PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Finding Rules for Magic Item like a Dino-Rider Brainbox

EmperorNortonII
2016-07-25, 11:58 AM
So, I'm a long-time D&D player that's new to Pathfinder, joining an already-existing game. Apparently, the Big Bad is slaughtering the merfolk tribes guarding 4 legendary giant monsters so she can release them into the world to serve her "evil" sun god. (The merfolk trade in slaves, so it's possible that she's actually the good guy and we're all serving evil).

Clearly, the best solution with giant monsters is to get them to fight each other, and then lock the last one away. Are there any already-existing magic items that will let me slave something like that to my will or make it our ally?

Starbuck_II
2016-07-25, 12:30 PM
So, I'm a long-time D&D player that's new to Pathfinder, joining an already-existing game. Apparently, the Big Bad is slaughtering the merfolk tribes guarding 4 legendary giant monsters so she can release them into the world to serve her "evil" sun god. (The merfolk trade in slaves, so it's possible that she's actually the good guy and we're all serving evil).

Clearly, the best solution with giant monsters is to get them to fight each other, and then lock the last one away. Are there any already-existing magic items that will let me slave something like that to my will or make it our ally?

Can't you just Dominate monster it?
If these are aquatic animals, Trident of Fish Command can control any aquatic animal (up to 14 HD), 3 day.

EmperorNortonII
2016-07-25, 02:16 PM
Can't you just Dominate monster it?
If these are aquatic animals, Trident of Fish Command can control any aquatic animal (up to 14 HD), 3 day.

I don't think I can manage that at 8th level. The beasties will likely be bigger than 14 HD.

dboxcar
2016-07-26, 01:43 PM
How would you be getting such a powerful item? As an 8th level character I mean.

EmperorNortonII
2016-07-26, 07:31 PM
How would you be getting such a powerful item? As an 8th level character I mean.

Step 1= identify how to gain control of the monster
Step 2=?
Step 3=Profit

No need to worry about Step 2... it's like with the underpants gnomes.

Also like the underpants gnomes, it will probably involve stealing.