PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy movie

danzibr
2016-07-24, 01:12 PM
If anyone remember Advent Children, in the VII universe, they're making something called Kingsglaive, in the XV universe. Here (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=htnkOpknGok)'s a trailer. I'm excited that Sean Bean is a voice actor, and Ultros appears to be in the movie (and something like Diamond WEAPON???), but the main character looks mighty derpy, and overall I just don't have high hopes.

EDIT: I just realized after the fact... maybe this should go in media.

janejury
2016-07-25, 04:33 AM
i love fantasy movie. yuor sharing is very useful. thanks.

tomwalker154
2016-07-25, 06:42 PM
And I love the music! Some songs has already become legends. :D

erikun
2016-07-26, 03:11 AM
Advent Children "worked" (at least as far as it did work) because there was a high desire from fans of Final Fantasy 7 to revisit the world and see what the characters were doing.

This movie... doesn't really have that. At all. In fact, it's coming out before the game even releases, which means it's running off FFXV hype alone to generate interest. That doesn't make me think it will turn out as popular, especially since it is apparently airing in theaters and will only get a DVD and/or digital release sometime later? Also, I'm having some flashbacks with how SquareEnix handled the Final Fantasy 13 franchise. It seems like Square is putting together a lot of side content in the expectation that FFXV will be well received, rather than waiting to see if FFXV is well received and then putting out more stuff based on that.

Kitten Champion
2016-07-26, 04:12 AM
I understand that it reviewed fairly well, which helped it make a tidy - for a movie like this in Japan - sum at the box office.

Hunter Noventa
2016-07-26, 06:45 AM
Also, I'm having some flashbacks with how SquareEnix handled the Final Fantasy 13 franchise. It seems like Square is putting together a lot of side content in the expectation that FFXV will be well received, rather than waiting to see if FFXV is well received and then putting out more stuff based on that.

I totally agree. I can't bring myself to be interested in XV. I haven't played a mainline FF since XII, XIII was...XIII. XIV is different of course. I'm taking a more wait-and-see approach with XV. i still miss old-school ATB combat, which tells me I need to get I am Setsuna, apparently.

Morbis Meh
2016-07-27, 04:17 PM
I totally agree. I can't bring myself to be interested in XV. I haven't played a mainline FF since XII, XIII was...XIII. XIV is different of course. I'm taking a more wait-and-see approach with XV. i still miss old-school ATB combat, which tells me I need to get I am Setsuna, apparently.

Just play some Persona good Hunter, all the turn based combat you could ever want with fantastic story telling XD I stopped play FF after 12 and it's less than thrilling combat system so I am not even going to bother with this movie or game.

Morph Bark
2016-07-30, 06:40 AM
While at first I was hype for FFXV with the mechanics and beautiful visuals they've shown off, I'm losing interest because the main characters look like a boy band and there's no female main characters.

This movie though, I am hype for. The facial details look amazing (shame they don't show more of the facial animations in the trailer) and when I heard Lena Headey and Sean Bean's voices I was hooked.