PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Sentinel of Bharrai question

Birdwood
2016-07-25, 10:51 PM
Hey guys, got a question about the SoB class (and any others that may apply to this)

How does the "Improved caster level" part of it work if you managed to enter it through a non-caster class?

Context:
Im a Flavorplayer (as in, opposed to Powerplayer), and Im making a character who is a middle aged werebear, and lives away from civilization (Human Barbarian/Werebear/Elemental Warrior/Sentinel of Bharrai).
Trying to make some interesting choices for him, I found SoB and, since it matches both lore and reqs, I took it.
Thing is, it advances "previous spellcaster class", which I wont have.

So, what I need to know is wether it is a wasted ability (since it advances nothing at all), and, if so, if it would be too much of a stretch to homebrew it into "advances chosen spellcaster class" (adding cleric spell progression, for instance; or something like that)

Also, I am aware thats far from being optimized, BUT thats really not the point of any of my characters; my main is a Human Fighter/Werewolf/Warshaper/Pious Templar (of Malar), who uses the dark powers of the deity to protect those he loves; I could find something more powerful, but I dont care enough about it :smallbiggrin:

Thanks in advance :smallsmile:

Birdwood
2016-07-25, 10:56 PM
Sorry for double thread, connection died here on post; this one may be deleted