PDA

View Full Version : 3rd Ed I need some help....

Raenel
2016-07-26, 11:37 AM
So, it's been a while since I posted on here. I hope everyone is doing well :)
Anyways, I need some help with a recent gestalt build. I'm making an erudite//artificer who is probably going to go into crystal master. He's a mad scientist type of character who is obsessed with tinkering and changing things from their natural states. He'll eventually change his body one graph at a time and will be particularly interested in machines and aberrations. What I need help on is the psicrystal. (Though I am open to suggestions for the scientist as well)

You see, psicrystals gain feats as a character does. And I'm torn between making my cute little pet rock psicrystal into a floating mass of tentacles that would frighten even the most tentacle loving perv or if I should go with the much more subtle and probably stronger route of a walking (and eventually floating) battery for his crazed scientist master.
Any advice would be appreciated and if more info is needed I'll be happy to post it. Oh, and as a side note we are using pathfinder feat progression. And the dm said that the psicystal is based off of my erudite manifester level, not hd. So improved psicrystal gives it more hd.

dboxcar
2016-07-26, 01:06 PM
What feats would allow it to become a tentacly death monster? very curious

ExLibrisMortis
2016-07-26, 01:11 PM
If it's based on your manifester level, you should try to boost that, give the pet rock a few epic feats :smallwink:.

Gildedragon
2016-07-26, 01:21 PM
If you can swallow +1 LA
Athasian Human fits you like a charm. Manifester level equal to your HD

Raenel
2016-07-26, 01:35 PM
What feats would allow it to become a tentacly death monster? very curious

The Deepspawn feat or if i go with wild or hidden talent then the illithid heritage that gives you a tentacle.
And unfortunately the Dm already said no pre-epic level epic feat shenanigans so sorry, ExLibrisMortis.
And as for the Athasian Human, I'll check it out but I'm currently liking Elans for extra pp and great survival abilities. Plus the manifester level thing only applies to levels gained from erudite or a class that advances psicrystals specifically

Gildedragon
2016-07-26, 01:49 PM
I see re: needing psionic classes
Psionic artificer would work then, no?

Raenel
2016-07-26, 02:03 PM
Probably, but I like the idea of a completely separate class not connected to psionics. Plus I will admit to my lack of knowledge on psi-artificers. Can they still craft regular magic items or are they unable to take magical crafting feats like scribe scroll or craft ring? Because crafting his own grafts (the mechanical ones from faiths of erberron) is important to this character

Raenel
2016-07-29, 02:29 PM
Okay, so i think in the long run I'm going to go with the pet rock as a battery. It's the safer and easier one to do, plus it kind of fits the character more as he's more of a golemancer than a alienist.