PDA

View Full Version : Build Help

Nosta
2016-07-29, 01:46 PM
what is a good class for a swordmen with good cha? I want to be a cool sword swinging badass but have lots of social skills

Extra Anchovies
2016-07-29, 01:59 PM
Depends on the system you're using and the options you have available. For 3.5, check out the "A-Game" Paladin (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?445134-Weekly-Optimization-Showcase-quot-A-quot-Game-Paladin) - that guide explains it better than I could, but I can tell you it's a pretty solid build. In Pathfinder, I recommend the Dervish Dancer (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/bard/archetypes/paizo---bard-archetypes/dervish-dancer) Bard - there's no weapon restrictions on their battle dance, so get proficiency with your sword of choice (half-elf or human can help with that) and go to town. They're strong melee combatants (especially from 6th level on) with a great skill selection (6+Int and versatile performance) and 6th-level spellcasting from a utility-heavy list. Their only weak points are that they're a touch squishy for a front-liner and they're a lot more selfish than a stock Bard. If you'd prefer helping your buddies over stealing the show with your flashy dance moves, Bard 5/Cavalier 1 into Battle Herald (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/prestige-classes/advanced-players-guide/battle-herald) can hold its own in a fight and gets a pretty hefty Inspire Courage bonus to toss around.

Inevitability
2016-07-29, 02:19 PM
Crusader has charisma as a secondary stat and is great for any melee build.

If you are using a longsword, then there's some synergy with Devoted Spirit too.

BowStreetRunner
2016-07-29, 09:16 PM
Paladin is the original CHA-based melee combatant. It has Diplomacy and Sense Motive as its social skills.

Crusader is another example that comes from Tome of Battle. It has more skill points and gets Diplomacy and Intimidate.

The Knight class was introduced in Players Handbook II and gets Intimidate.

bloated glutton
2016-07-30, 10:51 AM
Marshall from miniatures handbook is good for a dip.
Its grants you a buff aura for a commander feel to your character.
A cleric dip could be nice for the turning and the domains.
You cant go wrong with Crusader and Paladin.
If this isnt what you're looking for to level out, both are great for a 4 lv dip also.

The divine might feat (CoW) lets you trade in turning attempts for cha to damage.
the nymphs kiss feat (BoED) gives skill pts, +2 cha based skills and a bonus on saves.

Troacctid
2016-07-30, 01:10 PM
I'm a fan of bard into Battle Howler of Gruumsh, possibly with a dip in warblade or crusader.

Cerefel
2016-07-30, 02:40 PM
If your character is CHA based, maybe you could try to get Iaijutsu focus as a class skill early on, I personally like starting with a level of Samurai(OA) and then just using a stronger class after that like Crusader or something similar.

Inevitability
2016-07-30, 02:54 PM
If your character is CHA based, maybe you could try to get Iaijutsu focus as a class skill early on, I personally like starting with a level of Samurai(OA) and then just using a stronger class after that like Crusader or something similar.

Note that technically the CW samurai superseded the OA one, so RAW it's not allowed. Any reasonable DM would ignore that rule, though.