PDA

View Full Version : Newb Game [IC]

JNAProductions
2016-07-24, 05:41 PM
The three of you have assembled at the entrance to the Ravener's Guild-an elite group of adventurers. You are here to join them-if you can.

igordragonian
2016-07-24, 05:46 PM
Quishiri wore her robes above her strategically placed armor.
"By Feca's name! What a fine guild to start my journey at!" she laughed loudly, but it still chimmed pleasantly

Emmerlaus
2016-07-24, 06:01 PM
Looking one last time at the port below, " Achoo" sighed and turned around toward the middle of the city, where the adventurer guild was.

Parting from the " Red Rose" have being more difficult then he though it would be. This ship was like a second home from him now. And beside, a sailor life had its perks. Especially as a cleric, willing to protect and heal the sailors on board. He was treated almost as a noble among his fellow sailors.

He was wearing green travelling clotches. His cloak had the symbol of the goddess Cira on his back and his cloak pin was shaped like a dragon. The stone is grey with hint of yellow in it, looking like a thundercloud. Throught the cloth gap, we could see his green skin showing. IF one were to look at his face, they would see two amber eyes full of intelligence and a hint of malice. He had a bagpack, his longbow and Arrow case attached to it.

He arrived in front of the guild where he noticed a blue dragonborn laughing out loud. He got closer of the entrance and smiled to her:

" Then wait to see the inside! Im sure they are thirsty for new blood! That is, if you can satisfy them. No adventurer guilds want useless people."

His tone is a tiny bit creepy and taunting but mostly playful. He wink as proof of his playfulness at the dragonborn and chuckling. His voice is deep and have a charm to it.

Knowledge (Religion) to know about Yondala

[roll0] + 5

EDIT: ah darn LOL

Jormengand
2016-07-25, 11:21 AM
Maria Fallonheim, an entertainer, gambler, sorceress, prostitute and con-woman, smiled at the two outside the guild. Perhaps she was going to have some fun here after all.

In truth, she wasn't sure what she came here for, but after a while, selling her services, her spells and herself got boring, and deception was too risky. She'd already had to immolate someone who called her bluff once. Never again.

Whatever. She was here now. She walked towards the slightly odd lizardman, her red hair swaying behind her in the breeze and her short grey skirt rendered risqué by the same. She carried her staff, which was after all too large for her really to store it anywhere, and ambled towards the pair.

"At the very least, no adventurers' guild wants people who are useless at hitting things with a stick. I've seen adventurers who were useless at nigh everything else." She's not lying; she's seen adventurers who were utterly incompetent at all manner of things. They gave her most of her business.

It didn't matter much. She was probably in the company of some more capable people now.

igordragonian
2016-07-25, 04:31 PM
"Greetings adventurer fellows!" Quishirt greeted them cheerfully.
"Everyone who can make his allies to smile, is useful by my book!" she looked over the other two.
"But I also have some exprience at smashing foes with the aid of my best friend- Sir. Smash Little." she pulled from her cloaks a flail.
"Get it? Sir. Smash Little?" she giggled.

JNAProductions
2016-07-25, 04:48 PM
Just letting you know, the plot will not advance till one of you knocks on the door. Take your time-I don't mind y'all interacting. But just letting you know HOW to advance plot.

Emmerlaus
2016-07-25, 04:57 PM
"Greetings adventurer fellows!" Quishirt greeted them cheerfully.
"Everyone who can make his allies to smile, is useful by my book!" she looked over the other two.
"But I also have some exprience at smashing foes with the aid of my best friend- Sir. Smash Little." she pulled from her cloaks a flail.
"Get it? Sir. Smash Little?" she giggled.

" The most beautiful flail I ever saw was made to look like the sun. A golden coated flail. Very pretty. But I guess "Sir Little Smash" is a good start. You are both here to enroll as well? "

Turning to the newcomer half-elf, he had a appraising look. Those two girls were really pretty for their race.

igordragonian
2016-07-25, 05:10 PM
"Sound like a beauty indeed! I wouldn't even mind getting a hit from such a beauty!"

Jormengand
2016-07-25, 05:24 PM
"See? Already, talking about nothing but hitting each other with sticks. Come on, let's go in and find out what goes down at the guild."

She raps on the door a few times.

JNAProductions
2016-07-25, 05:28 PM
"See? Already, talking about nothing but hitting each other with sticks. Come on, let's go in and find out what goes down at the guild."

She raps on the door a few times.

The door opens after a few moments, and a young man with striking red hair comes out. "Hello! Um... Why are you three here?"

Jormengand
2016-07-25, 05:31 PM
"Well, these two have been standing around talking about joining the guild, and I - also having this desire - chose to knock on the door to alert someone inside of our intentions and perhaps ask how we might go about these proceedings."

igordragonian
2016-07-25, 05:34 PM
Quishiri giggled.
"The beautiful elf lady is right!" she said.
"Oh... my name is Quishiri. I think I haven't gotten the names of you two." she said.
"And also you!" she bowed to the man who has opened the door

Emmerlaus
2016-07-25, 06:01 PM
The lizardfolk shrug: " Those who cant speak Draconic always mispronounce my name anyway. Just call me " Achoo". And yes, it seem destiny brought the three of us together to join your adventurer guild. Can we get Inside? "

JNAProductions
2016-07-25, 06:01 PM
Quishiri giggled.
"The beautiful elf lady is right!" she said.
"Oh... my name is Quishiri. I think I haven't gotten the names of you two." she said.
"And also you!" she bowed to the man who has opened the door

"Hey, no need to bow-I'm just the new guy here. Name's Gronkle. And come on in, if that's the case-I'll take you to the local guild master and see about getting you guys set up on an initiate mission."

igordragonian
2016-07-25, 06:22 PM
"Every person should be treated with respect" Quishiri said.
'I know draconicn quite well' she giggled.
'But Achoo is a sweet nam3"

Emmerlaus
2016-07-25, 06:30 PM
"Every person should be treated with respect" Quishiri said.
'I know draconicn quite well' she giggled.
'But Achoo is a sweet nam3"

Achoo take the dragonborn hand, kiss it and give her a warm smile:" Then I might whisper to you my true name one day, Miss Quishiri. "

He turn to the elf: " Its also a pleasure to meet you miss... ? "

Once she tell him her name, he also kiss her hand if she allows it. Then he is bold enough to put his hands on both girls back at the height of the waist, in a gesture to encourage them to move foward Inside. The gesture seem very affectionnate, like you guys were friends already.

igordragonian
2016-07-26, 01:33 AM
Quishiri giggled when Achoo has kissed her hand.b"One day? You sure have a plans about me. Now don't you?"

She blinked a bit surprised to feel his hand on her back, but she didn't minded.
"Someone here is in hurry... ok! Let's move on!"

Emmerlaus
2016-07-26, 05:50 AM
Quishiri giggled when Achoo has kissed her hand."One day? You sure have plans about me. Now don't you?"

She blinked a bit surprised to feel his hand on her back, but she didn't minded.
"Someone here is in hurry... ok! Let's move on!"

He smile at her: " Well... I wouldn't call it a plan and rather be opened to anything. Life can be rather short when you are an adventurer, you have to live it to the fullest! "

At this, the hand on both girls back gave them a small caress. One of his claw was giving you chills down your spine but without injuring you. Being able to do so for both of you while walking and still be subtle about it meant he was either ambidextrous, skilled or both. It also clearly indicating now he was interested... in both of them.

JNAProductions
2016-07-26, 01:06 PM
Gronkle doesn't appear to notice any of the flirting, instead simply leading you deeper within the guildhall. "Master Sharm?" he says, as he reaches a desk with a high-backed chair (back towards you). "We've got more applicants."

The chair turns around, revealing a man with forest green hair and an extensive beard of the same color. "Ah, excellent! Gronkle, you may go. And who are you three?"

Jormengand
2016-07-26, 02:16 PM
"Name's Maria. Maria Fallonheim, to be exact. These two miscreants are Quishiri, and some lizardman who doesn't choose to tell us his actual name at present. As you may have worked out, we're here to join the guild."

JNAProductions
2016-07-26, 02:17 PM
"Name's Maria. Maria Fallonheim, to be exact. These two miscreants are Quishiri, and some lizardman who doesn't choose to tell us his actual name at present. As you may have worked out, we're here to join the guild."

"Hm. You don't seem to be the best at working together..."

Emmerlaus
2016-07-26, 04:05 PM
"Hm. You don't seem to be the best at working together..."

Achoo roll his eyes but keep smiling: " Don't mind her sharp tongue, Mister. We only just met, we are not a group. It was a coincidence, or maybe faith, that brought us all three here in the same time. And as for my name, I prefer to only tell to those who can speak Draconic and who wont mispronounce it. So, tell us, how does entering an adventuring guild work? "

JNAProductions
2016-07-26, 04:41 PM
"Simply-I work as a sort of overseer, finding those in need of help, and send other members on tasks suited to their experiences. I do occasionally venture out myself, though it's rare to have something so urgent nowadays. The guild takes a small cut-around 20%-of the reward and any loot found, though magical artifacts are handled differently. If you can use them, you can keep them. If not, they go to another guild member who can. In addition, there are monthly dues (nothing major, mind you) just so we can keep the larders stocked and the staff paid. Any questions?"

igordragonian
2016-07-26, 05:11 PM
"When do we begin good Sir?" Qushiri said cheerfully

"And don't mind Maria, I am sure she is sweet heart when you getting to know her."

JNAProductions
2016-07-26, 05:19 PM
"You gotta prove yourself first. To get proved, well, we have to send you on a mission. As it happens, I have something ready... But it's pretty dangerous. You three sure you're up to it?"

igordragonian
2016-07-26, 05:31 PM
"Something dangerous?! Sound exciting! Please! Give me the mission!"

JNAProductions
2016-07-26, 05:36 PM
"We got a wizard, and his golems went rogue. Old Beardface is dead, bless his heart, but his tower is still full of his creations on the loose. We need someone to go in and clear it out."

Emmerlaus
2016-07-26, 07:14 PM
"We got a wizard, and his golems went rogue. Old Beardface is dead, bless his heart, but his tower is still full of his creations on the loose. We need someone to go in and clear it out."

" Well, at least we can give it a honest try. I am personnaly new to this adventurer thing but the only way to know our capacity is to test it. Just give us the adress and we will try to see what we can do! "

JNAProductions
2016-07-26, 08:23 PM
" Well, at least we can give it a honest try. I am personnaly new to this adventurer thing but the only way to know our capacity is to test it. Just give us the adress and we will try to see what we can do! "

"Ah, that's enthusiasm I like to see! Head down the road and out, away from the city. About three miles out, you'll see a big ol' tower-you can probably see it from here, honestly, and I'd be surprised if you missed it coming in. Clear it out-and try not to get yourselves killed."

Emmerlaus
2016-07-26, 08:53 PM
" Alright! And how much time do you give us before sending someone else to do the job? Cause I believe you will consider it that we failed if we make you wait for too long..."

JNAProductions
2016-07-26, 08:54 PM
" Alright! And how much time do you give us before sending someone else to do the job? Cause I believe you will consider it that we failed if we make you wait for too long..."

"I'll send someone in after you after a day. The creations seem pretty content to stay put, so it's not terribly urgent."

Emmerlaus
2016-07-26, 09:03 PM
"I'll send someone in after you after a day. The creations seem pretty content to stay put, so it's not terribly urgent."

" Humm... please leave us two days. I only met my two teammates today after all and I would rather not be urge by time if Im going to give it my all. And most of all, to be honest, I wouldnt want someone else to take credit of my own accomplishement. And this way, I'll be more free to choose a spell needed according to the situation if a complication arisen, on the next day."

JNAProductions
2016-07-26, 09:04 PM
" Humm... please leave us two days. I only met my two teammates today after all and I would rather not be urge by time if Im going to give it my all. And most of all, to be honest, I wouldnt want someone else to take credit of my own accomplishement. And this way, I'll be more free to choose a spell needed according to the situation if a complication arisen, on the next day."

"Hm... Alright. Like I said, they've been content to stew in the tower, so I can give you all two days without any real issue."

Emmerlaus
2016-07-26, 09:13 PM
"Hm... Alright. Like I said, they've been content to stew in the tower, so I can give you all two days without any real issue."

" Thank you... Well, ready to heads up for your first mission? "

He turned to his companions saying this. His tone was strangely matter of fact, not as enthousiastic as the other. Like it was something quite ordinary to do. Once they gave him their answer, he heads out toward the exit with them.

Once outside: " So, fair ladies, do you need anything in the city before heading out? I would be already ready to go myself... "

igordragonian
2016-07-27, 12:52 AM
Huzzah! To the golem smashing tower!" Quishiri said cheerfully.
"I am fine as I am! How about you?" she turned to the half elf

Jormengand
2016-07-27, 12:28 PM
"I'm ready whenever you two are. Let's go hit a few things with a few sticks, why not let's?"

Emmerlaus
2016-07-27, 12:32 PM
" Fine then, let's go! "

As you go out of the city: " So girls, what's your story? Did you dream of a life full of excitement so you decided to become adventurer? "

JNAProductions
2016-07-27, 12:35 PM
As you all leave the city, you see, off to the west, the tower that was spoken of. It's still small, being several miles away, but at least you won't be getting lost.

Have as much interaction as you like, and then arrive at the tower when you're ready to move on.

igordragonian
2016-07-27, 05:34 PM
"I couldn't stand how my family has forgotten the true porpuse of chivalary.. so... we kind off fought, and.." she tapped her scarred cheek.
"My father made sure, I'll understand that he disagreeing with me.. so for the better of the clan I have left."

Emmerlaus
2016-07-27, 05:40 PM
"I couldn't stand how my family has forgotten the true porpuse of chivalary.. so... we kind off fought, and.." she tapped her scarred cheek.
"My father made sure, I'll understand that he disagreeing with me.. so for the better of the clan I have left."

" Do not worried. It didnt diminish your beauty in any way. And Im kinda relief you seem like a good person. Tell me, would you like to have a few drinks with me after this mission? We could watch the stars together and I would show you the constallations I know off... "

Emmerlaus
2016-07-28, 01:05 AM
(After Igordragonian answer)

Then he turn from Quishiri to Maria:

" And I extend this offer to you as well, Maria... If you find me interesting at all that is. I have a hard time figuring you out with your snarky personnality. But it doesnt mean I don't find you... pleasant. Call it curiosity but I wish to know you better as well. I am one who like to be "compatible" with my teammates as far as possible."

His eyes are malicious saying that. His tone warn and deep tone, his words are quite polite and gentleman-ish. But you can sense the lust in his malicious eyes...

You sense however he wont be forceful about it. He simply offered his best offer with a lot of self-assurance.

Jormengand
2016-07-28, 05:01 AM
"Hah! I suppose I don't see why not. And don't worry yourself too much about the snark; I'm like that to everyone. In any case, I suppose I'll admit that I find you attractive too. But perhaps we ought to turn our attentions to the tower, and the hitting of things with sticks, before we turn to you hitting a different kind of thing with a different kind of stick..."

She winked, and carried on walking.

Emmerlaus
2016-07-28, 05:22 AM
" Very well then. But you'll have to tell us more about you sometimes," Achoo say as he wink at her.

OCC: I think we are ready to tackle the tower now

JNAProductions
2016-07-28, 08:11 AM
The tower rapidly approaches as you walk nearer. When you're just outside the door, you can hear bangings and clatters from within the tower.

igordragonian
2016-07-28, 04:22 PM
Before-

"Sound like a great pleasure." she said cheerfully.

Right now

"Oh! Danger! Doesn't it boil your blood! Let's get in!" she threw off her robe, exposing her starteigcly placed armor, taking the shield from her back to her hand, and pulling out from her belt, her flail. "Come on! Sir Smash Little is starving for glory!"

Emmerlaus
2016-07-28, 07:47 PM
Achoo lick his lips seeing Quishiri and her armor but he was distracted by the noise and job at hand. He already lay out the strategy:

" Quishiri, you will be our shield. Stay in the front and open the door at my signal. Maria, stay behind and do your thing. I'll be on the side, shooting arrows at whatever is threatening to go out. If nothing try to exit, Quishiri will enter first, then me and then Maria will be behind us all. "

Achoo put himself in position Ready to shoot anything that would come out. Once everyone say they are ready, he count to 3 and give the signal...

igordragonian
2016-07-30, 05:40 PM
"Sound like a fun to me!"

JNAProductions
2016-07-30, 08:40 PM
"Sound like a fun to me!"

Quishiri opens the door, and out barreling comes a conglomeration of debris and detritus. It shoots past the three, leaving itself open to attacks.

Three attacks of opportunity, if you'd like.

JNAProductions
2016-07-31, 05:21 PM
The thing takes a few hits, crumpling to the ground.

igordragonian
2016-07-31, 05:23 PM
Quishiri wich has swinged "Sir Smash Little" arched her neck, closing her eyes with delight.
"That was... a delight!"

Jormengand
2016-07-31, 05:28 PM
"Well, that certainly... happened. What was that, do you think?"

Maria shrugs, and looks at the collapsed creature. Surely this isn't much of a golem. What is it?

Any way to identify the thing? Is it actually a golem, for example, and how it was made if it's not. And if it's carrying, or made of, anything useful.

Emmerlaus
2016-07-31, 05:30 PM
Achoo look at the creature remain as well but is wary of others coming back from Inside as well.

Any description of the remains?

JNAProductions
2016-07-31, 05:34 PM
The remains are nothing more than a pile or three of debris. Some chunks of wood, a few pages torn from a book, plenty of dust and dirt, but nothing valuable.

Emmerlaus
2016-07-31, 05:44 PM
" Im not sure to be honest. Maybe a spell to make object move? It wasnt solid enough to be a golem... If the rest of them are as easy to beat, well, it would be the easiest mission I would have being assignated to. Lets not bet on this however and lets try to move on. "

He take a look at the few torned pages on the pile, see if he recognize the language and bring them if it seem a interesting subject.

" Alright, lets enter! Same order as I planned. Dear Quishiri, if you may? "

With a gentleman gesture, he invite the dragonborn to enter the place first...

JNAProductions
2016-07-31, 05:47 PM
" Im not sure to be honest. Maybe a spell to make object move? It wasnt solid enough to be a golem... If the rest of them are as easy to beat, well, it would be the easiest mission I would have being assignated to. Lets not bet on this however and lets try to move on. "

He take a look at the few torned pages on the pile, see if he recognize the language and bring them if it seem a interesting subject.

" Alright, lets enter! Same order as I planned. Dear Quishiri, if you may? "

With a gentleman gesture, he invite the dragonborn to enter the place first...

The pages are written in heavily smudged elvish. They seem to be recipes-ordinary alchemical ones, at that.

igordragonian
2016-07-31, 05:47 PM
"Sure!" Quishiri said cheerfully, and led the way with raised shield

Emmerlaus
2016-07-31, 05:50 PM
"Sure!" Quishiri said cheerfully, and led the way with raised shield

" I'll be right behind you! Please Maria, close the door behind you. "

He follow Quishiri, with a Arrow and his bow in hand, ready for action.

JNAProductions
2016-07-31, 05:54 PM
Inside, there are a dozen more clouds of debris, moving around the bottom floor. Four seem to congregate around the ladder leading up, while the rest are scattered evenly around the incredibly messy area.

Emmerlaus
2016-07-31, 05:58 PM
Inside, there are a dozen more clouds of debris, moving around the bottom floor. Four seem to congregate around the ladder leading up, while the rest are scattered evenly around the incredibly messy area.

"Well, looks like we will be busy! Let's try to target the solitary one first closer to the door, see if they have any reactions to our aggression. Let's keep the one close to the ladder for last. If they dont attack us, this first floor might be the easiest one to pass... "

igordragonian
2016-08-01, 01:19 AM
Quishiri nodded happily, and slowly walked forward.

JNAProductions
2016-08-01, 01:29 PM
Initiative! [roll0] for the thingamahjiggers.

When Quishiri steps forward, the things react, beginning to come towards her.

Emmerlaus
2016-08-01, 01:46 PM
Seeing that they ALL react to Quishiri motion, Achoo have a idea:

" Maria, open to the door! Let's force them to face us one after one! Quishiri, protect our exit! "

Take steps back to the door, Attack the closest one to Quishiri.

igordragonian
2016-08-02, 05:08 PM
"With pleasure!" Quishiri said cheerfully, and with raised shield and a swinging flail she attacked toward the exit.

[roll0]+5

JNAProductions
2016-08-02, 05:19 PM
"With pleasure!" Quishiri said cheerfully, and with raised shield and a swinging flail she attacked toward the exit.

[roll0]+5

I'm assuming you mean attacking one near the exit? So I'll have that count as readying an attack for the first one that reaches you.

Also, roll for damage.