PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder What savage races would be most appropriate to end up as Asmodeans?

Coidzor
2016-07-31, 01:30 AM
Especially divine casters like clerics, oracles, or shaman. So a combination of their fluff and stats.

I'm considering this for a Way of the Wicked game, but I'm also interested in Golarion specific rather than general pathfinder only, because we may have it set in Golarion with Talligarde off to the west of Avistan.

Initially I was thinking of some form of lizardfolk, having been reminded of the Serpent of Law myth, but they don't really have coherent stats to work with as I recall.

Tanuki Tales
2016-07-31, 02:33 AM
Initially I was thinking of some form of lizardfolk, having been reminded of the Serpent of Law myth, but they don't really have coherent stats to work with as I recall.

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/races/other-races/more-races/standard-races-1-10-rp/lizardfolk-8-rp

Honest Tiefling
2016-07-31, 02:42 AM
I've got to ask, is that story in Golarion? I haven't seen reference to it. It very well might be, but I do recall two things about Big Red. Firstly, he's into that whole shapechanger thing, which opens up some possibilities. (A Skinwalker from Cheliax specialized in hunting druids? My Golarion knowledge is slim), and is actually venerated by the humble Kobold.

Manyasone
2016-07-31, 06:37 AM
I always found that hobgoblins are prime material for devil worshipping. Especially if you use the old kingdoms of kalamar version of them. They would be really devout Asmodeans. Also I'm planning to do the same with WotW :-) even the same location

Geddy2112
2016-08-01, 12:00 PM
The Duregar would be a good choice as they are generally lawful evil and have good stats for cleric/shaman, although the charisma dump is not the best. Although they are fairly civilized for an evil race, they are still seen as pretty monstrous and evil savages by most.

Psyren
2016-08-01, 01:32 PM
If it's a serpentine race you want, consider also Vishkanya and Nagaji. The former in particular are famed for their seductive charm and use of poison - both devilish traits.

atemu1234
2016-08-01, 02:10 PM
The general gist is to go for the Lawful Evil ones.

I'm still a fan of the old-fashioned ones - humans.

Coidzor
2016-08-01, 05:25 PM
I've got to ask, is that story in Golarion? I haven't seen reference to it. It very well might be, but I do recall two things about Big Red. Firstly, he's into that whole shapechanger thing, which opens up some possibilities. (A Skinwalker from Cheliax specialized in hunting druids? My Golarion knowledge is slim), and is actually venerated by the humble Kobold.

Kobolds venerate him, eh? Neat! Thank you. :smallsmile:

As for whether the story will be set in Golarion, by default it's not, because it's not made by Paizo. The DM believes it wouldn't be too hard to adapt it to Golarion, though it'd required either changing some gods around or just having there being a regional/local god or two.

I always found that hobgoblins are prime material for devil worshipping. Especially if you use the old kingdoms of kalamar version of them. They would be really devout Asmodeans. Also I'm planning to do the same with WotW :-) even the same location

What version of them was that, again? One of the Khanate ones?

I'll have to see how playable hobbos are in PF...

The general gist is to go for the Lawful Evil ones.

I'm still a fan of the old-fashioned ones - humans.

Indeed, but the AP specifically forbids human tribals unless they're NE druids, so it's pretty much out. Or at least that was my reading of its reasons for banning chaotic individuals and having very stern language about Barbarians and Druids.

I believe the island is supposed to have had all tribals extirpated or forcibly assimilated? :smallconfused: What I've seen so far of the player's guide isn't really clear.

Manyasone
2016-08-02, 06:03 AM
Since it has been 13 years this book came out "Strength and Honor: The Mighty Hobgoblins of Tellene" If you can still find it it has some good stuff on them