PDA

View Full Version : DM Help Crown of White Ravens question

Kish
2016-07-24, 10:04 AM
Let me know if anything contradicts my understanding of this.

A crown of White Ravens, worn by a crusader, will grant the crusader knowledge of one White Raven maneuver. The crusader can then choose to ready that maneuver. It does not increase the number of maneuvers a crusader can ready or have granted; it only lets them add, e.g., Leading the Attack to their maneuvers known if it was not one they knew already.

A crown of White Ravens, worn by a swordsage, will grant the swordsage knowledge of one White Raven maneuver. The swordsage can then choose to ready that maneuver. It does not increase the number of maneuvers a swordsage can ready; it only lets them add, e.g., Leading the Attack to their maneuvers known.

A crown of White Ravens, worn by a warblade, will grant the warblade knowledge of one White Raven maneuver. The warblade can then choose to ready that maneuver. It does not increase the number of maneuvers a warblade can ready; it only lets them add, e.g., Leading the Attack to their maneuvers known if it was not one they knew already.

A crown of White Ravens, worn by someone with no ranks in a martial adept class, will grant that character knowledge of one White Raven maneuver and the ability to use it, once per encounter.

It will not grant a stance to anyone.

Emperor Tippy
2016-07-24, 10:17 AM
Let me know if anything contradicts my understanding of this.

A crown of White Ravens, worn by a crusader, will grant the crusader knowledge of one White Raven maneuver. The crusader can then choose to ready that maneuver. It does not increase the number of maneuvers a crusader can ready or have granted; it only lets them add, e.g., Leading the Attack to their maneuvers known if it was not one they knew already.

A crown of White Ravens, worn by a swordsage, will grant the swordsage knowledge of one White Raven maneuver. The swordsage can then choose to ready that maneuver. It does not increase the number of maneuvers a swordsage can ready; it only lets them add, e.g., Leading the Attack to their maneuvers known.

A crown of White Ravens, worn by a warblade, will grant the warblade knowledge of one White Raven maneuver. The warblade can then choose to ready that maneuver. It does not increase the number of maneuvers a warblade can ready; it only lets them add, e.g., Leading the Attack to their maneuvers known if it was not one they knew already.

A crown of White Ravens, worn by someone with no ranks in a martial adept class, will grant that character knowledge of one White Raven maneuver and the ability to use it, once per encounter.
All correct.

It will not grant a stance to anyone.
False. The rules are clear, stances are a subset of Maneuvers much like Arcane Spells are a subset of Spells. A Crown of the White Raven is fully capable of granting a character a Stance by the rules as written. Whether that was intended or not is much more debatable.