PDA

View Full Version : Can I turn my cleric into the shadowdancer prestige class in pathfinder??

Kadenjalexander
2016-07-27, 12:11 AM
I see the requirements for shadowdancer into 3 feats and idk how to obtain those feats as a cleric. I feel dumb but I really want my cleric to turn into that since my dm made me stick to the core rule book.

torrasque666
2016-07-27, 12:29 AM
I mean you can. The strongest requirement of the feats is dex 13. The skills aren't an issue either. But why would you want to? It won't advance your casting at all.

Kadenjalexander
2016-07-27, 12:33 AM
I mean you can. The strongest requirement of the feats is dex 13. The skills aren't an issue either. But why would you want to? It won't advance your casting at all.

It's just the way I want to progress with this specific character. Its my first character and I was semi pressured into cleric and I kind of want to evolve it into something a little different. I just want to go all out with this one and learn from experience. So how exactly would I go about turning him into that prestige class? His dex is already 16 and I'm working on the skills atm, it's just the feats requirement of mobility, dodge, and the other one that I don't know how to meet.

Zanos
2016-07-27, 12:48 AM
Qualification is pretty simple. You use your level up feats to take Dodge, Mobility, and Combat Reflexes.

Kadenjalexander
2016-07-27, 07:04 AM
Qualification is pretty simple. You use your level up feats to take Dodge, Mobility, and Combat Reflexes.

Do clerics get level up feats because on the chart it says I don't?

Inevitability
2016-07-27, 07:29 AM
Do clerics get level up feats because on the chart it says I don't?

Every character gets feats when they level up. You get one at your first HD, another if you're human, then one every 3rd level (so at the levels 3, 6, 9, 12, 15 and 18). This (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/character-advancement) chart shows it quite nicely.

EDIT: Also, I suggest using the 'Pathfinder' prefix when making posts about that game. You can select a prefix when creating the thread: it's right above the title box.

GreyBlack
2016-07-27, 08:10 AM
Every character gets feats when they level up. You get one at your first HD, another if you're human, then one every 3rd level (so at the levels 3, 6, 9, 12, 15 and 18). This (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/character-advancement) chart shows it quite nicely.

EDIT: Also, I suggest using the 'Pathfinder' prefix when making posts about that game. You can select a prefix when creating the thread: it's right above the title box.

Actually, it's every other level. 3, 5, 7, 9 etc.

As to the OP.... Might I suggest, instead, just taking the Darkness and Travel domains? This provides you with similar mechanical benefits (e.g. dimension door, ability to see in darkness) while allowing you to continue leveling up your spellcasting? If evasion is too big a deal breaker, just grab Variant Multiclass Rogue, which eliminates half your feats, but gives you Sneak Attack, Trapfinding, and Evasion?

Inevitability
2016-07-27, 09:03 AM
Actually, it's every other level. 3, 5, 7, 9 etc.

Got Pathfinder and 3.5 mixed up there. Thanks for the correction!

Willie the Duck
2016-07-27, 10:02 AM
It's just the way I want to progress with this specific character. Its my first character and I was semi pressured into cleric and I kind of want to evolve it into something a little different. I just want to go all out with this one and learn from experience. So how exactly would I go about turning him into that prestige class? His dex is already 16 and I'm working on the skills atm, it's just the feats requirement of mobility, dodge, and the other one that I don't know how to meet.

You've presented us with an interesting challenge. Normally I would say that if you are playing a character that you were pressured into and don't really want to play that role, go back and pick a new character. However, as a challenge, steering a character from one role to another would be interesting.

What level are you? One level of Cleric never hurt anyone. If you wanted to jump to rogue, it would give you more skill points/level. On the other hand, despite shadowdancer being a rogue-like PrC, they have a lot of overlap (non-synergy). Perhaps just staying as a cleric would be an interesting choice.

As mentioned, you do not advance your spellcasting with a shadowdancer. This means that this choice would be pretty unoptimized. Just letting you know, not trying to pressure you to make a power character if that's not a priority.

Psyren
2016-07-27, 10:05 AM
I would just go with a divine-flavored rogue rather than cleric at all for this. Like, say, a Rogue (or Slayer) that goes into Evangelist.

Amphetryon
2016-07-27, 10:14 AM
Cleric/Ranger with the Underhanded Combat Style is far from the worst way to qualify for Shadowdancer.

Kadenjalexander
2016-07-28, 10:13 AM
Ok, thanks everyone. Last question, what page is the feats chart located in the pathfinder core rule book?

Psyren
2016-07-28, 10:21 AM
Ok, thanks everyone. Last question, what page is the feats chart located in the pathfinder core rule book?

Page 114 or you can look at core feats only online via the PRD: http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/coreRulebook/feats.html