PDA

View Full Version : Player Help Divine Strike VS OA

WereRabbitz
2016-07-25, 12:01 PM
If you attacked during your turn and used the Cleric's Divine Strike ability to add a extra 1d8 to your dmg.

Would you be able to apply that affect if a enemy moved away provoking a attack of opportunity?

Or would you consider the ability used up until my next turn?

Rysto
2016-07-25, 12:05 PM
The wording of Divine Strike says "once on each of your turns". So an OA on another creature's turn wouldn't proc Divine Strike.

Mellack
2016-07-25, 12:23 PM
RAW it doesn't work, as the ability specifies it is on your turn. RAF I don't think it is unbalancing and would probably let it work.

famousringo
2016-07-25, 12:58 PM
Seems odd that they'd lock Divine Strike out of OAs like that. I don't think any other damage bonus has that restriction. Sneak Attack and Colossus Slayer activate once on any turn. Divine Smite, Hunter's Mark, and Hex on any hit.

gkathellar
2016-07-25, 01:02 PM
RAF I don't think it is unbalancing and would probably let it work.

RAF? That's a new one. What's the F for?

TheTeaMustFlow
2016-07-25, 01:17 PM

Obviously, that's the official ruling of the Royal Air Force D&D society.

Mellack
2016-07-25, 01:24 PM

In this context Rules As Fun.

It only refers to Royal Air Force if I am discussing dashing, flowing silk scarves or the Red Baron.

Foxhound438
2016-07-25, 05:11 PM
RAW it doesn't work, as the ability specifies it is on your turn. RAF I don't think it is unbalancing and would probably let it work.

it's certainly less game breaking than sneak attack OA's and similar effects.

HoarsHalberd
2016-07-25, 05:18 PM
In this context Rules As Fun.

It only refers to Royal Air Force if I am discussing dashing, flowing silk scarves or the Red Baron.

Actually the Red Baron never fought the RAF, he fought the RFC (Royal Flying Corps)

Safety Sword
2016-07-25, 06:37 PM
Actually the Red Baron never fought the RAF, he fought the RFC (Royal Flying Corps)

By Hoar's Halberd that's an interesting fact!

Now we all know where the name comes from :smallwink:

Mellack
2016-07-25, 06:59 PM

The strange things you can learn on a gaming forum board.