PDA

View Full Version : The Kingdom Of Sipotus

Gluteus_Maximus
2016-07-24, 01:06 PM
This is the city of Castleton, the capitol of the Kingdom Of Sipotus. As the name says, the city is a massive castle. Wizards' towers loom over the common residences, with the home of the king of the Kingdom, King Rhunar. He is constantly guarded by several paladins, known as the Silver Watch. Thieves' guilds checker the city, though one has reigned supreme for a long time now.

Each of you have been called to a tavern, on this 3rd day of Autumn, at 6:00 by a mysterious entity.
Several weeks ago, you found a note in a back alley. It stated for you to come to the Dwarvish Ferret Tavern. It also stated that you know the employer well, you have no need to go searching for them.
Several weeks ago, a child walked up to you and gave you a note. He said, "Mister, a big strong man gave me this note and told me to give it to the first big Dwarf I saw." He then ran away. The note read, "Dwarf friend, this mission concerns your homelands. I would suggest that you heed my words and come to the Dwarvish Ferret Tavern on the 3rd day of Autumn, lest your homelands are destroyed."
Several weeks ago, a man stuffed a note in your pocket as you walked by. You did not notice this until you went back to your house in Castleton that day. The note stated for you to come to the Dwarvish Ferret Tavern, on the 3rd day of Autumn.

Everyone, roll a d20. This determines who enters the tavern first. If you roll a natural 20, you enter the tavern 2d10 minutes early. If you roll a natural 1, you enter the tavern 3d10 minutes late. Also, state what you are going to do when you enter the Tavern.

Adrian Gecko
2016-07-24, 02:13 PM
Rolling initiative.

[roll0]

Alberich is going to be suspicious of this letter. Using a child as a go-between immediately suggests cowardice and deceit, and the vague threat the letter entails means that the writer wanted to intimidate him, not warn him of danger. If the dwarves of Hillton were truly in danger, anybody who knows how much dwarf society honors honesty and respect would openly address either the High Council of Dwarves or the Grand Temples, or at least one of the older families. Why would they send a message to an elderly priest like himself, one who had just joined the ranks of the warrior clerics? Why would they choose someone who was so low on the totem pole of the Church of Wevgyn? He couldn't be the only dwarven priest in Castleton, could he?

There are three possibilities for why whoever wrote this letter would give it to him:

1. The warning is genuine, but the messanger was ignorant of dwarven politics (understandable, considering how complex they are compared to one ruler making all the decisions for everyone), or too unsavory of character to deliver the warning before a political body and be taken seriously.

2. The warning is a lie to lure Alberich into a trap

3. The warning is a threat to force Alberich to do the bidding of the messenger.

Urzamax
2016-07-25, 01:14 AM
[roll0]

Castleton Thieves' Guild Rule 17: 'Never trust anyone who offers you a job.'
Rule 17, Codice 2, Line 5: 'Especially if you know them.'

Tev made certain to arrive well before the scheduled time, watching the tavern from across the street for over an hour, virtually motionless on the roof of an abandoned warehouse.
Nothing useful turns up, other than some potential blackmail material. No one he knows, definitely--which makes a certain amount of sense, since everyone he knows would follow Rule 18:
'When offering a job, never trust anyone you hire for it.'
At 5:59 the rogue sighs, stretches his cramped muscles, and heads into the tavern.
By the front door, for a nice change of pace.

Gluteus_Maximus
2016-07-25, 01:58 AM
When you enter the tavern, you are hit with a blast of noise. Bards are singing, dancing, and playing instruments. Gamblers are playing cards at a table in the center, where an elf has just lost a fortune. One table, in the back, has a sign that says "Reserved-6:00" on it. Dwarves line the bar, having a drinking competition.

A man approaches you at the door. he says, "Hello, sir, you must be one of the men that reserved table D, there, in the back. We are expecting 3 others, so I hope you enjoy your stay."
A man approaches you at the door, but he is pushed aside by a man who was sitting at a nearby table. "YOU THERE! You're the one who stole my diamond ring, aren't you? I was going to give that to my girlfriend, and you took it from me! I thought I got you arrested! Someone, call the Commissioner! He's a wanted man!"

Kuroi
2016-07-25, 12:17 PM
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/27474916/dnd/ki_forum.png
Ki (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=882910) [Shadowborn Monk]
Strange note picked Ki's curiosity. So on 3rd day of Autumn he made his way towards Dwarvish Ferret Tavern. He had some suspicions of course, but free spirit of the ex-sailor prevailed. Besides, it wasn't some shady underground place, but a tavern, place that he visited more than once.
Upon entering Ki looked around, evaluating his surroundings.

Arriving to tavern: [roll0]
And just in case...
Perception: [roll1] to notice anything out of place
Insight: [roll2] if any person acts suspiciously

Gluteus_Maximus
2016-07-25, 04:49 PM
Ki enters the tavern at the same time as another Shadowborn. A dwarf sits at a table in the back, labeled "Reserved-6:00".

You do not notice anything out of the ordinary, besides the human shouting at the Shadowborn beside you. No one that you can see is acting suspicious. A young man approaches you and says, "Hello, sir. You must be one of the men who was expected for table D, in the back. We are expecting one more. I was going to tell this to this man here, but this one is in the way."

Adrian Gecko
2016-07-26, 10:36 AM
Alberich Lutgehr narrowed his eyes at the man. This man seems suspicious, like he had something to hide. Still, the words of the message echoed in his head. It was time to see if the message was a warning or a threat.

He made his way past the various tavernfolk to make his way to table D.

Kuroi
2016-07-26, 11:18 AM
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/27474916/dnd/ki_forum.png
Ki (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=882910) [Shadowborn Monk]
Ki narrows his eyes when shouting starts, he doesn't like loud noises. Giving a quick nod he swiftly moves toward the table in the back. Upon arriving he gives dwarf a quick glance and quietly sits down. He does so in a spot to face entrance to a tavern and having his back against a wall.

Do we have an OOC thread?
Anyway - Ki has only darts from weapons on him. He also isn't wearing that nice hat that can be seen on picture :smallbiggrin:

Urzamax
2016-07-27, 04:02 PM
Rule 43: When in doubt, lie.
Rule 43, Codice 4, Line 18-19: The grander the lie, the easier it is for the small-minded to swallow. Keep it vague and important-sounding.

Well, that was unexpected. Teverret doesn't remember that at all. Probably wasn't even him. One diamond ring, at least the kind this idiot can likely afford, wouldn't be worth this sort of trouble.
Tev wheels to face his accuser and moves in until he's practically touching noses with the man, then bellows, with his best "aggrieved noble" accent:
"I have no idea what you are speaking of, sirrah! How dare you accuse me of such things? Do you even know who I am?! No doubt you see my complexion and assume immediately that I surely must have been the cause of your idiotic woes! Pah! One as painfully unobservant as you quite plainly cannot be bothered to guard his pockets from thieving urchins! Consider searching the bowls of beggars and cutpurses before leveling your buffoonish accusations!"
He sweeps away and resumes his progress into the inn, finishing his barrage with "Now, I have legitimate business to attend to in this establishment, so depart my presence before I call the constables myself to deal with your unfounded molestation! Good day!"

[roll0]

Gluteus_Maximus
2016-07-27, 04:18 PM
[roll0] His insight check

If it is equal to or higher than your roll of 10, then he doesn't believe your lie and [roll1] punches you, and if it hits, for 1 damage.

If it isn't equal to or higher, he says "Oh, I must have mistaken. Sorry about that. I'll pay for your dinner, if you want...".

If the first result happens, then he is still blocking your path.

If the second result happens, a man walks up to you and says, "Hello, sir, we've been expecting you. You must be one of the people for table D, in the back." He guides you there.

Suddenly, everyone hears a horse approaching outside. The bards suddenly stop singing, the gamblers accidentally fling all the cards everywhere when shuffling, and the Dwarves, even the drunk ones, are paying attention. A man opens the door. He wears a red cape and gold and silver shoulder pads, along with a green bandana covering his hair. The same man that approached all of you approaches him, but he shoves him aside. You can hear some criminals in a corner mumbling, "What is HE doing here???" He calmly walks into the center of the tavern, and then notices the abnormal quiet. He looks around, seeing every common person trembling. He walks over to table D and sits down.

The man that is blocking the shadowborn at the door sits down as well, back at his original table.

You know this man as Sedrel, the Commander of the Silver Watch, who arrested you originally.

Adrian Gecko
2016-07-29, 11:20 AM
OOC: I am confused about where all this is happening in relation to my character.

Gluteus_Maximus
2016-07-29, 02:07 PM
Okay. The tavern is about 50 feet square, and you are sitting at a table in the back corner. the door is in the front, and that's 50 feet away from you. The guy who just walked in, he just sat down at the same table as you.

Adrian Gecko
2016-07-29, 03:01 PM
Alberich looks at the flamboyant stranger, narrowing his eyes. This man seemed to be known to the people in the pub. Regardless, he was a patient dwarf. He would wait for the last person to come before saying his piece.

Gluteus_Maximus
2016-07-29, 06:47 PM
[roll0] [roll1] [roll2]

We do not have an OOC thread. Where would that be placed, if it was created?

The man that was pushed aside by the mysterious man gets up, and, dazed, guides you over to table D, without saying anything.

The man that just sat down, while apparently very intimidating to the common people of the tavern, is only 5 feet 3 inches tall. As what each of you assume to be the last member of the group is led to the table and sits down, the man bellows in a deep voice: "Now that we are gathered, I will tell you of why we are here. Dwarf friend, many of my men have been sent to Hillton on a trade mission, specifically to the churchill district. My men have never returned." You would know that the Silver Watch is not just a rag-tag group of throwaway soldiers. They are an elite group of protectors and warriors, and are all at least 4th level. "I suspect a Necromancer is at work here. Before any more of my men are killed, I have decided to take matters into my own hands, though I will need your help. Any questions?"