PDA

View Full Version : A New Legend (IC)

Dudeons
2016-07-28, 07:30 PM
Lon Lon City. Once a simple ranch, the place received a massive influx of refugees after the Great Fire of Castle Town, a mysterious incident that started the Hundred Year War. As the tent city surrounding the ranch grew over the years, the people realized that the nobles were too busy squabbling to ever lend aid. Thus, they established their own government as the Lon Lon Republic, beginning the ranch's transformation into the true city it is today. The five splinter kingdoms of Hyrule regard the Lon Lon Republic as both friend and enemy; the most recent attack only a few years ago from Empress Inara was rebuffed not only by the Wardens of Hyrule, but by the other kingdoms who refused to give an inch of high ground to their enemies. Taking advantage of this peace, Lon Lon City welcomes people from all walks of life. From the Shadow Quarter of Festivan to the Rito Aviary of Post, every kind of people imaginable have made their own place in this bustling city.

The Wardens place is in the Warden Inn, a repurposed tavern that serves as headquarters to the Wardens of Hyrule. The upper floors provide basic lodgings to the Wardens while the ground floor serves as a meeting ground. Here, Wardens receive announcements, have meals, take on missions, or simply hang about. You find yourselves here one crisp autumn morning, the sun shining through the windows. A number of Wardens sit about at wooden tables, conversing with each other over breakfast. At the counter, a potbellied Goron chef prepares food. Posters line the southern wall, displaying information for available missions.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/0a/55/60/0a55608e9d52edec15d4c6455736ec45.jpg

Mood Music: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b8v54ELG4LU

JonRG
2016-07-28, 09:51 PM
Verin sits by himself next to the southern wall, feet up on the table. His middling breakfast sits half-eaten next to him while he reads one or two of the posters in his view.

DoctorFaust
2016-07-28, 11:29 PM
Nanashi is sitting with a group of other disreputable Wardens, laughing up a storm as they swap stories of the "good ol' days" and try to steal the choicest bits of each other's breakfasts.

Yael
2016-07-29, 12:56 AM
Morning was of meditation, as always. Inoboru would put on her clothing, and get going for the tavern.

While in the inn, as part of the Wardens project, Inoboru eats her breakfast while trying to hear what others say, but without paying enough attention. Whenever she would hear the word Din, then she would try to listen a little better.Spells prepared this morning are marked as an x in my sheet.

Urzamax
2016-07-29, 12:33 PM
As was often his custom in the mornings, Dago sat facing outward on a specially reinforced barstool, hobnobbing with the chef, volunteering himself as a taste-tester, and watching everyone else go about their business. It's likely the quietest he'll be all day.

DJCamWozzle
2016-07-29, 07:01 PM
Maniram comes down the stairs after an hour of scribbling in his journal. He grabs a piece of bread and eats it slowly as he walks down the walls, examing the list of available missions, taking mental notes on which sounded the most difficult and interesting. He muttered to himself while walking, "...no...no...sounds fun...probably..."

Daracaex
2016-07-30, 12:03 AM
Lyric glided gently down from a rooftop and alighted before the Warden Inn. She took a deep, slightly nervous breath and smoothed out her dress. This was it. Her first day as one of the Wardens of Hyrule.

She composed herself, put on a confident smile, and strode into the inn. It was... well, not as grand as she might have thought. It seemed like any other inn, aside from its patrons. Those, on the other hand, were much more varied and interesting. Were they all Wardens? They must have great stories! Lyric had heard some of them of course, but not she could hear them first hand!

Selecting an interesting target, Lyric casually moved over and sat down at one of the tables. "That's the symbol of the goddess Din, isn't it? But you're a Gerudo. Isn't that frowned upon?" she asks with an earnest smile.

Yael
2016-07-30, 01:27 AM
"Indeed!" Inoboru jumps off her seat and answers instantly, without thinking too much. Upon realizing her performance, she sits down embarrased, clears her throat, and lowers her voice. "Aherm, yes. It is very unusual that a Gerudo would worship, you know, anything." She tries to avoid nostalgia about her past, and forces a smile. "My manners! I am Inoboru, from the Desert, pleased to meet you." She gently bows while holding her amulet in her right hand.

Dudeons
2016-07-30, 02:29 AM
Verin

Looking at the southern wall, Verin spots a few posters from his position.

Investigation

Cattle have disappeared in Southern Hyrule. Discover why and return the cattle to their rightful owners.
Speak to Enny in Saria for more information.

Reward: 500 Rupees
Wardens: Minimum 4

Retrieval

Shipment of coffee for local Alís Cafe is a week overdue. Find the shipment and complete it's delivery.
Speak to Chief Quill in Post for more information.

Reward: 600 Rupees
Wardens: Minimum 2

Security

The Eclipse Festival, a holiday celebrating the peace between Hyrule and the Twilight Realm, is three days hence. The Shadow Quarter of Festivan has requested Wardens for security.
Speak to Nock in Festivan for more information.

Nanashi

"...and the old lady thought I needed booze the same way I need water!"

The rest of the group laughs at the Zora's tale. The Zora in question, Kieta, is leaning one arm on the table while the other arm gestures to the side as he finishes his story. He sits back in his chair, taking a long drink of water as he does so. He turns towards Nanashi.

"Now, what about you?" he asks, "What were you doing before you became a Warden?"

Inoboru & Lyric

The Warden's Inn is quieter than usual. It looks like most of the more experienced Wardens are out on mission, leaving only a few in the building. A group of rowdy looking fellows, including a smug-looking Zora and a Shiekah in a traditional half-mask, converse loudly off at one table while two Gorons are conversing at the counter. Two men, one Hylian and one Gerudo, seem to be looking over the mission posters on the southern wall.

Dago

The chef, Gormay, happily keeps up the small talk as he cracks some cucco eggs onto a skillet.

"It is good to see another Goron among the Wardens," Gormay remarks, "Have you taken on any missions yet?"

Maniram

Most of the posters are trivial things; high priority tasks are assigned to Wardens handpicked by Tetra Vale, the Head of the Wardens. However, you find a few that would come out to paying decent rewards.

Investigation

Cattle have disappeared in Southern Hyrule. Discover why and return the cattle to their rightful owners.

Retrieval

Shipment of coffee for local Alís Cafe is a week overdue. Find the shipment and complete it's delivery.

Reward: 600

Security

The Eclipse Festival is three days hence. The Shadow Quarter of Festivan has requested Wardens for security.

Reward: 500

DJCamWozzle
2016-07-30, 12:36 PM
Manriam mulls over his options before noticing the young Hylian man doing the same. The stranger seemed a cut above the rest, a little something special about him. Then he noticed the ring on his fingers. "You...you are a noble of Alryne, no?" Maniram said as he approached, hand stuck out for a friendly shake.

DoctorFaust
2016-07-30, 08:16 PM
"Well," Nanashi says, leaning forwards with a grin, "Immediately before, I was trying to run a scam on Lord Branshaw. I, poor idiot that I was, needed more rupees to pay rent, and thought that the man in fancy clothes with a glazed look would be a good mark. To my chagrin, he ended up being a lot smarter than I gave him credit for, and more familiar with loaded dice than I would think a gentleman should be. Would've ended up in prison for a long time if it hadn't been for a passing Warden."

JonRG
2016-07-31, 12:32 AM
A triumphant smirk graces Verin's features as he jabs a finger against the third announcement. "A party? Sounds like my kind of gig." He's not terribly surprised by Manriam's question. Many people had approached him in a similar fashion. It certainly didn't feel bad to have admirers. However, as he turns to face the man, Verin's very surprised to see a Gerudo. "Yes. My father rules those lands." He keeps his expression guarded while shaking Manriam's hand. It wouldn't do to start fights in the guildhouse. "My name is Verin. What's yours?"

DJCamWozzle
2016-07-31, 01:27 PM
Maniram smiles at Verin's response, "I am Maniram, sorcerer extraordinaire. I never thought I would see someone of your family again after I left the desert." he almost begins rambling, but cuts back to the important matter at hand."Nevermind all that, I was wondering if you would consider taking up any of these tasks with me." Maniram gestured towarda the wall of notices.

Daracaex
2016-08-01, 12:31 AM
"The pleasure is mine! I'd love to hear your story if you're willing to tell it." There was a moment of silence before the Rito remembered her own manners. "Oh! I'm Lyric, by the way. Uh, from the Death Mountains."

Yael
2016-08-01, 01:49 AM
"Pleased to meet you, Lyric." She continues after a brief pause she took to drink her mug. "Gerudo aren't faithful, that's a fact. I consider myself a special case, not that I try to believe I'm superior, but I guess not everyone of my kind will listen, they prefer to think that they are cursed by default, and cannot change that." She breathes and assumes a proud stance. "I don't just think that I am not cursed, I also think I'm blessed, and my people are, too. Because the Goddess of the Sand protect us, and aid us even in those unforgiving lands. In the end I am just trying to find the proper way to return faith to my race, as a whole, that's why I joined the Wardens." Inoboru realizes that she overdid. "Oh, I got carried away, my apologies. I would also love to hear your story, Lyric. You are actually the first rito I've met." Ends with a smile.

"By the way, isn't this pub a bit alone today? Like if everyone's out on a mision, today." Inoboru points out after noticing the amount of people in the inn.

Daracaex
2016-08-01, 02:42 AM
"Really?" Lyric says, genuinely surprised. "There are Rito all over the city out of Post, delivering mail. I stop to chat with people on my rounds all the time. Or, well, used to." She looks around at the sparse population of the inn as well. "I quit the postal service to join the Wardens. This is my first time here, so I wouldn't know if this is usual or not. Are you not all usually out on missions? Protecting Hyrule and its people from evil?"

While she spoke, she mentally filed the Gerudo's tale away. A solitary woman trying to bring her goddess back into the hearts of her people. Now that was a story worthy of the Wardens! Lyric hoped to stick around to see how it turned out.

Yael
2016-08-01, 02:49 AM
"Oh!" Inoboru opens her eyes in surprise. "I'm actually new, too. I pretty much arrived a few days ago, and signed for the Wardens. I haven't properly taken a mision yet. I guess that I am still shy about socializing, and all. I kind of spent years by myself in the waste." She stands up from her chair, after finishing her tarr, which isn't alcohol at all. "Well, feel like peeking into the posters board? I'm feeling confident today."

Urzamax
2016-08-01, 01:33 PM
"Oh, sure Brother! Mostly the little things though, patrols and the like. Keeping the City safe and clean, ya know." Dago eyes the sizzling cooco eggs hungrily, and adds, "Right now, I'd be happy to clean up a plate o' those eggs, if ya have a couple ready."He laughs as his stomach rumbles with a thunderous roar, as if in agreement.

Once he has his eggs, Dago nods and smiles to Gramor, reaching across the counter to fist-tap his shoulder, then slides off the stool with his plate and ambles over to Navani's table.

JonRG
2016-08-01, 01:49 PM
Verin considers, trying to keep a scowl off his face. "I was going to see," he consults the poster again, "Nock about providing security to the festival." Verin wouldn't pick a fight with his ancestral foe. He'd just saddle him with all the actual work while getting to have fun himself.

DJCamWozzle
2016-08-01, 02:58 PM
"Ah, guard duty." He sounded less than enthusiastic. "A festival does sound interesting, but why not accept the job to retrieve the coffee beans? It does pay more after all, and who can pass up visiting the beauteous Roost?" Maniram could see that Verin was a man that liked his wealth, trying to create a persuasive argument as to why the two of them should help Chief Quill. In reality, Maniram only wanted to see him again, as it had been quite a few years since he left Roost to travel again.

Daracaex
2016-08-01, 03:32 PM
"Sure! Is that where we get assignments then? Aren't we going to meet Tetra Vale?" As they got up and made their way to the posters, Lyric noticed the other Gerudo. "Oh! Is this a friend of yours, Inoboru?"

Yael
2016-08-01, 03:42 PM
"Err, well, I think we could first check out the jobs listed, then sign for one of the bunch, and then go see Mistress Vale."

"Not inherently." Inoboru says in a low voice. "Greetings, fellow Wardens." Refeering to the Gerudo and the Hylian by the board.

JonRG
2016-08-01, 03:53 PM
Verin makes a face. "Or we could stay right here in the city and catch a really good party." The two women approach them. "Goddess, there are two of them," he mutters, forcing a cheerful expression. "Good morning. Looking for work as well?"

DJCamWozzle
2016-08-01, 04:33 PM
Maniram was happy to give his attention to someone else, and was surprised to see another Gerudo, although not that pleased. His own race never sat well with him, but one should at least try to be decent to a stranger, regardless of what they are. "Hello there, I didn't know there were other Gerudo here."

Yael
2016-08-01, 05:04 PM
"So did I. I've not met with another of my kind years since." She bows a bit, exposing her amulet, although not on purpose. "My name's Inoboru, priestess of Din. And this is Lyric, we've just met." She lastly smiles to Verin. "And, yes. We're too checking the board, anything easy for rockies, today?"

Daracaex
2016-08-01, 05:57 PM
"Hey, this one is about that missing coffee shipment," Lyric said, looking at the posters. "I know Chief Quill, so we could probably get in to see him fairly quickly." She turned and looked at Inoboru questioningly.

DJCamWozzle
2016-08-01, 10:43 PM
"I am Maniram, a powerful sorcerer and student of Lady Vakii." He turned from Inoboru to Lyric. "and I was just saying to Verin here that we SHOULD take that job. It has been a while since I've seen Chief Quill, I wouldn't mind stopping by again." Maniram was pleased to have people on his side.

Yael
2016-08-01, 11:52 PM
"Then we should take that one, mind if we tag along? We're kinda new, and it doesn't seem that dificult."

Daracaex
2016-08-02, 12:46 AM
Lyric's eyes widened. "You're the Gerudo of Death Mountain! I heard all sorts of stories about you growing up! Did you really challenge Lady Vakii to a five-year duel to steal the power of flight?" Of course, she knew most of the stories were probably exaggerated rumor, but still, this was actually one of the local legends from her childhood in the flesh!

Dudeons
2016-08-02, 12:54 AM
Inoboru & Lyric

Investigation

Retrieval

Reward: 600

Security

The Eclipse Festival is three days hence. The Shadow Quarter of Festivan has requested Wardens for security.

Reward: 500

Nanashi

"Quite a turn of events," Kieta remarks, setting down his cup of water. As he does so, he quickly switches it with the cup of water of the stern-faced Hylian on his left. The Hylian doesn't seem to notice as Kieta raises his newfound cup to his mouth for another drink.

"Not e'ry day you see a Shiekah being that open 'bout 'imself," a squat-looking Deku Scrub sitting at Nanashi's left comments.

Dago

Gormay chuckles, keeping an eye on the eggs. After a few minutes, he slides them onto a plate and places it in front of Dago with a smile.

Yael
2016-08-02, 01:17 AM
"Did you grew outside of the Haunted Wasteland?" Inoboru asks surprised, after hearing Lyric. "And you're famous, too! Maybe with you will be eas-" As good as it was, meeting a non-traditional Gerudo, Inoboru knew that it would be a bad idea to try to force her thoughts into another's faith, that wasn't the revelation she had, and not the correct way to do it. "Err, as a fellow Warden, I hope we can get along, even if I don't actually share typical Gerudo beliefs."

JonRG
2016-08-02, 08:39 AM
"Philistines," Verin mutters with a discreet roll of his eyes. Then again, he wasn't about to run off on his own in search of work. Perhaps if Verin got this coffee nonsense over with quickly enough, he could at least attend the festival, even without getting paid for it. Verin smiles a little more genuinely. "Well, I'm clearly outnumbered, so... coffee it is."

DJCamWozzle
2016-08-02, 09:32 AM
"Not flight, but mentoring in the way of magic. And we only dueled once in the thirty years I studied, her completely wiping the floor with me." He laughed at the memory of being sent flying by his master, having to walk a week just to get back to the mountain again. Maniram smiled when Verin conceded to their wishes, happy to go see his old friend. "Shall we depart soon?"

DoctorFaust
2016-08-02, 10:04 AM
Nanashi smiles demurely, and shakes his head. "Oh, no, this isn't me being open. I haven't told you a single thing about how I got to Lon Lon city, have I? Anyone can find that out how I joined the Wardens by asking...ah! Speak of the devil."

As he sees Dago leave his spot by the cook, Nanashi calls his name and waves him over.

Yael
2016-08-02, 10:09 AM
"I've already had breakfast, so I'm ready, I don't know about you guys."

Urzamax
2016-08-02, 07:53 PM
"'Lo there Nanashi! Gents." Dago tromps over to their table, using a fork to shovel eggs into his mouth between sentences. He chews, swallows, and proudly belts out "Welcome to your first day in the Wardens, Brother! Got your eye on any of the missions yet?" He gestures with the fork, "On that wall over there."

DoctorFaust
2016-08-03, 02:01 AM
"The one for the coffee merchant sounded like good pay for little risk," Nanashi replies, turning away from his breakfast companions. "And from the sound of it, a few other Wardens had been looking at it as well, so it should be even less dangerous."

Daracaex
2016-08-04, 04:24 PM
"So how does this work?" Lyric asked. "Do we sign our names here and wait for Tetra Vale?"

Yael
2016-08-04, 07:48 PM
Inoboru stops as the rito speaks, realizing that her words were true. "Err, of course we should take the poster and give it to Tetra, I believe... With our names on it." Says with an embarassment smile.

DJCamWozzle
2016-08-05, 05:19 PM
Maniram shrugged, "I'm not exactly sure how to handle the quests, but I'm just going to go directly see Chief Quill." If that wasn't the way to go, then at the very least he could see an old friend.

Yael
2016-08-09, 06:07 PM
Inoboru writes her name in Hylian, which she had been practicing because of the majority of population in the cities she's been.

"There. I'll just write you down, Lyric. Also, Maniram, and, Verin, I suppose?" She hesitates. "I mean, Maniram called you that way, so that's why I supposed that was your name..." Finishes after she wrote the four names in the poster.

"I guess we should get moving, as Maniram said." Inoboru picks up her gear and gets moving.

DoctorFaust
2016-08-09, 06:12 PM
Seeing no response either way from Dago, Nanashi shrugs, and abandons the table to go over to where Inoboru, Lyric, and Maniram are gathered. "Hello there," he says with a broad smile. "I couldn't help but notice that it looks like you're all heading off for a job. Mind if myself and my Goron friend over there tag along?"

Yael
2016-08-09, 06:47 PM
"Hello, fellow Warden." Inoboru salutes. "My name is Inoboru, these are Lyric, Maniram, and Verin. We all accepted the mision, but some extra space wouldn't hurt anyway. Welcome aboard, I say." She takes her inkpen out again. "So, whose name should I write on the poster?"

DoctorFaust
2016-08-09, 11:34 PM
"Nanashi and Dago. I'm Nanashi, and that's Dago," he says, hooking a thumb at the Goron. "And it's very nice to meet you all."

Urzamax
2016-08-11, 12:09 AM
"Hello there!" Dago bellows out, claps a hand on Nanashi's shoulder, then steps forward and shakes hands with everyone, pumping arms and spouting pleasantries.
"Great to meet ya all! I sure look forward to working with ya. And if ya haven't heard it already, 'Welcome to the Wardens!'"

Yael
2016-08-11, 10:40 AM
"..Dago. There! You were written for the missing cargo mision." Inoboru turns to the Goron, and salutes in a verbally unstable goron language. "Hello, and thanks. My name is Inoboru." She coughs after, and returns to the Hylian she's been speaking all morning. "We should get going, we've assembled a 6-man group, which could end in a very successful mision, in my opinion."

Urzamax
2016-08-11, 01:27 PM
"Ho! Not every day ya meet a Gerudo what speaks Goron!" Dago thunders happily, wrapping Inoboru in a quick bear hug, lifting her a couple feet off the ground before gently setting her down again.

Yael
2016-08-12, 05:14 PM
"Yeah." She says in a not-too-surprised tone, when he placed her on the ground. "I spent some time with a traveling Goron troupe not too long ago."

After that, Inoboru starts walking towards Chef Quill's place.