PDA

View Full Version : 3rd Ed What can you do with four arms?

LoyalPaladin
2016-07-25, 04:05 PM
Just like it says in the title. I've got a friend who is working on a homebrew setting, complete with homebrew races and one of them happens to have four arms! Is there anything spectacular that a four-armed race can do? Are there specific feats they can take? I'm just looking to supply him with GitP's wealth of knowledge on four-armed beasties!

Thanks in advance!

Draconium
2016-07-25, 04:13 PM
Multiweapon Fighting comes to mind, as does having free hands to cast somatic components while still wielding weapons. There's also the mundane usage of holding more items at one time, or scratching four different itches at once. :smalltongue:

Some of the insights on this thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?494007-Multiple-Limbs-and-LA) may be useful, too, despite the differences in the base question.

LoyalPaladin
2016-07-25, 04:41 PM
Multiweapon Fighting comes to mind, as does having free hands to cast somatic components while still wielding weapons. There's also the mundane usage of holding more items at one time, or scratching four different itches at once. :smalltongue:
When I saw your name on this post, I knew there was going to be something comical squeezed in at the end.

I just read Multi-Weapon Fighting. That's awesome.

Some of the insights on this thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?494007-Multiple-Limbs-and-LA) may be useful, too, despite the differences in the base question.
Oh. Super handy. Thanks, Drac!

ExLibrisMortis
2016-07-25, 04:47 PM
Each hand beyond the first you use to wield a weapon allows you to add another 1/2 strength modifier on damage rolls with that weapon. Your four-armed PC would add 2 1/2 times their strength modifier on four-handed damage rolls. You can also three-hand a weapon and still use a shield, for example.

Weapons for up to eight hands can be constructed, so you could still benefit from girallion's blessing.

Necroticplague
2016-07-25, 04:57 PM
There's the Multitasking feat, which gives you an additional partial action (translates to 3.5 as 'move or standard action') per arm pair.

Âmesang
2016-07-25, 04:58 PM
As a fan of Mortal Kombat my first thought was Goro (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGY-t0gkwPc) grappling an opponent with his lower arms and Improved/Superior Unarmed Striking their chest with his upper ones.

Inevitability
2016-07-26, 07:39 AM
You can use Fuse Arms to combine the limbs in a pair of super-strong arms, which is mostly useful if you haven't had the time to adjust a magic weapon for four-handed use yet.

Tohsaka Rin
2016-07-26, 09:04 AM
Use a two-handed reach weapon, a one-handed melee weapon, and a large or tower shield.

Combine this with Combat Reflexes, and Psionics (due to not needing a hand free for somatic components) and you can handle virtually anything that comes at you, bro.

Sian
2016-07-26, 09:33 AM
play "Dualing banjo's" as a solo :smallcool:

Flickerdart
2016-07-26, 10:09 AM
If you have Improved Grab (for example, as a Spirit Bear Totem Barbarian) you can grapple four creatures at a time (at a -20 penalty, but Multigrab + Improved Multigrab negates it).

You can also dual-wield bows.