PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Kitsune Style vs Fox Style for Dirty Trick Builds

Giddonihah
2016-07-25, 12:44 AM
So I was making a High Int Rogue that utilized Dirty Tricks, and I got to comparing Fox style with Kitsune Style.

Now Kitsune style has more dirty trick focus than Fox style, with only the last feat helping Dirty Tricks out.
But what stood out to me is the possibility of getting +4 to dirty tricks, and that the entire feat chain can be completed pre lvl5.
I know Rogues in particular can complete it by lvl 4. In my case, homebrew rules for feat tax elimination are in place, so I can complete it by lvl 3.

Getting AOO and +4 that early seems kinda nice in comparison to only having Dirty Tricks on a charge from Kitsune Style (not having the Bab for the other feats in the chain)
Does that +4 help out enough to make it a consideration vs Kitsune style when you have high Int? Or does the first two feats perks of Kitsune overwhelm that.
Oh and does the other bonuses the fox style feats give amount to anything?

avr
2016-07-25, 06:01 AM
Those fox style feats are pretty poor. IME the GM will rarely use feints as prebuilt monsters don't tend to have the feats that make it useful, and tracking it is a pain for often not that much advantage. Which means a bonus to resist feints is very situational. Similarly for intimidate/demoralize, though that's a little more common. Fox style itself is just weak for you, a situational +4 to a skill is worse than a skill focus feat.

You may find it hard to use AoOs for dirty trick. For one thing you're likely to attract fire yourself (due to so-so defence and high potential damage) rather than have enemies try to get past you. A ninja has an easier time setting that up with invis. Charging is easier to achieve for rogues.