PDA

View Full Version : IotSFV

geekintheground
2016-07-23, 03:06 AM
is there a way to increase the uses per day of the Initiate of the Sevenfold Veil's warding ability?
i would think not, but theres some interesting stuff out there so i figured i'd ask

Emperor Tippy
2016-07-23, 03:39 AM
Not easily. There is no general "Extra Spell Like Ability" feat or similar.

Illithid Savant could do it. As could Fusion abuse but most people tend to frown on the use of either of those.

geekintheground
2016-07-23, 03:48 AM
hmmm.... i see... yeah, it would probably be pretty hard to get my DM to approve of either of those since we dont play w/ psionics and they dont allow monster pc's XD thanks for the info. im probably gonna have to work REALLY hard just to get the prc itself in rofl

Troacctid
2016-07-23, 03:58 AM
You could technically use the save-game trick with Forced Dream to undo uses of the ability.

MaxiDuRaritry
2016-07-23, 04:05 AM
If you can pick up warding as a racial (Sp), Magic in the Blood would do it, though you would still have to take it at 1st level. I'm thinking an ethereal doppelganger with Racial Emulation to qualify for MitB; use assume identity to assume the form of an IotSFV (so that it's a racial ability granted by emulating a class); now, since it's a racial spell-like ability, Magic in the Blood can be used for the wardings at 1/day; I imagine additional uses would stack.

Greater doppelganger works the same way, IIRC.

[edit] Alternatively, use greater metamorphosis (or Reserves of Strength on regular metamorphosis) and Assume Supernatural Ability to use the ethereal doppelganger's assume identity, and go for Magic in the Blood warding that way.

TiaC
2016-07-23, 04:08 AM
There's a method that works for the first two veils. Take Supernatural Transformation on your Warding. Then, take two levels of Squire of Legend (Reikhardt). Now, cast Body Outside Body. Each of your copies can give you another use of a extraordinary or supernatural ability normally usable only once per day. However, once you take level 3, your Warding no longer qualifies.

MaxiDuRaritry
2016-07-23, 04:10 AM
The SRD's action points system (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/adventuring/actionPoints.htm#activateClassAbility) works for wardings.

Thurbane
2016-07-23, 05:28 AM
Soul Eater 10 - but that's not going to be very useful in an IoTSV build.

Anthrowhale
2016-07-23, 09:42 PM
Use the feat 'Supernatural Transformation' to make it supernatural then use the spell 'Body Outside Body' to get a bunch of duplicates, each with a separate set of uses which are relevant to you in 'wall' or 'area' configurations.