PDA

View Full Version : 4e Promise Fulfilled, Roll 20 + WotC

R.Shackleford
2016-07-28, 03:39 PM
Kinda late but...

https://www.reddit.com/r/dndnext/comments/4v1sb7/roll20_officially_licensed_dd/

Quintessence
2016-07-28, 03:43 PM
Yet another platform where they will expect me to buy the same books I already own again.

R.Shackleford
2016-07-28, 03:50 PM
Yet another platform where they will expect me to buy the same books I already own again.

Yup, their anti-piracy system is just going to cause more piracy.

Not that YOU are a pirate, but in general.

Kryx
2016-07-28, 04:03 PM
FYI these modules will convert monsters to the Shaped sheet soon. Hopefully before my vacation in August.
-Author of the Shaped sheet

R.Shackleford
2016-07-28, 04:04 PM
FYI these modules will convert monsters to the Shaped sheet soon. Hopefully before my vacation in August.
-Author of the Shaped sheet

I say this in all seriousness..

I have no clue what that means.

Kryx
2016-07-28, 04:07 PM
I create the 5e Shaped (https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/3668698/5e-shaped-5-dot-0-8-plus/?pagenum=1) sheet for roll20. The modules are made using the official OGL sheet.

The modules will convert to the Shaped sheet soonTM.

Grod_The_Giant
2016-07-28, 04:08 PM
Oh, that looks very cool.

R.Shackleford
2016-07-28, 04:14 PM
I create the 5e Shaped (https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/3668698/5e-shaped-5-dot-0-8-plus/?pagenum=1) sheet for roll20. The modules are made using the official OGL sheet.

The modules will convert to the Shaped sheet soonTM.

That's quite neat.

Quintessence
2016-07-28, 04:25 PM
Yup, their anti-piracy system is just going to cause more piracy.

Not that YOU are a pirate, but in general.

Not gonna lie, I pirated A LOT of 3.5 ;P

Mostly because the books were so damn hard to find though :/

R.Shackleford
2016-07-28, 04:31 PM
Not gonna lie, I pirated A LOT of 3.5 ;P

Mostly because the books were so damn hard to find though :/

You can now buy them all legally for cheap, well I think all of them, pdf versions at least.

Quintessence
2016-07-28, 04:39 PM
You can now buy them all legally for cheap, well I think all of them, pdf versions at least.

Yeah, I went back and did that. I essentially only pirate something if I can't find it.

CantigThimble
2016-07-28, 04:45 PM
Yeah, I went back and did that. I essentially only pirate something if I can't find it.

Sometimes I'll use quasi-legal access to books to determine if they're actually worth anything to me but I always buy legal copies if I'm going to use the content.

Anonymouswizard
2016-07-28, 05:48 PM
Sometimes I'll use quasi-legal access to books to determine if they're actually worth anything to me but I always buy legal copies if I'm going to use the content.

This. I'm currently annoyed because I can't afford the core rules for The Dark Eye despite how cheap they are. But that's a specific case where the quickstart was good enough to sell me, most of the time I'll have a look at a book before buying a physical copy for the table.

Heck, most people I know do it. That's because we all prefer to run a game from a physical book, but there are points where it's just not practical to put forwards £40 before we've seen it.

Sigreid
2016-07-28, 06:06 PM
This. I'm currently annoyed because I can't afford the core rules for The Dark Eye despite how cheap they are. But that's a specific case where the quickstart was good enough to sell me, most of the time I'll have a look at a book before buying a physical copy for the table.

Heck, most people I know do it. That's because we all prefer to run a game from a physical book, but there are points where it's just not practical to put forwards £40 before we've seen it.

Aside from that, buying a product is the only way to vote for them to make more things along those lines that you will enjoy. Same with music.