PDA

View Full Version : How does MC warlock with a full caster work?

Sir cryosin
2016-07-27, 08:17 AM
How does spell slots work with warlock mc with a full spell caster.

Joe the Rat
2016-07-27, 08:32 AM
Warlock spells slots do not stack with full caster slots, so you will have your full caster daily slot progression, and a set of short-rest recovery slots.

You can use either set of slots to cast any of the spells you know.

Sir cryosin
2016-07-27, 08:49 AM
Warlock spells slots do not stack with full caster slots, so you will have your full caster daily slot progression, and a set of short-rest recovery slots.

You can use either set of slots to cast any of the spells you know.

Then how do cantrips work in this situation do I get what each other say for each class so a 1 warlock 1 sorcerer will have 7 cantrips?

Joe the Rat
2016-07-27, 08:53 AM
Yup, just like any other full caster multiclass. Well, 6 in this case (4 from sorc, 2 from warlock).

Then go Tomelock for three more. Get ALL the cantrips! :smallbiggrin:
Don't do that. that's just silly.

Blue Lantern
2016-07-27, 08:54 AM
Then how do cantrips work in this situation do I get what each other say for each class so a 1 warlock 1 sorcerer will have 7 cantrips?

You do get the number of cantrip known from each classes, but Warlock 1/Sorcerer 1 knows only 6 cantrips (2 warlock, 6 sorcerer).

WereRabbitz
2016-07-27, 09:47 AM
Go 17 Caster
3 warlock

You can get 2 2nd level refresh spells you can cast at higher levels, 2 invocations, and your initial pact feature

Also allows you to keep your single level 9 spell.

JellyPooga
2016-07-27, 10:21 AM
Go 17 Caster
3 warlock

You can get 2 2nd level refresh spells you can cast at higher levels, 2 invocations, and your initial pact feature

Personally I like to take my Warlock dips to 5th level; you get an extra Invocation, an ASI and your Pact Magic is running 3rd level spells, which includes such spammable fare as Countermagic, Dispel Magic, Fireball (for MC builds or Fiendlocks), Fly and other spells that stay relevant into higher tier play (Haste, Protection vs. Energy, Spirit Guardians and others) if only you can get them on your list.

2nd level Pact Magic feels like it runs out of steam around level 10, but at that level a 5/5 Warlock/Caster has only just unlocked the potential of being able to rinse and repeat some of his most iconic spells, all day every day.

Sigreid
2016-07-27, 10:26 PM
Go 17 Caster
3 warlock

If you go Warlock 2/Abjuration wizard x you can do that free refilling of your ward cheese and you're tank will love you till the end of time.