggrin:

-D-
2016-08-08, 02:05 PM
...and they still didn't pay him, either. :smallbiggrin:
To be fair, most of them got their just desserts :smallamused:

1dominator
2016-08-08, 02:31 PM
Heh, the insurrectionists are he ones doing the torching, maybe you should help them!

Kind of a sloppy job though isn't it? Seems like people are scattering left and right, and if anyone escapes word will get out pretty quick that the army torched the town. Maybe they want rumours to spread, or dont care if they do because their plans are so close to completion. Is this even a coup? Toma thinks so but thats just his expert opinion. Maybe Bell is just a patriot who thinks the Queen was wrong in rejecting the use of the silver and is now going over her head. Still a sloppy job though.

Morty
2016-08-08, 02:57 PM
Now I'm wondering if Alderode has ever done the same thing. They probably haven't. Not because they're more noble, but because this isn't the kind of thing you do unless circumstances are extraordinary.

eschmenk
2016-08-08, 03:06 PM
To be fair, most of them got their just desserts :smallamused:

The wright, Bett, was arrested, so I think they all did, but who wants to be fair? :smallbiggrin:

(I'm not counting Delicieu. I suppose there might be more to the gang than the few people who went on this mission, but I doubt it.)

Heh, the insurrectionists are he ones doing the torching, maybe you should help them!

Kind of a sloppy job though isn't it? Seems like people are scattering left and right, and if anyone escapes word will get out pretty quick that the army torched the town. Maybe they want rumours to spread, or dont care if they do because their plans are so close to completion. Is this even a coup? Toma thinks so but thats just his expert opinion. Maybe Bell is just a patriot who thinks the Queen was wrong in rejecting the use of the silver and is now going over her head. Still a sloppy job though.

Word will get out. Not only will some survivors get away, across the river here is another city full of people watching it happen from a safe distance. Bell and Hetr just don't care. Hetr explained how Bell intended to explain it away starting in the last panel on this page (http://www.casualvillain.com/Unsounded/comic/ch11/ch11_55.html). No one will care about the surviving "tainted" townspeople complaining, nor will they care much about how horrified the Ulestrians might be. The survivors might be safer not letting anyone know that they ever lived there.

Why would there necessarily be a distinction between someone involved in a coup and a patriot, particularly from the coup plotters' POVs?

Now I'm wondering if Alderode has ever done the same thing. They probably haven't. Not because they're more noble, but because this isn't the kind of thing you do unless circumstances are extraordinary.

Granted, it will be in the future, but I think the massacre Duane witnessed while in the Khert was probably at least as bad. I don't remember anything specifically said in the comic itself, but I think there have been some horrible massacres in Alderode's past. I think the Tains was one group that was persecuted very intensely, for example.

Vinyadan
2016-08-08, 05:20 PM
This isn't being done by Cresce, however, or we aren't certain of it, at least. This is Bell's unrightful doing.

Ibrinar
2016-08-08, 05:38 PM
They look like an artistic representation of scars.

Well, duh, it is a comic after all.:P

eschmenk
2016-08-08, 06:02 PM
Well, duh, it is a comic after all.:P

But seriously, I'm not sure that Ashley would give Murkoph more realistic scars even if they were made by a lion attack, especially since he predates the comic and she seems to like him as a character (http://www.casualvillain.com/). Given that, I'm not sure what to make of the fact that they seem idealized.

This isn't being done by Cresce, however, or we aren't certain of it, at least. This is Bell's unrightful doing.

Well, yes, but Bell isn't going to tell the public that! We've been told by other people that Crescian justice can be very harsh, so I don't think this will seem out of place.

1dominator
2016-08-09, 01:56 AM
Why would there necessarily be a distinction between someone involved in a coup and a patriot, particularly from the coup plotters' POVs?

Either way they probably think themselves patriots. But I meant that maybe they dont want to overthrow the Queen, just win the war through whatever unsavoury means necessary.

Hetr explained how Bell intended to explain it away starting in the last panel on this page. No one will care about the surviving "tainted" townspeople complaining, nor will they care much about how horrified the Ulestrians might be. The survivors might be safer not letting anyone know that they ever lived there.

Maybe, but Cresce didn't strike me as the kind of country that would just eat something like that up. The thorough destruction of a friendly town seems like something completely unprecedented in this setting. Everyone is shocked, even Duane is shocked and he hates the Crescian's guts. Point being that things like this don't happen often, and it certainly does not fit the image of peaceful Cresce.
Maybe Bell will be able to hush the whole thing up what with being the Queen's right hand and all that, or brush it off as an attempted insurrection. But if people start popping giving the true account of the situation (that the silver was contained to the Nevergreen, that there was no widespread insurrection, that the army was just killing civilians) it might start the authorities wondering if maybe Bell overreacted. No one is speaking of treason of course, but perhaps the general's competence and judgement might be put in doubt, enough so to trigger some sort investigation. From there the whole thing would probably unravel, too many people know too much. Plus the logistics of the whole affair are suspect.

While we don't know exactly what the palace knew about the silver it still doesnt quite add up. The palace's actions are at odds with themselves. On the one hand they clearly know something was up since Toma was tracking Starfish and Co. and was presumably keeping them up to date, plus they had received Delecius (sp?) offer so they knew there was a deadly weapon out there somewhere.
But that is all they do, there is no other response apart from dispatching Toma. Ethelmik is neither evacuated nor reinforced. even after they learn that Starfish and Co. are quite likely in the city or very near it they do very little. Hell, the local peace guard is even ordered to withdraw to the front instead of being aiding in the search or being on guard for disaster. All this, combined with the fact that Cresce does not seem like the kind of country that would throw one of their own towns under the bus, makes it seem like the palace does not think that Starfish and w/e he is smuggling poses a serious threat. But not a day after the silver goes off an entire freaking army (of elite capital guard no less), complete with the kind of ordinance normally reserved for razing fortified cities shows up out of the blue to contain the "deadly weapon". Cresce seems like a big country (as big as Ulestry on the maps, which takes a month+ to cross on foot according to Starfish) so those troops would have had to set out weeks (months?) in advance to arrive at the border in time. Keep in mind that there is a war on and those troops (and definitely those constructs) are probably needed at the front. So on the one hand we have a lackluster and weak response and on the other the commitment of valuable troops and resources that are likely badly needed elsewhere. Anyone who does a thorough audit of the situation would probably seem the contradictions and realize that someone in this affair has their own agenda which the crown is not privy to.

TL;DR; The whole affair looks suspicious, and wont stand up to scrutiny once witnesses accounts of the massacre start coming to light. Since it looks like they are not taking much care to mop up the witnesses I suspect that Bell's plan is on the cusp of completion because if he takes too long he is going to be in the soup for real. I dunno what the actual plan is though, maybe its a classic coup or maybe he wants to finally end the struggle between Cresce and Alderode in the process becoming a warhero so legendary as to be beyond all reproach and retroactively justify whatever horrible things had to be done on the path to victory. Or maybe its some third option, either way precedent says its gonna be good!

P.S. Bloody forum almost ate the post, ouldn't that have been a huge waste of time? More so than normal anyways.

eschmenk
2016-08-09, 09:42 AM
...and it certainly does not fit the image of peaceful Cresce.
Several characters predicted that the Crescian reaction would be harsh.

.But if people start popping giving the true account of the situation (that the silver was contained to the Nevergreen, that there was no widespread insurrection...
Much of the law-abiding population of the town had already left, but he population still in the town had been ignoring the Palace's orders to evacuate the town and move elsewhere. They had disbanded their own town council and allowed the Frummagems to run the town instead of any legitimate authority. The cops really were all corrupt. Many of the remaining townspeople really had no respect for Crescian authority. Knock and Anadyne had no trouble getting the townspeople to attack Toma (http://www.casualvillain.com/Unsounded/comic/ch10/ch10_07.html), for example. Toma on the next page: "Your cops - and I'm presuming your entire godforsaken town - have gone right off a cliff" and "If kidnapping and smuggling are the only work you could find to save yourselves then you're not worth saving!" And that's Toma, who's incredibly nice for a Crescian officer! Bell, of course, we make the townspeople seem even worse than they actually were. They won't have any credibility if any survivors complain about what happened.

On the one hand [the Palace] clearly know something was up since Toma was tracking Starfish and Co. and was presumably keeping them up to date...
He was presumably keeping Bell up to date. A lot of good that would do! We saw that Toma was reporting to Bell, not directly to the Palace.

Ethelmik is neither evacuated nor reinforced.
No one would have thought that Ethelmik was a target, and it wasn't. It was common knowledge that Ethelmik would be evacuated and destroyed within a year anyway, so there would have been no point in Alderode or anyone else attacking it.

All this, combined with the fact that Cresce does not seem like the kind of country that would throw one of their own towns under the bus
That decision to do that had be made years ago! The town was costing too much, so it had to go.

...those troops would have had to set out weeks (months?) in advance to arrive at the border in time.
Hetr and his army had just left the previous day. It wouldn't have taken him more than a day to return.

Keep in mind that there is a war on and those troops (and definitely those constructs) are probably needed at the front.
The constructs had probably been stored in the old mines under Ethelmik and left when Hetr did, so it would have taken only one day for them to return, too. Even if not, they were probably passing through the area on the way to the front. In any case, we know that Bell hadn't intended to destroy the town until Elka told him that the silver had exploded there, which was just a day earlier.

Since it looks like they are not taking much care to mop up the witnesses I suspect that Bell's plan is on the cusp of completion because if he takes too long he is going to be in the soup for real.

We know what much of Bell's plan is because Bastion explained it to Rahm. It obviously will take months or years for that part to be completed, so no.

-D-
2016-08-10, 04:29 AM
New comic (http://www.casualvillain.com/Unsounded/comic/ch11/ch11_70.html).

Nobody expects the Galit Inquistion!

Vinyadan
2016-08-10, 05:15 AM
I wonder what Galit means. Duane is a unique case. Did he make that word up? Did he find a fantasy character with aspects similar to his own and pick it up for himself?

Anyway, what Duane really is is a friggin' puppy trying to make friends. It's terrifying, once he decides you are his friend, he will follow you around anywhere, help you, get insulted with a smile, scare off your enemies... I think he is a herding dog.

-D-
2016-08-10, 05:26 AM
I wonder what Galit means. Duane is a unique case. Did he make that word up? Did he find a fantasy character with aspects similar to his own and pick it up for himself?

Anyway, what Duane really is is a friggin' puppy trying to make friends. It's terrifying, once he decides you are his friend, he will follow you around anywhere, help you, get insulted with a smile, scare off your enemies... I think he is a herding dog.

Galit translated means damned. And is often used to describe the undead servants.

1dominator
2016-08-10, 12:10 PM
Several characters predicted that the Crescian reaction would be harsh.

Much of the law-abiding population of the town had already left, but he population still in the town had been ignoring the Palace's orders to evacuate the town and move elsewhere. They had disbanded their own town council and allowed the Frummagems to run the town instead of any legitimate authority. The cops really were all corrupt. Many of the remaining townspeople really had no respect for Crescian authority. Knock and Anadyne had no trouble getting the townspeople to attack Toma (http://www.casualvillain.com/Unsounded/comic/ch10/ch10_07.html), for example. Toma on the next page: "Your cops - and I'm presuming your entire godforsaken town - have gone right off a cliff" and "If kidnapping and smuggling are the only work you could find to save yourselves then you're not worth saving!" And that's Toma, who's incredibly nice for a Crescian officer! Bell, of course, we make the townspeople seem even worse than they actually were. They won't have any credibility if any survivors complain about what happened.

The decommissioning wasn't scheduled until a month or so in the future. There is also a difference between decommissioning the town, maybe trying and executing the ringleaders (do we know anything of the Crescian legal system?) and putting the whole town to the sword with nary a trial.

Also the treasonous tendencies of the town have nothing to do (nothing direct) with why it is getting torched. Officially the army is not there to punish an insurrectionists but to put down the silver. They're not supposed to be doling out justice, that speech Hetr gives is just his opinion and not Crescian state policy. The story is that the silver caused the terrible loss of life before the army managed to contain and destroy it.
If word gets out that the army was slaughtering civilians it might raise suspicious. It already looks suspicious that somehow EVERYBODY died and that the silver was so utterly destroyed that not even a trace of it remained. A weapon that is capable of wiping out towns and had just been used against them is probably something the Crescian state will have wanted to study. Maybe collect samples, question witnesses, try to learn its limits and capabilities, find out how to counter it. Its one thing to pass up the chance to use such a weapon yourself, it is downright negligent to not take the opportunity to learn about it once it had been used against you.

He was presumably keeping Bell up to date. A lot of good that would do! We saw that Toma was reporting to Bell, not directly to the Palace.

No one would have thought that Ethelmik was a target, and it wasn't. It was common knowledge that Ethelmik would be evacuated and destroyed within a year anyway, so there would have been no point in Alderode or anyone else attacking it.

That decision to do that had be made years ago! The town was costing too much, so it had to go.

Hetr and his army had just left the previous day. It wouldn't have taken him more than a day to return.

Those weren't Hetrs troops, those were soldiers from the Capital. Hetr was just in charge of the local peaceguard, not an army. As for the silver, looks like nobody knew it was going to erupt there which begs the question of why all those troops were so far out of position. I think Bell knows something we dont.

EDIT: Actually it looks like they planned to intercept the silver and take control of it themselves, so maybe the soldiers were there for that purpose. Still, I wonder what the official cover story was to justify funneling so many troops and equipment away from the front. Must have been a whopper.

Then again maybe Bell pretty much runs the palace, and the Queen has no authority or oversight. It sure is beginning to look that way considering the liberties hes taking.

The constructs had probably been stored in the old mines under Ethelmik and left when Hetr did, so it would have taken only one day for them to return, too. Even if not, they were probably passing through the area on the way to the front. In any case, we know that Bell hadn't intended to destroy the town until Elka told him that the silver had exploded there, which was just a day earlier.

I dunno I got the impression that the mines were used for storing out of date, decommissioned constructs. They certainly were not maintaining the ones we saw Toma use, they were all infested! Also I am not sure those big guys would even fit in the mines. According to the front the town is on the exact opposite side of the country from Alderode, which is where I assume the front to be.

We know what much of Bell's plan is because Bastion explained it to Rahm. It obviously will take months or years for that part to be completed, so no.

What did he explain? He only said the silver was moving to the Ssaelit capital, which I grant you will probably take a while.

eschmenk
2016-08-10, 05:10 PM
A weapon that is capable of wiping out towns and had just been used against them is probably something the Crescian state will have wanted to study.
So Bell will say that he had his wrights do that -- after all, it's military matter. "Yep, sure enough, they found out that the Aldish made the weapon. There were some signs the corrupt townspeople were involved, too. Don't worry, between the silver blowing up in their faces and my troops, they have all been taken care of."

EDIT: Actually it looks like they planned to intercept the silver and take control of it themselves, so maybe the soldiers were there for that purpose.
Granted, there was a pronoun used (http://www.casualvillain.com/Unsounded/comic/ch11/ch11_57.html), but I think it's clear enough that "he" always meant Stockyard. After all, Bell wasn't there, and Hetr wouldn't use the pronoun for himself, and Stockyard (not Bell) took the silver from the Redberry Boys. Also, the third frame makes it explicit that Stockyard was the one who failed to finish the silver's journey to the coast.

Then again maybe Bell pretty much runs the palace, and the Queen has no authority or oversight. It sure is beginning to look that way considering the liberties hes taking.
IMO, that would amount to going from thinking Bell has too little power to thinking he has too much. He can be powerful enough to generally get away with whatever he wants to do without being able to "pretty much run the Palace."

What did he explain? He only said the silver was moving to the Ssaelit capital, which I grant you will probably take a while.
And that's enough to know that Bell's plan wasn't intended to come to fruition all that quickly.

1dominator
2016-08-10, 11:16 PM
Granted, there was a pronoun used (http://www.casualvillain.com/Unsounded/comic/ch11/ch11_57.html), but I think it's clear enough that "he" always meant Stockyard. After all, Bell wasn't there, and Hetr wouldn't use the pronoun for himself, and Stockyard (not Bell) took the silver from the Redberry Boys. Also, the third frame makes it explicit that Stockyard was the one who failed to finish the silver's journey to the coast.

Not sure how I misread that, definitely sounds like he is referring to Stockyard.

IMO, that would amount to going from thinking Bell has too little power to thinking he has too much. He can be powerful enough to generally get away with whatever he wants to do without being able to "pretty much run the Palace."

I think he has to be able to control access to the crown to pull off something like this. There are enough lose ends here that any independent party that starts looking into the affair will get suspicious real fast. The only way to guarantee secrecy is to make sure that everything is handled by Bell's henchmen and for that to be the case I think he has to be pretty much be operating without oversight and with the complete trust and vested authority of the Queen.

-D-
2016-08-12, 04:34 AM
New comic (http://www.casualvillain.com/Unsounded/comic/ch11/ch11_71.html).

Wand'ring foeman, be wise, be wary.
You followed a raptor into its aerie.

Yuki Akuma
2016-08-12, 08:53 AM
Amazing how that rhymes in both Old Tainish and Continental.

-D-
2016-08-12, 09:09 AM
Amazing how that rhymes in both Old Tainish and Continental.
The translator is pretty good :smallwink:

-D-
2016-08-15, 01:44 AM
New comic (http://www.casualvillain.com/Unsounded/comic/ch11/ch11_72.html).

Clashing philosophies, clashing pymaries. Updates continue next Monday.

Jallorn
2016-08-15, 01:45 AM
Looks like Duane is losing, though he surprised Rahm a few times.

-D-
2016-08-15, 01:48 AM
As they say, it ain't over till the fat lady sings :smallwink:

Morty
2016-08-15, 04:43 AM
This isn't going well for our attack zombie. As OP as he is, Rahm is on his home turf, and has a lot of pymarics.

-D-
2016-08-15, 04:58 AM
This isn't going well for our attack zombie. As OP as he is, Rahm is on his home turf, and has a lot of pymarics.
I know of couple of really good arguments against. Mainly Fireloper weapon.

Vinyadan
2016-08-15, 07:20 AM

Wait until he tells him what he and Lady did :smallbiggrin:

Chromascope3D
2016-08-15, 10:24 AM
Rahm's coattails have a feather lining. This nerd is really dedicated to his theme. :smallbiggrin:

eschmenk
2016-08-15, 11:29 AM
As they say, it ain't over till the fat lady sings :smallwink:

You just made me think of Iori dressed as an Valkyrie while flying the Segway as she sings something from one of Wagner's operas. :smallamused:

Landis963
2016-08-15, 01:01 PM
Even if Iori doesn't show up, can't Duane redirect his momentum so that he's back in the fight?

eschmenk
2016-08-15, 07:08 PM
Even if Iori doesn't show up, can't Duane redirect his momentum so that he's back in the fight?

It depends on whether or not Rahm's pymaric has Duane's powers well in hand. :smallamused: Seriously, it's just a matter of how strong the pymaric is compared to Duane's powers and what the range is. OTOH, Rahm won't find it easy to turn Quigley over to anyone. I think Hetr is dead and everyone under him would probably attack Rahm on sight. I don't see how Rahm can continue much longer to think that he still can secure the town's future. Once he realizes the town can't be saved, he will have no incentive to turn Quigley over. I don't know if he will live long enough to realize that, though. (I suspect that Ashley would want to include the drama, though.)

Vinyadan
2016-08-16, 02:34 AM
If Duane can't get back in the air and is just going to end up squashed against the ground, that's a remarkable choice of last words.

So, how about core leeching the stones at the base of the tower? Not that good for prisoner retrieval, but it should make Rahm think about his situation.

-D-
2016-08-16, 03:01 AM
I think Hetr is dead
Wut? Why? Last we saw him Elka tried to bash his head in with momentum and his dog kicked her.

If Duane can't get back in the air and is just going to end up squashed against the ground, that's a remarkable choice of last words.

So, how about core leeching the stones at the base of the tower? Not that good for prisoner retrieval, but it should make Rahm think about his situation.
He can change his momentum and land on his feet.

As for core leeching, you need to identify material and Rahm could have changed composition of the tower to be less pymary friendly.

Randomguy
2016-08-16, 06:43 AM

I'm pretty sure you can't core leech nonliving things.

Yuki Akuma
2016-08-16, 06:58 AM
I'm pretty sure you can't core leech nonliving things.

Why wouldn't you be able to? All it is is removing an aspect from something to trigger the Khert's garbage retrieval protocols.

eschmenk
2016-08-16, 10:31 AM
Wut? Why? Last we saw him Elka tried to bash his head in with momentum and his dog kicked her.

So, was she successful? Granted Hetr's hand would have provided some amount of cushion when Hetr's head bashed into the handle, but I would expect that at the very least he would have a bad concussion from that. And that's assuming his head was still attached to his body. The way it's drawn, his head is much too far from his shoulder, but if his head came off, I don't think the cape would have traveled with it, so I'm not sure how to interpret that.

Ronnoc
2016-08-16, 01:40 PM

You can definetly core leech inanimate objects that said the more often you do it and the bigger the object your affecting is the more likely the khert is to delete you rather than the object you're core leaching.

Something tells me trying to core-leech the foundation is just a particularly flashy way of deleting oneself from existance.

lord_khaine
2016-08-16, 04:19 PM
Why was it now anyone would care about Quigley?

He is just an insignificant mercenary who is going to be dead in a few years all the same.

And is Rahn also a tactic caster, or does he just have a lot of magic items prepared?

Lethologica
2016-08-16, 04:23 PM
Quigley's an asset and known (if reluctant) ally, Uaid's an asset and transportation, and Matty's a good kid.

Rahm is not a tacit caster. Didn't Ashley say something about only showing tacit casters by pointing them out with neon arrows because she can't write out the verbal commands for everyone all the time?

lord_khaine
2016-08-16, 04:36 PM
Ahh.. no.. i mean why would anyone care enough about Quigley to try and steal him?

He is amusing enough in a snarky way as a character.

Randomguy
2016-08-16, 05:25 PM
Why wouldn't you be able to? All it is is removing an aspect from something to trigger the Khert's garbage retrieval protocols.

You can definetly core leech inanimate objects that said the more often you do it and the bigger the object your affecting is the more likely the khert is to delete you rather than the object you're core leaching.

Something tells me trying to core-leech the foundation is just a particularly flashy way of deleting oneself from existance.

Looks like you're right. (http://unsoundedcomic.tumblr.com/post/127686784875/hey-really-sorry-if-i-missed-it-somewhere-but#notes) I didn't realize that "borrowing" the aspect of solidity from stone, which Elka did several times, was a distinct thing from leeching it.

Morty
2016-08-16, 05:30 PM
Why was it now anyone would care about Quigley?

He is just an insignificant mercenary who is going to be dead in a few years all the same.

And is Rahn also a tactic caster, or does he just have a lot of magic items prepared?

Rahm has a lot of pymarics. Ashley said that she usually cuts out the words of spells so as not to clutter up pages, and if another tacit caster appears, we'll know.

eschmenk
2016-08-16, 09:31 PM
Ahh.. no.. i mean why would anyone care enough about Quigley to try and steal him?

He is amusing enough in a snarky way as a character.

Bastion asked Rahm to dispose of him in the first panel here (http://www.casualvillain.com/Unsounded/comic/ch11/ch11_51.html). Ashley mentioned that she originally planed for Bastion to kill Elan (http://unsoundedcomic.tumblr.com/post/148741257305/you-mentioned-in-the-past-that-starfish-was) because Bastion "takes betrayal personally." My guess is that Bastion considers Quigley to have betrayed the plot, too (even if Quigley never talked to Bastion directly) and he doesn't want to take any chances with Quigley possibly causing problems in the future, so he wants Quigley to die. It's probably more a matter of not wanting to take any chances than actually expecting Quigley to cause problems.

Aquillion
2016-08-17, 09:29 PM
Bastion asked Rahm to dispose of him in the first panel here (http://www.casualvillain.com/Unsounded/comic/ch11/ch11_51.html). Ashley mentioned that she originally planed for Bastion to kill Elan (http://unsoundedcomic.tumblr.com/post/148741257305/you-mentioned-in-the-past-that-starfish-was) because Bastion "takes betrayal personally." My guess is that Bastion considers Quigley to have betrayed the plot, too (even if Quigley never talked to Bastion directly) and he doesn't want to take any chances with Quigley possibly causing problems in the future, so he wants Quigley to die. It's probably more a matter of not wanting to take any chances than actually expecting Quigley to cause problems.

More importantly, Quigley has an entirely unearned reputation as a highly-skilled hero (http://unsoundedcomic.tumblr.com/post/148983930965/why-does-everyone-want-quigley-dead-the-poor-sod) due to the play about him. Bastion's reaction to him is like finding out that Rambo or James Bond had wandered into the area while you're planning an evil scheme.

(So of course you put his son in danger and try to catch him in an elaborate deathtrap.)

eschmenk
2016-08-17, 10:11 PM
More importantly, Quigley has an entirely unearned reputation as a highly-skilled hero (http://unsoundedcomic.tumblr.com/post/148983930965/why-does-everyone-want-quigley-dead-the-poor-sod) due to the play about him. Bastion's reaction to him is like finding out that Rambo or James Bond had wandered into the area while you're planning an evil scheme.

(So of course you put his son in danger and try to catch him in an elaborate deathtrap.)

I doubt that Bastion would be influenced by the play very much with respect to Quigley's abilities. Bastion probably has a pretty realistic understanding of Quigley's limitations. I think he talks to people a lot and probably knows that Quigley had to turn to the Black Tongues for help for Matty's blindness and Timofey might even have told him that Quigley didn't do all that well against Anadyne and Starfish. He would also understand that Quigley didn't have much prestige in Alderode before things blew up. I think he might have gotten the impression that Quigley might be more idealistic than he is from the play, though.

I think Ashley's answer would apply to other people more than Bastion, although it would be partially true for him, too.

1dominator
2016-08-17, 11:15 PM
Maybe Bastion doesn't want them becoming friends, maybe he thinks it will undermine any potential influence he might have, or maybe if they gang up they'll be too powerful together for whatever Bastion has planned. Or he fears Quigly's hate for Alderode might interfere with Duane traveling there (though he seemed pretty set on that).

Bastion didn't seem like the casually murderous type so I hope it is something more than Quigly being a minor complication which his plans would be better off without. I trust he has a real, solid reason for getting rid of him which we are not yet privy to.

Lethologica
2016-08-18, 01:05 AM
We did see Bastion pissed that Quigs and Duane were hanging out. That was the last straw--and, given Bastion's obsessive pride in Duane as his creation, possibly the only straw.

-D-
2016-08-18, 03:36 AM
We did see Bastion pissed that Quigs and Duane were hanging out. That was the last straw--and, given Bastion's obsessive pride in Duane as his creation, possibly the only straw.

Quigley also insulted Bastion, by insulting Duane. Bastion doesn't like that.

I think there are zero chances of Duane and Quigs getting along. Quigs is a rather selfish person that has no other goals than self preservation. Duane is wide eyed idealist, with lust for vengeance.

Lethologica
2016-08-18, 11:00 AM
I suspect Duane can approach Quigley's good side by aiding his goals of self-preservation and Matty-preservation. Sort of like what's happening now.

Yuki Akuma
2016-08-18, 11:05 AM
I can't see them being friends, but I can easily see them being allies.

Morty
2016-08-18, 11:33 AM
Yes, I expect Duane and Quigley to end up in a "work together, bicker all the time" sort of relationship. On Quigley's part, at least. Duane keeps trying to be his Aldish expatriate buddy. It's kind of adorable, really.

lord_khaine
2016-08-18, 12:49 PM
Thanks for the explanation, makes a little more sense why a relatively minor player like Quigley would suddenly get focused like that.
Also missed earlier that he lost his magic, a bit surprised about that, but explains how easy he went down.

eschmenk
2016-08-18, 02:41 PM
Thanks for the explanation, makes a little more sense why a relatively minor player like Quigley would suddenly get focused like that.
Also missed earlier that he lost his magic, a bit surprised about that, but explains how easy he went down.

Actually, as far as I know, the only pymaric Quigley lost was his bug cloak, but Duane gave that back to him. I think Quigley went down so fast simply because he triggered a very effective trap. Maybe he was too worried or distracted by arguing with Duane to be as cautious as normal, but I think it was mostly just a matter of Rahm being one step ahead of him.

Maybe Rahm was also thinking that Uaid was damaged, too, and was just lumping that in. Or maybe Quigley had more pymarics back when he first fled Alderode.

lord_khaine
2016-08-18, 04:12 PM
Well.. it is a little confusing, Rahm directly mentioned that Quigley had lost his pymarics, and though him weakend enough that he could have been left to the officials.

Vinyadan
2016-08-19, 02:56 AM
Quigley has also been fighting for days now, and magic does cause fatigue. He may be much weaker than when he fought Duane, while Rahm has been saving his own strength this whole time.
Duane doesn't seem to be that tired, but it might be a zombie thing, or it could be because, as an instructor, he actually knows how to use magic in a less tiresome way.

Chromascope3D
2016-08-19, 09:51 AM
It'll be just like The Odd Couple (https://youtu.be/MPPbO8f2sJc?t=1m10s), only one's a patriot and the other's a traitor. :smalltongue:

Morty
2016-08-22, 05:55 AM
Any bets on what they saw?

-D-
2016-08-22, 07:40 AM
Any bets on what they saw?
Something weird, I guess. Note that Toma looks complacent, while Elka is horrified, so I'm guessing Duane's new jawdropping look :smalltongue:

What else could they see? Naked Bastion? Iori flying? Uaid? Sette lootin'?

Kantaki
2016-08-22, 07:55 AM
Something weird, I guess. Note that Toma looks complacent, while Elka is horrified, so I'm guessing Duane's new jawdropping look :smalltongue:

What else could they see? Naked Bastion? Iori flying? Uaid? Sette lootin'?

All of the above?:smallbiggrin:

Whatever it is, I guess Toma has simply seen too much recently to care about it.
So, at worst they are facing another Silver-monster or something in that league.

eschmenk
2016-08-22, 09:16 AM
Someone on a dog is chasing them. I'll guess that's Hetr. In this comic, people can be very durable. :smallamused:

What else could they see? Naked Bastion...

Naked Duane! (The hands were grabbing Duane's clothing.)

-D-
2016-08-22, 09:57 AM
Someone on a dog is chasing them.
According to Ashley, it's not good. So maybe not Duane (the location doesn't align any way).

Even bigger invisible mecha.

-D-
2016-08-24, 03:02 AM
New comic.

Only 16 remaining.

It seems first/second panel is some wright holding aspects of the waterfall.

Unsure who just uttered "Death is the Gods' crime".

Landis963
2016-08-24, 10:38 PM
New comic.

Only 16 remaining.

It seems first/second panel is some wright holding aspects of the waterfall.

Unsure who just uttered "Death is the Gods' crime".

I believe Quigley is gagged, so Rahm is saying that.

Morty
2016-08-25, 06:45 PM
Definitely Rahm, since it looks like it's a Black Tongue motto by now. We've seen Rahm and Lady Ilganyag say it, and according to Cara, Bastion said it too.

-D-
2016-08-27, 07:37 AM
Definitely Rahm, since it looks like it's a Black Tongue motto by now. We've seen Rahm and Lady Ilganyag say it, and according to Cara, Bastion said it too.
It really sounds like something Ssaelit would say :smallamused:

New comic (double page) (http://www.casualvillain.com/Unsounded/comic/ch11/ch11_77.html).

ACTION INTENSIFIES!!!
Rahm bitchslaps Duane, while Cresce bitchslaps the tower. Elka looks like a Wolverine. An' Hetr makes a proposal Toma&Elka are going to refuse.

Morty
2016-08-27, 09:47 AM
Indeed, which raises some interesting implications.

-D-
2016-08-29, 03:50 AM
New comic (http://www.casualvillain.com/Unsounded/comic/ch11/ch11_79.html).

Where we see Elka run away.

-D-
2016-09-02, 05:20 AM
My apologies for double post, but there is update to be had:

New comic (http://www.casualvillain.com/Unsounded/comic/ch11/ch11_81.html).

Scary Duane is scary :smalleek::smalleek:
Also these comics end on an almost literal cliffhanger :smalleek:

Morty
2016-09-02, 05:32 PM
See, kids, this is why you learn some hand-to-hand combat aside from spell-slinging.

-D-
2016-09-12, 04:45 AM
New comic (http://www.casualvillain.com/Unsounded/comic/ch11/ch11_83.html).
New comic (http://www.casualvillain.com/Unsounded/comic/ch11/ch11_85.html).
New comic (http://www.casualvillain.com/Unsounded/comic/ch11/ch11_86.html).

All is well what ends well :P

Am I the only one that posts these :smallconfused:

-D-
2016-09-14, 04:57 AM
Double Post. Hope someone responds :smallfrown:

New comic (http://www.casualvillain.com/Unsounded/comic/ch11/ch11_87.html)

The play is coming to a close. Not there quite yet, but at least our actors are up to the task of coming with melodramatic (and punny) exits.

Gauntlet
2016-09-14, 06:34 AM
Bastion is still hanging around somewhere. I get the feeling Rahm has some more trouble ahead.

Morty
2016-09-14, 08:01 AM
Bastion is probably the least of the Ripas' problems at this point. Their main one is the army razing the city to the ground.

Kantaki
2016-09-14, 08:14 AM
Well, on the plus side it can only get better from there - I mean to get worse the story would have to get outright apocalyptic...

Oh who am I trying to fool? The only light at the end of the tunnel is a oncoming train, or in this case more burning cities.

-D-
2016-09-14, 09:06 AM
Oh who am I trying to fool? The only light at the end of the tunnel is a oncoming train, or in this case more burning cities.
Well a train carrying several burning cities, crying women, children and men.

But it gets better! Then they die and end up in khert where they congeal into nightmarish eel and khert ghosts.

AdmiralCheez
2016-09-15, 01:12 PM
Well a train carrying several burning cities, crying women, children and men.

But it gets better! Then they die and end up in khert where they congeal into nightmarish eel and khert ghosts.

Yaay! I mean, wait, no. That's awful. But at least everyone still alive gets to see their lost loved ones again!

Chromascope3D
2016-09-15, 11:45 PM
New Page (http://www.casualvillain.com/Unsounded/comic/ch11/ch11_88.html)

They love each other. :3

Vinyadan
2016-09-16, 01:36 AM
Hethr! How can you win, if you lost yourself, your honour and your moustache?

-D-
2016-09-16, 03:47 AM
Hethr! How can you win, if you lost yourself, your honour and your moustache?
IN MEMORIAM Hetr's moustache.

We will all miss you.

New Page (http://www.casualvillain.com/Unsounded/comic/ch11/ch11_88.html)

They love each other. :3
Was there ever a doubt about that? Iori and Rahm are IMO One True Pairing. I hope nothing grisly happens to them, and they go somewhere and have a bunch of nice clocks and ghert ghost babies.

Aquillion
2016-09-16, 08:43 PM
Whelp, we looked down the waterfall. Nobody could have survived that. It's all, like... far, and water-y, and fall-y. And there's rocks at the bottom, totally sharp ones. No need to look any further, they're 1000% dead.

Kantaki
2016-09-17, 11:23 AM
I get the feeling our General might not be entirely sane.
Even less than expected I mean.

Morty
2016-09-17, 03:57 PM
He looks perfectly sane to me. Just fanatical.

Kantaki
2016-09-17, 06:23 PM
He looks perfectly sane to me. Just fanatical.

That line is a very thin one. And in my book Glöckchen*is pretty close to crossing it, if he hasn't already.
On the other hand I consider anyone involved with Delicieu and his Silver Abomination crazy.

*german Glocke = Bell, Glöckchen ~ little bell (and the name of Peter Pan’s fairy girlfriend)

Morty
2016-09-18, 04:50 PM
Perfectly sane, "normal" people can do all that and more if they have a cause.

-D-
2016-09-18, 10:59 PM
New comic (http://www.casualvillain.com/Unsounded/ch11-p89/)!

Two more to go, and then we wait till next year. But boy, the last few panels, had me in a knot ;)

Morty
2016-09-19, 04:49 AM
Until next year? That's a long wait. Looks like we'll have a cliffhanger to speculate on, too.

-D-
2016-09-21, 05:11 AM
New comic (http://www.casualvillain.com/Unsounded/comic/ch11/ch11_90.html).

Oh, wow, that's a huge reveal. Pretty good chances he ain't no Ssael (perhaps his shed immorality). He seems vampiric almost.

Also he can corrupt smoke eels into smoke skulls :smalleek: Teh ****.

Until next year? That's a long wait. Looks like we'll have a cliffhanger to speculate on, too.
As someone that waited on Berserker series for effin years, yeah these things take time. I'd rather wait a few months for a rollercoaster ride that is Unsounded, than suffer constant bland updates a la Erfworld.

Besides, there will be a fanfic contest in meantime and Patreon users might get a story. Also Vol 3 on Kickstarter.

Morty
2016-09-21, 05:29 AM
Yeah, I'm not complaining. Producing a comic like that takes time. Ashley is still remarkably quick.

So, he was a hated and feared monster wandering the world. That's not too surprising. But he doesn't know or remember where he actually came from. Or if he does, he's not telling. And who was it who finally imprisoned him? Probably someone we haven't seen yet.

Kantaki
2016-09-21, 01:15 PM
If he wasn't such a monster I could almost feel bad for Murkoph.
That expression after Ilganyag interrupts his amusing memories...:smallamused:

Morty
2016-09-21, 03:51 PM
On another note, his skin sort of... hanging off him like a suit is subtly unsettling.

Wayson
2016-09-21, 10:07 PM
I get the feeling our General might not be entirely sane.
Even less than expected I mean.

In fairness to General Bell, the character we're seeing run around atop the waterfall (sans half of face) is Hetr. General Bell seems to be quite sane, albeit also quite ruthless.

Vinyadan
2016-09-22, 02:21 AM
Wasn't he the guy tasting the blood of the girl he had just sucker sworded? Unless it's an ancient Crescian way to show respect by spreading hepatitis, I wouldn't put him into the "fully normal" bin. Toma doesn't do that.

I think more and more that Murkoph has something in common with Sette. Maybe he also was developed by a wizard. Until now, he, Sette and Duane are the only ones who aren't senet beasts and the Khert doesn't process. Which kind of reminds me of the pymary developed by Mrs Quigley, the khert is stopped from recognizing objects.

Kantaki
2016-09-22, 07:07 AM
In fairness to General Bell, the character we're seeing run around atop the waterfall (sans half of face) is Hetr. General Bell seems to be quite sane, albeit also quite ruthless.

Ah, yes. Right. Seems I was mixing up names again. Oh well, it happens.
In that case I take my statements about Bell back and say it about Hetr instead.

Wasn't he the guy tasting the blood of the girl he had just sucker sworded? Unless it's an ancient Crescian way to show respect by spreading hepatitis, I wouldn't put him into the "fully normal" bin. Toma doesn't do that.

Did he actually taste the blood?
Either way, until we know more about him than „vampirism as a gesture of... respect(?)”* and „seems to be involved with the tasty lizard and his silver beasty”** I will hold back on judging him.

*Or whatever that was supposed mean.
**Although that is pretty damning in itself.

-D-
2016-09-22, 11:51 PM
New comic.

In which Murkoph and titty bird talk. And many things are revealed.

Morty
2016-09-23, 05:43 AM
And more questions are left in their place.

I once had an idea that Murkoph may be an earlier attempt to create someone like Duane. The new pages suggest that might be true. But he was probably never human.

Vinyadan
2016-09-23, 06:15 AM
So she entered the Khert to look for Murkoph?
I wonder if this is what panel 1 here actually means. http://www.casualvillain.com/Unsounded/comic/ch10/ch10_72.html

I also wonder if she is the only senet beast down there, if she really is one as Duane said. They have nothing to fear from the Khert.

Chromascope3D
2016-09-23, 09:22 AM
I guess we also know why infants she tries to nurse tend to die

Lethologica
2016-09-23, 02:17 PM
And more questions are left in their place.

I once had an idea that Murkoph may be an earlier attempt to create someone like Duane. The new pages suggest that might be true. But he was probably never human.
Titty-bird says Duane is a cruder construction than Murkoph. The way she talks about Murkoph's past also implies that Murkoph was once a much greater being then Duane. Clearly something was done to make a mockery of Murkoph, just as Duane was experimented on, but I'm not sure what there is to suggest that the motives, means, or ends were similar.

eschmenk
2016-09-28, 09:33 AM
The last couple of panels reminded me that there are folk tales about Lady Ilganyag trying to suckle infants and accidentally smothering them. Apparently, it might have actually been even worse for the infants. :smalleek:

(I think I remember the folk tales from the comic itself, but I'm not certain that's the source.)

Titty-bird says Duane is a cruder construction than Murkoph. The way she talks about Murkoph's past also implies that Murkoph was once a much greater being then Duane. Clearly something was done to make a mockery of Murkoph, just as Duane was experimented on, but I'm not sure what there is to suggest that the motives, means, or ends were similar.

I think one possible interpretation is that she was implying the Ssael wasn't a god. "Again and again [men] see gods in themselves and capture them on paper." In that case, Murkoph could be Ssael after he was turned evil, but Ssael may have just been a delusional person and maybe even a delusional galit. Some reasons for thinking Ssael / Murkoph could be a galit is that Lady Lady Ilganyag compared how crude Murkoph was compared to Duane (as you mentioned) and it would explain how Ssael could have been able to write about being in the khert and people outside the khert would have access to his writings. And just imagine Duane learning about it. :smallbiggrin:

So she entered the Khert to look for Murkoph?
I wonder if this is what panel 1 here actually means. http://www.casualvillain.com/Unsounded/comic/ch10/ch10_72.html

I also wonder if she is the only senet beast down there, if she really is one as Duane said. They have nothing to fear from the Khert.

I think "abandoned here" means that she was already there. My guess is that she was in love with Ssael and thinks that Ssael was turned into Murkoph (made evil and weaker), which left her abandoned without her lover.

I thought the weird creatures were senet beasts. :smallconfused:

Welf
2016-10-30, 01:08 PM
New comic.

In which Murkoph and titty bird talk. And many things are revealed.

I'm still confused a month later. But I really hope she doesn't lay an egg.

-D-
2016-10-30, 03:50 PM
I'm still confused a month later. But I really hope she doesn't lay an egg.
It's obvious Murkoph is the love titty bird talked about. He was changed somehow into what he is now. It's possible he is a Senet beast, that was transformed into a man-like creature

-D-
2016-11-01, 07:15 AM
Shameless bump.

First part of Duane's journey from Durulyne to Sharteshane is on Patreon. Enjoy.

Chromascope3D
2017-01-06, 10:34 AM
Gentle reminder that this returns on Monday. It's been a hard wait :smallbiggrin:

-D-
2017-01-06, 02:20 PM
Gentle reminder that this returns on Monday. It's been a hard wait :smallbiggrin:

Waiting for Unsounded is never hard. I have other comics to fill up the slots. It's a bittersweet pain.

This chapter is all about Blacktongues and tittybirds.

-D-
2017-01-11, 01:36 AM
New comic.

That's what I call a dynamic entry.

Morty
2017-01-11, 10:50 AM
We're jumping straight into the middle of a pitched fight. And we get to see the top of the line constructs put to their proper use, instead of demolishing a town to hide someone's dirty laundry.

-D-
2017-01-11, 04:57 PM
For those wondering, the Ssaelit attackers are saying: "Is this tin construct, full of sluts*?".

Uflikh are a Valynian pear-shaped fruit popularly stewed and canned. Their silhouette is rather feminine, and so it’s become a naughty word for loose ladies

-D-
2017-01-13, 06:17 AM
New comic (http://www.casualvillain.com/Unsounded/comic/ch12/ch12_03.html).

In which much fight happens.

Morty
2017-01-13, 06:31 AM
The halberd-wielding Aldishman is wearing lion insignia, so he's probably Ssaelit. This might or might not be relevant, since I think the Aldish army is one of the areas where the Gefendur and Ssaelit actually cooperate.

-D-
2017-01-13, 06:51 AM
Are we hearing things from his perspective or did he sprak Crescian with pilots?

De von Of
2017-01-13, 02:22 PM
Are we hearing things from his perspective or did he sprak Crescian with pilots?

His speech bubble is shaped differently; that and considering the context probably means he speaks in aldish/from his perspective.

-D-
2017-01-13, 02:46 PM
His speech bubble is shaped differently; that and considering the context probably means he speaks in aldish/from his perspective.
Usually wavy bubbles means someone's voice is fading, like they are hurt or dying.

eschmenk
2017-01-15, 09:50 AM
The halberd-wielding Aldishman is wearing lion insignia, so he's probably Ssaelit. This might or might not be relevant, since I think the Aldish army is one of the areas where the Gefendur and Ssaelit actually cooperate.

My impression is that the lion symbol was a pretty generic symbol of authority. The Crecians seemed to use them, too (http://www.casualvillain.com/Unsounded/comic/ch10/ch10_75.html). The Gefendurs even used lions to kill Ssael, so if anything, I wouldn't think a Ssaelit would want to imitate one.

Gez
2017-01-15, 10:55 AM
My impression is that the lion symbol was a pretty generic symbol of authority. The Crecians seemed to use them, too (http://www.casualvillain.com/Unsounded/comic/ch10/ch10_75.html).
Looked like a dog to me. They ride dogs so it'd make sense.

The Gefendurs even used lions to kill Ssael, so if anything, I wouldn't think a Ssaelit would want to imitate one.

Romans used crucifixion to kill Jesus, and this doesn't stop Christians from using crosses as symbols. And I wouldn't be surprised if Ashley Cope used that as an inspiration for the Ssaelit use of lion symbolism.

eschmenk
2017-01-15, 11:55 AM
Looked like a dog to me. They ride dogs so it'd make sense.
Not really. Using work animals is not going to seem very impressive. In the RW, governments might use lions (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Royal_Arms_of_England) or eagles as symbols of authority; they wouldn't normally use horses. It is true that Cresce uses a wolf symbol for its military, but that didn't look like a wolf. But I agree the tail on the government symbol looks more like a dog's tail than a lion's tail, so I'm not sure. And the Kingdom of Rohan uses horses on their symbols in LotR.

Romans used crucifixion to kill Jesus, and this doesn't stop Christians from using crosses as symbols. And I wouldn't be surprised if Ashley Cope used that as an inspiration for the Ssaelit use of lion symbolism.

I'd say the claw marks are a closer analogy to the cross than the lion symbol.

Morty
2017-01-15, 12:31 PM
Ssaelit do use lions in their imagery, and the Gefendur hunted the lions down because of that. The Ssaelit half of the Aldish army is called Lions of Mercy. (http://www.casualvillain.com/Unsounded/comic/ch07/ch07_71.html)

eschmenk
2017-01-15, 01:45 PM
Ssaelit do use lions in their imagery, and the Gefendur hunted the lions down because of that. The Ssaelit half of the Aldish army is called Lions of Mercy. (http://www.casualvillain.com/Unsounded/comic/ch07/ch07_71.html)

Huh. You're right. In the dialog there, they definitely were associating themselves with lions. :smalleek:
That seems very odd, though. By attacking as lions, they cast their enemies in the role of Ssael, which seems strange to me. Maybe the idea is the lions were the only things fierce enough to attack Ssael?

Jallorn
2017-01-15, 04:31 PM
Not really. Using work animals is not going to seem very impressive. In the RW, governments might use lions (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Royal_Arms_of_England) or eagles as symbols of authority; they wouldn't normally use horses. It is true that Cresce uses a wolf symbol for its military, but that didn't look like a wolf. But I agree the tail on the government symbol looks more like a dog's tail than a lion's tail, so I'm not sure. And the Kingdom of Rohan uses horses on their symbols in LotR.

Work animals have been used throughout history, identity with dogs, for instance, is not uncommon in pre-catholic irish history/mythology, and I'm fairly certain there's at least a handful of coats of arms with dogs on them (usually the more regal looking ones, like greyhounds)

-D-
2017-01-16, 05:57 AM
New comic (http://www.casualvillain.com/Unsounded/comic/ch12/ch12_04.html).

In which, a Bastion returns to a scene of battle.

Welf
2017-01-16, 02:34 PM
I think Elan's body was annihilated by a core leach (http://www.casualvillain.com/Unsounded/comic/ch11/ch11_59.html). Or so I read the scene.
Seems Bastion has a few regrets.

Morty
2017-01-16, 05:38 PM
Elan's body was core leeched, yes. Either out of spite or to hide the evidence. It didn't work on the pymaric that kept his heart beating, though. Can't core leech First Materials.

eschmenk
2017-01-17, 09:27 AM
Elan's body was core leeched, yes. Either out of spite or to hide the evidence. It didn't work on the pymaric that kept his heart beating, though. Can't core leech First Materials.

I think it was merely out of spite and contempt. They thought he didn't deserve to exist, probably for resorting to black tongue magic as much as for being a traitor.

I think Hetr is so full of himself and his cause that he doesn't see what he's doing as being at all criminal. The thought of trying to hide it wouldn't make any sense to him. He had merely been doing his patriotic duty, after all, and he has General Bell to back him up. Hetr talked about Toma's wife claiming Toma's body (http://www.casualvillain.com/Unsounded/comic/ch11/ch11_79.html), so he's apparently not afraid of people finding bodies. He left lots of bodies around and plenty of damage. Hetr was killing everyone in the town because he wanted everyone dead, not because he was afraid that they would report what happened. The story will be that the town was thoroughly corrupt and needed to be purged, so that's what he did.

Elka confirmed that Elan was core leached (http://www.casualvillain.com/Unsounded/comic/ch11/ch11_68.html), so there isn't any doubt about that. Bastion is the person who made Elan's pymaric, which he no doubt recognizes. Bastion is going to assume that having Elan stay and help Sette move Duane across the border (or maybe doing something else that Bastion wanted) is what led to Elan being core leached, so Bastion is going to feel some guilt for that.

-D-
2017-01-18, 06:21 AM
New comic. (http://www.casualvillain.com/Unsounded/comic/ch12/ch12_05.html)

It seems Bastion has a heart, even if small and unused.

Kantaki
2017-01-18, 01:35 PM
Everything dies Winalis. And I kinda agree with Timofey there*, dying in the sun sounds better than dying while hiding in the shadows.
Besides, you don't die because your Body is ripped apart by magic. Or something along those lines...

I guess the "I didn't know he would do this" on the last page referred to Elan.

*Maybe with less enthusiasm. Definitely less flowery.:smallbiggrin:

eschmenk
2017-01-18, 02:04 PM
On her tumblr (http://unsoundedcomic.tumblr.com/post/156038460485/what-does-ssaemalin-mean-from-todays-comic), Ashley said that Ssaemalin means, "Little Light. Bastion’s nickname for Timofey." It sounded worse than that in my ears.

New comic. (http://www.casualvillain.com/Unsounded/comic/ch12/ch12_05.html)

It seems Bastion has a heart, even if small and unused.

Yes he does and it's not unused, though. It's true that he's also incredibly self-centered and he has a lot of tunnel-vision, but he's trying to figure out the secret to immortality for everyone's benefit, not just his own. I don't think his reaction on this page is at all surprising. He's doing what I said he would do, after all, even though that wasn't intended to be a prediction for this page. (Well, technically, he was trying to find a way to rationalize that it wasn't his fault, but his guilt was driving him to do that.) The quote I'm referring to:

Bastion is going to assume that having Elan stay and help Sette move Duane across the border (or maybe doing something else that Bastion wanted) is what led to Elan being core leached, so Bastion is going to feel some guilt for that.

I guess the "I didn't know he would do this" on the last page referred to Elan.

I don't think so. He seemed to be talking about the general destruction and Elan didn't core-leach himself, so it wouldn't quite fit. I think it took a while for Bastion's thoughts about Elan to coalesce and he only started talking about Elan after talking about other things first.

AdmiralCheez
2017-01-18, 04:22 PM
So that silver thing that he picks up... with all the sharp spike tips. Was that supposed to be helping Elan's heart? That looks painful.

Morty
2017-01-18, 05:02 PM
That's the device Delicieu used to keep his heart beating, yeah. I guess it'd be undamaged by the pymaric attack that smashed his chest in, since it's from a First Material.

eschmenk
2017-01-18, 05:34 PM
That's the device Delicieu used to keep his heart beating, yeah. I guess it'd be undamaged by the pymaric attack that smashed his chest in, since it's from a First Material.

I think it could have been smashed by the ground, but it just wasn't. The rest of Elan was probably squishy enough to absorb the impact. I think that since the pymary was cast on the ground, it made it OK.

Morty
2017-01-18, 05:46 PM
Maybe it was. I'm not entirely clear on how it works.

Yuki Akuma
2017-01-18, 08:02 PM
Normal physics work on first materials - if you smash a lump of First Gold with a hammer, it'll deform just fine, you can dig First Soil with a regular shovel, etc.

-D-
2017-01-18, 08:42 PM
Was that supposed to be helping Elan's heart? That looks painful.
Yes. It extracts something from living beings and channels into Elan. Probably heart movement.

As for it being crushed, wasn't he like stuck beneath a rock. Even pymary levitated rock can crush First material.

eschmenk
2017-01-18, 09:48 PM
As for it being crushed, wasn't he like stuck beneath a rock. Even pymary levitated rock can crush First material.

It wasn't quite that indirect. Elan was hit by multiple spikes of earth coming out of the ground. It was probably a matter of expanding the ground in the direction of Elan. Come to think of it, Anadyne applied a "pointy piercing aspect" to the floor of the warehouse and it damaged Uaid's leg (http://www.casualvillain.com/Unsounded/comic/ch06/ch06_73.html), which was first material.

-D-
2017-01-18, 09:56 PM
It wasn't quite that indirect. Elan was hit by multiple spikes of earth coming out of the ground.
In the chest, iirc? That is enough to break it.

eschmenk
2017-01-18, 10:16 PM
In the chest, iirc? That is enough to break it.

Maybe, but it would depend on how good of cushion Elan's body was. I'm not sure why you would think it was broken, assuming you do. (You seem to be trying to explain why it was crushed, so apparently so?.) Bastion threw it away, but he couldn't have taken it with him any more than he could take clothing with him, AFAIK.

None of us were assuming it was broken. It was just a hypothetical that it could have been damaged, but it didn't particularly look as if it had been. I think the general consensus was that yes, it was possible to damage first materials by applying pymary to something else that damages them.

I edited my previous post to add what Anadyne had done. Unfortunately, your reply appeared first.

-D-
2017-01-19, 05:03 AM
Oh, I guess then there is no need to argue.

Though I would think that Bastion would keep the first material. Guess it's a shameful memento.

Yuki Akuma
2017-01-19, 05:21 AM
Oh, I guess then there is no need to argue.

Though I would think that Bastion would keep the first material. Guess it's a shameful memento.

He can't bring stuff with him when he teleports, except for the torc for whatever reason.

-D-
2017-01-20, 01:29 AM
Fair point.

Also, new page. We visit Sonorie's place. It's pretty.

-D-
2017-01-23, 08:03 AM
New page.

I assume that guy is the villain.

Morty
2017-01-23, 08:08 AM
He looks more like a bureaucrat to me.

eschmenk
2017-01-24, 09:35 AM
So Bell's and Hetr's spin on what happened in Ethelmik is out. It was the Alds who attacked! Toma was killed while heroically defending the town. :smallbiggrin:

Ethelmik is far away from the border with Alderode. That seems like it would be hard to swallow. Then again, the Alds reached the River Jarla, which flows past Ethelmik to the west, so it may not seem all that unlikely.

New page.

I assume that guy is the villain.

IDK. He's being awfully obvious about it if he's loyal to Bell. He may just be a mouthpiece for those who think what Bell thinks so Sonorie can explain why she thinks what she thinks. :smallconfused:

It's a little surprising that Sonorie hasn't done more against Bell or the Aldish invasion. He makes it clear that Sonorie isn't just surrounded by sycophants that are telling her that everything is OK. Apparently, she's just stubborn and convinced that she's right. Maybe she knows something that hasn't been revealed yet.

He looks more like a bureaucrat to me.

Yes, but he was called "Lord Ufal" on the previous page, so he's apparently some sort of noble. He's apparently powerful enough that he can get away with criticizing Sonorie. On the current page, he said, "My speech is ready for your perusal." That seems to indicate that he intends to give the speech, but needs approval from Sonorie first, rather than just being her speechwriter. Perhaps he could be something like her spokesperson, but if so it would be odd that he has such a different viewpoint.

Morty
2017-01-25, 07:09 PM
A high-ranking bureaucrat is still a bureaucrat, but fair enough. What I meant is that he doesn't look directly antagonistic to me.

As far as the Aldish story goes... well, Alderode has unique access to flying beasts. Deep-strikes into the Crescian interior aren't entirely impossible, especially if they had someone on the inside. This might be just plausible enough for the public to swallow it, especially given Alderode's status as enemy number one. Crescians are taught Aldish are out for their blood, so it won't take much to convince them.

Marcelinari
2017-01-26, 01:50 PM
My interpretation was that Hetr has just ascribed the actions of the Red Berry Boys to Aldish militants. Or mybe even that the RBBs were working on behalf of the Alds all along? Basically, that the Aldish attack was accidental, because their silver-weapon detonated prematurely, before it could be smuggled somewhere strategically significant. There was no actual Aldish invasion or real battle in the town, only the silver-weapon.

eschmenk
2017-01-26, 05:45 PM
My interpretation was that Hetr has just ascribed the actions of the Red Berry Boys to Aldish militants. Or mybe even that the RBBs were working on behalf of the Alds all along? Basically, that the Aldish attack was accidental, because their silver-weapon detonated prematurely, before it could be smuggled somewhere strategically significant. There was no actual Aldish invasion or real battle in the town, only the silver-weapon.

Yes, it was the servant, not Hetr (nor Ufal), who said, "...the Alds attacked that poor town," and even there "Alds" could have meant just a couple of them. Hetr's report apparently said something different, anyway. The local miners were supposedly helping the Aldish smugglers, so the smugglers wouldn't have had any reason to attack the town. However, the device malfunctioned and detonated, leveling the town and killing the inhabitants, but without completely destroying itself or making Quigley's body unrecognizable or otherwise destroying too much evidence for Hetr to be able to piece together exactly what had happened. :smallsmile:

But yes, I read too much into what the servant said and didn't notice that Hetr's report was different. One of the things that confused me was that there was already an inquiry into treason on the part of the miners. I interpreted that as meaning that the government was already aware of what was in Hetr's report, so I expected that what the servant said would be consistent with it. However, the inquiry could have been unrelated, or maybe Bell initially reported that there were reports of treason to explain why Hetr was turning back rather than marching to the capital. (Elka had apparently sent her first message from the constabulary office soon after she and Toma learned that local cops were corrupt.) Then people would have learned bits and pieces, including rumors as well as "preliminary information" from Bell, then finally Hetr's official report. So yeah, people could have already reached conclusions that were different than what Hetr's report said.

Morty
2017-01-27, 06:24 AM
The queen isn't particularly eager to blame it all on the Aldish, like Bell and others would like her to. And now we meet her Aldish husband. Duane's not the only Aldishman with an appreciation for flowery speech. Her subjects aren't terribly please with him, either.

eschmenk
2017-01-27, 02:24 PM
Elka: "...but you know Her Majesty is a soft touch for handsome Aldish defectors." (http://www.casualvillain.com/Unsounded/comic/ch06/ch06_13.html) :smallsmile:

Morty
2017-01-30, 11:38 AM
It sure looks like the Queen is the only person in the palace who actually likes Roger. Just why did she marry him?

Kantaki
2017-01-30, 11:46 AM
Poor Lord Ufal...:smallbiggrin:

And is that a flower pattern on the dog?:smallconfused:
Interesting. I wonder if it is natural.

-D-
2017-01-30, 01:15 PM
And is that a flower pattern on the dog?:smallconfused:
Interesting. I wonder if it is natural.
It's completely pymaric. She said somewhere... Can't find source.

Plus note that only mother with collar is floral patterned.

Kantaki
2017-01-30, 02:33 PM
It's completely pymaric. She said somewhere... Can't find source.

Plus note that only mother with collar is floral patterned.

Well, the fur colour/pattern could change as they grow up, but I guess some „unnatural” effect is more likely.
My first thought was tattoo, but I guess a pymaric would be easier. And less painful.:smallamused: For the guy who had to apply it I mean. Although Flora would prefer magic too I would wager.

-D-
2017-01-30, 02:41 PM
Well, the fur colour/pattern could change as they grow up, but I guess some „unnatural” effect is more likely.
My first thought was tattoo, but I guess a pymaric would be easier. And less painful.:smallamused: For the guy who had to apply it I mean. Although Flora would prefer magic too I would wager.
Here is the link.

http://unsoundedcomic.tumblr.com/post/156264879525/are-those-hounds-artificially-colored-im#notes

Kantaki
2017-01-30, 02:52 PM
Here is the link.

http://unsoundedcomic.tumblr.com/post/156264879525/are-those-hounds-artificially-colored-im#notes

Ah, yes. Makes sense.
Kinda a shame through. Riding dogs being specifically bred with a floral (or any other) pattern would be kinda cool.
Well, cooler. We are talking about riding dogs after all. I'm actually more of a cat-person, but riding cats seem to like a terrible idea. Like cloning dinosaurs.:smallbiggrin:

John Campbell
2017-02-01, 01:56 AM
Ah, yes. Makes sense.
Kinda a shame through. Riding dogs being specifically bred with a floral (or any other) pattern would be kinda cool.
Well, cooler. We are talking about riding dogs after all. I'm actually more of a cat-person, but riding cats seem to like a terrible idea. Like cloning dinosaurs.:smallbiggrin:
Yes, everyone knows that you clone cats (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CC_(cat)) and ride dinosaurs (http://sharpwriter.deviantart.com/art/Ronald-Reagan-Riding-a-Velociraptor-312025579).

Chromascope3D
2017-02-01, 11:16 AM
After 3 years we finally get a title drop. And even in context I still can't figure out what it means. :P

NEO|Phyte
2017-02-01, 11:39 AM
After 3 years we finally get a title drop. And even in context I still can't figure out what it means. :P

We had a title drop back before the nevergreen got Silver'd, when Duane was reading the book of Ssael (http://www.casualvillain.com/Unsounded/comic/ch09/ch09_37.html).

As for its meaning, context leans me towards its nautical usage.

eschmenk
2017-02-01, 01:07 PM
We had a title drop back before the nevergreen got Silver'd, when Duane was reading the book of Ssael (http://www.casualvillain.com/Unsounded/comic/ch09/ch09_37.html).

Yet I really can't blame any readers or prostitutes for not remembering that one. :smallbiggrin: (I didn't.)

I'm leaning toward it being metaphorical, though. Didn't Duane or someone talk about sounding the Kert? If the Kert is believed to be what separates man from the gods, perhaps it refers to the Kert?

Lethologica
2017-02-01, 06:19 PM
I'm leaning toward it being metaphorical, though. Didn't Duane or someone talk about sounding the Kert? If the Kert is believed to be what separates man from the gods, perhaps it refers to the Kert?
I think this is surely the case; the 'great unsounded' directly parallels the 'undiscovered country'. The khert is what claims people after death. Death is the gods' crime, and Ssael intends to spite them. (Interesting that both Gefendur and Ssaelit use the term.)

Welf
2017-02-02, 01:30 PM
Yet I really can't blame any readers or prostitutes for not remembering that one. :smallbiggrin: (I didn't.)

Especially since these hookers were brutally murdered the next day by a demon of suffering and insanity and their souls and memories dissolved in the khert. That was distracting for all of us.

-D-
2017-02-03, 05:13 AM
New comic (http://www.casualvillain.com/Unsounded/comic/ch12/ch12_12.html).

In which we meet Lady Toma and Chea Toma.

Zwums
2017-02-03, 08:07 AM

This is totally it. It refers to the deepest unknown depths of the khert where a soul may fall through the latticing of the world and find the Gods.

I think Ashley was inspired by that term due to her love of Herman Melville.

Also, what in the world is on Lady Toma's head?

Morty
2017-02-03, 10:41 AM
The hairdos of Crescian aristocracy get really weird. But this... looks like one of those lizards Kasalynians keep like we keep cats. So, extra weird.

Poor Chea. The Toma house looks awfully empty in those few panels.

Also, the Queen is on really thin ice with some people. If the plot against her goes into the open, she might find herself with little popular support.

eschmenk
2017-02-08, 09:20 AM
New comic (http://www.casualvillain.com/Unsounded/ch12-p13/)

Have we seen Aldish dogs before?

Morty
2017-02-13, 08:55 AM
I wonder if this run-in with a plod-creating Black Tongue had anything to do with Duane's eventual fate.

-D-
2017-02-13, 09:29 AM
I wonder if this run-in with a plod-creating Black Tongue had anything to do with Duane's eventual fate.
I'm more convinced it had to do with Bodie, than BT. They aren't strong enough. But time will tell.

Morty
2017-02-13, 07:56 PM
I didn't mean in the immediate sense. But here Duane fights a Black Tongue who created plods. A year later (according to Ashley's tumblr), another Black Tongue turns him into a unique (as far as we know), self-aware plod. That doesn't look like pure coincidence. Even if we still don't know who hired Winalils do to it.

Morty
2017-02-16, 02:05 PM
Is it just me, or does the comic title get dropped more frequently nowadays? Usually in context of "sounding the unsounded".

-D-
2017-02-16, 03:51 PM
Is it just me, or does the comic title get dropped more frequently nowadays? Usually in context of "sounding the unsounded".
It's getting less unsounded :P

Not sure why, maybe people complain they don't know what it means.

Kantaki
2017-02-16, 03:57 PM

Maybe?
Isn't it some quote from one of the in-universe philosophies/religions regarding the Khert?
Quite possible the creepy, soul-digesting, dreamscape space gets (more) important in the near future.

I'm more concerned about Duane turning more... present-Duane-ish.
Khert-dream stuff? Or something the Lady-bird worshipper is doing to accomplish whatever Lady-bird worshippers want to accomplish by casting weird „you in five years” spells?
(I guess the former. Those tentacle-vines look rather kherty.)

Morty
2017-02-16, 04:20 PM
Pretty sure it's a dream sequence turning ugly.

As for as "the Great Unsounded" goes - it's what people call the khert. "Sound the Great Unsounded" is a quote from the Ssaelit scripture.

eschmenk
2017-02-17, 12:32 PM
Wednesday's page comment (http://www.casualvillain.com/Unsounded/ch12-p16/)
Okay, maybe this part didn't actually happen. But the rest was spot on!

I take that seriously. I think Duane's dreams start off historically accurate and then diverge from what really happened. This and the previous one diverged even more until Duane completely escaped from it.

Morty
2017-02-17, 06:30 PM
I wonder what Lady Tittybird will try to teach Duane this time around.

eschmenk
2017-02-17, 07:19 PM
I wonder what Lady Tittybird will try to teach Duane this time around.

Not that it's that good of an answer, but her specific promise to Duane was that together they would find meaning this time (http://www.casualvillain.com/Unsounded/comic/ch10/ch10_92.html).

I wonder if she has a plan or if she is just reacting to things. I don't think she has all that much power and I'm not sure how much knowledge she has. She apparently realizes that she can't pound information into Duane's thick skull, so it would make some sense that she would manipulate him to learn the things she would want him to know, but I'm not sure she is being all that manipulative. She seems to be a fairly passive guide, as far as I can tell.

TLDR: I don't know if she has anything specific to try to teach him or not.

Of course, she will continue to point out that Ssael and the other gods didn't really exist--not as gods, at least--but I don't think she expects Duane to accept that anytime soon. I wouldn't be surprised if we learn more about the black tongues, though.

Morty
2017-02-19, 09:25 AM
I feel like she does have a specific goal in mind. She's stuck in the khert, but she was able to direct the Black Tongues, until recently (whether she can't or won't now is a good question). That said, she's probably not the only one with a plan in this finely unfolding mess.

Jallorn
2017-02-24, 01:32 AM
New page. Lovely visuals. What exactly is it that Duane finds so ugly about the Crescian philosophy? Like specifically what Duane objects to.

-D-
2017-02-24, 03:17 AM
New page. Lovely visuals. What exactly is it that Duane finds so ugly about the Crescian philosophy? Like specifically what Duane objects to.
Cannibalism.

Jallorn
2017-02-24, 04:06 AM
Cannibalism.

Wait, that's a thing they do?

-D-
2017-02-24, 04:24 AM
Wait, that's a thing they do?
Yup. Crescian or Gefendur priests keep pairs of identical twins in special isolated covenants. For major celebrations, they take a pair, get them drugged, then slice one's throat and drink and eat magical drugged flesh and blood.
As seen here:
http://www.casualvillain.com/Unsounded/comic/ch07/ch07_33.html

Also, keep in mind Alderode has heavy propaganda against Cresce. One had planned economy, other is cast based, gender roled society.

Morty
2017-02-24, 05:01 AM
Duane mentioned philosophy, not religion. So he's probably talking about the Crescian ideal of the state providing for all, as long as they do their part. He ranted about it back in the Nevergeeen, and almost started a fight.

So, Lady Tittybird is really a senet beast. Unless she's lying, but I don't think she is. The part that gets me curious is growing humans and lizardfolk "from the teeming seas". Khert doesn't reach the sea, and the Ssaelit consider it impure. I don't think this is a coincidence.

-D-
2017-02-24, 05:55 AM
Duane mentioned philosophy, not religion. So he's probably talking about the Crescian ideal of the state providing for all, as long as they do their part. He ranted about it back in the Nevergeeen, and almost started a fight.
You mean Jallorn? I thought he meant what Duane has against Gefendur. I mix those two a lot.

Cresce believes in GREATER GOOD and equality, but you are somewhat limited in your personal choices. Queen wants to turn your flower garden into a barrack, tough luck. Cresce is more free about gender roles.
Alderode is more individual, but you are limited by your caste and gender. Want to be a female wright. Go back to the kitchen.

So, Lady Tittybird is really a senet beast. Unless she's lying, but I don't think she is. The part that gets me curious is growing humans and lizardfolk "from the teeming seas". Khert doesn't reach the sea, and the Ssaelit consider it impure. I don't think this is a coincidence.
Could be, or it could just be coincidence and the seas she meant are just some biomass large as a sea.

eschmenk
2017-02-24, 01:40 PM

Yes, I think it was specifically that. Duane even blamed the philosophy for Hetr's ruthlessness (http://www.casualvillain.com/Unsounded/comic/ch11/ch11_64.html), so he probably blames it for a lot of Crecian acts.

I don't think she's lying either. It somewhat gives more credence to the idea that the twin gods really existed, although only somewhat since even she needs to rely on the stories rather than actual memories.

Perhaps the humans and lizards and other finite beings (normal animals and plants) weren't supposed to have any access to the kert? Humans didn't have any access to pymary until the Tains somehow figured it out and humans don't think the lizards have any access to it, even though Delicieu obviously does.

Kantaki
2017-03-09, 12:38 PM
Lady Ilganyag hitting on Duanne never gets old.:smallbiggrin:

And I think we have heard the bit about the Blacktongues being/ having been philanthopists before.
But I have to wonder: did their Lady leave them because that changed or the other way around.

eschmenk
2017-03-09, 02:27 PM
And I think we have heard the bit about the Blacktongues being/ having been philanthopists before.
But I have to wonder: did their Lady leave them because that changed or the other way around.

I doubt it's that simple, but otherwise that's a good question.

Kantaki
2017-03-09, 02:48 PM
I doubt it's that simple, but otherwise that's a good question.

Well, the answer could always be "Yes".:smallbiggrin:

eschmenk
2017-03-09, 02:55 PM
Well, the answer could always be "Yes".:smallbiggrin:

...or, "No." :smalltongue:

-D-
2017-03-09, 03:37 PM
Lady Ilganyag hitting on Duanne never gets old.:smallbiggrin:

I suspect, that:

A) Lady isn't as philantropic as she makes herself to be
1. Lizard said "The old god will take care of him (http://www.casualvillain.com/Unsounded/comic/ch10/ch10_139.html)". Now, lizard could be lying. But, there is always a bit of doubt about Winalis' affiliations.
2. She is working on "freeing" Murkoph. Murkoph is a person who literally eats babies.

B) Blacktongues are working towards becoming some kind of independent nation or organization, within one of the nations -OR- They realize Lady is somewhat deceiving them.

------

PS. Updates tomorrow, when Ashley returns from ECCC.

NEO|Phyte
2017-03-09, 08:31 PM
I suspect, that:

A) Lady isn't as philantropic as she makes herself to be
2. She is working on "freeing" Murkoph. Murkoph is a person who literally eats babies.

Unless I really misread things, said babyeater is what she is trying to free the true Murkoph from.

Kantaki
2017-03-10, 09:45 AM
New comics.

Well Quigley, if I didn't know better I would say your son is angry at you about something.
Some acts a idealistic person might consider wrong or villainous maybe?:smalltongue:

And it seems the lady bird is still trying to flirt with/seduce Duanne. In the (one of the) most disturbing way available.
Also, that scene change looked creepy.:smalleek:
Giant hands out of nowhere, one of them holding a Duanne sized Quigley doll.

eschmenk
2017-03-10, 02:18 PM
Well, I'm glad that both pages were provided. I definitely would have been wondering what the first page meant and none of my ideas would have been even close.

Assuming what Lady Ilganyag said is true (a big assumption), we also now know that the Great Unsounded isn't the khert--it's beyond the khert--and it's apparently the equivalent of heaven. Also, Ssael did in fact kill the Gefendur gods, if Lady Ilganyag was telling the truth. But she admits to not having been there, so maybe she doesn't know, either.

Well Quigley, if I didn't know better I would say your son is angry at you about something.
Some acts a idealistic person might consider wrong or villainous maybe?:smalltongue:

I wouldn't say "angry." I think he's resigned. His father isn't a hero, so he'll find someone else to look up to.

Kantaki
2017-03-10, 02:41 PM
I wouldn't say "angry." I think he's resigned. His father isn't a hero, so he'll find someone else to look up to.

Disappointed maybe?
Either way, he didn't like what his father did and won't let him live it down to soon.

The main reason I used „angry” is that it looked as if deliberately played in such a way his father would notice- and turned it up a notch after he reacted.

Ibrinar
2017-03-13, 09:57 AM
You think you could beat a little girl in a fight, Quigley? I must have been underestimating you! Well she is dangerous for her size but still quite funny that he went with that reply.

eschmenk
2017-03-13, 10:46 AM
You think you could beat a little girl in a fight, Quigley? I must have been underestimating you! Well she is dangerous for her size but still quite funny that he went with that reply.

Well, the shot he made at Duane (behind his back) on the previous page was pretty funny, too. I'm not sure which person in that conversation is the more mature one. :smallbiggrin:

Kantaki
2017-03-13, 11:41 AM
Well, Quigley is doomed.:smalleek:

He basically said "Eh I can take her".
That's one of the worst things you can say ever.
Right up there with gems like "What is the worst thing that could happen?" or "What could possibly go wrong?"
You just don't say stuff like that.:smallamused:

John Campbell
2017-03-13, 10:20 PM
Well, Quigley is doomed.:smalleek:

He basically said "Eh I can take her".
That's one of the worst things you can say ever.
Right up there with gems like "What is the worst thing that could happen?" or "What could possibly go wrong?"
You just don't say stuff like that.:smallamused:

At least Sette isn't Skitter.

Kantaki
2017-03-14, 01:57 AM
At least Sette isn't Skitter.

Small mercy.
That only means he will know what hit him when he dies screaming.:smallamused::smalltongue:

Morty
2017-03-17, 04:18 AM
Jivi's a good kid, but "all Alds are evil bastards, except for this one I know and like" isn't his proudest moment.

Kantaki
2017-03-17, 11:40 AM
Well, Sette might not be Skitter, but she definitely knows how to pose.
Lounging on a hand certainly helps, but she did look intimidating.
Almost like a real crime lord lady.
Well, that was the last comic. Today she's back to little streetrat with big ambitions.
I would make a joke about wearing too large shoes, but...
well, she's barefoot.

And stealing something is working for it.:smallamused:
Chaotic alignment in a nutshell.:smallbiggrin:

Morty
2017-03-22, 05:58 AM
My hands hurt just looking at this guy.

Also, "now is not the hour for petty told-you-so... but I totally did tell her so".

-D-
2017-03-22, 09:59 AM
My hands hurt just looking at this guy.

Also, "now is not the hour for petty told-you-so... but I totally did tell her so".
Apparently, Ashley thinks he isn't that bad. He wants to put an end to Alderode/Crescian war by using silver weapon to stop fighting.

In essence he wants to sacrifice a few soldiers, to prevent future deaths, at expense of the Alds.

Kantaki
2017-03-22, 11:13 AM
Previous comic
Duane is in a rhyming mood it seems.
And Sette speaks true.

New comic
Those hands...:smalleek: Hands shouldn't look that way.:smalleek:

And his face isn't much better.
Nor his mind for that matter.:smallamused:
„Boom”:smallbiggrin:

But seriously, why does take Bell the Event Horizon* reject to visit Toma’s wife?
That doesn't exactly say „friendly visit”

*„Where we are going you won't need hands”:smallamused:

Morty
2017-03-22, 03:37 PM
Apparently, Ashley thinks he isn't that bad. He wants to put an end to Alderode/Crescian war by using silver weapon to stop fighting.

In essence he wants to sacrifice a few soldiers, to prevent future deaths, at expense of the Alds.

I know he has his reasons for what he's doing. But the "I won't say 'I told you so' but I did tell her so" double-speak was amusing regardless of his plans, or reasons behind them. General Bell knows how to play this game.

eschmenk
2017-03-22, 06:39 PM
I know he has his reasons for what he's doing. But the "I won't say 'I told you so' but I did tell her so" double-speak was amusing regardless of his plans, or reasons behind them. General Bell knows how to play this game.

Yeah, I understood what you meant, anyway. In addition to what you pointed out, there was also his holier-than-thou general criticism of the "leeches" in the press--who he was using for his own purposes, anyway. Politics apparently worked pretty much the same back then as it does now.

I'm wondering about the term "press" though. Do they actually use regular printing presses? Why would they be called that if they don't? I could imagine machines with huge numbers of pymaric pens churning out papers, but I guess not.

Morty
2017-03-23, 03:37 PM
Duane's father was a printer, and we see people with pretty modern-looking newspapers. So it seems the printing press does exist in Kassalyne. But scribes like Duane still operate, in Shartreshane at least, for personal documentation and correspondence.

eschmenk
2017-03-24, 04:44 PM
"Exhausting, I'm sure."

*snerk*

So what does General Bell want with Karl? What do they have to do with each other?

Duane's father was a printer, and we see people with pretty modern-looking newspapers. So it seems the printing press does exist in Kassalyne. But scribes like Duane still operate, in Shartreshane at least, for personal documentation and correspondence.

Yes, I remember Quigley reading one just before they got to Ethelmik. I guess some things still need to be mundane. There are a lot of people who still have to do things pretty much manually.

-D-
2017-03-25, 02:55 AM
"Exhausting, I'm sure."

*snerk*

So what does General Bell want with Karl? What do they have to do with each other?

I am beginning​ to like Bell. He has snark.

Karl was the guy that got rid of corpse Bell core leeched, no?

Morty
2017-03-25, 08:37 AM
He was, yes. That means he's pretty deeply involved in Bell's conspiracy.

On a side-note, Alderode is probably a nastier place to live than Cresce, on the whole, but at least the Aldish have a sense of style. Good gods.

eschmenk
2017-03-25, 10:06 AM
Karl was the guy that got rid of corpse Bell core leeched, no?

Well, actually, it was Karl who did the core leeching to get rid of the corpse for Bell, but otherwise, yes. I didn't recognize him. BTW, Jack is wearing the hair decoration he took from the clerk's body on his hat now. I think that was supposed to be the confirming clue that they were the same person.

Morty
2017-03-27, 05:25 AM
The General's expression in the last panel isn't one that belongs to an entirely stable person.

I'm curious what he means about Alderode being "precarious". Just what has happened in the six years after Duane left? More friction between the Aldish and the Gefendur, most likely. And the Weeping Plague is still going.

eschmenk
2017-03-27, 07:40 AM
I'm curious what he means about Alderode being "precarious". Just what has happened in the six years after Duane left? More friction between the Aldish and the Gefendur, most likely. And the Weeping Plague is still going.

I think you meant the Ssaelists and Gefendur? Yes, I assume that's it. The Ssaelists could be so desperate for help that they turned to General Bell. Winalils could be acting as a go-between. Or maybe he just talked Bell into it himself? There could be other Black Tongues involved as well.

Morty
2017-03-27, 08:30 AM
D'oh, yes. I meant Ssaelit, of course. If the Weeping Plague is still going, they're very likely desperate by now. But would General Bell deal with them? He comes across as religiously-motivated. Unless he's being deceived or persuaded into it.

eschmenk
2017-03-27, 09:07 AM
D'oh, yes. I meant Ssaelit, of course. If the Weeping Plague is still going, they're very likely desperate by now. But would General Bell deal with them? He comes across as religiously-motivated. Unless he's being deceived or persuaded into it.

I don't know if Bell is particularly religious. Yes, he's mouthing the state religion (out of habit? because he's very traditional?), but I don't know how fanatic he is about eliminating other religions. It seems that he's dealing with Black Tongues and he wants to use the Black Tongue weapon, but the Black Tongues aren't Gefendurs, either. He might simply view the Aldish state as the greater of the two evils, compared to Ssaelism. He might not care what the Ssaelists do, as long as they do it on their side of the boarder. Alternatively, he might intend to use them to help destroy the Aldish sate, then double-cross them once the Aldish state is weakened enough by the civil war. Who knows?

I think the way Bell said, "Forgive me," after murdering the clerk (http://www.casualvillain.com/Unsounded/comic/ch11/ch11_04.html) demonstrates that Bell is willing to do something that he considers to be evil, while rationalizing that he's preventing a greater evil. That could be how he would view dealing with the Ssaelists.

As Ashley said in her Tumblr (http://unsoundedcomic.tumblr.com/post/158692051095/i-despise-this-general-bell-war-mongering):

There’s a war on regardless. The General mostly disagrees with how the Queen is handling it, and believes he can do better by taking more extreme actions. In a sense, his heart’s in the right place. He cares deeply for his country’s armed forces, wants to end this incessant internecine warfare with Alderode, but it’s hard to root for him because he had no problem razing Ethelmik, no problem throwing Toma under the bus, no problem using kidnapped innocents to feed the Silver.

But at the same time, soldiers are already dying every day. Do you save future lives by sacrificing lives today? Someone has to make these decisions. He feels qualified to do it.

He might view dealing with Ssaelists as no more evil than the other stuff he's done. Also, as you pointed out regarding what he said to the press, he's perfectly willing to be a hypocrite. OTOH, it could be that Winalils isn't telling Bell that the Aldish rebels are Ssaelists. You would think that Bell would double-check what's going on via spys, though.

One interesting thing: Ashley said that Bell had "no problem using kidnapped innocents to feed the Silver," but in today's update he acts as if Keon just recently told him that it was powered by the dead. Bell might not be being completely honest to Karl, even. I guess that's not really a surprise.

One final addition (hopefully): Something else Ashley said made me look back at today's page and see something I hadn't noticed: Keon's spellcasting is making blood spurt from his hands. He's really getting into his casting. :smallbiggrin:

Morty
2017-03-29, 10:00 AM
Poor Chea. Her father's dead, and her mother's drunk. And her mother's new lover is now cheerfully planning treason inside their home. She looks really lonely in that last panel.

So, Yerta spoke to Bell. Is he making it up, or did he really hear something? I'm presuming the latter, since he seems confident enough in Karl not to tell him tall tales. So who did speak to him? I'm not ruling out its really being Yerta, but something tells me it's someone or something we've yet to see.

eschmenk
2017-03-29, 10:48 AM
Bell described the voice as "sibilant." I could easily imagine a lizard having a sibilant voice. The voice talked up Deliciou. Hmm. :smallbiggrin:

This does indicate that Bell is really religious; it's apparently not just an act.

Doran
2017-03-29, 11:22 AM
Poor Chea. Her father's dead, and her mother's drunk. And her mother's new lover is now cheerfully planning treason inside their home. She looks really lonely in that last panel.

Not just that, he admits he is manipulating her for the title, and plans to off her mother as soon as he can.

eschmenk
2017-03-29, 12:00 PM
Not just that, he admits he is manipulating her for the title, and plans to off her mother as soon as he can.

Yeah, you would almost think they weren't nice guys. And Chea's mother isn't so hot, either.

Morty
2017-03-29, 12:30 PM
Bell described the voice as "sibilant." I could easily imagine a lizard having a sibilant voice. The voice talked up Deliciou. Hmm. :smallbiggrin:

This does indicate that Bell is really religious; it's apparently not just an act.

I didn't really expect it to be an act, but it has been confirmed now.

I wonder how much of it she's heard and understood. Karl would probably keep up appearances of taking care of Chea if he pulled off his plan, but I wouldn't expect good things for her in such a situation.

eschmenk
2017-03-29, 06:02 PM
I wonder how much of it she's heard and understood. Karl would probably keep up appearances of taking care of Chea if he pulled off his plan, but I wouldn't expect good things for her in such a situation.

She might be better off than she is now. He'd probably be happy to give her up to her blood relatives if they want her. She's just being ignored by her mother anyway.

Lethologica
2017-03-29, 06:11 PM
She might be better off than she is now. He'd probably be happy to give her up to her blood relatives if they want her. She's just being ignored by her mother anyway.
Or he might do any of several much worse things, for caution or a power trip or a quick buck. If he doesn't, she still gets to grow up the daughter of a KIA father and murdered mother, and stepdaughter of the murderer. Between that and her status quo, I suspect most would take the status quo.

eschmenk
2017-03-29, 07:29 PM
Or he might do any of several much worse things, for caution or a power trip or a quick buck. If he doesn't, she still gets to grow up the daughter of a KIA father and murdered mother, and stepdaughter of the murderer. Between that and her status quo, I suspect most would take the status quo.

Well, yes, of course he might do horrible things if the plan comes to fruition. That doesn't mean Chea wouldn't be in danger from Jack or Bell even earlier than that, though. I could imagine her being used as a hostage if they find out Toma is alive, for example. Or she might be used as leverage against Emne before Emne is killed. Any way you look at it, it's easy to feel sorry for Chea.

And no, I don't think many people would want the evil plan to succeed, so yes, I agree that the status quo where the evil plan has not yet been successfully completed would probably be preferred by most people.

Lethologica
2017-03-29, 07:43 PM
'Now' was your chosen standard of comparison. I agree that there are alternative scenarios where this plan isn't followed that end badly or worse for Chea.

Morty
2017-04-10, 04:46 AM
Sette's weird anatomy continues to be sore spot for her. Probably more so, after the encounter with Starfish, may he rest in pieces. Fortunately, or unfortunately, everyone has something else to worry about now.

It's both adorable and sad to watch Duane try to be a prim and proper Aldish father to Sette.

Zea mays
2017-04-10, 12:32 PM
Sette's weird anatomy continues to be sore spot for her. Probably more so, after the encounter with Starfish, may he rest in pieces. Fortunately, or unfortunately, everyone has something else to worry about now.

It's both adorable and sad to watch Duane try to be a prim and proper Aldish father to Sette.

Has any bratty homunculus-construct ever been looked after by a sweeter trapped-in-a-decaying-corpse zombie dad?

-D-
2017-04-10, 01:58 PM
Starfish, may he rest in pieces. Fortunately, or unfortunately, everyone has something else to worry about now.

Wasn't he reused as Silvers next source? I fear we will see him, yet.

Morty
2017-04-17, 04:46 AM
I like how Sette recognized Duane's ranting as being worried for his brother. There's going to be some divisive opinions about this battle on Uaid, unless something happens to give them something more important to worry about.

guttering flame
2017-04-17, 09:49 AM
Was the battle over the Silver?