PDA

View Full Version : Tech Help Recommend a cheap medium quality audio transmitter?

gomipile
2016-07-27, 05:46 PM
I'm looking for an audio transmitter. The range only needs to be a few feet. It'll be used at distances ranging from about 3 to 10 feet, through a glass window. I only want audio quality about as good as a midrange smartphone's microphone records, when using a cheap but decent microphone with the transmitter. It has to have an audio input rather than a built in microphone.

I'd prefer that it be rechargeable, with a USB power input, so I can attach it to a solar power supply, but that's not necessary.

Does anyone know if anything like that is available for not much money? Less than $30 US, say.

Domochevsky
2016-07-28, 09:06 AM
Audio transmitter... you mean like bluetooth? :smallconfused:

gomipile
2016-07-28, 01:03 PM
Audio transmitter... you mean like bluetooth? :smallconfused:

That would be a possibility, but it's neither preferred nor required. Proprietary transceiver pairs are acceptable as well. It has to be something that can get output from a microphone on one side of a window into a 3.5mm microphone input of a device on the other side, that's all. What protocol the signal uses is of no concern as long as it works as well as I asked.