PDA

View Full Version : D&D 5e/Next Emerald Legionnare

JNAProductions
2016-07-28, 09:25 PM
https://s31.postimg.org/bk0ko56s9/Emerald_Legionnare.png

Note: The Legionnare presented here is buck-naked. They can (and will) use any equipment they can get their hands on, including bows, swords, shields, armor, and especially magic items.

TheTeaMustFlow
2016-07-29, 11:02 AM
Another day, another ridiculously powerful monster from JNA :smallsmile: Where's this from?

Anyway, this should be fairly easy to deal with. Although I can't see a way through the invulnerability, you can just forcecage it while building a more permanent prison around it.

Also, that's not how you spell Legionnaire.

JNAProductions
2016-07-29, 11:04 AM
Another day, another ridiculously powerful monster from JNA :smallsmile: Where's this from?

Anyway, this should be fairly easy to deal with. Although I can't see a way through the invulnerability, you can just forcecage it while building a more permanent prison around it.

Also, that's not how you spell Legionnaire.

The old Emerald Legion from 3.5. I'd look it up-it's a fun thought experiment.

True, you could do that. (Though it has enough damage to break out, given time. Which it has.) The trick is, this thing is one of many. How many forcecages do you have? :belkar:

And no, it isn't. But I'm far too lazy to edit it correct. :P

Lalliman
2016-07-29, 01:01 PM
It's not immune to cold, which I assume is unintentional, and you listed sleight of hand twice in its skills.

Other than that... why would you even create this?? :smallbiggrin:

TheTeaMustFlow
2016-07-29, 02:17 PM
The old Emerald Legion from 3.5. I'd look it up-it's a fun thought experiment.

True, you could do that. (Though it has enough damage to break out, given time. Which it has.) The trick is, this thing is one of many. How many forcecages do you have? :belkar:

And no, it isn't. But I'm far too lazy to edit it correct. :P

Well, that was disturbing. Here's (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?101587-D-amp-D-3-5-The-Emerald-Legion-Mass-Producing-Ikea-Tarrasques)the original write-up, for anyone who's interested.

They don't actually have any magical attacks, so if my hypothetical forcecager is a werebear (and if we've got True Polymorph, then glorious werebeardom is only a single spell away), then yes, I have enough forcecages.

The old Gate 'em to the positive energy plane plan will also work eventually, especially since the original 3.5 write-up that's one of their few weaknesses. If we need to work faster, could get an Amulet of the Planes and deliberately fail the Int check to take them to another plane. At the very least, they're someone else's problem then.

Could also chuck a sphere of annihilation at them.

Could quivering palm them to reduce them to zero hp, then power word kill them.