PDA

View Full Version : custom content for my campaign

Goodkill
2016-07-26, 04:53 PM
so i'm running a campaign for 4 people. i'm playing one of the characters (the cleric Hymnar Darkfoot) to lead by example since all my players are noobs/ until i get another player or two.

we also have a rogue, a monk, a ranger, and a wizard. the monk and ranger are played by the same person - originally we had 5 people but one of them left (my mom actually), so one of the other players took on her character

i have been playing pre-made adventures and stringing them together but eventually i want to do a custom adventure or two to kind of tie it all together. i'm going to list some plot elements based on the adventures already done and it would be cool if anyone is feeling creative to help me figure out how to work it into a playable story.

plot elements:
the magical relic the coat of eyes and the demigod dragon Belashyrra (this is from an Eberron campaign but i am playing the Forgotten Realms, at first in the nation of Cormyr, which has knights and nobility and so on).
Lord Carroway who you have worked for, killing goblins to retrieve a magic item from a dead knight, and some other things
Doria Veledaar, a noble who works for lord Carroway, who you have in turn worked for; solving a dispute between elves and the village of Ossington
the ancient dragon arshadalon
a conspiracy of demons, related to the dispute in Ossington

TheYell
2016-07-26, 07:46 PM
You all are invited aboard the puntbarge Jemima by its captain Abel Hookhand. You know Hookhand is something of an errand runner and he's provided work for you in the past, so you go. At the table is a ranger, a monk, a wizard, and a rogue. Hookhand ends by saying you have all worked for him separately and have now been brought together for something special. He ends there because he takes a spear through the chest. Naked river pirates bustle in and start fighting. Their leader beheads Hookhand, blows a whistle, and the pirates throw firebombs and dive over the rail. You save each other and help the crew put out the fire. The first mate says they dont know anything but Hookhand was paid to bring you upriver. You decide to ride back to the city and get to know how you all knew Hookhand, as much that you choose to share. That trip should occupy a few sessions.

TheYell
2016-07-26, 08:19 PM
When they arrive at the keep suitably warmed up they are greeted by Doria. The Lord wants a heist pulled against the monastery of Kuo Ling in a month. At that time the high moon of midsummer is celebrated by forming a human chain of torchbearers up the mountain, so the monastery should be almost empty. Normally theyd just raid from the river, but you know the Naked Pirates are loose. So my Lord wants you to hike overland to the monastery which is why you have a ranger. The monk can handle any monks who ask too many questions. You make your way to the iron altar in the south wat and the cleric will see to it no nasty Lawful Evil divine magic lingers and the wizard will handle any arcane traps. The rogue should be able to dismantle the altar and retrieve a scroll under the top. You then get out and walk halfway back and get met by boat. My Lord will launch a river raid as a feint on the same night to draw any pirates away so even if an alarm is given there should be nobody to stop you. Just get the scroll and bring it back to My Lord.

TheYell
2016-07-26, 09:00 PM
Well that was the plan.

Anyhow they get the scroll which is a map of a northern branch of a river tributary. And they run back through the forest for about a week pursued by goblin wargriders who always split off to give the alarm because tpk is not the goal. they miss the river rendezvous. and just when they are exhausted and out of arrows and spells they are rescued by a squad of rangers and druids sent by the lord.

who beat them and take the map and leave them naked and unconscious for the wargs.

and when they decide to stagger towards the next campfire they see to surrender, they are "captured" by a neighboring noble who sent spies into the woods to see what disturbed the ravens. his welcome is more lavish when one of the party passes an intel roll to draw a copy of the map. rested, healed, reequipped and railroaded the party is ready to start being a monkeywrench of vengeance...