PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Redeemer Paladin (Half-Orc)

Shadowscale
2016-07-26, 05:05 AM
Hi, I was just curious if any of the good folks here could put their minds to a way to optimize flavor and crunch to building a paladin of this archetype effectively? Outside of the standard paladin guide what should I be doing feat, trait, and build wise?

Any replies would be appreciated.

Arc_knight25
2016-07-26, 08:05 AM
I see a Half Orc in platemail running around challenging everyone with a big club and telling them to change their ways or else.

Skills: Intimidate, Diplomacy(a few ranks), Sense Motive (if you want to make sure you know that they will follow through)

So for feats:

Bludgeoner- Non lethal damage with bludgeoning weapons
Call Out- Make them not run from you and engage you in a duel
Cudgler style- Bonus for deal non lethal on a charge
-Cudgler sweep- free trip attempt at +2
-Cudgler takedown- improves bonuses from both previous feats.

Dazziling display Feat line also works.

Geddy2112
2016-07-26, 09:52 AM
Second the above.

An intimidate build is strong since half orcs start with a +2. You can swap it for the burning assurance racial trait for a +2 in diplomacy to stack with monstrous rapport, if you want to go with a more diplomatic and less threatening style of conflict resolution. Since you will be proficent with the orc weapons anyways, consider the chain fighter or city raised traits-the city raised gets whip proficiency which is good for nonlethal takedowns.

You probably want the cursed mercy as soon as you can get it-things that are cursed are likely committing evil acts or fighting against their will, or bound to be ghosts or other undead. An evil item might also be driving somebody to evil and remove curse gives you a way to stop them without killing them.

If you want to use a slashing weapon, the blade of mercy trait gives you +1 nonlethal damage with it and removes the -4 to use it nonlethally. Magical knack is great for any paladin to boost your caster level.

legomaster00156
2016-07-26, 11:44 AM
If you're going with an Intimidate build, Intimidate is one of few skill unlocks that is worth the feat.

Dayaz
2016-07-26, 07:47 PM
I've actually played this in a campaign, and I would actually suggest diplomacy over intimidate. Not only does it fit the archetype a bit more in my opinion, it also leads to a great deal of fun times in most games.

I carried a few Hats of Disguise on me at all times, and if I came across a creature I thought could be converted away from evil, I would use diplomacy to try and convince them to help us with the adventure, thenot give them a Hat so they could get into town and get praised for helping/catch some of the rewards.

This showed them that doing good could be profitable. From there, they were invited to join in on future quests, and more diplomacy checks over time convinced them that doing good for the sake of being good was worth it.

It gave us a number of entertaining and useful allies, amongst them was my shining achievement: a bearded devil I managed to bring all the way to LG, and started taking pally levels as my cohort.

I mostly put points into diplomacy and linguistics (can't convert anyone if you can't talk to them).

The most important thing is to remember that this is going to usually be a slow process. Converting evil creatures and humanoids into non-evil isn't the work of an afternoon.

GreyBlack
2016-07-27, 08:00 AM
Now, maybe I'm just one of them durned intelktualz*, but I like to listen to people who actually know what they're talking about. If you're going to redeem people, maybe 1-2 ranks in Knowledge (Religion)? At least so you know some rites and rituals to redeem folk.

*Misspelling intentional. Please don't comment.

Extra Anchovies
2016-07-28, 04:51 PM
Enforcer (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/combat-feats/enforcer-combat) would be a perfect fit in a Redeemer build.

If you're going with an Intimidate build, Intimidate is one of few skill unlocks that is worth the feat.

Seconding this suggestion. You can find the Intimidate unlocks at the bottom of this page (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/skills/intimidate), and they are so good.

Shadowscale
2016-07-28, 09:35 PM
Enforcer (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/combat-feats/enforcer-combat) would be a perfect fit in a Redeemer build.

Seconding this suggestion. You can find the Intimidate unlocks at the bottom of this page (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/skills/intimidate), and they are so good.

Do you think I could specialize and attend to max out, sense motive, diplomacy, and intimidate? Maybe solash done knowledge religion?