PDA

View Full Version : Books ... if you wanted a story involving a rogue, a renegade ...

Pinjata
2016-07-30, 08:44 AM
I write short stories and sometimes I like a challenge (like implementing a strange idea in my story). So I'm kind of off regarding genre involving Han Solo and Malcolm Raynolds-like characters. So I was thinking ... I intend to write something with such a character(in broadest of sense. can be diffrent sex, race, species ...) and I'd really like some of your ideas in a form of "It'd be really great if our renegade would be ..." "It would be awesome if FOR ONCE the character would ..." or "I've yet to see the day when our badass rebel is ..."

I'm currently thinking of Rogue being a name of Imperial princes who gets kidnapped by freedom fighters. It turnes out princess is a top-tier cyborg assassin that lures rebels again and again and eliminates them. May be kind of lame tho. Thatswhy I'm asking here. If anyone feels like putting the rogue trope upside-down, tearing it apart or welding it at opposite ends for me to try a hand at it.

thanks

Hopeless
2016-07-30, 10:13 AM
How about an Agent is sent after a suspected terrorist, but his target is a Free Trader who survived a misjump losing everything because a Megacorporation stole her patents even though she had left a will making it clear they needed to wait a century before releasing her patents and wealth.

Discovering the owner of the patents that had turned the Corporation into the Megacorporation it had become and her being recognised would inevitably ruin said Megacorporation so they want her either killed or insure she cannot claim her due.

We learn she has been associating with rogues and traders who helped her rebuild her shattered life and whilst she does get help combating the Agents intrigues.

So we have a Marshal boyfriend and his team who are at odds over the Agent and the Marshal's girlfriend.

Her unlawful friends turn out to be more on her side than the lawful authorities as the Agent slowly tracks her down ending up in a violent confrontation.

The Agent survives returning to discover that his employers have cut him loose and similarly framed him to hide their actions whilst his target continues operating as a Trader but getting more and more involved in the underworld as her former boyfriend turns out to have clay feet.

You did say reverse the Rogue tropes and having them be the hero and the Law turn out to be clearly something from the Killjoy Universe.

Pinjata
2016-07-30, 10:52 AM
This looks really nice :)