PDA

View Full Version : 3rd Ed Another Gestalt: The Lichfiend

Raenel
2016-07-29, 03:37 PM
So, I'm making another gestalt build. And this game is about heroes, villains, and historical figures being brought back to life, albeit severely weakened. So I decided on making a character concept that I always like and wanted to try out, but was never really able to pull off well enough for my liking. It's a necromancer/demonologist kind of build, utilizing the characters demonic roots and his powers in conjunction with necromancy spells and the undead.
Here is the basis of the build:
So the general basis of the build is a necromancer who focuses on touch and save or suck spells together with decent physical abilities to help protect him early levels. The stats being used are stats for the game we are currently making characters for, so if they seem a little high just ignore them. I will probably post a version based off of point buy.
Name: Morda Verilka
Aliases: The Lichfiend, The Voracious King, Lord of Rapacious Keep
Race: Human
Alignment: CN
Classes: Death Master 1//Half-Fiend Template Class 1
Stats:
STR: 18
DEX: 18
CON: 12
INT: 18
WIS: 14
CHA: 10

Hp: 9
Ac: 19
TAc: 15
FAc: 15
DR: 4/Lawful

Feats:
Level One: Precognitive Visions
Human Bonus Feat: Cloak of The Obyrith
Flaw Bonus Feat: Claws of The Beast
Flaw Bonus Feat: Demonic Skin

Now, I'll probably keep on taking levels in Half-Fiend until I hit level four, after which I'll take a level or two in monk and after that who knows. But at level one I think I'm respectably tough as a first level character. What do you guys think? Any suggestions?
Oh, and here is the character's basic history:
Morad was born to a noble family, one that had more then it's fair share of skeletons in it's closet and demons in its dungeons. His father was an honorable man in public, but privately a cultist, worshiping Orcus and using his only son as an guinea pig for his experiments on mixing human and demon blood. After many year and countless failures, Morad's succeeded to make a breakthrough and transforming his son into a half-fiend.

But through the years, behind his fathers back, young Morad had learned from his books on the subject of necromancy and on the day of his fathers breakthrough, conjured an undead as his father let his guard down and had it slit his throat. Now free from his fathers tyranny, Morad continued with his studies into necromancy, especially knowledge on lichdom.

Not many know of the time period between Morad gaining the body of a half-fiend and his final step into
undeath, but all know of what happened after. Having recently gained powers beyond mortal comprehension, Morad set out to spend his eternity doing what he loved most. Partying and spending all of his money on alcohol and women. But after finding out that he was low on funds, and that there was an undead invasion just a country or two away that was threatening the whole world, he decided to stop by and teach the little wannabe necromancer a thing or two about true necromancy. After looting everything that his newest undead minion had once owned, he then continued to go to the leaders of every one of the neighboring countries and asked them, very kindly, if they liked living in a world without the undead. He never had to worry about money for mead, munchies, or mademoiselles ever again. Well, at least until a group of lawful jerkoff paladins decided that he was true evil and threw their entire country spanning organization at him. Just because he had a few bounties!
.....And he may or may not have been involved in the death of their leader for a very shiny and very hard to break rod locked away in their vaults. But to be fair, they had stolen it first.