PDA

View Full Version : Favored Soul sorcerer, haste and SCAG cantrip help.

Degwerks
2016-07-28, 02:45 PM
I'm curious if this is legal to do or not with normal 5e rules. Can a 6th+ level Favored Soul Sorcerer have Haste on himself, use Quicken metamagic on a SCAG Booming Blade cantrip to get a bonus action attack, then do his normal 2 attacks, and then use his Haste action?

Quintessence
2016-07-28, 02:53 PM
I'm curious if this is legal to do or not with normal 5e rules. Can a 6th+ level Favored Soul Sorcerer have Haste on himself, use Quicken metamagic on a SCAG Booming Blade cantrip to get a bonus action attack, then do his normal 2 attacks, and then use his Haste action?

I don't see why not

RickAllison
2016-07-28, 02:59 PM

Action: Attack (Extra)
Bonus: GFB
Haste: Attack

Looks fine to me!

Specter
2016-07-28, 03:03 PM

Yes. Very nice!

Couple with Action Surge to cast Haste AND attack and you're a behemoth.

Degwerks
2016-07-28, 03:18 PM
Thanks Everyone!

Zman
2016-07-28, 03:42 PM
It is better to run up to a couple enemies while hasted and...

Action: Booming Blade(Twinned)
Bonus Action: Quickened Booming Blade
Haste Action: Disengage

And then you just walk away and make up to three enemies(two have to be next to each other) take the Boom Blade Rider Damage or not move. This is what my Fighter1/Sorcerer5 is loving right now. Next level it will be...

Action Surge: Booming Blade(Twinned)

Unfortunately the spell point cost will make it a rare thing to do, but if you're going to nova might as well throw out five Booming Blades by level 7 in one round and disengage and make them eat the damage, haha.

Sir cryosin
2016-07-28, 11:05 PM
It is better to run up to a couple enemies while hasted and...

And then you just walk away and make up to three enemies(two have to be next to each other) take the Boom Blade Rider Damage or not move. This is what my Fighter1/Sorcerer5 is loving right now. Next level it will be...

Action Surge: Booming Blade(Twinned)

Unfortunately the spell point cost will make it a rare thing to do, but if you're going to nova might as well throw out five Booming Blades by level 7 in one round and disengage and make them eat the damage, haha.

At sorcerer lv 4 take mobile feat and get that free disengage and get one more attack in. At lower lvs I like to use expeditious retreat and BB and mobile. That's why I think sorcerer make in my opion best gish in 5e. Even non favorited soul sorc. Dragon sorc makes a nice dex spellblade.

Zman
2016-07-29, 07:46 AM
At sorcerer lv 4 take mobile feat and get that free disengage and get one more attack in. At lower lvs I like to use expeditious retreat and BB and mobile. That's why I think sorcerer make in my opion best gish in 5e. Even non favorited soul sorc. Dragon sorc makes a nice dex spellblade.

Could go Mobile for sure, I went Spell Sniper Eldritch Blast just for a fun non elemental ranged attack. Plus, I was trying not to fully Optimize in my group as he is currently a DMPC and I don't want him out shining the other PCs. Sorcerer is my favorite way to Gish!

Sir cryosin
2016-07-29, 09:04 AM
Could go Mobile for sure, I went Spell Sniper Eldritch Blast just for a fun non elemental ranged attack. Plus, I was trying not to fully Optimize in my group as he is currently a DMPC and I don't want him out shining the other PCs. Sorcerer is my favorite way to Gish!

Ok that makes full cents. I've been waiting to play this kind of character. Are next campaign is a evil one we're the party is part of a assassin's guild. And I love nightblade magic assassins. So I'm going to be playing a dex melee dragon sorcerer. We starting at lv 3 can you give me any tips for lower lv play and what meta magics I should pick