PDA

View Full Version : Rules Q&A Star wars saga: new vehicles vs used vehicles

lord4571
2016-07-31, 02:29 AM
ok so i'm trying to figure out what the difference is between a new vehicle and a used one becuase im not seeing anything that says that there is one.

im looking at either
gallis-tech 48 wheel roller bike
or
zephyr-g swoop

KillianHawkeye
2016-07-31, 08:24 PM
The effects of the "used" condition for starships was accidentally left out of the core rulebook. It was instead printed in Starships of the Galaxy. The text is as follows:

Owning and operating a used starship can be a risky business. Though used starships are cheaper and easier to get hold of, they often develop their own unique quirks that prevent them from operating at full capacity. Whenever a used starship moves -3 steps on the condition track (to the point where the vessel is taking a -5 penalty on attack rolls, skill and ability checks, and defenses) or lower, the used ship's condition becomes persistent. Until the ship receives repairs (using the repair object application of the Mechanics skill), it cannot move up the condition track by means of the reroute power action (although other means, such as jury-rigging, can still be used).

mabriss lethe
2016-08-01, 08:20 AM
For future reference, saga edition threads belong on the "other rpg" forum, not 3.5.

UrsusArctos
2016-08-01, 10:56 AM
For future reference, saga edition threads belong on the "other rpg" forum, not 3.5.

This is the d20 games section, and Saga Edition is a d20 game.

fishyfishyfishy
2016-08-01, 11:32 AM
This is the d20 games section, and Saga Edition is a d20 game.

No he's right. Check the other forum and you'll see all the other posts about it there. Despite its similarities, saga edition isn't really based on the 3e/3.5 OGL like other d20 systems. It was made by WotC and seems to be more a hybridization of 3.5 and 4e. 4e isn't in this forum either despite the core dice mechanic revolving around the d20.

lord4571
2016-08-01, 08:47 PM

sorry i saw d20 and didnt this systems seems a lot like modern d20 so i thought thats what it meant